Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:00:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Bitcoin Fog: Secure Bitcoin Anonymization  (Read 301329 times)
globe-biz

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:47:15 PM

I found this post after the bitcoin fog system went down and all these people yelling scam had me very worried..especially since I moved enough money into bitcoin fog -12 hours before it went down- to buy a nice new Honda Civic for cash. I was so worried and started drinking. But by sunday morning they had everything fixed and all my money arrived to my wallet.People like to complain but usually people dont come and say good job when all is well.
I want to say thank you for being honest-my family says thank you also!!

ps- sometimes I wonder if all these bad comments are from the competition?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lostusername

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:28:54 PM

Hi Bitcoin Fog folks,

I have been trying to contact you via the in-site support system for a few weeks, but have unfortunately gotten no response.

A few weeks ago, I created an account on your site using a random username and password.  I was very meticulous in writing down the password but, being an inattentive idiot, didn't write down the username.

I have seen some of your posts in here declining to help recover passwords due to privacy concerns. This is reasonable, but I have all of the means to prove that my account is actually my account.  I don't even want the password--just the username that I got through a generator online!  Besides that, if I were a malicious person trying to do damage based on information associated with the account, I would be unable to due to the fact that no withdraws have been made, so there's no information associated with it that isn't either public on the blockchain or known by me (as I'm willing to prove to you).

How I can prove that it is my account:
  • I know the password! If I just have the username, I can log in. If it turns out that this is false, there will be no harm done in giving me the username because I'll just be unable to log in.
  • I know all the bitcoin deposit addresses associated with the account, including the one that has never been used.  There's no way I could know the unused deposit address unless I were actually the account owner that generated it.
  • I am still in control of the only address that made deposits into the account. It has been my primary address for months.  I can prove this by sending a small amount of bitcoins to an address of your choosing from it, if you'd like.  Combined with all of the other evidence that I'm the owner of the account, I think that this is pretty convincing
  • Finally, I think I might remember one of the words that made up the username. I could be wrong though, so this is definitely the least convincing of my proof.

I really hope that you will be willing to consider everything that I've said. I think that the evidence of me being the account owner is pretty convincing, and I think there's very little harm that could be done by telling me the account username associated with the addresses I provide, given this information.  If you'd be willing, let me know of a good way to send you the specifics more privately and I will be happy to do so.

Thanks.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 02:20:17 AM

The .onion website seems to be down, just thought I'd give you guys a heads up about that. Smiley
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 05:20:47 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 09:16:54 PM by guitarplinker

I tested the service out today and it seems to work fairly well. I'll check the taint analysis later, but so far I've received around 89% of my original deposit to Bitcoin Fog on my withdraw address, hopefully the rest will show up later.

EDIT: Now I have 100% of my deposit in my new wallet, this service seems fairly safe to me. I am using an extremely long, randomly generated username and password though, which I'm sure helps account security.

Also, just an idea if accounts are hijacked: if there has been only one deposit to the account, you could ask the person to sign a message from the depositing address, to verify that they indeed sent the funds and that they no longer have access to their account. Not sure how that would all work out though.
stonedblues_2

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:42:56 PM

I've been trying to get suport for over a week, with no help yet. I've used the site for long time with no problems but recently sent some coins in to fog and they have reached the designated addresses but they are not showing up in my account. I've left it over 15 mins many times to see if the system will refresh my balance and still nothing.

Just fustrating not being able to have access to my coins in no way do I think I'm being scamed fog has proven itself more than once over the years and I love what they do and the service they provide I still recomend their site but would be nice if the suport was checked more regularly.

I hope it gets sorted soon...........cause untill it is I'm having to use the blender as I can't risk sending more coins into fog.

e2a: made a bitcointalk account just for this.
stonedblues_2

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:43:20 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 10:26:44 AM by stonedblues_2

Update:
fog suport got in contact with me, so far it seems the coins were stolen from my account. within 30 mins of the sent in transacttion the coins were sent to two addresses one of which is http://blockchain.info/address/1GQtDADH1ae1kb6wUHbPzY84yB7tiYjiGg which has received over 10btc both of my transaction had part of their coins sent to this address.

I never set up a withdrawal they can see in my withdrawal history, but someone or something sent the coins awayfirst times within 30 mins of the original sending second time 15 mins from sending. Real shame been rating this site for years, suport hasn't been too helpful and it's taken over a week to get a response so as of now I'm not using fog. I haven't tired the competition yet but I'm going to. I've only lost 0.22 btc but it's the pricipal plus money is money when you loose it it hurts.

It's made me angry. Obviosly I could be a duche and be lying to everyone here but really over 0.22btc?
stonedblues_2

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:46:18 AM

OK something strange just happened I sent a message to support with some btc addresses and links to blockchain.info and the addresses were change in the sending procces! I don't know how that can happen but they were all changed to some other btc address.

More and more it seems like fog could be under attack.
23thcentury

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:54:55 AM

@ Akemashite Omedetou, Thanks for your statement in your last post.

But my problem seems like an other problem and I haven’t got any support from you. I opened an account in bitcoinfog, created some deposit addresses and sent coins to this addresses. If I check the addresses in blockchain I can see the transfer was ok. But no coins in my account. I wrote a lot of messages through the support option in your site and here. Unfortuntely I haven’t got any answers from you / the support. I wrote each message from the account which has the problem. Not from an other / new account. Because I know my username and password.

So now I see they are different bitcoinfog onion addresses. One which I used for my registration is fogcore3wsylsiel.onion and the other on is fogcore5n3ov3tui.onion . Both sites looks like the same site. Same links etc. Only the onion address is different. Both sites were also down in the short break few weeks ago. I can login in both sites (with the same username and password) and see my messages to you in the support option. Both sites have also the same ammount of deposit address. But the addresses are different. And in both sites I haven’t received my coins.

That is my problem. My coins are gone. What should I do to get support from you? I hope you will help me …
Ireportscams

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:38:37 PM

SCAM SCAM SCAM!

I' m 100% sure they are scamming!

My first 2 transactions where without any problems. Then I trusted them and whent for bigger amounts. I let the butcoins sit there for 2/3 days. Then when I tried to log in I got a message saying " service temporarly not available'' After 2 days I could log in again and all my bitcoins where gone! I had some decent amount in there so I; m very pissed.

I use a very long/strong password and always keep everything very secure. I have written multiply message' s to the support, now after 6 days still no answer.

They are scamming selective, not always but some aged accounts. DON" T TRUST THEM, they are cunt scammers. Made a account here just to let you guys know. maybe your first transaction will go fine, maybe your second one too but then they lock you out of your account and withdraw everything from it.

This is the address they used then scamming me.
https://blockchain.info/address/1LJRib5T8z2Z5N4jjpehMkgbRM6FB2856R

If they where legit they would've responded to me in the support. Also I' m not the only one who encounterd this problem.

BIG SCAM DO NOT USE THEM!

DontTrustFog

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:05:09 PM

Im a longtime member here and have created this account warn that the other members screaming scam are unfortunately right. I had coins stolen out of 2 separate bitcoinfog accounts upon loggging into them this morning (10 btc in one and 1.7btc in another). There is no way both accounts were bruteforced by a 3rd party, ive been around for a looonngg time and my passwords arent even able to be cracked by a dictionary bruteforce attack. Hopefully darkwallet will have all of the kinks worked out soon but until then I wouldnt touch bitcoinfog with a ten foot pole, dont trust them
ADgordo

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:14:42 PM

If you've read this far and think Fog is a scam, notice how all the screaming people are new accounts (the same person).

Been using this service for quite a long time, 1 year++, it has yet to fail me.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
DontTrustFog

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:19:23 AM

If you've read this far and think Fog is a scam, notice how all the screaming people are new accounts (the same person).

Been using this service for quite a long time, 1 year++, it has yet to fail me.

Or maybe its common sense not to use your real forum account when commenting on using hidden services like BitcoinFog genius......If you havent been scammed yet just state you havent been scammed (Its coming)....And trust me ive used Fog for well over "1 year++" kiddo so dont fool yourself. Your post is slightly cute though and your brain only being able to process same user conspiracy theories is equally pathetic.....
btseeme2

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:35:46 PM

Bitcoin Fog = SCAM?   Huh  Huh

Deposited ~.5 BTC on bitcoin fog. Then I initiated a withdrawal. After waiting much more time than necessary, I checked the wallet where I withdrew the btc to from the fog, and there was only 20% of my withdrawal that had arrived. I then tried to log back onto Bitcoin Fog, and a message pops up that says "Could not login using provided information."....my login and pass don't work anymore.

MY LOG IN AND PASSWORD DON'T WORK ANYMORE. and yes...I definately am not having any typos or confusions as to what my password is.  I wrote it down and logged in mutitple times before and after I deposited....

So, I Created a new account and clicked on support, asked for help and explained the situation. No response as of yet.

Why not make money the right way and provide a service people use, instead of what you are doing which is SCAMMING people?  I would love to respond to this post (and all the other 300+ posts I am going to write regarding my experience with your service) that Bitcoin Fog fixed the mixup...I would love to be proven wrong here.  Give me my bitcoins back and reinstate my fog account...weird of you to delete it!!
ctiger

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:00:39 PM

EXACT SAME ISSUE.

- CREATED NEW ACCOUNT
- DEPOSITED BTC
- INITIATED WITHDRAWAL.

NEXT DAY

- BLOCKCHAIN.INFO SHOWS ACCOUNT BALANCE WITHDRAWN BUT NO BTC IN THE DESTINATION ADDRESS
- USERNAME AND PASSWORD MYSTERIOUSLY NO LONGER WORK.

IF THAT'S NOT A SCAM I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.

I BET THESE FOOLS ARE SELECTIVE SCAMMERS, SCAMMING JUST FEW ENOUGH PEOPLE TO GET PEOPLE COMING BACK SO IT SEEMS LEGIT.

IF YOU'RE NOT A SCAM: PM ME AND RESTORE MY ACCOUNT AND REFUND MY BTC.

OTHERWISE, BUYERS BEWARE.
bitbybitexchange

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:14:17 AM

EXACT SAME ISSUE.

- CREATED NEW ACCOUNT
- DEPOSITED BTC
- INITIATED WITHDRAWAL.

NEXT DAY

- BLOCKCHAIN.INFO SHOWS ACCOUNT BALANCE WITHDRAWN BUT NO BTC IN THE DESTINATION ADDRESS
- USERNAME AND PASSWORD MYSTERIOUSLY NO LONGER WORK.

IF THAT'S NOT A SCAM I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.

I BET THESE FOOLS ARE SELECTIVE SCAMMERS, SCAMMING JUST FEW ENOUGH PEOPLE TO GET PEOPLE COMING BACK SO IT SEEMS LEGIT.

IF YOU'RE NOT A SCAM: PM ME AND RESTORE MY ACCOUNT AND REFUND MY BTC.

OTHERWISE, BUYERS BEWARE.
Did you bookmark the .onion link or are you getting it from bitcoinfog.com ?
What I noticed over the last couple weeks is that on bitcoinfog.com someone keeps hacking that site.
They change the image to display this website: http://fogcorecigovphc6.xxxxx (THIS IS A PHISHER DO NOT USE THIS SITE).

Then either the admins at bitcoinfog or the hacker (to keep unnoticed) changes the image back to the correct .onion link.

BTCFog has been notified of this for about 3 weeks now and has not fixed it or made a public response to it.

At this time BTCFog is not safe to be used anymore guys!
e1605

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:40:42 AM

This is the best site for anonymity. I sent over 50 btc and none of them disappear, even when the server was shutdown.

Don't listen to people complaining. Why they say they have been robbed, but they dont provide transaction id? Why all accounts are registred only for one post? Cops, idiots or competition?
gg420

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:41:42 AM

Hello,

Seems like the service have been unavailable for a a few hours already, for how long is the current Maintenance mode planned to last?

king44444

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:35:26 AM

The maintenance mode started on the night of the 22ed. It's pushing over 24 hours now. Any ETA on when it's going to be back up?
uptoeleven

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:12:16 AM

It appears to be back up now.

I've logged in fine. My bitcoins are still there.

Unfortunately the ability to withdraw bitcoins seems not to work.

I put in valid addresses supplied by my wallet and am told that these addresses are NOT valid...

So whatever it was I wanted to do with my bitcoincs will no doubt have to wait until their value has fallen sufficiently for bitcoinfog make their profit.

Fed up to the back teeth of them, it can't be THIS difficult to work anonymously with bitcoins...
user64504

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:10:11 PM

I would not use this site, I have it book marked and just lost $500.00 in BTC, i used the service just fine for 3-4 times then all the sudden last night my login stopped working.  And i checked the analysis and the transaction cleared but cannot access account.  Thanks BTC for robbing me blind.  If you can check my account i'd be happy to reverse this, i keep my u/p in a safe so i know i didn't forget it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: