Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it secure to use MyEtherWallet?  (Read 36030 times)
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 12:33:28 PM

If the URL is correct or you used the same bookmark saved on your browser, you are safe. All the other things you used to access the wallet things simply out if missed here.
Well, that is the best option we can do here. Bookmarking a site which is safe will less of chance that you've scam or hack and that is a safe strategy in clicking site. There is also site that bait to click once you have been clicked you've fallen into their trap.
You can still use the vintage site of MyEtherwallet or known as an old site of MEW site.

Bookmarking is 1 way, it is a very good way and how I keep track of my sites. But make sure to do it on a saved account so you can export to other new devices for future.

But remember also it is not the only way,,, always use whitelists and always also check extensions regularly and keep an eye on the updates. Sometimes patches prevent vulnerabilities, but only if you upgrade the latest patch.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yoshinoya

Activity: 335
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 04:40:29 AM

it is very safe to make your wallet use myetherwallet with the ethereum platform, but keep your public key safe.
because it's one way to access your wallet.
and be careful now that many phishing sites even look very similar to the myetherwallet site,
so my advice after you make a wallet, mark the page
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 07:00:18 AM

it is very safe to make your wallet use myetherwallet with the ethereum platform, but keep your public key safe.
because it's one way to access your wallet.

and be careful now that many phishing sites even look very similar to the myetherwallet site,
so my advice after you make a wallet, mark the page

you mean to say private key ? a public key is your wallet address but you got a nice advice above there . yes your right  . myetherwallet is a verry popular wallet and that means its also popular to hacks and phishing attempts   . we must bookmark the official/original page so that we can minimize the risk of getting phished  . using other options to access your mew wallet is also advisable aside from using your private keys or better use metamask  extension  .
btcyoda

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 12:16:06 PM

For me its better to use old accounts for mew because making a new one is very hard to understand and it has a chance to forgot your password wallets but it is also secure and safe for using mew.

With the new website, they have complicated the which they have added many security features in order to secure our funds because many people are complaining they are losing money in MEW. So it is good to hold the coin in MEW as long as if we don't share our private with others.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:03:09 AM

Use metamask instead. Because in some of the case, what I have observed, some private keys are somehow become public. I don't know much about it. I have seen this case couple of days ago someone complaining his ETH is going to another address automatically.
Check this- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5136644.msg50791077#msg50791077
Myetherwallet is better than metamask there are a lot of time ethereum and erc20 coin has been stolen by the hacker while people used metamask and as it is an extension it is a high risk.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 12:37:01 PM

For me its better to use old accounts for mew because making a new one is very hard to understand and it has a chance to forgot your password wallets but it is also secure and safe for using mew.
they updated more secured for customer, looking good for me and friendly. old or new one are same when you are understand how to safe private key into right place not at phising site.
Even i like the older version of mew, everytime i log in to my wallet to trade a coin i use the old version cause for me its more comfortable than the new one.
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 11:08:23 PM

they updated more secured for customer, looking good for me and friendly. old or new one are same when you are understand how to safe private key into right place not at phising site.
Even i like the older version of mew, everytime i log in to my wallet to trade a coin i use the old version cause for me its more comfortable than the new one.

I have a friend here, LOL. I cannot move on also, I always use the old format of MEW as they give us an option.

If they will remove it, maybe we will be force to use the new one..

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Victorycoin

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 06:30:33 PM

You can use both version of my etherwallet either you want to use old version or new version but my choice is alternative of you, I mainly like it new version  more than old version.
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 07:16:40 AM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?

When it comes in storing altcoins yes, MEW(myetherwallet) was already proven and tested.
In fact, I've been used this for a years, and yet up to now I don't face any issues problem in using this
platform. It is safe as long as you're not giving your private key to anyone.
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 04:36:38 PM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?
Sure. MEW is the most popular personal wallet in the market today. I have used it for a long time. You will feel comfortable, simple and safe if you master it. In addition to small issues about fishhing DNS of google in 2018 with a little worry. I have complete peace of mind when using MEW.

TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2019, 11:46:10 PM

Sure. MEW is the most popular personal wallet in the market today. I have used it for a long time. You will feel comfortable, simple and safe if you master it. In addition to small issues about fishhing DNS of google in 2018 with a little worry. I have complete peace of mind when using MEW.

MEW really do a lot of things to make their users confident to use their service. That is why people keep like to use it even other people said that not safe if use online web service to be our wallet.

Flupy

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 02:34:51 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2023, 03:34:12 PM by Flupy

👛 OWNR Wallet – is a secure and convenient non-custodial cryptocurrency wallet that allows you to manage your cryptocurrencies by storing them in encrypted storage on your device. Similar to Atomic Wallet, Exodus, Jaxx, Trust Wallet, but more convenient and better!

Visa cryptocard: Directly in your OWNR wallet or on the website, you can apply for a Visa crypto card. Credit your card instantly with cryptocurrency, pay your purchases at corner shops and in your favorite online services.

Buy crypto in a wallet: You can also buy and exchange cryptocurrency directly in your OWNR wallet at a favorable rate for you.

Withdraw cryptocurrencies with OWNR wallet: Sell cryptocurrencies and receive fiat funds to your Visa/Mastercard card in a few clicks.

Supports cryptocurrencies: BTC, BCH, BNB, TRX, LTC, ETH, SOL, ZEC, DASH, DOGE, MATIC, AVAX. Also supports USDT/USDC stablecoins in ETH, SOL, TRON, BNB

cola-jere

Activity: 665
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:20:57 AM

I've used MEW as my first eth wallet. I haven't had issues on safety ever since. Just make sure you only use your Priv Key in the real MEW website.
Store your priv key in an encrypted file as well. Then encrypt the USB as well with a different password where the file will be stored.

fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 01:48:40 PM

My etherwallet is a safe storage for all your erc 20 tokens,  myetherwallet is my 1st choice when it comes to security of your coins,unless the user is victim of phishing were his privatekey copied by the hacker.

futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 06:11:44 AM

You can use both version of my etherwallet either you want to use old version or new version but my choice is alternative of you, I mainly like it new version  more than old version.

Yes, the new version seems to very good compared to the old one, instead of that we should think about the security level in order to safeguard our coins. So, i have been using MEW for more than 2 years which is very secured to hold the coin. So we need not bother about this MEW because as long as if you don't share your private key you will be in safe hands.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 11:30:43 AM

Yes, the new version seems to very good compared to the old one, instead of that we should think about the security level in order to safeguard our coins. So, i have been using MEW for more than 2 years which is very secured to hold the coin. So we need not bother about this MEW because as long as if you don't share your private key you will be in safe hands.

I have my favorites in the old version but that is always natural with new upgrades. I actually now only use MEW together with MetaMask so I am still unfamiliar with many of the new MEW functions. To me, the graphics and visuals are less important than the speed and security, so in that respect I believe nothing has really changed with MEW.

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Victorycoin

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:01:56 AM

I think this online wallet for ethereum and its tokens is safe enough, at least I use it from the very beginning.
Myetherwallet is the most safest wallet for altcoin which is erc 20 supported and also for ethereum. It is easy and safest way to anyone who wants to use myetherwallet.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:19:44 PM

I think this online wallet for ethereum and its tokens is safe enough, at least I use it from the very beginning.
Myetherwallet is the most safest wallet for altcoin which is erc 20 supported and also for ethereum. It is easy and safest way to anyone who wants to use myetherwallet.
I agree on what youve said, and i have no doubt why most ethereum and token holders choose myetherwallet to hold thier assets because its safe. 
Victorycoin

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 05:09:22 AM

I agree on what youve said, and i have no doubt why most ethereum and token holders choose myetherwallet to hold thier assets because its safe. 
I think Myetherwallet system already safe, and until now it is rare to see wallet sites get hacked like exchangers. If there are not from user's mistake, i think Myetherwallet not have any problem to be used.
Myetherwallet is safe but scammer can user likeness of myetherwallet to steal information in this case people should be carefull about the real myetherwallet and likeness of myetherwallet.
futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 06:51:20 AM

I think Myetherwallet system already safe, and until now it is rare to see wallet sites get hacked like exchangers. If there are not from user's mistake, i think Myetherwallet not have any problem to be used.

We have seen many ERC 20 token launched but all of them can be stored in wallet i.e MEW, i hope as long as if you don't share your private key with other you will be in safe hands to protect your coins. I have been using MEW from very long which i didn't face any problems with the MEW.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: