Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:11:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Mark Karpeles Jewish? [serious]  (Read 21259 times)
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:06:14 PM

People have been posting on reddit and IRC that his last name Karpeles is a common French Jewish name. Is that true? If he were raised Jewish, you'd think he'd have better morals.

so now you assume that all Jewish people have correct morals? please stop, we are all humans, there is the good and the bad, no matter from where you come from or what are your believes or what color you are.... we are still human who have different characters and personalities and tolerance....

and claiming that every Jewish has a good morals is just insane, look at what is happening between Israel and Palestine.... not pretty moral right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:51:33 PM

Tell me: Which mafia controls the USA better: Rome or Israel? 

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:37:34 PM

Meyer Suchowljansky
BORN: July 4, 1902

Now in terms of modern Russian gangs, we see their guy Yaponchik, went straight to Berlin when he was released from prison, where he'd spent 8 or so years.  Then, a few years later he is executed by sniper.

Now, in terms of the testimony of Tony Gambino, which is fully available and known, we can understand that there was a consolidation of power, prior to WW1, wherein the middle east got provisioned, and then again WW2 where the new money got coined post-war.

And T. Gambino's testimony before God and all powers temporal and physical, is that "To be a true sicilian like-a me, you have to be 1/3rd sicilian, 1/3rd greek and 1/3rd Jewish"  ...Those are his words [see G. Zymanski interview with Tony Gambino commonly available on the web]

So, to discuss collusion and crime and pawnage of players over 100 year game, is all fully real and on the level.  and no I ain't a Mason, I just like to jerk their chain by using their terms.  Haha.  But seriously, WW3 could happen this year, could be interesting.  Just know: All corporate brands and religions, thrive after and during wars.  Interpol brand and Volkswagon brand, both survived their Nazi years very well, and emerged as global players.  To know their origins, does give one economic power I suppose?

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:44:35 PM

People have been posting on reddit and IRC that his last name Karpeles is a common French Jewish name. Is that true? If he were raised Jewish, you'd think he'd have better morals.

so now you assume that all Jewish people have correct morals? please stop, we are all humans, there is the good and the bad, no matter from where you come from or what are your believes or what color you are.... we are still human who have different characters and personalities and tolerance....

and claiming that every Jewish has a good morals is just insane, look at what is happening between Israel and Palestine.... not pretty moral right.

You are so right, we are all the same: F'd over by debt.

But also yes, OP was trolling, yet, he allows me to broach some good truths.  So, when it comes to forum threads, I always say: "Take it and make it." so, OP gives us sour milk which we can churn into truthbutter.

redwraith

Activity: 188
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:45:47 PM

I, too, share your view that the world is controlled by psychopathic "gangs", under the cover of religion, so in light of this, what is your opinion of the origin of bitcoin?  Surely, it could not have been released into the wild independent of these gangsters.  Or could it?   Part of me wants to believe that Bitcoin is an attempt to free the "plebes" from debt-ridden fiat, created and released by a genius, altruistic programmer, but the other part of me fears a darker side to it's origin.
theshazbot (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:50:42 PM

I don't think people should judge the Jewish people just because of isolated incidents like Bernie Madoff, Lehman Brothers, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Goldman–Sachs, Mark Karpeles, etc. It's merely coincidence - and there are a lot of Arabs, Indians, Chinese, WASPs, etc. that are in finance too, I think.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:54:12 PM

I, too, share your view that the world is controlled by psychopathic "gangs", under the cover of religion, so in light of this, what is your opinion of the origin of bitcoin?  Surely, it could not have been released into the wild independent of these gangsters.  Or could it?   Part of me wants to believe that Bitcoin is an attempt to free the "plebes" from debt-ridden fiat, created and released by a genius, altruistic programmer, but the other part of me fears a darker side to it's origin.

Wow, good question.  You are awesome.

My answer is this:  Satoshi and Banksy are probably the same person?  Haha, knowmsayin?

Seriously tho, both give us simple truth, and let humans play with it.  I have to love both of these men.  However, Banksy destroys "art museums", and Satoshi destroys  ... welllll, hmm.

I would also say this:  The COTUS talks of "Specie" which means coins of good worth.  As I have explained elsewheres, in my opinion, cryptocoin blockchain is as good and "non debauched" as a metal coin --BUT I would catch hell from the metals crowd for this, and I have to listen to the metals people, as the world pivots on silver and gold and blood.

Math work done, is as true as bullion --to mathematicians and geeks like me and you.  But, metals power is not populated by math lovers, knowmsayin?  So I see both tribes as having to settle their war, in terms like this:  Math v. Metal, WW4 haha get it?  But Constitutions though they hold metals most high, are more concerned with TRUENESS than of the means of the trueness.  Does that make sense?  The spirit of the COTUS, is in many ways, more correctly fulfilled by cryptocoin, yes, BTC as primary blockchain.

I am suggesting in answer to your question, that trueness of coin, is here tabled as a subject for all your smart people.  Gox/FBI fielded a false BTC coin.  So, this will take at least all of 2014 to really get a handle on.  Hey, thanks for your awesome question, friend.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:58:42 PM

I don't think people should judge the Jewish people just because of isolated incidents like Bernie Madoff, Lehman Brothers, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Goldman–Sachs, Mark Karpeles, etc. It's merely coincidence - and there are a lot of Arabs, Indians, Chinese, WASPs, etc. that are in finance too, I think.

Much truth in your words, yes.

In terms of warfare, whom shall we say waged and won the 20th Century as a whole?

In answer I might suggest that it doesn't matter, because this generation here and now, knows little of history, and values it on the same level as that.  So, history has essentially been erased.  And, I would suggest that BTC and cryptocoin blockchains, will actually create a more real sort of history.

Also, I am trying to say that crypto in truth, refers to hiding your true outside, or at least encoding it.  So, to suggest that a BTC forum might be the right place for me to do this sort of truthflow, to me seems as natural as your execllent response.  Yes, you are correct.

redwraith

Activity: 188
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:30:46 PM

Math work done, is as true as bullion --to mathematicians and geeks like me and you.  But, metals power is not populated by math lovers, knowmsayin?  So I see both tribes as having to settle their war, in terms like this:  Math v. Metal, WW4 haha get it?  But Constitutions though they hold metals most high, are more concerned with TRUENESS than of the means of the trueness.  Does that make sense?  The spirit of the COTUS, is in many ways, more correctly fulfilled by cryptocoin, yes, BTC as primary blockchain.

Ok, so what your saying, and I hadn't really thought of it this way, is that BTC could have been released by a competing faction to the fiat status quo, as an alternative means for expressing "trueness" or power/wealth, that has traditionally always been metals?  We are seeing the beginnings of that battle now and if the math side wins, we are in for a wealth transfer for the ages, it would seem. 
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:42:50 PM

Math work done, is as true as bullion --to mathematicians and geeks like me and you.  But, metals power is not populated by math lovers, knowmsayin?  So I see both tribes as having to settle their war, in terms like this:  Math v. Metal, WW4 haha get it?  But Constitutions though they hold metals most high, are more concerned with TRUENESS than of the means of the trueness.  Does that make sense?  The spirit of the COTUS, is in many ways, more correctly fulfilled by cryptocoin, yes, BTC as primary blockchain.

Ok, so what your saying, and I hadn't really thought of it this way, is that BTC could have been released by a competing faction to the fiat status quo, as an alternative means for expressing "trueness" or power/wealth, that has traditionally always been metals?  We are seeing the beginnings of that battle now and if the math side wins, we are in for a wealth transfer for the ages, it would seem. 

Well, that's kinda where the conspiracy-haters will ding you, because I don't see BTC as a setup, like it might just have been some cool magic idea like flappy bird game, which I never played, but like, the guy shut it down because it was too powerful an idea.

Yes, as you correctly suggest: All fiats are a cartel unto themselves.  And we see the Rockefeller UN cartel moves against the Orthodox Ruble cartel, etc, etc.  So the fiat battlefield, has been united by a big gun, from the "gods", aka some dude named Satoshi.  He suggests a computer-based ring of "trueness". where the nodes agree, all agree, to reject bullshit.  As you say "if the math side wins, we are in for a wealth transfer for the ages, it would seem."  ...It's more a question of which vehicle allows the gangs to steal a bigger bag: Fiat or cryptocoin?  I would say fiat pushes the blade of warfare, so it is more dangerous.  As we can assume geeks and math guys to be peaceful types (not a true assumption but maybe) then prehaps we can assume also that:

1: Geekchain moneybag will be seen as more easily taken by paid cryptothugs?  Are nerds pushovers?  It is a good question to ask in this milieu.

2: In terms of Math v. Iron/Steel/Gold/Silver it is easy to describe the mentality of both sides.  One cannot further the work of Von Braun without both mines and math.

Haha, yes my friend, please give us more of your wisdom. 

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:00:29 AM

OP I am not on reddit, never had any use for it.  Do they bait in this way a lot?  I don't use reddit, but I would view this forum as being more truthy than reddit.  They delte posts and shape their forum along the lines of some dude at the top right?  It seems as controlled to me as Twitter, which I also never have used.

I just pick a thread and weave it, most of my work is unseen, but felt.  I like threads that are baity, because like I said, you can steal them and make truthbutter.

OP, does reddit have "Service" like MTGOX did?  What does "Service" mean anyway, in terms of economies?  OP I just want my work in your bait thread to survive, so let's keep it on topic: Cryptocoin > Economies >Marketplace > Service

In terms of markets, it is the King who doth allow any Market.  So, after Magna Carta, when Parliaments (baronages and royal peers) took over Kingdoms, thn it is the lawyers, who enable all markets.  So, in terms of service, does the law cadre get a passing grade?  It is a fair question.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:44:07 AM

Last I heard, a certain Mr. Madoff was also Jewish...

No implications, just stating the facts.

Many of his biggest victims were Jewish too.
...just stating the facts.

btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:09:53 PM

Its decentralized nature necessarily means that it can not be controlled by a central authority (psychopathic gangs), which means that if it was created by a central authority, it would be their biggest mistake since the Internet!

Decentralization means there can be no central control. Therefore, if the system truly is designed to be decentralized (and its open-source nature shows us that it is), then it was not created by control freaks.

Where IS the "darker side" to its origin? I have yet to find any dark side.

LOL, good one!

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
vayvanne

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:19:32 PM

[...]
LOL, good one!
Could we add here Jon Montroll and Josh Zerlan?
bbsilk

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:41:31 PM

anyone who asks what religion of the person who just did something uncool is generally asking "are they Jewish".

I find it so typical that if you are Jewish, (member of the tribe, not whether they practice their religion) there are many people who want to attribute the poor behavior to "being Jewish".
but I rarely see people asking
Was he Irish?
Was he Palestinian?
Was he Catholic?
Was he Black?

This question is almost always a way to hide Jew hatred.

I never take this type of question seriously, and I will question "theshazbot" motives, until I have good evidence otherwise.
theshazbot (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:17:56 PM

This wired article about Mt. Gox Failure says that he spent time in Israel before going to Japan: http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/03/bitcoin-exchange/

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:32:33 PM

Was he Irish?
Was he Palestinian?
Was he Catholic?
Was he Black?

^^^ Not typically cultures obsessed with coins, tho.  Well, Palestine uses shekels or do they have their own money??

Catholic tho is not the same, they tithe and do not know the babylon talmud.  I myself am a n00b at talmud but enjoy reading it.

caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 12:17:16 PM

I posted a topic on reddit that MK will escape Japan and go to Israel.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MtGox/comments/1ziob0/mark_karpeles_will_seek_safety_in_israel/

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
theshazbot (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:06:12 PM

I posted a topic on reddit that MK will escape Japan and go to Israel.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MtGox/comments/1ziob0/mark_karpeles_will_seek_safety_in_israel/

it would not surprise me whatsoever.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:27:17 PM

search for "mark karpeles dijon" in pdf...

->http://dspace.lafayette.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10385/845/Weiner-SupplementtoanUncertainFutureII-2013.pdf?sequence=4

Judeo-Christian Friendship
Sister Odile’s Conference: The Language of Anti-Semitism
Karpeles, Mark. "Amitié judéo-chrétienne. Conférence de Sœur Odile: Le langage de l’antisémitisme." Mazal Tov 39 (2006): 23.

I have been subjected to anti-Semitism since my birth. And not only me. My parents, my family,
my friends, my cousins, people that I love, people that I don’t love, and even people in general,
people that I have never met or I have simply come across by chance. This long list and the
frequent cases of anti-Semitism have convinced me that anti-Semitism is feebleminded and to an
extent even ridiculous.
I could not possibly take Hitler seriously.
Sister Odile gave a long, detailed overview of anti-Judaism throughout the ages, with all
its different names: anti-Semitism, anti-Zionism, negationism. She underlined the different
connotations of these names from a religious and racial point of view and also as a means of
denying responsibility.
Sister Odile demonstrated extraordinary erudition, comprehensive, profound, and
extensive. Her expression consists of clear thoughts and simple language, which can inform
everyone about an unbelievable number of events, all presented in a clear way.
I personally knew about most of those events, but their juxtaposition and arrangement
presented a totally different picture of the puzzle, much more comprehensive than the one
presented by the small separate pieces.
It captured the big picture in its totality!
I have realized that the anti-Semites are fooled into believing such things, but I’m far
from thinking but I hardly thought that their foolishness and aberration could go to such an
extent: the disdain and disavowal of the Jewish origins of Jesus, who was himself a Rabbi, are
really stupefying. The treatment that Marie has to endure is no better. Poor Mayane! Poor
Myriam!
Moreover, she has to suffer a temporal distortion because some people call her “The
daughter of Palestine” even though Palestine didn’t exist until a century later; instead it existed
as a Roman province before becoming a Turkish province, under the name Division of Gaza (the
name Palestine was revived by mistake by the English in the 20th century, as part of their
imperialist acts.)
I was scandalized by the number of linguistic errors, completely ignorant of Judaism, and
a pejorative tone used to multiply the textual mistranslations of the Torah and the Gospels:
- “Misery to the Philistines!” instead of “The Miserable Philistines!”
- Introduction of the adjective “perfidious.”
- Transformation of the word “keren” (loop, beam, crown) into “horn” so that horned
Moses evokes a satanic figure.
Above all, I have learned that anti-Semitism was born the same moment as was
monotheism. This helped me find the answer to the question that I have always asked: “Why
anti-Semitism?”
If anti-Semitism came into being at the same time as monotheism, namely in the moment
when the Alliance between God and the Jews was concluded, then it is the response of the Evil
Forces to this Covenant.
Anti-Semitism is the response of Evil Forces to the Alliance between God and Man.
Indeed it has all the characteristics of evil: stupidity, absurdity, and defeat!
The Forces of Evil use anti-Semitism in their attempt to destroy the Covenant between
God and Man.

Mark Karpeles

Grin

edit: also : https://web.archive.org/web/20090313082559/http://blog.magicaltux.net/

Gaza, Israël and all those things you hear on news
January 14th, 2009
If you’re reading this blog, you probably also read news, and maybe you were there when I first talked about Gaza, Israël, and all those things you hear or read on the news.

So, you know the conflict is back, is now labelled as a war, and is going nicely since December 27th. Gaza keeps firing rockets and mortar on Israël, and Israël’s army keeps advancing in Gaza with the goal of stopping attacks.

Today, the number of casualties reached the value of 1000 death in Gaza (while it’s still written that this number is not confirmed by any external source, it still seems plausible).

Ok, so now I’ll provide answers for five questions I hear everyday, I’ll try to stay as impartial as possible, but since I have friends in Israël and I lived there for a few months, I might not be totally impartial. I’m warning you now, so you know in advance, and read this document while you know about this.

Israël is killing, and keeps killing civilians, while Gaza/Hamas killed mostly military men.
Technically, attacks against Israël is not done by an army, so attacking those people means you’ll end killing “civilians”. They are usually labelled “terrorists”, however you might want to think that the children/women killed were not all terrorists. You are probably right, but still again, when you have civilian-looking terrorists hiding in a civilian-looking place, it becomes quite tricky.
Now, the amount of casualties is pretty high, while it seems attacks against Israël didn’t fall, so I believe lots of blood have been wasted there.
Who is winning the war?
In recent wars, the one who “wins” as you could think, is the one who gets attacked. As long as Israël is getting hit from Gaza, it can say there are “bad boys” there that needs to be punished, and keep attacking. The same is also true in the other side, as long as Gaza keeps being attacked by Israël, Hamas can continue firing rockets.
The next point is making this sound better. You need quite a lot of marketting to make you looks like “the good guy” in a war. For now I’d say that Hamas looks like the “bad guy” because of previous marketting (labelled as a “terror organisation”, etc) while Israël started an all-out war, then gave some “bits” to show they are the “good guys”.
Now, everything depends on your definition of “winning a war”, however nowaday, “winning a war” meaning having most other countries recognizing you as the winner.
Why is the political pressure on Israël to stop the war having no effect?
The fact USA is not following is having a strong impact against any attempt to stop the war. Hamas also showed they don’t want to stop the war at all costs by refusing the cease fire proposed one week earlier. I’ve also read in a previous article from BBC News that Hamas was “about to win the war”, and just needed a few more days.
How could Hamas win the war?
I personally believe the only way for Hamas to win against Israël’s well-trained army is to stop firing rockets. Any other kind of threat will cause a strong international reaction, and probably the apparition of other armies (I’m looking at America right now).
If Hamas stops rocket firing, Israël’s army will have no more a valid reason for killing civilians, and will have to fall back and explain all deaths since the conflict started. Arrived at this point, rocket/mortar firing can resume for a few months before another military operation will be possible.
Of course, that would require for Hamas to be able to pass orders, and its followers to accept such order. I don’t know how they are organised, but this kind of order is usually hard to accept.
How could Israël win the war?
A war against an ideology is not something you can win easily. I’m not even sure you can win at all.
If you exterminate anyone following the ideoligy, you’ll be a “bad guy”. If you don’t, they’ll still taunt you.
Currently, Israël seems to be taking the “average” route, by attacking “all out”, then opening things like a daily truce of a few hours, etc… They are maintaining publicity for the military operations this way, and keep attacking to try to demotivate attackers. While this will have an effect on most people attacking Israël, it’ll still have the reverse effect on some of them, who will begin/continue firing rockets and running operations against Israël.
So, are you saying this war has no permanent way of ending?

If you see any viable long-term option for this conflict, speak it out. I believe if an easy solution existed, it would already be found and applied, however things are not that easy.
Let’s remember that Israël is a country initially imposed on existing countries of the area in 1947 and declared its independence on May 14, 1948.
Of course, if at some point someone else told you you will have to share your hourse with someone else, you wouldn’t be really happy. That was the case for the countries located at the place which became the first Jewish state, and they showed it. In return Israël also attacked, and won more territories than initially planned.

Since those conflicts are barely 50 years old (and not all), the place is quite unstable, and wars are easily started. Everyone has a reason for fighting, however the context has changed. How your country is seen by other countries became important for international market, and as I previously said, the winner will be chosen for its marketting effort. Even countries like Notrth Korea did some (temporary) efforts to fix the way they were seen by other countries and try to resume commercial exchange with their neighbors.

bullish?!  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: