Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Bitcoin Fog: Secure Bitcoin Anonymization  (Read 301328 times)
NoApologies

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:35:55 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 07:52:25 PM by NoApologies

I sent a decent amount of coin last night to fog. To make a long story short, after about 20 confirmations I started getting a little nervous and I found this thread. Read this after sending those coins is a quick way to a heart attack. Go to bed, wake up in the morning, my coins are there. I just sent them away from fog which I will update when my other wallet receives them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phasetek

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:15:52 PM

UPDATE to BitCoin Fog issues

So After a deposit went missing, it did eventually show up.  The deposit showed up into my bitcoinfog account after about 12 hours and >40 confirmations.   As far as the withdrawal I set a zero delay and 6 hour max span (minimum settings), and started the withdrawal process.  After waiting 6hrs there was still no evidence of the transactions showing up.  After about 24hrs the transactions finally showed up in my wallet. 

Technical problems do happen in the real world, I understand that.  But when you are dealing with peoples money and trust, a little bit of communication goes a long way. 

Next time I need such service, I will probably try bitmixer.io as most people seem to be happy with them

So the conclusion from *MY* experience (YMMV) is that Bitcoinfog is NOT a scam, but they are having technical issues which makes them unreliable at best, and do not communicate with their users or respond to support inquiries.  They have last been active on this thread in November 2014, and the same on their twitter account.   After this experience and reading this thread, I probably will not use them again, nor could I really recommend them.
fuckmoolah

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:44:41 AM

I have a problem. Since bitcoinfog doesn't seem to be secure right now I tried bitmixer.io. I entered the forward addresses and everything, but in the end when I click the button "mix my coins" nothing happens. Tried firefox, chrome and tor... I dunno if it's something temporary or if the site just sucks?

So what other reliable bitcoin mixer out there can I use?
NoApologies

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:33:11 AM

Just an update on Fog... All my coins made it to their destination in a timely matter. Maybe not as fast as we are used to, but surely not some huge delay to throw out all the good they have done up to this point. I will continue to do business with them... Expecting nothing but perfection is unrealistic, problems occur with all systems from time to time.
TopGear

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:06:32 AM

*Notification of slow transfer speeds to FOG account*

Began last night depositing to two addresses on my FOG account totaling more than 1 BTC. After two hours I checked the confirmations on the transactions and they were both above the 6 needed to process but no balance in the FOG account.

Checked the account again after 12 hours, transactions have >50 confirmations but no balance in the FOG account.

Messaged support, no reply.

I've checked my URL link, seems legit and haven't experienced the change of password some users are experiencing.

Hopefully, there are some technical issues which are slowing down the process.

Will keep this post updated.
collapse157

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:28:12 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 04:15:10 PM by collapse157

I sent support message telling them to release a signed message. I still have hope but this lack of communication is outlandish. Been sitting over 16 hours now. Im sure most people need coins and cant wait on lousy support to ensure safety. My coins never went out from my deposit address like normal, just in. Makes me think their having issues with wallets.

Edit: i see this thread views going up. Please respond I know there are others out there. Including staff.

HBN | | HoboNickels -- 2% Interest Every 10 Days -- Stable Network -- Stake for Charity http:hobonickels.info
bitcoin2359

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:38:08 PM

Hello, I have had the same issue with only a little amount of bigger transactions coming through. I got worried and tought I was scammed, but after waiting a couple of hours after the "FINISHED" state at the BitcoinFog site, I had all the money in my wallet, that I was sending from the beginning.

So I think they're NOT scamming. More probably having problems with delays in their services, as stated on their website a couple days ago.

If you're still having the problem; just wait. Don't panic or anything. Im sure you will get the money soon. You shouldn't have to wait for days, but a couple of hours extra I think.

(Sorry for not the best english Tongue).
collapse157

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:48:18 PM

Most of us have been waiting 12+ hours for deposits not withdrawls. I still have faith. Thanks for posting it gives us some form of security. Id prefer a signed message on the homepage though.

HBN | | HoboNickels -- 2% Interest Every 10 Days -- Stable Network -- Stake for Charity http:hobonickels.info
bitbybitexchange

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:49:26 PM

3 days now my deposit has not shown up.
Support is dead or arrested my guess.

I can see the coins being mixed and withdrawn on block chain too.
collapse157

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:02:14 PM

3 days now my deposit has not shown up.
Support is dead or arrested my guess.

I can see the coins being mixed and withdrawn on block chain too.

This worries me. My coins arent mixed yet still sitting on the deposit wallet. They are not scamming they make too much cash. Im now worried maybe hacked?

TopGear

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:32:10 PM

No BTC in my FOG wallet, no deposits showing in my account.

BTC has been mixed (shown on blockchain).

No answer from support.

I've waited 24 hours, hopefully they are having technical problems. Hope this gets resolved. I have faith.
Dache

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:33:13 PM

Just signed up to let people know that my coins went through eventually today. Transferred around 9PM GMT last night, and were showing up when I got home from work about 7PM today, about 22 hours later. They hadn't come through when I checked this morning around 9:30AM, so that's at least 12+ hours where they weren't showing up.
collapse157

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:41:28 PM

Thanks mine is approaching 24 so i still have hope Smiley.

Edit. Just went through. I wont be using for larger transactions till we get faster times again. Def still safe so far but just be warned it might take awhile.

GoodKingHenry

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:09:22 PM

Yes. I made a deposit of 3< which has hitherto not reached my address, plus I messaged support to no avail. Seems like everyone is having trouble at the moment; hopefully it all gets sorted soon.
capizzolo

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:36:35 PM

I'm approaching 36 hours nows. I think im just going to accept that BCF, as somebody mentioned, is either
A.) not working properly
or
B.) BCF has finally came to a hault in their business for unexpected reasons and they are taking whatever btc's they can get while still transacting some for potential trust/on going transactions (or of that sort) to keep obtaining as much as possible.

Either way, I have lost all hope and neither A nor B tells you to keep trying, or to try them out in general.

peace
-tr3s-
simondad1968

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:41:08 PM

Hi guys, i deposited a small amount of coin with bitcoin fog about 15 hours ago, but my balance shows zero, the information at blockchain tells me that the coin was delivered to the wallet address i was given by bitcoin fog, but there is nothing there, i am a complete novice as far as using a coin tumbler goes, and am pretty new to bitcoin, but so far, had no problems, and after reading quite a lot of the available reviews, thought i had made the right choice, i understand that there may have been problems with the website being down for a while, has anybody used bitcoin fog successfully in the last few days? I would just like to know as it took me an age to save that money, i am disabled, and dont want to spend time and energy worrying about something i cant do any thing about, as it just makes me ill, would appreciate any feedback guys, all the best, Simon UK.
TopGear

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:20:16 PM

Okay so I've now waited 48 hours following my initial deposit.

I realised on the page they suggest waiting 15 mins after log in to see if the balance updates. However, there are still no coins in my wallet.

I understand there maybe a delay in processing the BTC to the wallet. Are other people still having to wait this long?

Can someone confirm this is the correct URL please - http://foggeddriztrcar2.onion ?
simondad1968

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:38:58 PM

Hi, seems to be the correct url, it's the address i have been using anyway, no problem logging into the site, just no action on my coin, thanks for the reply by the way, all the best, Simon UK  Angry
simondad1968

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:20:23 PM

Hi guys, a quick update, my coin has arrived in my bitcoin fog account (approx 17 hours), and will now attempt to transfer funds to another account, i will post on the outcome, all the best, Simon UK  Cheesy
blobby_man

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:37:33 PM

I am currently at 25 hours having sent just over 1 BTC to BF.

I have never had any problems before. I've sent a support ticket about 12 hours ago but no reply (and, from what you have written on this topic, I don't expect one).

Either:
a) BF has taken the BTC
b) There is something going on which makes them inefficient over the last two to three days.

The Blockchain shows more than 200 confirmations.

I appreciate other posters - it's good to know what's going on and that I'm not the only one with issues.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: