Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:56:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49483 times)
iDisturbia

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 02:07:22 AM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

Hi together

One of my Apollo (batch2) has some issues atm. I let them (2 pc.) run in turbo mode for about 30 days. Now one of them keeps crashing after like a few hours. The other ones continues to run without issues. Only thhing what i could see was that memory (Ram) consumption gets higher and higher. (But i am not sure if this is the reason.) Any hint what i could do, a) to find out the reason and b) to fix it.

Any help very appreciated

Does this only happen in turbo mode? Have you tried re-imaging the SD card?

yes, so far yes. now i went into eco mode on this one, and it runs since then flawless. if you think re-imaging the SD card can help, i can try this.

Not sure if yours is ok but I’m having same problem in turbo mode only.

I have re/flashed the SD card many times and also used a few high quality cards but no luck. It basically dies after about an hour. I have couple of small fans beside it to cool things down too!

Here, I don’t care about turbo because it’s damn loud - just testing!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digibob00

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2020, 11:28:31 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2020, 11:35:20 PM by digibob00

Hi,

if can help, until now, with balanced mode i'm are around 0.04 every week.

Update 3 June: Avoid this pool. If you are lucky you receive payment, if there's one issue on pool, no one give you answer and you don't receive payments, without any response.

Compare with others and choose.

Regards

Hi,

i'm mining on more than one pool whitout any issue.

Try in this way:

url: scrypt.mine.zergpool.com:3433/#xnsub#skipcbcheck
username: yourcoinaddress
pass: c=LTC,sd=4096,m=party.Apollo <<----- change according to your preference

Disable all the other pool, enable only this one and leave it alone.

Start the miner (in my case more than once ) and it work.

Regards

Followed your instruction and worked 100%. Thank you!

But question is why not any fans there?!! I joined Apollo party and there are like 3 or 4 people only!

Is it better to mine at usual place, litecoinpool?

I’ve been mining for almost 2 months at litecoinpool but my stats compare to giant suckers are so low my eyes burn!
iDisturbia

Merit: 6

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 04:24:27 AM

Hi,

Regards

Yup, almost the same here with balanced mode. I also noticed both pools give similar result - except litecoinpool doesn’t cost.

Thanks again - take care.
surfercool82

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2020, 07:03:20 PM

Hi
the Apollo Miner is now nearly two years old and it is still the old Software.
Is there a option to test new software.

I have the first Generation/batch but with a new OrangePi 512MB. On the original the big inductor coil is burned ...

I saw the new minera and there is much more information and statistics.
Full node is not so important for me, because i have 3 running Full Nodes

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Ethereum

Thanks for information. Maybe as private Message :_)))) Please

Best regards from Munich

Dominik
stef942

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2020, 07:55:15 PM

no news about the Full Node update  Huh
surfercool82

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 09:21:34 AM

Hi,

Regards

iam running at prohashing
brings me in Eco Mode around 0,23$ in balanced 0,26$ and in Turbo ist 0,28$ every Day. because the electricity is for free, solar i have an profit 7,80$ per month 93,60$ every year.

regards
Dominik

btw. I Think Futurebit Apollo is death. No more information, software is old. The information on the Website is only new design.   Angry Angry Angry Angry
I think about to buy other Miner. with bigger Hashing Power.
estacionsj

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 02:29:44 AM

Hey, jstefanop
I see on the website that u are doing Batch 3 of the Apollo, any upgrades, and different case design ,and when will they be released ??
How is the node upgrade going
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2203

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2020, 02:44:31 AM

Hey, jstefanop
I see on the website that u are doing Batch 3 of the Apollo, any upgrades, and different case design ,and when will they be released ??

which website? futurebit.io? i cant find anything about a batch 3

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
estacionsj

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 03:35:25 AM
Merited by MoparMiningLLC (1)

Hey, jstefanop

which website? futurebit.io? i cant find anything about a batch 3

https://shop.futurebit.io/products/apollo-ltc-pod-asic-miner-for-scrypt-algorithm-cryptocurrencies-batch-2?variant=18590547181683
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2020, 04:42:49 AM

ahh you are talking about this line - yea didnt see that until you pointed it out. I thought there was like some update on the news page that I was missing.

Batch 3 units are already being manufactured and will ship as soon as they are available.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
estacionsj

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 05:52:02 AM

ahh you are talking about this line - yea didnt see that until you pointed it out. I thought there was like some update on the news page that I was missing.

Batch 3 units are already being manufactured and will ship as soon as they are available.
Did u see this also about the Node
https://shop.futurebit.io/products/apollo-full-node-upgrade-kit?variant=32275932151907
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2020, 02:18:42 PM

https://shop.futurebit.io/products/apollo-full-node-upgrade-kit?variant=32275932151907

yes, i have updated my batch 2 to a full node.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2093
Merit: 1396

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 10:06:51 PM

You guys are quick Wink lots of updates going to be posted in the next 48 hours.....its been a while but were finally got some fun stuff to release.

And yes Batch 2 is sold out, but we already started production on Batch 3 and will start shipping by end of the month. Batch 3 will come with full node functionality, and the power supply has been slightly revised with two 6 pin headers to handle the full 200 watt output power if anyone wants to push past turbo. No difference on the actual miner itself or case.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
sasman19

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 11:58:55 PM

I recently shut down my apollo pod in the dashboard console, upon attempting to restart the front led stays solid red. Fans were running no problem, connected via ethernet, no isses at all before this. Did not unplug or hard reset miner... Any ideas or suggestions?  
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2020, 12:07:25 AM

I recently shut down my apollo pod in the dashboard console, upon attempting to restart the front led stays solid red. Fans were running no problem, connected via ethernet, no isses at all before this. Did not unplug or hard reset miner... Any ideas or suggestions?  

i had similar - just reflashed the card and rebooted it just fine.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
sasman19

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 02:24:26 AM

i had similar - just reflashed the card and rebooted it just fine.

Thanks, it worked!
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 11:40:00 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2020, 06:08:15 PM by jstefanop

FutureBit Apollo Full Node Update is Here!

This took way longer than I ever imagined, but one of the most important updates for the Apollo and FutureBit in general is finally here! As you guys all know I have been slowly building up FutureBit to be the answer to the increasingly centralized shift of every vertical in the crypto ecosystem in the last few years. Everything from mining, to blockchain/node services, to wallets etc are moving to online centralized "services" in an effort to mimic the traditional banking sector and onboard new users without educating them on what makes crypto different goes against everything they are doing.

The Apollo Full Node update is the first major step in bringing all these online services back to the control of each user. At the core of each online crypto service is a Full Node running on a server with a glorified front end, whether that be a your coinbase wallet, or blockchain explorer etc. By using these services you are trusting the centralized entity for all your crypto and blockchain information you get from them, and giving up all the personal power you hold in the crypto ecosystem to them.

This update will lay the foundation needed to run almost every aspect of the blockchain on your personal desktop device. While this update "only" runs a full Litecoin node, that step alone is the most important and should have a pretty profound effect just on the Litecoin network. There are less than 2,000 nodes running Litecoin right now, if every Apollo user updates we will be the #1 node on the network, and definitely the most decentralized network, with more individual users running nodes than centralized entities.

Going forward we will slowly be able to add many of the services you rely on online centralized companies currently serve. For example small features like basic wallet functionality and solo mining on the Apollo, and in future hardware updates with our separate full node device you'll be able to run your own block explorer querying your own full node, and not trusting some online site that they are serving you the correct information.

Anyway enough of the why, here is all the good stuff you guys have patiently waited over a year for  Grin

Full Node Instructions

First a quick overview of the Apollo Full node update and why it took us so long to get here. As you know we wanted to launch the update as a pure software update, and spent nearly half a year trying to optimize the node code and system on purely a  software layer. Due to the constrained memory environment and SD card based OS we realized this would create more issues than was worth to solve, and we didn’t want to create a version of the node that would be so different from how LitecoinCore runs that it would cause issues with the community (since we are expecting a large chunk of active nodes to be Apollo nodes once our update goes live). We scrapped those plans late last year and came up with the current hardware based solution.

What we ended up with is a fair compromised that allows us to run a FULL node (some of our previous implementations were running pruned full nodes), with minimal changes in hardware. The full node implementation that will be shipping in Apollo Batch 3 units will be a smaller OS industrial SD card (8 GB of MLC flash that is better suited for write demands of our embedded system), and an external 64GB USB based flash drive that will be plugged into the USB port of the Apollo, and serve as the storage medium of the full node, as well as offload some of the system swap operations off of the SD card.

This allows us a far more stable system with minimal node code changes other than the runtime environment of the node, and system level optimizations. The cost impact is not a free software update unfortunately, but we have kept it to under 20 USD with a simple external USB flash drive. With flash prices so low we can source 64GB flash drives that will store the full node at sufficient write speeds for this to be successful.

We have two simple options for most Apollo customers to participate from novice users to experienced.

1) The simplest is to purchase our upgrade kit we have made available that serves both Batch 1 and Batch 2 customers and are providing at cost. It includes everything you need and is a matter of swapping out an SD card and plugging in a USB drive if you dont want to deal with doing all the prep work yourself. Unfortunately for Batch 1 users we were not forward thinking enough to realize the MCU would have needed way more RAM than is provided for Batch 1 units, so it will require an MCU swap to run the full node. The link for these kits are here:

https://shop.futurebit.io/products/apollo-full-node-upgrade-kit

2) The other option for Batch 2 customers is to simply update your existing micro SD card use a USB drive you have lying around. The update image/instructions has been posted in the first post. For a USB drive you can use anything from a good USB 2 magnetic based drive, a good quality USB thumb drive, or even an external SSD. Basic requirements are > 64GB of space, and 4k random write speed that exceeds 2 MB/s. You can test your drive by downloading the following software

Windows: https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskmark/
Mac: http://www.katsurashareware.com/pgs/adm.html

The recommended USB flash drives we have tested are below and all can be found for less than 20 USD:

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/usb-flash-drives/usb-3-1-flash-drive-fit-plus-64gb-muf-64ab-am/
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/usb-flash-drives/usb-3-1-flash-drive-bar-plus-64gb-titan-gray-muf-64be4-am/
https://www.lexar.com/portfolio_page/jumpdrive-m45-usb-3-1-flash-drive/

Keep in mind that real external USB SSD/Disk drives will be more reliable and be prone to less corruption/reboots while running a full node, but that above is a good balance vs cost to getting running quickly if you dont have a spare external drive. Cheap USB flash drives will probably not work at all and choke up the system, but we have had limited success with some if you want to try them out.

The drive either needs to be formatted in windows FAT, or Linux EXT4 format. The drive will need to be pre-loaded with a recent copy of a Litecoin Full Node chainstate and blocks folder placed in a folder named “Litecoin” in the root directory of the USB drive.

If you are already running LitecoinCore wallet version 16+ you can simply just copy your whole data directory into the Litecoin folder on the USB drive. This needs to be done since it will be very inefficient to download and validate the whole blockchain on an Apollo (it could take weeks from Block 0). While it is possible, if you dont want to wait for a full sync I am providing a weekly updated snapshot of Litecoin blockchain data thats inside the same MEGA download link for the update image. This is way faster as the time it takes to download ~20GB of data is orders of magnitude quicker than downloading and validating the whole chainstate on an Apollo due to its limited compute resources. Of course the downside is that you trust me to be providing a valid blockchain (which anyone can verify if they wanted too).

Once you have imaged your SD card with the Full Node update, and setup your USB drive just follow these steps to get started:

1)Boot the unit without the USB drive first. You obviously need to set up your Apollo again, and if you boot with the USB drive plugged in it will cause the UI to become unresponsive at times while the Full Node is loading, so you want to set it up first.

2)After you have setup the mining side of your Apollo, plug in your USB drive and reboot the system from the navigation menu. If you setup your drive correctly the Node will start up in the background after the Apollo reboots. Loading can take up to half an hour initially, but once it loads you will be presented with the new Node Dashboard with all the stats of you running node.

3) The node should automatically configure your router to open port 9333 via UPnP, and you should see more than 8 connections in your dashboard. If it stays on 8, this means you need to manually open the port to your Apollos IP address in your router port forwarding rules. If you dont do this your node won't be counted as a public node.

Always shutdown your Apollo through the Dashboard shutdown menu when running a Full Node, and wait for the front LED to turn off/Red before turning off power

Never Remove the USB drive while the Apollo is running, even if you have shutdown the node. The system offloads critical swap operation to the USB drive instead of using the onboard SD card, and you will crash your Apollo

Thats it! You are now running the worlds only Full Node that Mines at the same time! Hopefully in the coming days/weeks well see a huge spike in Litecoin Full nodes, and a large % being run by all you guys  Cool

Thanks to all the beta testers and every customer that has supported us....you guys rock and cant wait to release all the new stuff we are working on!

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 11:51:57 PM

Sorry for the wall of text  Grin

Condensed version here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5081750.msg48523684#msg48523684

Fenboy

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 06:58:19 AM

For Batch 1 units, can the MCU be sourced locally (UK) or is it specific to the Apollo?
stef942

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 09:55:35 AM

is it possible to buy only the MCU upgrade without sdcard and usb key?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: