Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:39:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Project Apollo: Bringing ASIC Mining Back to the Home Miner!  (Read 37316 times)
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 08:25:55 PM

hello dear, I have the possibility to buy it in EU for 350 € ..

I wanted to know if there is really the possibility of earning something ... as with me the cost of the current is € 0.21 (kw / h) and therefore I have to be on very low hardware as consumption, for home, I wanted to know if it's worth it or not .. thanks to all .. hello forum ...

If you want a way to slowly collect litecoin without buying it, and don't care about burning a lightbulb 24/7 to do it, then yes right now is the best time to be mining since difficulty is almost half of what it was during it peak (and you earn almost as much litecoin as you would have pre-halving).

If you only care about fiat, and dumping crypto for fiat so you can 'ROI' then no this is not for you.

thanks for the reply, but there is also the possibility to connect to any pool and undermine any crypto with the same "algo scrypt"

Thanks in advance

Yes this can mine any scypt algorithm coin, so there are dozens of ways to mine. You can mine dozens of scrypt coins, you can mine on mutipools, you can mine on nicehash and get paid out in bitcoin, you can solo mine etc etc.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3045

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 09:44:56 PM

but there is also the possibility to connect to any pool and undermine any crypto with the same "algo scrypt"

Yes you can and as jstefanop has written its possible to any pool and you can also point your miner to nicehash if you want .
The only problem on Nicehash there is only to get a lot of shares , but you get some and any scrypt pool that you find you can mine there .
I have the apollo miner now since it was coming out and never got any problems with it .

mickeykool

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 03:07:24 PM

but there is also the possibility to connect to any pool and undermine any crypto with the same "algo scrypt"

Yes you can and as jstefanop has written its possible to any pool and you can also point your miner to nicehash if you want .
The only problem on Nicehash there is only to get a lot of shares , but you get some and any scrypt pool that you find you can mine there .
I have the apollo miner now since it was coming out and never got any problems with it .

How much u earn daily if u point your apollo to nice hash?
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2019, 03:19:49 PM

I have tried nicehash occasionally with my apollo and it just doesnt seem to work there - it sits around 20 mh/s and even after hours the earned amount is at 0

I switch it back to another pool and the hash rate goes to 140 mh/s

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
letsdancemusic

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 07:15:43 PM

I have tried nicehash occasionally with my apollo and it just doesnt seem to work there - it sits around 20 mh/s and even after hours the earned amount is at 0

I switch it back to another pool and the hash rate goes to 140 mh/s

many renters i noticed hash their contracts on pools that not fully compatible with either the bfgminer version but im sure miner itself works fine from what i hear from other apollo owners i tried renting from
letsdancemusic

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 07:22:17 PM

my main ltc pool decided to give up ltc, pity big loss as i think the admins don't understand too much off other protocols, like Asic boost which it did not have and many ant-miner s series did not hash in end they pulled btc also. these features  are hidden in the new firmware and newbies to mining and computing programming dont realize bit-main hidden features is very dangerous practice esp the fan speed i have wrote a post in legal about it as i had few l3 fried on me due to missing fan speed feature once browsers get refreshed pages.

at least this unit has that feature not hidden or missing which i like about it
topher2880

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 02:56:49 AM

Hit my second Digibyte block since joining the zerg party! Hope everyone enjoyed the balance bump  Wink

This is an old post, granted, but I have the little USB miners and can mine happily on Zerg, but I am struggling with the Apollo. Nicehash wont connect, Zerg mines for about 1 or 2 accepts then drops and never tries again, but it happily hashes away on Litecoin Pool or TBDice.

I have my Apollo settings with Pool 0 being ZergPool and "party" to join in with you guys, but it wont stay connected, and wont reconnect once it drops

Is there any other software which works well with the Apollo other than Minera? Ive used Minera in the past, but the native minera software just doesnt like Zerg and NH (for me)
Jota_US

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 09, 2020, 03:01:21 AM

WATCH OUT if you are mining on TBDICE. Do NOT use an LTC address starting with M, you won't get paid. My apollo found a block but I didn't get the reward because I was using an address starting with M. It sucks big time it's a known issue but I didn't know and nowhere on the website says M addresses are not supported. Best to avoid the pool altogether since the owner is MIA for more than a year now..
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 06:59:00 PM

WATCH OUT if you are mining on TBDICE. Do NOT use an LTC address starting with M, you won't get paid. My apollo found a block but I didn't get the reward because I was using an address starting with M. It sucks big time it's a known issue but I didn't know and nowhere on the website says M addresses are not supported. Best to avoid the pool altogether since the owner is MIA for more than a year now..

Yes the operator has disappeared for years, still seems to run but I wouldn't not use them.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 11:59:19 PM
Merited by MoparMiningLLC (1)

Full node update is finally out for more info check https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5081750.msg54272660#msg54272660 !

gatmac

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 10:59:09 AM

I just updated the core software. It seems to be running fine.

I am looking into setting up a Litecoin node. I don't have a spare USB drive (I can order one) but I do have some extra space on the SDXC card. Can I just create another partition on the card and run the Litecoin folder out of that?
VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 12:30:27 PM

I just updated the core software. It seems to be running fine.

I am looking into setting up a Litecoin node. I don't have a spare USB drive (I can order one) but I do have some extra space on the SDXC card. Can I just create another partition on the card and run the Litecoin folder out of that?

Not sure, but I think it is not possible. Full node software needs blockchain at a different drive, for performance issues. SD card can not work OK with both the SO and the blockchain.

Better to buy a good USB3 pendrive.
CuteMiner

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 11:30:17 AM

Hi guys!

Can I ask where are you mining with apollos?
I am using prohashing, but thinking about change.

Thanks for the info!
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 11:42:04 AM

Hi guys!

Can I ask where are you mining with apollos?
I am using prohashing, but thinking about change.

Thanks for the info!

Mines pointed at litecoinpool.org

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Jake-R

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 08:01:01 PM

I'm considering buying the newest Full-Node option. It says it comes with a PSU and 64 GB USB drive for the blockchain.

I have a few questions if anyone has some answers:

• Is the PSU reliable? Am I better off buying a Corsair?
  • Is 64 GB enough space for the blockchain? Is upgrading as simple as swapping it out for a larger one?
  • Can I limit the number of connections to my node via a CONF file?
  • Does the Full Node have a Wallet? If so, is it easy to use and backup? Do I still need to run my node on my PC?

Cool
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2020, 01:59:21 AM

I'm considering buying the newest Full-Node option. It says it comes with a PSU and 64 GB USB drive for the blockchain.

I have a few questions if anyone has some answers:

• Is the PSU reliable? Am I better off buying a Corsair?
    • Is 64 GB enough space for the blockchain? Is upgrading as simple as swapping it out for a larger one?
    • Can I limit the number of connections to my node via a CONF file?
    • Does the Full Node have a Wallet? If so, is it easy to use and backup? Do I still need to run my node on my PC?

Cool

i will answer what I can

• Is the PSU reliable? Am I better off buying a Corsair?  - the supplied  psu that came with mine has been going strong with no issues
    • Is 64 GB enough space for the blockchain? Is upgrading as simple as swapping it out for a larger one? - if you swap it you would need reformat/re-download the node
    • Can I limit the number of connections to my node via a CONF file? - this I am unsure on, sorry.
    • Does the Full Node have a Wallet? If so, is it easy to use and backup? Do I still need to run my node on my PC? - no it does not, it is only a node, I still run my LTC.qt wallet
    [/list]

Mine BTC @ kano.is
    Kiawpqe

Activity: 63
    Merit: 1

View Profile
    September 21, 2020, 04:59:43 PM

hola buenas
    tengo 5 moonlander2 y me gustaria tener un par de APOLLOs Grin (completo con MicroSD y fuente de alimentacion)
    bitshopper lo tiene AGOTADO Cry (esperando respuesta al correo enviado).
     me puede concretar algo por aqui ? Cool
    gracias
    Frisco415

Activity: 43

View Profile
    September 26, 2020, 05:34:35 PM

hola buenas
    tengo 5 moonlander2 y me gustaria tener un par de APOLLOs Grin (completo con MicroSD y fuente de alimentacion)
    gracias

en que pais estas
    VictorGT

Activity: 748
    Merit: 523

View Profile
    September 27, 2020, 03:07:12 PM

hola buenas
    gracias

Si al final consigues tus Apollos, intenta montar un nodo de LTC en uno de ellos (en uno basta, no te lies a montar dos nodos con ala misma IP, es poco útil).
    If you finally got your Apollos, please try to run a full LTC node on one of them (one is enough, two nodes with same IP it is a mess, and not very useful).

English please  Undecided
    pazor_true
    Legendary

Activity: 1460
    Merit: 1025

i love Emerald (EMD)

View Profile
    October 19, 2020, 10:51:00 AM

hi all,

where can i buy this amazing piece of miner in europe or germany ?

regards

BTC 12jiBjT2GSWYk2HwYdPqsQMuLqZ1br9D37 - i am Pazor
    Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
      Print  

Jump to: