Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:43:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO]  (Read 33367 times)
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:23:25 PM

Looks interesting, will probably mine a few and check back in a year or so and see how things are going. I am def not a MLM or pyramid guy so I wont be like some of those fat cats at the top with 20,000+ because they started mining and inviting before it was announced on Bitcointalk.

Definitely report back here for others when you start mining - It would be cool to get your feedback and hear how the whole process went from Invite to mining.

For the others thinking about how this works, I put together a Merit Invite Video that describes and shows the process. https://youtu.be/KrPVbkJ1IZo

When it comes to MLM vs Pyramid vs ? - we've had a lot of great conversations in this thread about how it works. Even though there are some guys that got in early- that doesnt mean they are at the top forever.

Since Proof of Growth is a lottery, and based on the community growth score. It is possible that the whales just sit on their piles and go inactive. Someone brand new YES can pass them up. You can even get a community growth score higher than the person who invited you (I did).

If it was an MLM / pyramid structure- you would get 10% of the merit mined by the person under you -and 8% for their people and 5% of theirs etc... it would be based on strict volume of mined Merit. As a new person -you would never get to pass the person above you. that's why so many of them fail out there.

Now Im not saying it doesnt have referrals and a "market your community" vibe (I said a few pages ago that's part of the reason Im around). But the growth rewards and Proof of Growth are all random and rewarded per block. Having more people now just gives you more chance to win the lottery - but it's still very much a lottery.

I type all of that out to say - someone brand new today - could very easily get their community into the top group if they recruit real people and it's active etc.

I hope that helps make sense of how it's different than MLM/Pyramid

Thanks for the info and as far as the sign up and mining process, its as easy as pie. I am testing out different processors to see what the lowest cost processors I can use for a six card rig and still be able to have all 6 gpus run at full mining speed. It looks like an i3 8100 is at the top of the list so far and on the AMD side a ryzen 1300x is able to run 5 cards so I imagine a Ryzen 1400 would do fine with 6 or more.
mempko
Copper Member

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

I'm a Free Software Developer.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 11:45:33 PM

Looks interesting, will probably mine a few and check back in a year or so and see how things are going. I am def not a MLM or pyramid guy so I wont be like some of those fat cats at the top with 20,000+ because they started mining and inviting before it was announced on Bitcointalk.

Definitely report back here for others when you start mining - It would be cool to get your feedback and hear how the whole process went from Invite to mining.

For the others thinking about how this works, I put together a Merit Invite Video that describes and shows the process. https://youtu.be/KrPVbkJ1IZo

When it comes to MLM vs Pyramid vs ? - we've had a lot of great conversations in this thread about how it works. Even though there are some guys that got in early- that doesnt mean they are at the top forever.

Since Proof of Growth is a lottery, and based on the community growth score. It is possible that the whales just sit on their piles and go inactive. Someone brand new YES can pass them up. You can even get a community growth score higher than the person who invited you (I did).

If it was an MLM / pyramid structure- you would get 10% of the merit mined by the person under you -and 8% for their people and 5% of theirs etc... it would be based on strict volume of mined Merit. As a new person -you would never get to pass the person above you. that's why so many of them fail out there.

Now Im not saying it doesnt have referrals and a "market your community" vibe (I said a few pages ago that's part of the reason Im around). But the growth rewards and Proof of Growth are all random and rewarded per block. Having more people now just gives you more chance to win the lottery - but it's still very much a lottery.

I type all of that out to say - someone brand new today - could very easily get their community into the top group if they recruit real people and it's active etc.

I hope that helps make sense of how it's different than MLM/Pyramid

Thanks for the info and as far as the sign up and mining process, its as easy as pie. I am testing out different processors to see what the lowest cost processors I can use for a six card rig and still be able to have all 6 gpus run at full mining speed. It looks like an i3 8100 is at the top of the list so far and on the AMD side a ryzen 1300x is able to run 5 cards so I imagine a Ryzen 1400 would do fine with 6 or more.

Before you made any purchases on cards, Merit's GPU miner currently only supports Nvidia at the moment.

TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:02:01 AM

Oh, dear developers, please be in a hurry with the miner for the amd Embarrassed This project was very interesting to me, and I don't want to miss the moment right at the beginning of the movement.
They are working on AMD, but at the moment the results are very, very low compared to Nvidia.
Hi guys!
Is there any updates about GPU miner for AMD video cards ?

I have not seen an update yet for AMD - The performance during testing I have heard is simply horrible on the algorithm so far. If you want to keep an eye on discord/telegram I am sure someone will find a way someday. not many projects are using Cuckoo algo.
I very much hope that someone will find a solution for amd miners or there may be rigs in rent under this algorithm. I check mininrigrental.com, while like is not present.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
mempko
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 12:19:17 AM

Could this plan exist without tokens / coins? Why is token / coin inseparable from solution? I get that blockchain technology has a goal here but I am challenged to see why the market for this token / coin will grow and why consumers will pay for it. Also, will commercial / industrial users buy and use the same token / coins offered to ICO participants or will Skynet license their blockchain technology to some people while finding issues for token / coin solutions for consumers / retail markets?

Of course, a bot will mention skynet...

I love how people discovered Markov Chains, or am I giving the spammers too much credit?

sprstoner

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:35:13 AM

i do personally wish the new wallet invite token airdrop would stop, maybe something like requiring 20 MRT in your wallet for a time limit (like the POG rewards). the fake accounts are annoying.

but i do like the community, i like the ideas, and i plan on sticking around for a while and seeing how things go. i think this coin will survive and do good.
littlehobo

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:26:16 AM

Could this plan exist without tokens / coins? Why is token / coin inseparable from solution? I get that blockchain technology has a goal here but I am challenged to see why the market for this token / coin will grow and why consumers will pay for it. Also, will commercial / industrial users buy and use the same token / coins offered to ICO participants or will Skynet license their blockchain technology to some people while finding issues for token / coin solutions for consumers / retail markets?

Of course, a bot will mention skynet...

I love how people discovered Markov Chains, or am I giving the spammers too much credit?

Why are there bots on here? whats the purpose.
keepwatukill

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:26:57 AM

Happy to invite new people. Please message me for details. I promise instant acceptance after you PM and I will send you 1 MRT to get started. If you need help setting things up or don't want to ask in the forum feel free to PM questions as well!
AbhijoySarkar

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:33:28 AM

Why are there bots on here? whats the purpose.

They are just here to rank up their bitcointalk account with inane comments (which increases their post count/activity).
Marlonis Brandonis

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:41:02 AM

Merit in 1 minute. Beginner guide. Lets go!
Merit is a invite-only mineable coin with an community based staking aspect.. What the heck?

You can mine it with CPU or Nvidia GPU straight out of your desktop wallet. Download Merit Windows client and driverpackage from Nvidia an you are good to go! Sounds easy? It is! You dont want to mine? Buy Merit with btc in the integrated market.

But what is this staking thing? You receive growth from your funds. Thats staking! Is there any hurdle? You need to own 20+ Merit! How much growth? Lets say 1% a day.

Community? Invite-only? Every meritian needs an invitation to start with merit. Just like you do! If you invite a new meritian he becomes your community member. We call him "son". Bigger community? More frequent staking rewards! Your "son" invites someone? Say hello to your "grandson" and a even bigger community!

Want to know more? Take a look at the explainer Video on Youtube! https://youtu.be/cBkFFr4-YIs

Here you get wallet and drivers:
https://www.merit.me/get-started/#get-merit-desktop
 https://www.nvidia.de/Download/index.aspx?lang=en

This is my invite link:
https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=alexis
AbhijoySarkar

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:11:50 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2020, 07:17:40 AM by AbhijoySarkar

Is КYC required in participating in the idea? Cause these would mean a lot to US customers as they restrict ICOs there
No KYC, no ICO.
AbhijoySarkar

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:24:15 AM

I see that lately, managers are not actively responding to people's questions. so I think that it's worth asking the question not here, but go to the TV-chat of this business and there learn all the necessary

Not sure if this is generic rank bumping comment. Please note mempko (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2046343) is a project dev and Merit co-founder who is actively replying to all pertinent questions on this thread. Adil, who is the founder of Merit, and other core members have also come in occasionally to reply to queries.

Community members are also knowledgable enough to handle both technical and non-technical queries. And hence many of them have been equally active in this thread.
KAMO287

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 06:06:57 PM

I see that lately, managers are not actively responding to people's questions. so I think that it's worth asking the question not here, but go to the TV-chat of this business and there learn all the necessary

I must say the community is here and replying a good amount to real questions! So don't hesitate to ask more here 👍

Join Merit + get free MRT and invites with my link:
https://wallet.merit.me?invite=KAMO287
(PM me to unlock or contact me on disc/tell as: KAMO287)
moooner
Copper Member

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:43:45 AM

Is КYC required in participating in the idea? Cause these would mean a lot to US customers as they restrict ICOs there

There's no KYC at all since no ICO. You can start mining and building a community right away, nobody wants to know who you are IRL before enjoying the Merit World :^)

● ● ●      M E R I T [     Mine, Share, Grow     ]      ● ● ●
████████████████ Join Merit and get free MRT and invites using my link ████████████████
(PM me to unlock or contact me on Discord: Boozee#0607)
XxsmasxX

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:18:38 PM

miner@simpleminer:~/merit-miner$ sudo make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/miner/merit-miner'
Making all in compat
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/miner/merit-miner/compat'
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/miner/merit-miner/compat'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/miner/merit-miner/compat'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/miner/merit-miner/compat'
Making all in cuckoo
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/miner/merit-miner/cuckoo'
depbase=`echo cuckoo.o | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.o$||'`;\
g++ -std=c++11 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..    -Wall -O3 -g -O2 -march=native -MT cuckoo.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o cuckoo.o cuckoo.cpp &&\
mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
In file included from cuckoo.hpp:16:0,
                 from cuckoo.cpp:13:
ctpl/ctpl.h:32:36: fatal error: boost/lockfree/queue.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:387: recipe for target 'cuckoo.o' failed
make[2]: *** [cuckoo.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/miner/merit-miner/cuckoo'
Makefile:796: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/miner/merit-miner'
Makefile:428: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
moooner
Copper Member

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:41:50 PM

make  all-recursive
Making all in compat
Making all in cuckoo
g++ -std=c++11 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..    -Wall -O3 -g -O2 -march=native -MT cuckoo.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o cuckoo.o cuckoo.cpp &&\
ctpl/ctpl.h:32:36: fatal error: boost/lockfree/queue.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

If you have a problem compiling the miner from source I'd suggest to join the Merit Discord server and ask for help here (#issue or #mining channels).

Discord: https://discord.gg/m6Hsyh

████████████████ Join Merit and get free MRT and invites using my link ████████████████
mempko
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 05:12:53 PM

make  all-recursive
Making all in compat
Making all in cuckoo
compilation terminated.

Try updating your version of boost to a newer one. You can get boost here https://www.boost.org/

OLDARH

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

-YAHOO_EU-

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:47:59 PM

I was hoping that after posting the announcement on this forum, the number and volume of transactions on this coin will increase, but most likely the stagnation will continue until there is a listing on a well-known exchange. A good exchange is a good coin!
KAMO287

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 02:54:24 PM

I was hoping that after posting the announcement on this forum, the number and volume of transactions on this coin will increase, but most likely the stagnation will continue until there is a listing on a well-known exchange. A good exchange is a good coin!

While I think everyone agrees an exchange listing would help the exposure ... Merit is unique in that it's invite only. Large scale exchanges like Binance would require 100,000 + invites on day 1 for withdrawal/deposits and I don't know if the new community/coin is ready for that overnight !

moooner
Copper Member

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:06:47 PM

While I think everyone agrees an exchange listing would help the exposure ... Merit is unique in that it's invite only. Large scale exchanges like Binance would require 100,000 + invites on day 1 for withdrawal/deposits and I don't know if the new community/coin is ready for that overnight !

Mmh for withdrawals sure, but to just exchange is probably wouldn't, after all addresses used by exchanges are virtual, they don't have 1:1 real addresses per user. It certainly would require some help from the team tho, but if Merit wants to go anywhere I'm sure they have planned that phase of growth.

KAMO287

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 03:16:59 PM

Mmh for withdrawals sure, but to just exchange is probably wouldn't, after all addresses used by exchanges are virtual, they don't have 1:1 real addresses per user. It certainly would require some help from the team tho, but if Merit wants to go anywhere I'm sure they have planned that phase of growth.

No doubt it's in the planned future, I'm talking today if we opened up to an exchange of 10mil people, I threw out that 100,000 number for withdrawal just for giggles because Meeit maybe has 1-2k+ users and 14k wallets?  With such low circulation too ... We are far from ready for binance !  But someday 😍

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: