Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:30:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Bitcoin Fog: Secure Bitcoin Anonymization  (Read 301333 times)
paulgoodman

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:00:57 PM

i have all my btc on my wallet:) uff

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jabbz

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:55:02 PM

Same boat for me now - deposited coins showed up about ~40hrs after initial transaction.  Initiated a withdrawal and hope to see them on the other side!

Glad this -appears- to be just a delay and nothing malicious, but they could have saved face and a lot of customer pain and hurting with some simple communication, either via support tickets or this thread.
LostNewbee

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:41:38 PM

Worked out, but almost 2 days to deposit.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:27:37 AM

Just think of all the extra randomness and de-linking you get from having coinz in limbo for so long ....  Cheesy

Bitcoi2n2n

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:12:34 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 03:33:56 AM by Bitcoi2n2n

I'm new to Bitcoinfog.
So basically it is a very legit and trustworthy service? Can you recommend it?

I also have two questions:

1. in withdraw menu there is this text: "Do not send money directly from the Fog to shared addresses."
What exactly does this mean? What are "shared adresses"?

2. For the system to work properly do I have to keep my BTC on Bitcoin Fog for a while? Do they get mixed while I store them there? Or do they get mixed while withdrawing them?
Richard Cheese

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:04:44 AM

Well I finally got mine, took about 48 hours though. I'd say the service is legit but I think people should assume their coins will be tied up for up to 72 hours and plan accordingly.
TheRiddler

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:44:51 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 07:25:45 PM by TheRiddler

Started new Deposit for an hour...
It took 7 Confirmations and the Funds were added...
(Very fast this time...)

I´m starting now a withdraw ....

//ok, this is weird.

Already get my BTC oO
This transaction was REALLY FAST Cheesy

This is how a service must be. Cheesy
Bitcoi2n2n

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:49:27 PM

Are there any objective advantages to blockchains Shared Coin feature?
Akemashite Omedetou (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:44:36 PM

And once again big number of deposits have caused delays in our service.
We have no excuse really, instead still working on improving it and making sure our security layer does not cause these delays in the future, that it can handle larger and larger number of users.
Currently everything is running on schedule.

As for
Are there any objective advantages to blockchains Shared Coin feature?
We would personally never use them as the only step in the washing. Blockchain is a public company and is required by law to comply with anti- money laundering laws, as well as revealing user information and logs, should the law require that.

Bitcoin Fog: Secure Bitcoin Anonymization

---
Creedy: Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
paulgoodman

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:14:23 PM

Next time please write here faster:)
zapiekana

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:08:44 AM

It looks like the problem hasn't been really solved... Sad
My 2 payments don't show up again and it's been over 12 hours and almost 100 confirmations.
Anyone else having the same issue?
Akemashite Omedetou (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 01:30:46 PM

We have given the system a thorough check up and it seems that the issues are resolved once again. Running smooth for the last two days. All new transactions should have been running completely on time.
We are STILL responding to many support messges from the last week, as we haven't been able to process them all yet.
If you are one of those who still have their money delayed from those earlier support message, this is very unfortunate and we are working on resolving it, but you can at least know that we shall return everything in the end. Despite all the delays, our service has never lost any users' funds and we intend to keep it that way.

---
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
davewalberg

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:46:02 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 09:35:30 AM by davewalberg

Bitcoin Fog Scammed me.

I am not posting here hastily, this issue is a week old and I have given Bitcoin Fog every opportunity to fix any technical issues they might have.  Their support is (too horrible to be true) so in my opinion it is a deliberate scam.

Do not use Bitcoin Fog unless you want to loose your money.

I signed up and deposited money.

I checked periodically for the first few hours.

At the two hour mark I did what the deposit page says to do and I messaged support letting them know my balance was still zero (not updated).

Just short of four hours after I signed up and made a deposit their website would no longer let me log on to my account.  

I am using the same password I used to log in immediately after signup and used again several times over the first four hours.  My deposit transaction rather quickly went past 6 confirmations.  There wallet was full of my coins almost immediately.  They never updated my account balance from anything but zero for at least four hours (after that my log in "magically" stopped working).  So after that my credentials (the same credentials I have always used) will not let me log into the account.  I have no way to make a withdraw and I am certain this is an intentional design.  Stay away from Bitcoin Fog.  It is a scam.

Bitcoin Fog support refuses to do anything at all.  They wrote "You have either been hacked or have lost your password if what you write is even true."

This was about a week ago; I have submitted support messages, eventually they erased my support history but not before I have screen shots of their responses.

Bitcoin Fog will steal your money.  They are thieves because thier computer system lets you log in long enough to make a deposit but they delay the balance being updated so you can't schedule a timely withdraw.  And then your log in "magically" stops working, so you will never be able to schedule a withdraw.  Registering a new account and messaging support will only result in them denying any problems with their system and refusing to do anything because you are submitting messages from a different account than you sent them money on.

There is ZERO possibility I am not using the same log in credentials I have always used.

They claim that they can not return the deposit to the original wallet because that would be violating animity and security concerns.  That is a verifiable lie, that is the weakest part in their scam because as I tell my story, some readers might think to themselves that maybe I did loose my password like Bitcoin Fog claims.  But when they claim they can not return the currency to the wallet that sent it to them because of animity and security concerns that is ridiculous and I challenge anyone to name a single animity or security concern.  For Bitcoin Fog to claim they "can not return money to the sending wallet" under these circumstances is so weak that in my opinion it is a confirmation that the entire thing is a deliberate scam.

BE WARNED: You may never see your currency back after you make a deposit to Bitcoin Fog.

(EDIT: Please note)  Since their system would not let me log in after the first four hours I had to register again with a different account to even contact support.  They accused me of not having my password correct and additionally they claimed that they had no way accept credentials from me.  They ignored the fact that sending the currency back to the wallet it came from would return it to the rightful owner and their intentions on keeping the money are clear.  Additionally they ignored all my support requests for six days and then even erased my support message history.  I have screen shots for anyone interested.

It is very clear to me that I have been scammed because I know my log in credentials that I registered with.  I know they worked for nearly four hours.  I know that stopped working.  All I can say to readers is that you know my story.  Give Bitcoin Fog your money if you want to; they will be happy to keep it.
machinima

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:54:11 PM

Helly everyone. new to the forum, but I came here through the link @ bitcoinfog.

I have a problem with fog as well, last night I deposited some btc in my account, but I still had some btc left on my fog account. Today I see that the new deposit sits nicely in my fog account, but my remaining btc dissappeared.

Fogpeople help me get my btc back please. You only save your logs for a week I read and I would like some assistance quickly. I already sent a message through the fog support, but no answer so far.
davewalberg

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:26:13 PM

Bitcoin Fog will keep your money, they are thieves.
They have gotten away with it so much they are arrogant about it.
Send them money and you may never see it again.

but my remaining btc dissappeared.

You are being scammed.  Their system does "magical" things so they can keep your money.  Like in my post above.

You only save your logs for a week

Support will get back to you and claim it is your fault somehow and that their system has no such flaws they will respond with "did you ...?" then flat out "you did ..." then "our system is 100%" then "if what you claim is true ..."  I have screenshots of how they did this technique to me too.

And all that will take place until they can claim, sorry we can't do anything even if what you say it true we do not keep logs this long.

Do they really believe we are so stupid we can not see through these childish scams?
davewalberg

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:45:02 AM

Bitcoin Fog's representative, Akemashite Omedetou, periodically stops in to ensure everyone how their customers' issues will be resolved. His statements appear to be nothing more than blatant attempts to fool all of us into maintaining trust with Bitcoin fog.

Bitcoin Fog is a hoax, plain and simple. THEY WILL ROB YOU BLIND!

My experience has been the same and I agree.  Bitcoin Fog is a den of thieves which claims to have technical and logistical difficulty until the people who's money they have stolen just get worn down and go away.

I know there are people who have received their money back from them, but I know there are people (like me) who were scammed (elaborate intentional scams, because computers don't just error in the favor of the computer system's owner keeping money without an intentional design to it).  To justify keeping my money, support messages did several things 1) call me a liar ("if you are even telling the truth"), 2) deny their system has any flaws ("everything there works 100% etc...") and 3) blatantly lie ("Our primarty concerns are anonymity, security and integrity, and every one of our users must know this, and that is the reason for this policy") in regards to returning a deposit to the wallet it came from.  They even misspelled primary as primarty, to me that indicated they were hasty and just wanted to clear the support message without addressing it.  The fact (and it is a "FACT") returning money to a wallet it came from posses no conflicts concerning anonymity or security and the only reason not to do so is a lack of integrity on the person keeping money that does not belong to them.  They are blatantly showcasing a lack of integrity on their part and claiming that one of the three reasons they are doing it is because they have integrity.  I know for a fact they disabled my log in (either an intentional manner or an honest system glitch).  I know for a fact they denied the problem is on their end and call me a liar for reporting it.  I know for a fact their is zero reason why (regardless of any scenario or reason I can not log in to their system) that they can not return the bitcoins to the wallet they came from.

Additionally they are arrogant about the money that they steal ("Thinking that we would scam somebody over the amount in the address you have provided is just ridiculous.").  They do not seem to comprehend the concept of right and wrong when it comes to keeping money that does not belong to them.

Additionally they run other scam techniques as well, if you read the post from machinima and others.  Wiping your account balance to zero at times.  Especially after you make a deposit and your balance is suppose to "change" by increasing which is an optimal time for you to miss what they have done and not catch the scam.

I'm saving screenshots from the forum because I know at some point this information will "disappear".  Just like the "magical errors" their computer system has.

In my opinion, the people thinking of using Bitcoin Fog deserve to be able to read honest reviews from people who have been scammed by the thieves running Bitcoin Fog.

gorgoyle

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:48:58 AM

Bitcoin Fog is a hoax, plain and simple. THEY WILL ROB YOU BLIND!

Unfortunately I am another victim.  I was foolish enough to give away my money to Bitcoin Fog.  I tried for weeks which turned into months to get them to do the right thing and get my money to me.  They simply were more interested in keeping it than getting it back to me.  Support was almost not there.  Several times I would log in to see my support message history was simply erased and not response.  When support would answer they were rude and arrogant like the post above mentions.

The post above where the Bitcoin Fog rep states that the important thing is that all the money is on it's way back to people.  What a whopper of a a flat out lie that is.  I was never able to get my money back.  Sorry I didn't post sooner but I really did not know where to post to warn people until I found this place.
davewalberg

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:31:31 AM

The post above where the Bitcoin Fog rep states that the important thing is that all the money is on it's way back to people.

If you are refering to:

but you can at least know that we shall return everything in the end.

Yes, it's a lie.  Like Prepschoolhippie says, Akemashite Omedetou is simply here to fool us into trusting Bitcoing Fog.

The reason I say this is that support has messaged me back stating their intentions to keep my money by participating or perpetuating the scam that was played on me (the short of it: their computer system disabled my log in so I could not schedule a withdraw).  In any case I'm saying they informed me that they are keeping my money outright and refusing to send it back to the wallet it came from.  This statement that is quoted above makes it seem like they are so concerned with returning money that does not belong to them but it is not true at all.  As I said they have informed me that they are indeed stealing my money.
Yolander

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:56:14 PM

Yes, bitcoin fog is a scam service.

We have given the system a thorough check up and it seems that the issues are resolved once again.

Wow, what a bunch of big fat lies.  Just look at how they say it and it gives it away.  "once again."  They willl keep your money again and again and again.

If you are one of those who still have their money delayed from those earlier support message, this is very unfortunate and we are working on resolving it, but you can at least know that we shall return everything in the end. Despite all the delays, our service has never lost any users' funds and we intend to keep it that way.

They may have not lost any users' funds as he puts it.  They just keep them for themselves.

Don't become a victim like I have.

Akemashite Omedetou (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 11:45:43 PM

Wow, what a bunch of big fat lies.  Just look at how they say it and it gives it away.  "once again."  They willl keep your money again and again and again.
You are clearly missing the fast that during the years of operation we have managed to keep everybody's money and keep the service alive. We have had numerous issues with delays due to our system prioritizing security and locking down sometimes too often, but we have never once "keep somebody's money" or stolen it from them.

The reason I say this is that support has messaged me back stating their intentions to keep my money by participating or perpetuating the scam that was played on me (the short of it: their computer system disabled my log in so I could not schedule a withdraw).  In any case I'm saying they informed me that they are keeping my money outright and refusing to send it back to the wallet it came from.  This statement that is quoted above makes it seem like they are so concerned with returning money that does not belong to them but it is not true at all.  As I said they have informed me that they are indeed stealing my money.

This is simply not true. We know our password system works because it works for thousands of users with no issues. If you have misplased your password that's unfortunately your own fault, we clearly state that as an anonymous service we don't have any proper ways of retrieving it. After the years of dedication to think that we would risk it all to get the small amount you are claiming we have taken from you, is preposterous.

Our main concern is the privacy and anonymity. You have already spammed our support page with your messages claiming we steal somebody's money. Now you are trying to do the same on the forum. Our users trust us because they know we will not reveal their information to ANY interested parties and that their history will not be revealed. To ensure that continues to be the case we need to make statement here that no amount of forum posts or spam messages will make us go against our policies. No authority or other party should get the idea that we can be extorted by posting some hateful forum posts to reveal any information about our clients.

---
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: