Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:03:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are altcoins better than bicoins right now?  (Read 4660 times)
Merit888

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:47:30 PM

With the price of bitcoin continuously going down, do you think that altcoins could be better right now than bitcoins? I trust that bitcoin prices will still rise perhaps next year, but with the price still going down, maybe altcoins have a better chance. What do you guys think?

In my observation, until now btc is the king in the cryptocurrency that has higher price rather than altcoins and of course no coin can beat btc. I think the price of most of altcoins in the market depend by btc's price, so if btc's price increase many altcoins's price raise too and if the price of btc goes down many altcoins's price follow it dump too.
MaiDinhChien

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:51:42 PM

Yes, I have the same thinking. Will better if invest for altcoins right now than Bitcoin. Bitcoin has had strong growth in 2017 so although now bitcoin is currently pretty much dumped, investing in bitcoins will not make much money. So should choose altcoins, first is top altcoins.
Specialforce

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:52:16 PM

Well i think it is recovering now i know that i got a lot of drop prices but do not worry about it it will go up eventually and also without bitcoin the other altcoin wont their so i think bitcoin won this one and i an sure to it

wiak2

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:20:55 PM

With the price of bitcoin continuously going down, do you think that altcoins could be better right now than bitcoins? I trust that bitcoin prices will still rise perhaps next year, but with the price still going down, maybe altcoins have a better chance. What do you guys think?
Today investments in altcoins have ceased to be too risky, there is a wide choice for perspective investments and earnings of investors. But I continue to consider - today the BTC remains better compared to altcoins. It is he who becomes the most reliable option for investment.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:50:46 AM

They are not, bitcoin is still better, even if you are looking at the charts right now you will realize that bitcoin is doing better than the altcoins and they are all still struggling to keep up. Altcoins are good but it still remains that bitcoin is the best coin out of all of the coins. Maybe a time might come when altcoins will be bette but that time is not now
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:46:39 PM

I believe that right now when the price of bitcoin falls down, altcoins are no better than bitcoin because bitcoin has a great influence on altcoins and the price of altcoins also falls down
If you have been in this market for some time you understand very well how this works, when all the market begins to go up the price of altcoins grows faster than the price of bitcoin, but when the opposite happens and we see the price going down we see that the price of altcoins goes down faster than the price of bitcoin and since we're in the middle of a bear market right now the best move is to just hold your bitcoin but once you see a bull market forming it's time to move to altcoins.
Mr.frost

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:58:53 PM

of course not,BTC is still the best coin to have and altcoins are just alternatives that's why it is called altcoins.At the end of the day you will still thinking of having BTC in your wallet.
ihaveaquestion

Activity: 563
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:20:09 AM

I know bitcoin hasn't been doing well lately but BNB has held it's own pretty well through this bear market. Wondering if we will see a nice spike due to the October coin burn. Past results always had a spike 6 to 4 weeks before the burn date.

But so far it hasn't moved. I'm waiting for this...
nameforcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Global loyalty & rewards

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:26:36 AM

It seems to me that there is nothing better than bitcoin. Perhaps other coins can make for you much more profit than bitcoin, but they are not so safe and reliable.

Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 11:30:08 AM

I think that altcoins are not better than bitcoin, if we reffer to price. I think there are some good altcoins project which in time can value at least 3000$ and much more.
handini

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:43:35 AM

As before, I still think today - BTC is better than altcoins. Although altcoins are important for the modern crypto market. In particular, they allow you to get higher income faster. But they also suggest higher risks compared to investments in BTC.
Yes indeed and also BTC isn't fall so deeply while altcoin experience a nightmare on the market. He's so stable right now, still above $6000. On the one side, even though altcoin has a high risk than bitcoin, the results also appear to be worth it, but it always has to be in accordance with our ability to invest.
while this might be altcoin more than bitcoin because the price of bitcoin is still falling dramatically. but the future is still long, maybe being able to excel bitcoin might also be superior to altcoin. all of that depends on relatively high market prices.
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:10:02 PM

I personally like Bitcoin more.

However, it depends on the coin itself really. You could say someone new that altcoins are doing good right now so he/she go and invest on it but then they could just go and buy the wrong one and lose money. The altcoin might recover but that is never certain.

For people that enjoy trading it could be a great opportunity. However for long term investors i believe it's better to stick with the main ones.
yokai21

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:31:59 PM

altcoin is definitely better now because bitcoin prices are so low today and people prefer to invest in altcoin so the cost is greater.

INVECH - SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE - INVECH (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052844.0)
johan36

Activity: 602
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:19:51 PM

Better from which side for the long term or to gain profit in short and medium term , if you want long run investment I will say Bitcoin better , but if you want to trade for long term or medium term use Altcoins .
leslie4u

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:31:23 PM

Well, we cannot compare Bitcoin with Altcoin as both of these currencies have different roles and functions to play. There are few features which is offered by some of the Altcoins which Bitcoin doesn't have and when it comes to global adaption BTC is ranked #1 including trading pairs and listing options. This is what many do, they buy Altcoins and sell them for profit for Bitcoin.

But again different people have different opinions.
honghe99

Activity: 406

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:18:14 AM

At present, altcoin cannot be better than bitcoin. This is true, but if it is the target of short-term trading, then the new altcoin is more suitable for investment, because the new altcoin is easier to double in the short term!

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:20:04 AM

In the bear market allways better strong coins.
Young alts can be gone in this deep faced a crisis

Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:25:20 AM

For me it is not true because I can see that bitcoin is the king and even the other coins or altcoins cannot beat it that is why it is much better that you uses bitcoin rather than other coins. At the same time, this scenario or the happenings in bitcoin might took as an opportunity.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:29:01 AM

Bitcoin was very successful, Altcoin is progress and inheritance advantages Bitcoin. Bitcoin can be replaced by altcoin but digital money will grow strongly!
biochem123

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:32:04 AM

bitcoin is much better, just zoom out a bit, altcoins got rekt over 90% of their value in january and btc is still holding up pretty well
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: