Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:49:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [In Stock] Batch 8! Gridseed miners in Stock in Los Angeles. [$225]  (Read 54879 times)
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:38:53 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I wanted to buy just one for testing this out so I don't want to buy a  full blown separate power supply or anything yet. So I suppose if I get this AC adapter http://www.ebay.in/itm/12V-5A-POWER-ADAPTER-SMPS-POWER-SUPPLY-FOR-LED-AND-OTHER-EQUIPMENTS-/181343625932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item2a38ec22cc   and connect the Gridseed device to my PC via my mobile's data cable (micro USB) and installed the specific CGminer version, I could hash away at 300KH?

Or this http://www.ebay.in/itm/Universal-Notebook-Charger-Adapter-Power-Supply-for-Laptop-12V-to-24V-96W-/301109513618?pt=IN_Laptop_Desktop_Accessories&hash=item461b868d92

I am going to run one on this. People over at reddit have been using it without issues
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TUMDWG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For my other 10 that I'm receiving next week, going with a CX600 psu (since I already have a spare one from an older desktop pc).

I thought the inner diameter was supposed to be 2.1mm. If that one you linked works then I have a spare Adapter for my LCD monitor with 12v 5A 60W that should work. Just perfect! Thanks for pointing out.

cool

2.1mm and 2.5mm work. Some people prefer the 2.1mm gives a little snugger fit.Over the 2.5mm

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
ruptan

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:31:39 PM

Hi,
I purchased one this morning and once I try it out, may be I will buy more if they do not get fried Smiley It says it will ship on Monday 17th of March. Order No 1768. You can also use coupon code Zoomhash to get 5% discount.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
HeaDeKBaT

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:53:35 PM

Guys can you help me a bit? I never built a ACSI miner, but I did gpu rigs. If I order 10 of these what else will I need? How big a power supply? And what other components.
Thanks

AC: AZrfhrxTmeBJZuYv4bZBHbNnkgQHuA4Cy8
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:01:26 PM

Finally got my units today!  Following UnicornHasher's guide, they were up and running in a matter of minutes.  I'm running them off of a scrypt rig.  I was able to get both cpuminer and cgminer working following his instructions.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.0

Thanks, ZoomHash and UnicornHasher.
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:08:00 PM

Finally got my units today!  Following UnicornHasher's guide, they were up and running in a matter of minutes.  I'm running them off of a scrypt rig.  I was able to get both cpuminer and cgminer working following his instructions.

Great, did you make psu barrels or just connect to the industrial power supply?
davecoin

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:27:03 PM

I bought some connectors at Radio Shack (didn't know ZH would send me some), and connected them to the psu on a molex connector.
flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:07:50 PM

I bought some connectors at Radio Shack (didn't know ZH would send me some), and connected them to the psu on a molex connector.

Ahhh I just picked up the molex supplies from Radio Shack as well. I'll wait till Monday when I get my gridseeds then before cutting them up. Maybe he'll surprise me too with some psu cables Smiley
davecoin

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:14:17 PM

Ahhh I just picked up the molex supplies from Radio Shack as well. I'll wait till Monday when I get my gridseeds then before cutting them up. Maybe he'll surprise me too with some psu cables Smiley

He didn't send cables, just the barrel connectors. Like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Gino-2-1x5-5mm-Power-Adapter-Camera/dp/B0058RLD9C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1394835241&sr=8-4&keywords=2.5+x+5.5+connector
XScrypt

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:56:05 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 12:08:41 AM by XScrypt

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I wanted to buy just one for testing this out so I don't want to buy a  full blown separate power supply or anything yet. So I suppose if I get this AC adapter http://www.ebay.in/itm/12V-5A-POWER-ADAPTER-SMPS-POWER-SUPPLY-FOR-LED-AND-OTHER-EQUIPMENTS-/181343625932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item2a38ec22cc   and connect the Gridseed device to my PC via my mobile's data cable (micro USB) and installed the specific CGminer version, I could hash away at 300KH?

Or this http://www.ebay.in/itm/Universal-Notebook-Charger-Adapter-Power-Supply-for-Laptop-12V-to-24V-96W-/301109513618?pt=IN_Laptop_Desktop_Accessories&hash=item461b868d92

I am going to run one on this. People over at reddit have been using it without issues
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TUMDWG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For my other 10 that I'm receiving next week, going with a CX600 psu (since I already have a spare one from an older desktop pc).

If all you doing is scrypt mining, just about any old 12v power supply you have lying around will probably work. Max draw overclocked is around 10 watts, so even a 1 amp supply should work. I'm using an old microscope power supply that's 12v 3 amps and have had zero issues scrypt mining with an overclocked gridseed.

So if you're like me and just want to run a single one for testing just dig around your old electronics drawer/box. Just make sure it's (-)----(*----(+) and not (+)----(*----(-). Smiley

EDIT: I ordered mine from ZoomHash. They said it would ship on the 9th and it did. Arrived earlier today, set it up, and has been running ever since without issue. The only quirk I noticed so far is that if you want to switch what you're mining, it seems you can't just stop the miner and start it again. You need to disconnect then reconnect the USB cable. This is likely a software issue (driver or miner).

LTC- LKdDXfJbCqMHpqTZwhaMKRE51eA7PPsCYy
flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:51:05 AM

He didn't send cables, just the barrel connectors. Like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Gino-2-1x5-5mm-Power-Adapter-Camera/dp/B0058RLD9C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1394835241&sr=8-4&keywords=2.5+x+5.5+connector

Ahh okay, more fun Smiley
BorisAlt

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:46:31 AM

Zoomhash, what's happening with March 13 shipments?

ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:50:22 AM

I am wondering too...When I paid...it said March 13...Now is ..."Ships Next Monday"...17-th I guess...
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:10:50 AM

I am wondering too...When I paid...it said March 13...Now is ..."Ships Next Monday"...17-th I guess...

Nope. We were supposed to get 2000 pieces Friday but the shipment got delayed in customs. We paid a truck driver extra to get them delivered to us on Saturday.

We got everyone at the office to come in on Saturday to clear out the orders. Thanks!

why all the new accounts? I was PM'd by another account
Zoomhash_michael

Activity: 334

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:11:38 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 09:22:12 AM by Zoomhash_michael

Nope. We were supposed to get 2000 pieces Friday but the shipment got delayed in customs. We paid a truck driver extra to get them delivered to us on Saturday.

We got everyone at the office to come in on Saturday to clear out the orders. Thanks!

We are expanding! Getting more help to manage everything.

@ZiG What batch was this? We are not aware of us actually missing any delivery dates. PM me your order number Smiley

Please let us know!

Also, if we are late we will refund 10% off the purchase price, which should be more than to compensate for the lost mining revenue.
cutemelon

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:53:11 AM

it originallyl said batch 8 is shipping on monday but now i only see a same day shipping option
does that mean my order i paid for on 3/14 will ship 3/15?
BorisAlt

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:52:32 PM

I sent PM to Zoomhash with my order number. Thanks.

Zoomhash would need to say here that Zoomhash-Michael is authorized rep account. Otherwise I do not want to exchange PMs.

flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:43:24 PM

I sent PM to Zoomhash with my order number. Thanks.

Zoomhash would need to say here that Zoomhash-Michael is authorized rep account. Otherwise I do not want to exchange PMs.

Zoomhash-Michael, sent PM about order but like BorisAlt mentioned, it would be nice to have Zoomhash post here to vouch.
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:29:39 PM

We are expanding! Getting more help to manage everything.

@ZiG What batch was this? We are not aware of us actually missing any delivery dates. PM me your order number Smiley

Please let us know!

Also, if we are late we will refund 10% off the purchase price, which should be more than to compensate for the lost mining revenue.

PM sent...Thanks
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:07:18 PM

pm sent , check plz.
BorisAlt

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:48:11 PM

I got a PM from Zoomhash (under one of his aliases) that my order was found and he is sending it overnight to compensate for the glitch. That's a great service if you ask me Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: