Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:38:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO]  (Read 33366 times)
Dreaming

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:27:31 PM

Can you explain more about what Growth Mining is? I hadn't heard of it before but it seems very interesting.
BitCoinsForGold

Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:34:12 PM

Can you explain more about what Growth Mining is? I hadn't heard of it before but it seems very interesting.
Going to try to beat kamo to this answer!  I'm quite new here, but my understanding goes like this:

• Growth mining adds another kind of mining to the system, in addition to PoW.
  • 50% is growth mining.  50% is regular mining
  • Merit still has PoW mining, with CPU and GPU (cukoo cycle)
  • Merit is invite only -- you need an invite-token to have an activated wallet
  • The top 'growth miners' are the people who bring the most pepole into the network.
  • Everything is decentralized and on the blockchain -- not a central rewards program
BitCoinsForGold

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:35:38 PM

I did it!!

I also found this article on the website useful:

https://www.merit.me/blog/growth-mining-explained-part-1/
moooner
Copper Member

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:36:00 PM

It is a way to stimulate growth of the network while rewarding those who help doing so. By inviting other people (or mining, but mainly through the spawning of a community) you get to increase a rank according to a certain algorithm. The higher you get in that rank, the more probable you can partecipate in the lottery held at each block which gives half its rewards out to 10 winners. You don't have to mine at all in that block, but it works like mining because it follows the same principles of probability. It is a nice way to try a different route from POW and POS imho, and since its version 2.0 most real members are getting some rewards each day, thus the network grows more healthly than usual cryptos.

● ● ●      M E R I T [     Mine, Share, Grow     ]      ● ● ●
████████████████ Join Merit and get free MRT and invites using my link ████████████████
(PM me to unlock or contact me on Discord: Boozee#0607)
LORENthetiger

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:37:34 PM

Going to try to beat kamo to this answer!  I'm quite new here, but my understanding goes like this:

• The top 'growth miners' are the people who bring the most pepole into the network.
  • Everything is decentralized and on the blockchain -- not a central rewards program

Are you just another user and not affiliated with the team? It seems like the users on this project are super engaged for some reason.

Is there some sort of rewards you're working for by being so engaged with the questions here? Or are you just genuinely that interested in it's welfare?
Dreaming

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:44:05 PM

Thanks for the detailed explanation, it's really helpful.

Is there like a leaderboard or something showing who the top growth miners are?
sizzleplussteak
Copper Member

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:50:13 PM

I am happy to see at least one ANN thread that isn't full of bots (or low-paid spammer humans, not sure).  Just wanted to say that. Seems like real questions and answers here.
moooner
Copper Member

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:51:08 PM

Thanks for the detailed explanation, it's really helpful.

Is there like a leaderboard or something showing who the top growth miners are?

Here you go: https://dashboard.merit.me/ranks

● ● ●      M E R I T [     Mine, Share, Grow     ]      ● ● ●
████████████████ Join Merit and get free MRT and invites using my link ████████████████
(PM me to unlock or contact me on Discord: Boozee#0607)
BitCoinsForGold

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:52:06 PM

Are you just another user and not affiliated with the team? It seems like the users on this project are super engaged for some reason.

Is there some sort of rewards you're working for by being so engaged with the questions here? Or are you just genuinely that interested in it's welfare?
I'm just trying to be helpful -- no affiliation with the core team.  I'm not even hodl'ing right now.

(Though I am considering it - full disclosure).
Rihydtersgreen

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:58:18 PM

Hi  Who do you consider to be your main competitor? Where can I find a video about the business? Send me the link pleeeease
EmTee

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:59:36 PM

That's the joy of this community.  There are many of us that are very engaged and do hold a true belief in the project and wish it all the success we can.  The team has been very supportive in the Discord channel for as long as I have been a member and actually responds to direct questions and PM's when you have one.  I've seen so many projects that they Devs are just in the channel but never truly 'available'.  The first week I joined and started mining, Adil held a video chat for over an hour or two and engaged with anyone that was willing to ask a question or wanted a response about a certain feature, etc.
KAMO287

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 06:12:54 PM

I'm just trying to be helpful -- no affiliation with the core team.  I'm not even hodl'ing right now.

(Though I am considering it - full disclosure).

You're a true hero now! Asking questions on page 1 ... Answering questions by page 12!! PM me your alias (if you havnt signed up yet we should be a tag team!) -ill send you some Merit since you beat me to it haha

great job.

Grin

Join Merit + get free MRT and invites with my link:
https://wallet.merit.me?invite=KAMO287
(PM me to unlock or contact me on disc/tell as: KAMO287)
Dreaming

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:14:09 PM

That's the joy of this community.  There are many of us that are very engaged and do hold a true belief in the project and wish it all the success we can.  The team has been very supportive in the Discord channel for as long as I have been a member and actually responds to direct questions and PM's when you have one.  I've seen so many projects that they Devs are just in the channel but never truly 'available'.  The first week I joined and started mining, Adil held a video chat for over an hour or two and engaged with anyone that was willing to ask a question or wanted a response about a certain feature, etc.

It seems almost bizarre to me that a project on here has a genuine following. Everyone else is just paying pennies for people to pretend to be interested.

It's very refreshing actually. I'll have to look deeper into Merit, it's much more complex than I'm used to also.
JoelFa

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:18:31 PM

I'm taking part in the bounty, I already raised a lot of coins, especially without spending time. In the future I plan to actively invest in this plan, the prospects are visible not with an armed eye.
xaker74

Activity: 1016
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:22:26 PM

It seems almost bizarre to me that a project on here has a genuine following. Everyone else is just paying pennies for people to pretend to be interested.

It's very refreshing actually. I'll have to look deeper into Merit, it's much more complex than I'm used to also.
Yeah, I totally agree with this.

At first, it seemed kind of fishy with so much positive stuff on here.  Still a little weird to me, but it's hard to argue with actual answers.  (And people typing with actual proper grammar.)
KAMO287

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 06:22:51 PM

Where do begin... It's refreshing to find a unique concept in crypto - and not only that- a dev team willing to drive that concept into reality. When you really understand what the team is trying to do it makes a big impact.

Yes it's an uphill battle (especially in the crypto world) - but this team has a great idea- and great horsepower to deliver it.

I personally am here because I know how easy it is for people to claim "scam! Ponzi! blah!" so educating people curious about Merit will not only help the project, but it will help me personally that some of you might sign up with my alias.

I feel helping and educating will help me grow my community in merit a lot further than just spamming my invite link and leaving.

It officially clicked for me about 4 weeks ago after mining Merit since June.

KAMO287

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 06:29:47 PM

Hi  Who do you consider to be your main competitor? Where can I find a video about the business? Send me the link pleeeease

Not sure if you're just copy/pasting to boost rank (since this question seems generic) but here is an older video - brief. quick. but high level Merit knowledge

https://youtu.be/AP_JuO3LA7s

I honestly cant think of a competitor in crypto trying to approach the problem statement like Merit is.

hope that helps !

GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:40:20 PM

Where do begin... It's refreshing to find a unique concept in crypto - and not only that- a dev team willing to drive that concept into reality. When you really understand what the team is trying to do it makes a big impact.

Yes it's an uphill battle (especially in the crypto world) - but this team has a great idea- and great horsepower to deliver it.

I personally am here because I know how easy it is for people to claim "scam! Ponzi! blah!" so educating people curious about Merit will not only help the project, but it will help me personally that some of you might sign up with my alias.

I feel helping and educating will help me grow my community in merit a lot further than just spamming my invite link and leaving.

So if I were to sign up now there would be a field that would ask if someone recommended me? If I put down KAMO287, what would you get out of it?
sketron1

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:43:53 PM

Just wanted to add I've been mining Merit since the CPU days, now mining with all my rigs on icemining.  What everybody's been saying about the dev team is true. I've been getting personal responses from Adil the entire time. Truly a top notch team that seems to care about not only their project, but the community that supports it.

I've mined/traded/hodling everything from eth, zec, zen, rvn to a myriad of shitcoins left and right.  I've never seen a project with this much potential, not even close.
sketron1

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:47:47 PM

So if I were to sign up now there would be a field that would ask if someone recommended me? If I put down KAMO287, what would you get out of it?

He'd get a slightly higher CGS (community growth score), which would make him more likely to receive growth rewards.  Remember growth rewards are 50% of each block reward, the other 50% being POW
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: