Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 11:12:57 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future evolution of Altcoins  (Read 2476 times)
Madychoux (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:35:01 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 02:45:06 PM by Madychoux

Well people, nearly each day a new altcoin is created and it really looks like a big mess...

After having been looking for "real" new "revolutionary" coins, I only found few of them :

- Darkcoin :
    => Darksend : Anonymous blockchain transactions
    => Super secure hashing algorithm: 11 rounds of scientific hashing functions (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo
    => Power efficient : I get 3 times higher hashing rate compared to scrypt and consuming half my usual power (1180W instead of 2420W on Scrypt mining)
    => Difficulty adjusts every block

- Myriadcoin :
   => Multi algorythm : Scypt, SHA256D, Qubit, Skein or Groestl

- Gridcoin :
   => Usefull for humanity
   => Reward system : if you mine with boinc running, you will receive a calculated subsidy based on boinc utilization.

- YAK/Vertcoin :
   => Scrypt-Adaptive-Nfactor

Do you guys, know any other "new tech" coins ?

I mean, coins like Doge that I love really feels like dinosaures compare to the new ones above.
That's why I'm trying to find the ones getting new features to guess what would be the evolution of altcoins.

I'm pretty sure we are only living the beginning of a new major revolution like P2P sharing was more than 10 years ago.

Thanks for the answers :-)
CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:38:37 PM

Nxt
Imperials

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:18:16 PM

Mazacoin is one of the only revolutionary alt-coins as well, a much more transparent AUR.
anyone4u

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:22:54 PM

www.digibyte.co aka DigiByte v 2.0.0-DigiShield
Each successive major release of DigiByte will be accompanied with a "Digi" name.
The DigiShield update will serve two main purposes: To shield from multi-pools and an over inflation of new coins (0.5% weekly reward reduction).
With its dshield. It s faster than kudos gravity well, although that one I have seen it happen very fast too. read mo about it here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482329.0
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:32:20 PM

- Vertcoin :

Scrypt-Adaptive-Nfactor - YAC developed 1st that algorithm so Vertcoin only COPY IT damm...

Blake coin have fastest around hash algorithm and safe.

Emunie different e-currency

Datacoin - buy p2p data disk forever for datacoins

NXT innovative(bad distribution ~50%POS reward to ipo and devs)

Generaly POS coins: BC,PPC,Cash,Mint,HBN,Greed for those who are tired of minig wars and multi pool dumps

GPUcoin unique because they made 4 times in row fail start - joke

PANDA coin 1st big SCAM coin on large scale with MEGA dump to 1sat with allmost all premine

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:41:05 PM

Well people, nearly each day a new altcoin is created and it really looks like a big mess...

After having been looking for "real" new "revolutionary" coins, I only found few of them :

- Darkcoin :
    => Super secure hashing algorithm: 11 rounds of scientific hashing functions (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo
    => Power efficient : I get 3 times higher hashing rate compared to scrypt and consuming half my usual power (1180W instead of 2420W on Scrypt mining)

- Myriadcoin :

- Vertcoin :

I mean, coins like Doge that I love really feels like dinosaures compare to the new ones above.
That's why I'm trying to find the ones getting new features to guess what would be the evolution of altcoins.

I'm pretty sure we are only living the beginning of a new major revolution like P2P sharing was more than 10 years ago.

NONE of those you listed are the next evolution really. They are more of the same with some tweaks.

TO be fair PPC was more next gen than those.  QRK brough multi algo to fame.  Adaptive N i don't really care about, i see nothing it has over scrypt jane worth worrying about.

NXT looks pretty evolved i guess.

Madychoux (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:36:24 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 07:28:07 AM by Madychoux

Scrypt-Adaptive-Nfactor - YAC developed 1st that algorithm so Vertcoin only COPY IT damm...

Blake coin have fastest around hash algorithm and safe.

Emunie different e-currency

Datacoin - buy p2p data disk forever for datacoins

Thanks for that, I will look into those coins.

I'm really having a mixed feeling about NXT and all non-minable coins/pre-mined.

My question is more about mining evolution of coins than business opportunities.

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 07:15:20 AM

Well I completely agree with the OP, I have not heard about DarkCoin yet, because it seemed too hyped for me, but I might take a look now. There is one more coin which gets far less attention than deserved - Chaincoin

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:03:38 AM

- Darkcoin :

You forgot to mention anonymous blockchain transactions
Madychoux (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:36:46 AM

Yes that's true, but the DarkSend system is not up yet in release, but you're right, it's a great improvement.

Is there really no big innovation on other coin Huh

I'm a bit surprised ?!  Huh
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:08:30 AM

gridcoin is for sure one of the next big coins.

With GRC you can mine coins (GPU +  CPU) while you contribute to scientific progress. So, you don't waste energy with mining. The devs are really great and they have a lot of ideas for the future.

Take a look:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324118.0
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-23#entry9804

Madychoux (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:18:26 PM

Well I completely agree with the OP, I have not heard about DarkCoin yet, because it seemed too hyped for me, but I might take a look now. There is one more coin which gets far less attention than deserved - Chaincoin

Has read in another thread :

Darkcoin got released 1 day earlier than chaincoin, The only difference between the coins is that in DarkCoin skein is after groestl while in ChainCoin it's after keccak.
HiroS

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 02:27:08 PM

We have not seen the next solution yet. Adaptive N is still too hostile towards GPUs. But I believe we have all the pieces of the puzzle to put a solution together. It does not have to reinvent the wheel just dodge the Scrypt ASICs coming without losing any efficiency. Coins that blend several hashing solutions together like Darkcoin are going to have a hard time getting the efficiency it could achieve because of that, you may see a large number of hashes but that is nothing compared to where it could be with proper optimizations. A new standard is required that everyone can contribute towards.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:39:54 PM

Gridcoin - http://crypt.la/2014/02/23/exclusive-gridcoin-founder-talks-revolution-in-mining/
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 02:44:23 PM

The only real revolution in mining can be completely removing the mining part.

No precious energy wasted for years. And that is exactly what Coin2 did. The most ecofriendly and fairly distributed coin ever
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:45:23 PM

- Darkcoin :

- Myriadcoin :

- Vertcoin :

Wrong, Quark was the first to bring multi hashing to public awareness. Quark is still more secure than Darkcoin
Madychoux (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:48:48 PM

We have not seen the next solution yet. Adaptive N is still too hostile towards GPUs. But I believe we have all the pieces of the puzzle to put a solution together. It does not have to reinvent the wheel just dodge the Scrypt ASICs coming without losing any efficiency. Coins that blend several hashing solutions together like Darkcoin are going to have a hard time getting the efficiency it could achieve because of that, you may see a large number of hashes but that is nothing compared to where it could be with proper optimizations. A new standard is required that everyone can contribute towards.

I totally agree, we need a new standard as "Scrypt" was, to go to the next step.
Madychoux (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:49:32 PM

The only real revolution in mining can be completely removing the mining part.

No precious energy wasted for years. And that is exactly what Coin2 did. The most ecofriendly and fairly distributed coin ever

But how could the network hashrate could be as secured as the one for BTC or LTC ?!
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:50:04 PM

- Darkcoin :

- Myriadcoin :

- Vertcoin :

NONE of those you listed are the next evolution really. They are more of the same with some tweaks.

TO be fair PPC was more next gen than those.  QRK brough multi algo to fame.  Adaptive N i don't really care about, i see nothing it has over scrypt jane worth worrying about.

NXT looks pretty evolved i guess.

+1 and any coin can adapt anonymity, but i don't think it will be a good thing to do

I think you bought those coins, that's why you listing the here lol
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:52:51 PM

- Darkcoin :

- Myriadcoin :

- Vertcoin :

Wrong, Quark was the first to bring multi hashing to public awareness. Quark is still more secure than Darkcoin

+2
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: