Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 06:21:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [In Stock] Batch 8! Gridseed miners in Stock in Los Angeles. [$225]  (Read 54879 times)
themeco

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:23:02 AM

I got my ten pack of Gridseeds today but I haven't had much luck. One of the power supplies provided was dead from the get go. The other power supply had a flashing green light after plugging in a couple, and now won't power even one. So I haven't been able to test most of my Gridseeds. Is there any recommended alternative power supply I can get for 10? Ideally I don't want to get an individual power supply for each one. I also hope the power supplies didn't damage any of the Gridseeds.

After reading this guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.0 ...and stories like yours, I'm not touching those PSUs.  I plan on using those PCI-E cables on zoomhash.com with a good ATX PSU.

Although I'm wondering...why just three barrels per PCI-E connector?  Those can handle more than 7W x3.

If you don't want to wait, you could fashion your own PCI-E power to those barrel connector wires.

That seems like the safest option. I having to go and buy a single power adapter just to test and make sure they are functioning 1st before I spend any extra money on cables and PSU. I noticed they stopped selling the PSU's with the 10 pack now anyways. Probably for good reason. I'll have to buy the extra cables but it will probably delay me by another week which is frustrating. It will also cost me an extra $50 in shipping  Angry

If any of my units are not working will I be able to return them and receive a replacement?
guytechie

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:38:08 AM

So when will they ship?  Still looking at "Unfulfilled".

Put something in my tip jar if I made your day. Smiley
BTC:
1MkmBHDjonAFXui6JEx9ZmEemfMtUo9Cmu
themeco

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:12:00 PM

Usually within 24 hours, it can take a bit longer. Mine took a couple of days. It should be with you in under a week.
robogrowth

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:46:01 PM

i'm looking to purchase a 10 pack but I can't seem to find the paypal button.. was it taken down?  it was there yesterday..

It is gone but why don't you just pay on your card or buy BTC and pay with those? which ever way you do it it's still costing the same amount so i don't really see what the issue is?

Because I have paypal cash I want to spend.

Withdraw it maybe?

I'd rather just purchase from someone who supports paypal, and already have at a much cheaper price.. ended up with 12 gridseeds and all the fixins for the same price as a 10 pack here.. His loss, he could have gotten a 2k order instead he lost business to a rival dealer.  Why jump through someones hoops, when someone has a pool next door.
BendixY

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:15:45 PM

Oh god, these PSUs...

I tried a few things: hooking up each PSU seperately to see where the problem lies. One of the PSUs for the Miners doesn't work at all. It doesn't light up when connected to power. The other one just blows out my fuse. The only one that seems to work is the one for the USB-Hub. Since I haven't had good experience with Zoomhash answering my questions, i'm going to ask you guys: What's a reasonable alternative? Also, what else would i have to get extra besides the PSU? Cables for the miners? What kind of store most likely has the kind of PSU I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance!
adzmullen

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:03:04 PM

i'm looking to purchase a 10 pack but I can't seem to find the paypal button.. was it taken down?  it was there yesterday..

It is gone but why don't you just pay on your card or buy BTC and pay with those? which ever way you do it it's still costing the same amount so i don't really see what the issue is?

Because I have paypal cash I want to spend.

Withdraw it maybe?

I'd rather just purchase from someone who supports paypal, and already have at a much cheaper price.. ended up with 12 gridseeds and all the fixins for the same price as a 10 pack here.. His loss, he could have gotten a 2k order instead he lost business to a rival dealer.  Why jump through someones hoops, when someone has a pool next door.

Fair enough i do see your point. Which rival did you purchase from apparently zoomhash will match / beat any other price it may be worth mentioning the retailer on here and they may adjust there prices

guytechie

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:04:48 PM

Oh god, these PSUs...

I tried a few things: hooking up each PSU seperately to see where the problem lies. One of the PSUs for the Miners doesn't work at all. It doesn't light up when connected to power. The other one just blows out my fuse. The only one that seems to work is the one for the USB-Hub. Since I haven't had good experience with Zoomhash answering my questions, i'm going to ask you guys: What's a reasonable alternative? Also, what else would i have to get extra besides the PSU? Cables for the miners? What kind of store most likely has the kind of PSU I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance!

You can use a standard ATX PSU (same one used in desktop computers).  You'll just need to slice and dice some wires.  You can buy "extension cables" and slice and dice those if you don't want to modify the actual wires of the PSU (so you can reuse on a PC or resell).

Just make sure you are supplying the right voltage (12v line).  There are many guides out there.

Here's one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482352.0

Here's one that's PSU-specific.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518947.0

BTC:
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:18:10 PM

please readd Paypal!

i dont have so much money on-hand,
and PP lets me use my free credit card
guytechie

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:52:16 PM

Hmm... I'm a little worried...  zoomhash hasn't posted anything since March 14, 2014...

BTC:
Mad Macs

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:57:24 PM

I've been trying to contact zoomhash for over a day now with an issue without much luck.  I bought the 10-pack starter kit and plugged in two gridseeds to the 12v octopus.  I then connected them with USB to the included hub and both devices exploded in a shower of sparks.  I had never seen a USB cable glow until last night.  Needless to say I'm not happy.
themeco

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:07:50 PM

I've been trying to contact zoomhash for over a day now with an issue without much luck.  I bought the 10-pack starter kit and plugged in two gridseeds to the 12v octopus.  I then connected them with USB to the included hub and both devices exploded in a shower of sparks.  I had never seen a USB cable glow until last night.  Needless to say I'm not happy.

I'm in a similar situation. I contacted them this morning but haven't heard back yet. I'm having to wait till mid next week to get a new power adapter to test my units one by one in the hopes none have been damaged by the bad power supplies. I think my USB hub still works but I've bought a new one to be sure. I've bought an additional 4x 6pin adapter cables as I can't afford much more delay despite the fact I'm not sure whether my units still work.

I understand Zoomhash must be busy but it's quite stressful having this happen with no word. Any word would be appreciated.
Mad Macs

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:21:45 PM

I have a bit of good news for myself, I think one of my 12v power supplies was bad.  On a whim I connected a gridseed to the other one along with USB and nothing exploded.  I did them one by one until I had 5 connected and they didn't set my house on fire.

So, I need to RMA 2 gridseeds I think along with 1 power supply.

OH, and apparently they sent me a dead SD card as it won't mount or boot the rasbpi.

Sheesh, I'm having a bad day.

I'm in a similar situation. I contacted them this morning but haven't heard back yet. I'm having to wait till mid next week to get a new power adapter to test my units one by one in the hopes none have been damaged by the bad power supplies. I think my USB hub still works but I've bought a new one to be sure. I've bought an additional 4x 6pin adapter cables as I can't afford much more delay despite the fact I'm not sure whether my units still work.

I understand Zoomhash must be busy but it's quite stressful having this happen with no word. Any word would be appreciated.
themeco

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:35:17 PM

I have a bit of good news for myself, I think one of my 12v power supplies was bad.  On a whim I connected a gridseed to the other one along with USB and nothing exploded.  I did them one by one until I had 5 connected and they didn't set my house on fire.

So, I need to RMA 2 gridseeds I think along with 1 power supply.

OH, and apparently they sent me a dead SD card as it won't mount or boot the rasbpi.

Sheesh, I'm having a bad day.

Have you tried this - http://zoomhash.com/pages/raspberry-pi
Mad Macs

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:41:04 PM

Yeah, I'm imaging it now on my macbook pro.  Hopefully it will work.
guytechie

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:46:15 PM

My order now says Fullfilled!  Very exciting!  Where would the tracking number be?

BTC:
Mad Macs

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:37:52 PM

Okay, I did this, ran through the configuration and don't see anything happening.  I do screens and all 5 processes are "detached"

Ideas?  Or just use scripta?
Mad Macs

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:51:50 PM

Well, the included USB hub is dead too, so I can only connect 2 gridseeds to my pi.  I ended up using Hashra and it's working well, too bad half my crap is dead and needs to be returned to zoomhash who STILL haven't gotten back to me and it's been over 24 hours.
guytechie

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:39:53 PM

So what does "fulfilled" mean?  Ready to ship?

BTC:
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:27:32 AM

my order cleared customs. instant. no document sending this time

...finally a seller who declares right value and includes an invoice?
Mad Macs

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:41:30 AM

My kit shipped Tuesday from Hong Kong, and I had it Thursday.

Too bad most of my stuff doesn't work, but it DID get delivered promptly.

my order cleared customs. instant. no document sending this time

...finally a seller who declares right value and includes an invoice?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: