Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:58:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you have been Zhoutonged?  (Read 26405 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:18:36 PM

obviously, but 10:1 you're net short otherwise you  wouldn't be getting so angry at a Bull like me who keeps messing up your grand plans.

What "grand plans" do I have that you don't, exactly? I'm not angry at anyone. Your predictions are fine, I'm only showing the hypocrisy of your position: If you care about the price rising, you care about making money on your investment. If you care about making money, you shouldn't care about making it on the way up, or on the way down. You have always been the "childish" speculator you so deride.

hey, read what you write.  you're the one who started the childish personal attacks.  not me.  all i've done is state the bullish case and stuck to it.  you can't handle it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMagic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 08:08:58 PM

obviously, but 10:1 you're net short otherwise you  wouldn't be getting so angry at a Bull like me who keeps messing up your grand plans.

What "grand plans" do I have that you don't, exactly? I'm not angry at anyone. Your predictions are fine, I'm only showing the hypocrisy of your position: If you care about the price rising, you care about making money on your investment. If you care about making money, you shouldn't care about making it on the way up, or on the way down. You have always been the "childish" speculator you so deride.

hey, read what you write.  you're the one who started the childish personal attacks.  not me.  all i've done is state the bullish case and stuck to it.  you can't handle it.

Pretty sure I've been telling you why you're a hypocrite with your "short-seller attacks," and you've come back with nothing of substance. I just wanted to document this for everyone else. If you don't want it public, feel free to edit your posts. I'm bored proving your anti-short position wrong.

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 08:11:16 PM

Zhou:

i am optimistic for your long clients.  its RISK ON time!

1.  stocks up
2.  USD down
3.  UST's down-HUGE source of money.
4.  commodities:  energy, oil, gold, silver up
5.  historic move out of sovereign bonds into equity and risk plays (Bitcoin)
6.  VIX heading down.  VIX spiked up 6x but returned to near baseline before final big spike in late 2008.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 05:44:26 PM

Zhou:  you'd better get your algorithm tightened up for the upcoming volatility.
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2011, 10:16:16 PM

Zhou:  you'd better get your algorithm tightened up for the upcoming volatility.

I don't think you know anything.

I should always tighten up my algorithm.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 08:31:38 AM

I don't think you know anything.

That is very little, indeed.  Shocked

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:00:16 PM

mtgoxlives's connected = 918

somethings brewing...

I set all the university computers' homepages to mtgoxlive.  I think you're right that something's brewing, but it's more likely a bunch of people are tuning in for the entertainment of the exchange value falling back to where it started.

Do you really think it'll go to 6 cents again?!  Roll Eyes

I think a year from now the price will be closer to 6 cents than to $20 (probably even $5).

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:22:32 PM

somethings brewing...

I set all the university computers' homepages to mtgoxlive.  I think you're right that something's brewing, but it's more likely a bunch of people are tuning in for the entertainment of the exchange value falling back to where it started.

I think a year from now the price will be closer to 6 cents than to $20 (probably even $5).

OMG, we get it, you dont like bitcoin and you want to see it fail...

Drop it.

If you put in the same amount of effort into your life and job and so forth, as you do in bashing bitcoin you could be rich..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:31:41 PM

somethings brewing...

LOL!
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:32:28 PM

somethings brewing...

Drop it.

If you put in the same amount of effort into your life and job and so forth, as you do in bashing bitcoin you could be rich..

have u ever considered bashing Bitcoin could be his job?
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 04:25:15 PM

somethings brewing...

Drop it.

have u ever considered bashing Bitcoin could be his job?

Well yes, its obvious it is. but it certainly cant pay as much as the effort put in, he clearly "wastes" all his time reading the posts.

So.. yes it could be, but the effort put in actually deserves a well pay..  that is my point..

My guess is, he makes peanuts.. or even worse, he's not getting paid to do it! then I would laugh..  Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:08:41 PM

wait.... you people actually think someone is getting paid to bash bitcoin? seriously?

ok i'll bite....lets see how deep the rabbit hole goes.......

who is paying people to bash bitcoin?  cia? illuminati? the angry ghost of 2pac? 

why would anyone pay someone else to "professionally" take down bitcoin? did someone forget to give the paypal mafia thier protection money?

oh no, was it...... THE MANIPULATOR?!?!?!?!?!?

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 08:09:12 PM

oh no, was it...... THE MANIPULATOR?!?!?!?!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=mfhBM_Yay6w

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:12:42 PM

looking forward to more Zhoutongs today. Cheesy
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 09:18:43 PM

This might be unpopular, but given the level of volatility I don't think you should be able to trade on the margin/leverage to protect traders and the longterm health of Bitcoinica.  A margin of 1:1 (no margin/leverage) makes more sense.

Or at least it should be reduced down to 2:1.

Or put a limit on how much money you can leverage. 

I also think the fees could be a lot lower.  This is true for the exchanges as well - they are making a killing (notably: MtGox).

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
BitMagic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 09:36:10 PM

This might be unpopular, but given the level of volatility I don't think you should be able to trade on the margin/leverage to protect traders and the longterm health of Bitcoinica.  A margin of 1:1 (no margin/leverage) makes more sense.

What are you, my mother?

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 09:50:49 PM

What are you, my mother?

Haha. I think we should take the 0 and 00 off roulette tables too. It's not fair.
gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 01:30:04 AM

i have not yet been zhoutonged and i hope i never will. (worst case i can be stopped out with a spike, would be bad enough)

everytime i see this thread i have to smile, "zhoutonged" is just a great word for getting knocked out with a huge loss Smiley

btw, @ zhou tong: i appreciate your work very much, don't take it to serious that we make fun of you, for usual funny-fun is a sign for sympathy Wink

..so don't forget to set your stop-losses wisely to avoid getting zhoutonged  Cool

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 01:36:17 AM

I just lost 40 bucks due to forget to click sell, guess what it does when you forget to choose an option... it buys but liquidated that resulted in a price of 1.73 btw...   Angry Wink

I never use stop losses it is wiser to not use too much margin imo.
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 04:27:15 AM

i have not yet been zhoutonged and i hope i never will. (worst case i can be stopped out with a spike, would be bad enough)

everytime i see this thread i have to smile, "zhoutonged" is just a great word for getting knocked out with a huge loss Smiley

btw, @ zhou tong: i appreciate your work very much, don't take it to serious that we make fun of you, for usual funny-fun is a sign for sympathy Wink

..so don't forget to set your stop-losses wisely to avoid getting zhoutonged  Cool

I'm completely fine with this. You guys are trying to associate my product with my personal influence, which is cool.

I laughed out when I saw my name became a verb. :-D

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: