Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:14:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO]  (Read 33364 times)
AbhijoySarkar

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:34:09 PM

...how many tokens will be awarded in 2019 Wink?
1 block mined per minute
20 MRT released per block
So 28800 MRT per day
=> 10.5M MRT in 2019 unless halving occurs next year

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ifyousmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:39:57 PM

the mining process seems to be the same as other chains, the invite distribution, the dev decided to keep 10% of them for new miners; that number seem to be manually set
AbhijoySarkar

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:59:28 PM

the mining process seems to be the same as other chains...
The mining process is actually quite simple. Especially for mining newbs like me. The lightwallet client allows mining in a pool with a click. And the lightwallet client is not the run-of-the-mill QT client. It has been made specifically for Merit.

...the invite distribution, the dev decided to keep 10% of them for new miners; that number seem to be manually set
10% is not for "new" miners but is rather to random addresses (could be PoW miners, could be not). And there is no manual setting or human bias in the distribution.
KAMO287

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 04:32:16 PM

The mining process is actually quite simple. Especially for mining newbs like me. The lightwallet client allows mining in a pool with a click. And the lightwallet client is not the run-of-the-mill QT client. It has been made specifically for Merit.

...the invite distribution, the dev decided to keep 10% of them for new miners; that number seem to be manually set
10% is not for "new" miners but is rather to random addresses (could be PoW miners, could be not). And there is no manual setting or human bias in the distribution.

He might be talking about the 10% that the IceMining pool keeps... but either way! We're all right Smiley

Join Merit + get free MRT and invites with my link:
https://wallet.merit.me?invite=KAMO287
(PM me to unlock or contact me on disc/tell as: KAMO287)
Amityvill

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:33:05 AM

Take an invite and participate in the project of the century!

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Amityvill
AbhijoySarkar

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:26:52 AM

He might be talking about the 10% that the IceMining pool keeps... but either way! We're all right Smiley
Oh ok, got it. Yup. Icemining does keep 10% INVs. ifyousmell, yes that is set manually and depends on the pool owner entirely. So if you mine in any pool, the pool owner will have his/her own way for distributing.
BoozyTalking

Activity: 315

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:45:43 AM

I have one more invite if you need to unlock your wallet.
https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=woozy
ljglug

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:31:51 AM

I have one more invite if you need to unlock your wallet.
https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=woozy

I used your invitation to connect, please help me activate it, thank you.

tygertyger7

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 02:30:27 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2018, 04:08:24 PM by tygertyger7

I have 8 invites available for anyone might be interested can use my link: https://wallet.merit.me?invite=tygertyger
WhaleHunter

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:04:18 PM

This looks like a truly amazing project! But I see that the roadmap is speaking about this coin having had the genesis event in December 2017 while this ANN is dated september 2018 - so which can I find the whole story of this coin? I will stay tuned from now on.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Daekbyong

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:07:54 PM

This looks like a truly amazing project! But I see that the roadmap is speaking about this coin having had the genesis event in December 2017 while this ANN is dated september 2018 - so which can I find the whole story of this coin? I will stay tuned from now on.
I didn't see any that brings something new to the table. They all looked like a copy-paste of one other. So because of that I think Merit needs a little backing
Midaktai

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:20:13 PM

You can read the whitepaper from this Merit project, but the Merit project has a roadmap that starts in December 2017, we are positive about this project, and it also seems that the Merit project without ICO, is very interesting
mempko
Copper Member

Activity: 33

I'm a Free Software Developer.

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 03:38:05 AM

We have a roadmap since December 2017 because mainnet went live at the end of December. We have been growing organically ever since.

mercoinz

Activity: 39
Merit: 5

muthafukin gem huntah

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:12:27 PM

great opportunity to buy into this and load up right now on the market for 1300 sats:

https://market.merit.me/

most of the big bag holders acquired at 4-5000 sats+ or when mining difficulty was way higher

merrvn#8782
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:01:09 PM

I'm new to this coin, which is truly intriguing, I happened to find a graph of the price action at https://market.merit.me/ and it seems it's now going sharply down after a sharp rise and peak. Any opinions on this price action?

venom4464

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:51:37 PM

I have 8 invites available for anyone might be interested can use my link: https://wallet.merit.me?invite=tygertyger

I used your invitation to connect, please help me activate it, thanks.
tygertyger7

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:03:10 AM

I used your invitation to connect, please help me activate it, thanks.
I already accepted it. Thank you too Smiley
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:07:26 AM

I have joined the Merit network since the idea is in itself quite mind boggling. The mission of achieving a more effective decentralization than most of the other coins out there through a system of invitations is great.
However after having joined the network I'm having a few doubts. First I had to beg for a few invitations which I could use to convalidate the invitations I would make for my friends. Then, once I've finally managed to invite two friends whom I could validate, now I am unable to supply them with invitations that THEY can use if the want to invite anyone. In other words, the growth of the network in my direction is stuck and so it will probably stay, since we won't spend our time begging for more invitations because we are not beggars, and if it has happened to me and my friends that would probably apply to most of newcomers. Of course, beggars will possibly succeed in getting more invitations, in which case the system is likely to select a population of beggars, not the kind of community I'd like to be part of.
This means that once again early adopters got too much advantage over later adopters, which is the same paradigm of Bitcoin and the other coins - in other words the mission of a better decentralization will probably not be achieved by Merit either.
If I'm wrong I'd like to hear why. If there is no smooth way to allow me and others to perform the "Proof of Growth" without having to beg, then such growth simply won't happen.
KAMO287

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 12:54:20 PM

the mining process seems to be the same as other chains, the invite distribution, the dev decided to keep 10% of them for new miners; that number seem to be manually set
How many MERITs I can get per day if I use 6 AMD 570 4GB graphic cards to mine this one?
Has it been profitable for miners at the moment, current price, current difficulty and block rewards?

You can't mine Merit with AMD cards yet sadly.

KAMO287

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 01:04:02 PM

I have joined the Merit network since the idea is in itself quite mind boggling. The mission of achieving a more effective decentralization than most of the other coins out there through a system of invitations is great.
However after having joined the network I'm having a few doubts. First I had to beg for a few invitations which I could use to convalidate the invitations I would make for my friends. Then, once I've finally managed to invite two friends whom I could validate, now I am unable to supply them with invitations that THEY can use if the want to invite anyone. In other words, the growth of the network in my direction is stuck and so it will probably stay, since we won't spend our time begging for more invitations because we are not beggars, and if it has happened to me and my friends that would probably apply to most of newcomers. Of course, beggars will possibly succeed in getting more invitations, in which case the system is likely to select a population of beggars, not the kind of community I'd like to be part of.
This means that once again early adopters got too much advantage over later adopters, which is the same paradigm of Bitcoin and the other coins - in other words the mission of a better decentralization will probably not be achieved by Merit either.
If I'm wrong I'd like to hear why. If there is no smooth way to allow me and others to perform the "Proof of Growth" without having to beg, then such growth simply won't happen.

Great points! And you are right about the current difficulty's of merit invites. Have you seen this overview video?

https://youtu.be/KrPVbkJ1IZo

I don't think you need to beg to get free invites. Did you ask the person who invited you? Or did you ask on discord? Many of us hand out invites to those who need it for free!

When it comes to getting them on your own, the best place for a casual miner would be to pool mine in the parachute pool. Invites are not distributed by hash power. If you're a serious miner you shouldn't have any issues getting invites from any pool.

I hope that helps explain a few other ways. Invites shouldn't be too easy to get though!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: