Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:22:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIRATE CHAIN](ARRR) A zk-SNARKS only blockchain, secured by dPoW  (Read 50188 times)
SHossainKMD

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:21:03 PM

This coin is PoW and mining only. No premine. You can mine with easy diff now until more miners join and pools start up. That is the early bird reward Smiley
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:27:25 AM

This coin has some potential, but I'd prefer a relaunch where it was a 'real' coin from the start, not a test tube experiment that went on to be traded and used.

If a reboot happened could you emulate verus with time locked coins at the start, and 50:50 PoW and PoS? That would be a pretty amazing combination with z only transactions. The launch here could easily be attacked as a dash 2.0 stealth mine by thedev team, I know it's  more a test that went live, but crypto fud campaign seems inevitable.

Just a suggestion ...
kutangterbang

Activity: 518
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:40:59 AM

I think this is very safe, where are you working with the Komodo platform, are the Komodo community also involved in the construction of this project?
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 11:52:34 AM

NOTE: This is so far a TEST ONLY blockchain. Don't treat it or trade it for any actual worth cryptocurrency.

If only a test blockchain, why announced it on BitcoinTalk forum?
Because some community members are already mining this blockchain, and it would have been unfair to not let the other users/miners/developers not know of this amazing thing we are playing with. Anyone is welcome to join this blockchain network and explorer what you can do with it.

HAVE FUN!

- Satinder

This is really confusing, you say don't trade PIRATE for any real value but everyone following knows you're in komodo slack buying like a drunken sailor, which is it, test coin with no value OR stealth dev accumulation of cutting edge new privacy coin?

Smells like Dash IMO

That is embarrassing to the extent where the vomit cant be held within a stomach due to the accumulation of gas coming from the action of burning the food via hydrochloric acid. Can we stop posting things with the hidden intent but be more open and talkative as is suggested in the memorandum of Japanese commission summoned summer 1941 to conduct debates over USA interference in global war.

Xj385

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:42:20 PM

Aye mateys,
Stop ye bitching and start ye own damn coin.

I hear with komodo ye can do this with one line of code.

In fact ye wrote more bitchy reply length then that to start ye own chain. Silly landlubbers

milomeo

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:30:36 PM

Hi, Team!
I think your idea is really interesting and nice, I like your idea. I want to ask what distinguishes your plan from another project? And can you name any country that works with your idea?
Kangheri

Activity: 114

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:03:47 PM

The project is really interesting. It looks promising. What is impressive is that this project is designed for a large target audience (and will be in demand), which can not be said about many other crypto-currency projects.
Big Naturals

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:27:30 PM

Aye mateys,
Stop ye bitching and start ye own damn coin.

I hear with komodo ye can do this with one line of code.

In fact ye wrote more bitchy reply length then that to start ye own chain. Silly landlubbers

Agreed, anyone not happy with the launch can support another coin with same anon properties, and hopefully a slower emission schedule with a pre announced launch time to vaporize all complaints. If someone did that I think they would get a lot of support,
Xj385

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:32:27 PM

Agreed, anyone not happy with the launch can support another coin with same anon properties, and hopefully a slower emission schedule with a pre announced launch time to vaporize all complaints. If someone did that I think they would get a lot of support,

^^^^ This, compulsory z-tx makes zk snark tech fully anon as it should be, but ffs launch it properly, not this pirate ninja circle jerk, build a community with a fair launch, don't say one thing (this is a test only) and do another (buy buy buy), why fuck this opportunity up??

Plol, what is fair launch? Only on bitcointalk is it ever not "fair" enough.

Was 2009 Bitcoin launch unfair to 2012 Bitcoin users? Or was it unfair to 2018 Bitcoin users. Fair to ye is not fair to the next guy.

The dev who started buying did so because it was cheaper than mining.

1 line of code will start ye own chain. Or go back to boo hooo, waaaaa, it's not fair.

We are pirates, not the "fair" armada. Now go mop up that bilge water.

Plol means pirate laugh matey.
Xj385

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:36:32 PM

Obviously ye are reading the discord channel. Then ye should also have noticed that this chain IS still being tested. And there Arrrr other pirates buying as well, however this chain is so new , only few days old, that ye are literally still an early adopter.

Ye are literally bitching about not being an early adopter, yet the chain is still in a state of early adapotion including coding details. They haven't even figured out a GUI yet. Is that why ye are mad?

Ye have the same opportunities as anyone, and still do for probably a few months.

The real problem is ye are a crypto snowflake and have no idea of the definition of words including "fair".

webworker01

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 08:58:07 PM

Pool is live, jump on in! https://pirate.komodostats.com
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:08:02 PM

I suggested that a reasonable amount of PIRATE be made available to the community at mining costs. Something like 5000 PIRATE lots, with some limit like 50 people.

that is 250,000 PIRATE and over 10% the current supply. The community is now knowing about this unexpectedly popular PIRATE and the early birds are willing to set aside a big percentage of their PIRATE for the community.

Mining cost is being calculated now, distribution will have to wait until the weekend. I believe most of the initial sales were at 0.001 KMD per PIRATE, so that is 5KMD per 5000 PIRATE.

first 50 to reserve their spot will get their 5000 PIRATE, no newbie accounts

grewalsatinder (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:27:56 PM

I have edited the OP post and removed Test.

Please figure out as a community what you guys want.

I do not and can not control this assetchain, as I'm neither a miner nor a developer for this assetchain.

Wants to fresh start, do it. wants to make a new assetchain do it.

Don't blame me of what I did not do.

Big Naturals

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:55:00 PM

I suggested that a reasonable amount of PIRATE be made available to the community at mining costs. Something like 5000 PIRATE lots, with some limit like 50 people.

that is 250,000 PIRATE and over 10% the current supply. The community is now knowing about this unexpectedly popular PIRATE and the early birds are willing to set aside a big percentage of their PIRATE for the community.

Mining cost is being calculated now, distribution will have to wait until the weekend. I believe most of the initial sales were at 0.001 KMD per PIRATE, so that is 5KMD per 5000 PIRATE.

Why not leave PIRATE as is and start a new asset chain with same z only transactions but some initial stake for Supernet, and a slower mining schedule. This tech is amazing - complete anon with dPoW giving bitcoin level security - but it needs people to trust the team behind it in order to invest their money. A supernet version would get instant credibility, and that leaves PIRATE to do it own thing.
Big Naturals

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:13:09 PM

I do not and can not control this assetchain, as I'm neither a miner nor a developer for this assetchain.

I know you worked hard on komodo for many years, you have a reputation as a hard working contributor who has done a lot to make komodo successful. Getting negative feedback can hurt, but it's honestly given, everyone here dreams of stacking a bag of a future top coin @ fractions of a penny, and then cashing in 50% and making 250k USD, there's nothing wrong with that BUT, in this case with pirate you should not have been telling others not to buy while you were obviously buying big yourself. You probably didn't want to be held responsible in case pirate failed, but in crypto where there are so many scammers everywhere it was a bad look, and can easily be misinterpreted forever, like Dash launch.

grewalsatinder (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:33:33 PM

I know you worked hard on komodo for many years, you have a reputation as a hard working contributor who has done a lot to make komodo successful. Getting negative feedback can hurt, but it's honestly given, everyone here dreams of stacking a bag of a future top coin @ fractions of a penny, and then cashing in 50% and making 250k USD, there's nothing wrong with that BUT, in this case with pirate you should not have been telling others not to buy while you were obviously buying big yourself. You probably didn't want to be held responsible in case pirate failed, but in crypto where there are so many scammers everywhere it was a bad look, and can easily be misinterpreted forever, like Dash launch.

Thanks for some nice words.

You do realise the proposal James mentioned, all those PIRATES will solely coming from my pocket which I bought for KMD price of range from 0.001 KMD to 0.00180.

I still agree with u all that discard this chain and start fresh if u want. But that’s not my decision. I can not do anything else to help u guys other than expressing my thoughts on the situation and giving the amount what James is proposing.

I don’t care if my KMD bought PIRATE goes poof!

Just don’t blame me of what it did not do.

Since I was traveling and spending some family time I could not edit the posts on time. Done that today.

Big Naturals

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:45:30 PM

Thanks for some nice words.

You do realise the proposal James mentioned, all those PIRATES will solely coming from my pocket which I bought for KMD price of range from 0.001 KMD to 0.00180.

I still agree with u all that discard this chain and start fresh if u want. But that’s not my decision. I can not do anything else to help u guys other than expressing my thoughts on the situation and giving the amount what James is proposing.

I don’t care if my KMD bought PIRATE goes poof!

Just don’t blame me of what it did not do.

Since I was traveling and spending some family time I could not edit the posts on time. Done that today.

Z-only komodo asset chains could easily become the next big thing in crypto,

- the anon tech is best available
- dPoW gives bitcoin level security
- asset chains are easily scaled and independent

So all the big issues are solved, the Komodo ecosystem is growing stronger every day so we can be confident that asset chains launched on kmd platform can last for many decades. There will probably be many tokens launched similar to PIRATE with slight tweaks to things like coin emission and marketing, so PIRATE could stay the way it is, and let the market and community decide what happens with adoption of each z-only token that gets launched. Innovation is well served by creative imitation!

Scrotum

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:18:39 AM

Can I reserve an allocation please?

@jl777 would you consider launching a supernet or komodo version with a claim period, e.g. 30 days for eligible asset holders to add their z address, then allocate 1:1 with a new AC with these anon features.

A token needs an active community using it regularly to give it value, and an opt-in airdrop generates an instant community, plus it adds value to whatever asset you airdrop onto so nobody gets pissed off about ninja mining etc

I remember the good ole days of nxtventures Smiley
Graham Ade

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:42:45 AM

Airdrop onto komodo would be awsome .... "Dark Komodo"  Grin
Big Naturals

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:14:06 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 01:24:20 AM by Big Naturals

Seriously, why distribute this zk snark only coin by mining, why not airdrop onto far more people who already here and supporting komodo/supernet, is there a reason why this coin needs to be mined?

Good point, afaik the tech for z-only assetchain is basically complete so an airdrop would create a mature coin with nothing to do other than spread adoption asap

I can't think of any reason this tech needs mining for distribution, security comes from dPoW
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: