Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:43:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WildRig Multi 0.40.5 multi-algo miner with low dev-fee (AMD/NVIDIA/INTEL)  (Read 91684 times)
melloyellow

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 08:33:43 PM

0.24.0 beta
-added parameter --progpow-kernel(1 or 2 can give better hashrate on different drivers or gpu configuration)
-speedup ProgPow/KawPow up to 10% on pre-Navi gpu's

Compare different --progpow-kernel values(1 or 2) in benchmark(on KawPow add --benchmark --benchmark-epoch 170 on ProgPowZ try --benchmark --benchmark-epoch 17)

Kernel 2 is great for Vega 56's with 19.2 drivers around 19mh/s but I got too many Share Above Target rejects with Send Stale Shares activated.  I turned send stale shares off and it seems to work fine. Is this expected behavior?

edit: As soon as I posted that, I started getting rejects for Share Above Target.
andrucrypt (OP)

Activity: 719
Merit: 49

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 08:36:40 PM

0.24.0 beta
-added parameter --progpow-kernel(1 or 2 can give better hashrate on different drivers or gpu configuration)

Compare different --progpow-kernel values(1 or 2) in benchmark(on KawPow add --benchmark --benchmark-epoch 170 on ProgPowZ try --benchmark --benchmark-epoch 17)

Kernel 2 is great for Vega 56's with 19.2 drivers around 19mh/s but I got too many Share Above Target rejects with Send Stale Shares activated.  I turned send stale shares off and it seems to work fine. Is this expected behavior?

edit: As soon as I posted that, I started getting rejects for Share Above Target.
what pool it is? Difficulty?
melloyellow

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 08:39:38 PM

0.24.0 beta

R9 290 (4Gb) = 12-13 MH/s

What clocks and volts do you run your 290s and 390s at? 
melloyellow

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 08:41:04 PM

0.24.0 beta

Nicehash    256M

The rejects don't happen all the time.  Could it be the person that 'rented' my hash pointed it to a bad pool?
Would a newer driver work better?
andrucrypt (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 08:49:09 PM

0.24.0 beta

Nicehash    256M

The rejects don't happen all the time.  Could it be the person that 'rented' my hash pointed it to a bad pool?
Looks I have found the reason. Job target should be all 256 bits, not just 64 bit I check. Will fix that in next release. But this is not critical, since miner shouldn't send this solutions anyway. What about drivers, I prefer good old one 18.3.4 or 18.6.1
melloyellow

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 09:04:43 PM

0.24.0 beta

Nicehash    256M

Looks I have found the reason. Job target should be all 256 bits, not just 64 bit I check. Will fix that in next release. But this is not critical, since miner shouldn't send this solutions anyway. What about drivers, I prefer good old one 18.3.4 or 18.6.1

I'm using 19.2     I don't think the miner is sending the solutions, it disconnects, then recompiles the kernel.  Then the rejects start over again.
melloyellow

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 09:23:50 PM

0.24.0 beta

Nicehash    256M

I'm using 19.2     I don't think the miner is sending the solutions, it disconnects, then recompiles the kernel.  Then the rejects start over again.

I think I misled you about the amount of rejects, it's pretty much all of them.  I can't use kernel 2 at all the way it is now.  I'm stuck using kernel 0 or 1 which give me about 14 mh/s.  A hotfix would be greatly appreciated, you have the only public stable AMD kapow miner.
cjwallsg

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 10:37:56 PM

0.24.0 beta

R9 290 (4Gb) = 12-13 MH/s

What clocks and volts do you run your 290s and 390s at? 

For both 390 and 290 downvolted -25mv. Core clocks 1100 for 390s and 1000 for 290s
Chef22

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 12:35:43 AM

So I am trying to change the dev fee while mining BCX and it will not switch from 2 %. Also, why does the dev pool mine for 2 minutes every 1 and a half hours? That's a lot more than 2 %
andrucrypt (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 04:53:54 AM

So I am trying to change the dev fee while mining BCX and it will not switch from 2 %. Also, why does the dev pool mine for 2 minutes every 1 and a half hours? That's a lot more than 2 %
For different shitcoins I left 2%(will update first post). And dev pool mine not every 1:30, but every 98 minutes in this case. Simple math 98 + 2 = 100
andrucrypt (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 04:54:39 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2020, 06:08:27 AM by andrucrypt

0.24.0 beta

Nicehash    256M

I'm using 19.2     I don't think the miner is sending the solutions, it disconnects, then recompiles the kernel.  Then the rejects start over again.

I think I misled you about the amount of rejects, it's pretty much all of them.  I can't use kernel 2 at all the way it is now.  I'm stuck using kernel 0 or 1 which give me about 14 mh/s.  A hotfix would be greatly appreciated, you have the only public stable AMD kapow miner.
Hmmm, now this is too weird. Does this happen with pools or just NiceHash? And can you show logs or do you remember the diff that miner show near the "new job" message?

ps: testing here kernel 2 for more than hour on RX590 and drivers 20.2.1 on NiceHash and have no problems...
Chef22

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 11:55:40 AM

For different shitcoins I left 2%(will update first post). And dev pool mine not every 1:30, but every 98 minutes in this case. Simple math 98 + 2 = 100

Ok so it will remain 2% ? All good if so, miner works great Smiley
andrucrypt (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 08:04:11 PM

0.24.1 beta
- fixed broken non-progpow algorithms
- progpow-kernel now set to 2 for Vega
- tune up slightly progpow kernel 2

I think I misled you about the amount of rejects, it's pretty much all of them.  I can't use kernel 2 at all the way it is now.  I'm stuck using kernel 0 or 1 which give me about 14 mh/s.  A hotfix would be greatly appreciated, you have the only public stable AMD kapow miner.
Looks like NiceHash sending weird seed phrase sometimes(read it from z-enemy dev), and maybe this is a reason of your problem. Right now I have no idea what can I do here, but will look into it.
melloyellow

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 09:08:34 PM

0.24.1 beta

Looks like NiceHash sending weird seed phrase sometimes(read it from z-enemy dev), and maybe this is a reason of your problem. Right now I have no idea what can I do here, but will look into it.

That's interesting, but I haven't noticed it the problem with my 290 machines.  I'll test a different pool, then I'll try different drivers, and report back.
cjwallsg

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 09:14:20 PM

The kernel number "0" is the best kernel for my 290s and 390s for now.
melloyellow

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 09:54:10 PM

0.24.1 beta

That's interesting, but I haven't noticed it the problem with my 290 machines.  I'll test a different pool, then I'll try different drivers, and report back.

Tested at 2miners and it worked fine.  Went back to nicehash and it works fine.  I guess the z-enemy dev got in touch with them.

Nice work on 0.24.1, I got a little speed boost.
melloyellow

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 10:52:41 PM

0.24.1 beta

Tested at 2miners and it worked fine.  Went back to nicehash and it works fine.  I guess the z-enemy dev got in touch with them.

Well, the problem came back.  Could it be that the nicehash buyer is pointing it at a bad pool or doesn't know how to set it up?
cjwallsg

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 11:47:36 PM

0.24.1 beta

Well, the problem came back.  Could it be that the nicehash buyer is pointing it at a bad pool or doesn't know how to set it up?

Hello, I suggest to mine directly RVN in RavenMiner Pool, using Static Diff. I was mining the first days in nicehash and the avg hashrate was 20% under the displayed in the WildRig miner console. Now in mining in the pool the hashrate is almost 100% of displayed by miner.
melloyellow

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 01:26:47 AM

0.24.1 beta

I just noticed at the nicehash site that it says I don't have xnsub activated, yet I did not put "--no-extranonce" in my bat...
melloyellow

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 01:28:51 AM

0.24.1 beta

Hello, I suggest to mine directly RVN in RavenMiner Pool, using Static Diff. I was mining the first days in nicehash and the avg hashrate was 20% under the displayed in the WildRig miner console. Now in mining in the pool the hashrate is almost 100% of displayed by miner.

Yes I should be doing that, and may switch to it, but I'm just a little too busy now.  Maybe I should focus on that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: