Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076342 times)
chidex

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:07:02 PM

Please, support Einsteinium at:

mintpal
 - You can vote 5 times per hour, must be registered.
Cryptsy
 - You must be registered.

Donations are welcome • EMC2: EcXytMHJR4F3uxxH1EoTVFRGYisGUHFsh6 • Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cobra

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:12:13 PM

I have been mining away on P2P with 10Mh (http://einsteinium-us2.cloudapp.net:41876) and very happy to be scooping up coins at this low difficulty.

Maybe the following would help drive network hash rate. On the website you could include a live circle graph like you have on the OP where it shows the realtime percentage that the current Epoch is completed as well as if the wormhole event has happened yet. If people see the event has not happened yet after much of the Epoch is complete it may be a factor if they mine it or not. Of course some people may stop mining on new Epoch but it could at least add overall network growth.

I worry that the science factor will not be enough to draw in the masses over time using it for products/services as other crypto's. Focusing the available products/services around the science community as a niche could work but a lot of work on the marketing side would be needed.

Just brainstorming here but overall really like the core of this project as well as involving users in the voting process.
Timespace

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:37:19 PM

I agree. The wormhole event is a nice way to build anticipation for miners.  If there was at least a way to say "hey it hasn't happened yet," it may build the mining base.  That probably wouldn't take too much web developing.  And the price you pay for losing interest after the wormhole event is more than made up for by reaching out to new miners.

Also, I know this is posted everyday, but if you haven't supported the thunderclap, do it! It just takes a few seconds. https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9608-einsteinium-currency-science

I set up a dogecoin beg link for more thunderclap support.  So far not really getting users with much social reach.  Undecided But at least it is filling the campaign. This means, once we hit the goal, we should still be trying to get as many people as possible to get a wide social reach!

"Long live Crypto!"
www.MinerStuff.com
BTC: 1Bj34QT5PRTB1EAr6Vna6rQGQGpuv5KRVP
Timespace

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:50:17 PM

One more thing to think about.  Moolah has noticed Emc2.  This will pay off big time in the near future if Emc2 can easily be added to any merchant.  This will make it easy to approach all those science supply stores, kids science stores, etc. and say hey accept Emc2 as a form of payment.  It would be awesome to see something like shopdoge.com for emc2.   

"Long live Crypto!"
www.MinerStuff.com
Cobra

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:51:03 PM

Also, aside from voting on how that 2% is used for projects part of the kickstarter model could also be adopted here. Let the people who run the different science related projects take more of an active role where they list their goals for a project and number of emc2 required to meet that goal. People could then donate their coins directly to that project with website username listed along with number of coins donated, a list of users with option for anon. If a goal is met the people running that specific project can choose to give a small perk for top 5 donators like a t-shirt or something similar. These things would give people an incentive to help aside from it being a worthy cause.

It is possible people see a project that does not win the vote but would still like to help push that forward with coins they have mined. This may involve some website dev work but a donation fund could be started for something like this to assist with paying for dev. Something like this could go a long way with marketing and pushing the coin forward.
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:56:56 PM

Will be great if Kickstarter and other crowd funding sites accept Emc2 as official cryptocurrency for donating project. if person have Emc2, why dont donate loved project? Smiley Huge possibilities we expect Wink
ottobene

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

Will be great if Kickstarter and other crowd funding sites accept Emc2 as official cryptocurrency for donating project. if person have Emc2, why dont donate loved project? Smiley Huge possibilities we expect Wink

while I was writing this, people on top already written my thoughts Grin
praxiscat

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:17:46 PM

Also, aside from voting on how that 2% is used for projects part of the kickstarter model could also be adopted here. Let the people who run the different science related projects take more of an active role where they list their goals for a project and number of emc2 required to meet that goal. People could then donate their coins directly to that project with website username listed along with number of coins donated, a list of users with option for anon. If a goal is met the people running that specific project can choose to give a small perk for top 5 donators like a t-shirt or something similar. These things would give people an incentive to help aside from it being a worthy cause.

It is possible people see a project that does not win the vote but would still like to help push that forward with coins they have mined. This may involve some website dev work but a donation fund could be started for something like this to assist with paying for dev. Something like this could go a long way with marketing and pushing the coin forward.

Using our finalist nominees to do some crowdfunding for them on top of the foundation award is not a bad idea, the idea has been stirring around in my head. While would like to set up EMC2 wallets, it may be a good idea to set up wallets for other cryptos to reach out to other communities. We are goal driven, one is to promote the coin obviously, the other is to promote the foundation and it's mission. Plus it would help our nominees: hey this is not only a chance to get an award, but to also possibly raise some additional funds. They can do some promotion for the einsteinium, and reach a wider audience.

Also I am not sure kickstarter would be the best for this because of it's structure (funding only happens if the goal is reached), but other crowdfunding sites may work, but experiment has been open to crowdfunding with cryptocurrency, and since a couple of our nominees are experiment.com projects, it might be a good collaboration. With that being said we already reached out to them.

Einsteinium.org
koby

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:04:09 PM

I though that  the value  of Einstenium coin would be higher than this at least 1$ but it's so low.
einsteinium (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 05:12:18 PM

I though that  the value  of Einstenium coin would be higher than this at least 1$ but it's so low.

I think the value of Einsteinium is where it should be this early in the game. I too wish it was higher but I know this kind of thing takes time. As for getting to 1$, I think we can get there. Once people start using the coin to buy real world things or pay for real world admissions then the price will surely rise.

Just HODL tight for the long haul and you'll be happy you did.

MIL coin Blue Paper www.emc2.foundation/mil
einsteinium (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 05:19:13 PM

I'm not sure if I like the whole kickstarter idea either. I do however like the idea of creating our own "kickstarter" platform when people would make donations in EMC2 and be able to list science related projects. That would be a really fun project to work on so I hope we could make that happen in the near future.

Experiment.com offers us a whole lot more though. They've already done work with crypto (doge) and seem like a natural fit for us. It may take time but I assume we will be working with them sooner or later at least I hope so.

MIL coin Blue Paper www.emc2.foundation/mil
ottobene

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:37:32 PM

threw all hashpower to http://einsteinium-us2.cloudapp.net:41876 . hope i help a little
Määänsch

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:37:49 PM

I was wondering about something else. I think there is no real connection between the user and the foundation. Of course there is one in the end because the number of users makes the price of the coin but it's not very visible. Not sure the following is even possible from the programming site but why not take some small amount from every transaction like 0.1 or 0.01%? It would not only make the users feel more like contributing as well but also make the big pump and dumpers think twice about their acting.
Another thing is the 2%. Why not more than 2% of the mined coins? Like 5 or even 10%. I don't think it would really affect the miners in the end since the value of the coin would go up. It would be much more help for projects and really underline the coins attitude. And if the value is too high at some point for only one project one could split these 5 or 10% to fund more than one project at a time.

@Einsteinium
will send you pm later

ps.: almost at 100 pages in this thread  Smiley

edit: not sure the big pump and dumpers are a valid argument actually
koby

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:39:59 PM

I think the value of Einsteinium is where it should be this early in the game. I too wish it was higher but I know this kind of thing takes time. As for getting to 1$, I think we can get there. Once people start using the coin to buy real world things or pay for real world admissions then the price will surely rise.

Just HODL tight for the long haul and you'll be happy you did.

I will keep buy more of them
Timespace

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 05:59:32 PM

I was wondering about something else. I think there is no real connection between the user and the foundation. Of course there is one in the end because the number of users makes the price of the coin but it's not very visible. Not sure the following is even possible from the programming site but why not take some small amount from every transaction like 0.1 or 0.01%? It would not only make the users feel more like contributing as well but also make the big pump and dumpers think twice about their acting.
Another thing is the 2%. Why not more than 2% of the mined coins? Like 5 or even 10%. I don't think it would really affect the miners in the end since the value of the coin would go up. It would be much more help for projects and really underline the coins attitude. And if the value is too high at some point for only one project one could split these 5 or 10% to fund more than one project at a time.

@Einsteinium
will send you pm later

I haven't done the math on it, but I think having a higher percentage now would boost the price some, but in the long run it will reduce the price. Why? Because ten percent is a lot, and the incentive to increase the price will diminish if people know the charity is already getting such a large portion. Changing the donation amount just to boost the amount donated is a little fishy. I think it should stay 2%. That way it is common ground for miners. They understand donating up to a couple percent to a pool, but not 5 or ten percent. I think that mindset is sound. It will be better to make 2% of the mined coins worth more than to increase that percentage. And that 2% is only the amount that is automatically taken. People can donate more if they so choose. Maybe a pool can set this up automatically for very generous Einsteinamites!

Edit: It's actually 2.5% taken automatically. Can't forget about that .5% in marketing money!

"Long live Crypto!"
www.MinerStuff.com
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:00:45 PM

One more thing to think about.  Moolah has noticed Emc2.  This will pay off big time in the near future if Emc2 can easily be added to any merchant.  This will make it easy to approach all those science supply stores, kids science stores, etc. and say hey accept Emc2 as a form of payment.  It would be awesome to see something like shopdoge.com for emc2.   

Soooo happy right now people are starting to see just how huge this moolah deal was, thankfully Alex and company saw the potential for us. Thank you to everyone for supporting us. Keep spreading the word, on the marketing end we are working on coordinating the donation and media for maximum exposure.

I'm going to be getting as many pictures with people at comicon, my dream would be myself and Marvel comics creator, Stan Lee holding up an Einsteinium poster.

Please if anyone has the time I would like to have an "Einsteinium accepted here" image I could use for comicon. I could ask the other devs but I really would like the crypto community to come up with one. I think it would be very nice for our supporters to have a selected image on public display. No promises on Stan Lee, but I AM an acquaintance of Ivy Doomkitty and she's very open to this sort of thing. Google her if you're not familiar....I'm a fan Smiley

So show me your art skills, keep mining, finish the thunderclap and drive on. We have been here for nearly three weeks working our proverbial butts off. Einsteinium isn't going anywhere and yes we are sometimes surprised by the lower interest given the amount of scam coins that seem to garner more interest, however as time goes on and we are still here pushing science and crypto the world will pour in.
drist

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:08:50 PM

The reasonable way to rise more funds for the fundation, without rising the mining percentage, would be to set up an official EMC2 mining pool with fixed fee. If miners would like to donate more, they could mine at this pool and moreover if someone would feel more generous, he/she would be able to set laso a donation from mining in addition to the fee. I think it's the simplest way.
Cobra

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:09:09 PM

@Einsteinium
will send you pm later

I haven't done the math on it, but I think having a higher percentage now would boost the price some, but in the long run it will reduce the price. Why? Because ten percent is a lot, and the incentive to increase the price will diminish if people know the charity is already getting such a large portion. Changing the donation amount just to boost the amount donated is a little fishy. I think it should stay 2%. That way it is common ground for miners. They understand donating up to a couple percent to a pool, but not 5 or ten percent. I think that mindset is sound. It will be better to make 2% of the mined coins worth more than to increase that percentage. And that 2% is only the amount that is automatically taken. People can donate more if they so choose. Maybe a pool can set this up automatically for very generous Einsteinamites!

Edit: It's actually 2.5% taken automatically. Can't forget about that .5% in marketing money!

I agree with the existing 2.5%. Just my opinion but if it was a forced 10% I would not mine it. Why?.... I want to be able to donate emc2 to the science projects that I want or see value in without being only controlled by the voting process. 2.5% is so small that people don't think anything of it, it adds up though.  I like what praxiscat mentioned in using the "kickstarter model" for the other nominees that did not win that round of voting. It does sound like a lot of webdev work to make something like that possible though.
ottobene

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:26:16 PM

100! Finally we got
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:28:41 PM

I agree with Cobra on this. We have toyed around with the idea, in time with increased per coin value the 2.5% will in my opinion be enough to support our donation goals. I'm just praying we don't get unnatural growth as our current per coin price could easily be the next pump and dump as this currency is totally undervalued.

Money is nice but everyone be careful of feeding the sharks there will only ever be 299 mil coins and at these prices it would be a prime p&d target. Just let's use our heads when selling.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: