Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:47:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NENG]Nengcoin - A Decentralized Multi-Rig Solo Mining Scrypt Coin  (Read 45993 times)
honglu69 (OP)

Activity: 1553
Merit: 23

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 11:45:24 PM

This block time is not constant.  It is long and short depending the mining situation.   It resets because long period of long mining block time longer than targeted 1 minute per block after big ASIC miners left.

Overall the mining block time is close to 1 minute.  From beginning of coin genesis time to now,  345 days,  total of 706174 blocks. Did a math, roughly  40 seconds per block. Off by 40%, but not dramatically different.

The faster the blocktime,  then the quicker to get mining reward half event.  Originally the half will happen in 4 years, but 40 seconds per block, we get half in less than 3 years in stead of 4 years.

I know the problem of less caring ASIC miners, of course, I only hope it will not frustrate too much of the more long term oriented people.

Greez

n

Yes,  ASIC  come in and drive up difficulty and then leave.  They will jump in when it resets at low diff and make a killing on instant mining.  Not happening for NENG mining.  ASIC big miners still do the same rotation thing, but no instant mining reward for ASIC,  the  big profiting group on resets are NENG GPU miners.  I think we figured a way of spreading out mining rewards to ASIC/GPU/CPU equitably among three groups of miners with current design of NENG DynDiff on top of scrypt while 51% attack risk is dramatically reduced.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 03:49:46 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2020, 04:31:10 PM by honglu69

How to setup Solo Mining with GPU?

Discord conversation on this topic:

Shitcoin MaximalistYesterday at 5:18 PM
how do u solo mine with a gpu?

honglu69Yesterday at 5:56 PM
@Shitcoin Maximalist the only difference between pool mining and solo mining is that you will need to run a full node of NENG at local machine , then use different command line accordingly.
Below is the way I do solo mining is in Windows 10 on Nvidia GTX 1050 GPU.  
(1) Follow  how to CPU mining YouTube guide, run full node.  
(2) Then download Cheetah CPU software, not running Cheetah,  mainly taking the NewEnglandcoin.conf  configuration  set up , same as in YouTube guide.  Restart NENG wallet and solo mine.  
(3) Install CUDA8 for Nvidia GTX 1050.   I will post my ccminer command here, NENG_ccminer.bat file:
Code:
ccminer -a scrypt   --url=127.0.0.1:6376 -u  fullnode_rpcuser  -p  fullnode_rpcpassword  -f 6000 -i 20 --no-stratum --no-extranonce

pause

The NENG full node needs to be running in the same machine using my above ccminer solo mining script.  This is quite similar to Cheetah_Cpuminer.   In stead of running Cheetah, you will run ccminer solo mining script.
Different mining software might needs a different option for solo mining command.  The above worked for Windows 10 using ccminer 2.2.2 on a CUDA8 Nvidia card setup.

USB ASIC - Futurebit Moonlander 2 on solo mining mode
Best Practice for Futurebit Moonlander2 USB ASIC on solo mining mode
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5027091.msg55599812#msg55599812
YuSoDum

Activity: 164
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 04:13:08 PM

I have the same question...But with AMD cards. I have a few AMD cards that I want to mine with . I tried SGminer 4.2.1 with little success, so just mining with CPU/cheetah at the moment. Any ideas?
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 04:31:05 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2019, 04:42:18 PM by honglu69

I have the same question...But with AMD cards. I have a few AMD cards that I want to mine with . I tried SGminer 4.2.1 with little success, so just mining with CPU/cheetah at the moment. Any ideas?

I do not know anything about AMD cards.  First, make sure you get your AMD cards pool mining working.  Make sure it works on any scrypt coin mining (Litecoin, Dogecoin, NewYorkcoin, etc). If it works on regular scrypt coin mining, it works on NENG.   Make sure the card works with scrypt.

After that, you can follow the same approach I mentioned above,  download wallet, cheetah, set proper configuration file, then run solo mining.  The same setup should also run Cheetah CPU mining when Solo GPU mining stops.   The solo GPU mining uses same software as the pool mining, just a different command.
YuSoDum

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 05:16:43 PM

I do not know anything about AMD cards.  First, make sure you get your AMD cards pool mining working.  Make sure it works on any scrypt coin mining (Litecoin, Dogecoin, NewYorkcoin, etc). If it works on regular scrypt coin mining, it works on NENG.   Make sure the card works with scrypt.

After that, you can follow the same approach I mentioned above,  download wallet, cheetah, set proper configuration file, then run solo mining.  The same setup should also run Cheetah CPU mining when Solo GPU mining stops.   The solo GPU mining uses same software as the pool mining, just a different command.

I tried that with SGminer, one of my rigs likes it one doesnt. Ill try an older CGminer later today with my 4 gpu setup and see. SGminer works fine on my little one card tower. Thank you for the input.
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 05:25:40 PM

I tried that with SGminer, one of my rigs likes it one doesnt. Ill try an older CGminer later today with my 4 gpu setup and see. SGminer works fine on my little one card tower. Thank you for the input.

Make sure you have four full nodes running for 4 GPUs solo mining.  This is also a big difference between pool mining vs solo mining.  One full node only has one rpcport, and only allows one connection, either cheetah CPU or one GPU solo miner.  You could run multiple full nodes in same PC though on different ports,  so that you got multiple GPUs running with multiple full nodes in same PC.  

As far as I know, I am not aware of anyway allowing multiple GPUs connect to same full node simultaneously.
YuSoDum

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 06:09:19 PM

how do I run 4 nodes? lol been awhile since ive messed with this.
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 06:31:56 PM

how do I run 4 nodes? lol been awhile since ive messed with this.

Linux command for running separate full node in same machine:

newenglandcoin-qt -port=8379  -rpcport=8378 -datadir=/home/myuser/.newenglandcoin5

probably similar for windows bat file, a command to specify a different  port, rpcport, plus a different folder
YuSoDum

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 07:07:36 PM

Ok thank you. I'll try this a little later. I might actually switch to linux mint/dual boot..depending on my folding at home setup. Thank you again.
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 01:52:11 PM

Base diff reset already. Boom for GPU solo miners. Base diff around 0.0005
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 01:15:45 PM

Base diff has been between 0.07 and 0.000244 for a while. now at 0.07 base difficulty,  both GPU and small ASIC rigs are doing OK.  CPU Cheetah miners should also get better yield now.  Large ASIC RIGs are doing poorly because base diff is still too low for large ASIC rigs. 
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 01:15:20 PM

base diff just reset to very low level. Another boom for GPU miners.
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 06:10:23 PM

NENG graphic logo bounty is extended to September 30, 2019.  August new sign up for airdrop is paid out.  Bots signup with no twitter following were automatically excluded and disqualified for twitter airdrop.
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 06:48:39 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2019, 06:58:51 PM by honglu69

NewEnglandcoin (NENG) is Selected as Shoreline Tradingbot First Supported Coin

What is Shoreline TradingBot?
Shoreline TradingBot is open sourced project that offers simple trading strategy for cryptocurrency listed at ShorelineCrypto Exchange. The current trading strategies available are "buysell", "buyonly", "sellonly" on fixed price and fixed amount.

ShorelineCrypto Exchange API interface will be used in this python code.

NewEnglandcoin (NENG) will be Tested
While the tradingbot is expected to work on all coins listed at ShorelineCrypto exchange, only NewEnglandcoin (NENG) on DOGE-NENG pair will be tested fully by dev.

github source:  
https://github.com/ShorelineCrypto/shoreline_tradingbot
nxtraordinary

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

Pool for Future-Airdrops already at 9.000.000 NDL

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 12:53:54 PM

I do appreciate the work that is done here!

By the way, Happy Birthday to NENG!

@honglu69

Have you ever thought of listing NENG at a further Exchange, despite it is the underlying curreny of your platform?

At the moment you are still under 20% mined coins, e.g. Yobit would cost not too much, compared to others.

https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/

In a year or so it might be perhaps - too late. As in a bull run the fees for listings will strongly rise as it has been in 2017/2018, I do expect.

And: A further listing could be a promotion tool for your scrypt-coins-platform shoreline-crypto, as well.

Greetings!

n.

Before we begin, we should take a hard look at ourselves first.

(galgitron)

~

NDL Donations for future Airdrops: Ngo2somW9pLj4QC8cyHWKjrpTRYm
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 05:38:40 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 06:35:13 PM by honglu69

I do appreciate the work that is done here!

By the way, Happy Birthday to NENG!

@honglu69

Have you ever thought of listing NENG at a further Exchange, despite it is the underlying curreny of your platform?

At the moment you are still under 20% mined coins, e.g. Yobit would cost not too much, compared to others.

https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/

In a year or so it might be perhaps - too late. As in a bull run the fees for listings will strongly rise as it has been in 2017/2018, I do expect.

And: A further listing could be a promotion tool for your scrypt-coins-platform shoreline-crypto, as well.

Greetings!

n.

Congratulations for 1 year of NewEnglandcoin!

For the question of more listing on more exchanges.  The road block is mainly the funding.  To be honest, there are really no funding from anywhere for paying that much (0.1 btc) for other exchanges for NENG.
Other than the funding, there are no issues for listing in other exchanges, as dev I will provide as much as support including wallet compiling etc work or advise for it to happen.

I myself now have dual role in crypto world.  First, I am  dev of NewEnglandcoin under voluntary base with no pay.  I do not expect to have any pay beyond you specified, an already 0.8 billion premine NENG for dev team mainly for development on software side.  Second,  I operate a local New England business ShorelineCrypto exchange for profit.  They are closely related because of NENG, but they are two different kind of purpose and I am trying my best to separate these two without affecting either.  They should benefit each other in the long run in my take.

The motivation for me on NewEnglandcoin initially was mainly an educational or intellectual curiosity bases.  I love bitcoin, and in the last two years I invested quite a lot in bitcoin personally. and that is my main investment interest in crypto world. I am not bitcoin maximalist and believe there are other coins for utility and cultural reasons.  Here comes NENG.  initially was a coin for me to learn bitcoin,  bitcoin-RPC programming, shoreline exchange setup,  bitcoin mining,  51% attack prevention with DynDiff etc.  I live in New England, and this is where my love is culturally, that is naturally a coin for New England, used for my business ShorelineCrypto exchange.

In the long run,  NENG is in comfortable position the way I see it.  First shorelinecrypto exchange operate in low cost fashion and I have funding here available for it to run no matter what for at least next several years.
This means that no matter what NENG will be traded 24 hours a day and 7 days a week in next several years in no matter what to crypto world bull/bear mood.   I myself is committed to NENG dev so that we have at least one dev on the coin no matter what.

What the coin lacks is the marketing and community interest side.  Compared to NewYorkcoin (NYC), the community activity is drastically smaller, and probably that is why NENG only trades at less than 1% of market cap of New York coin.  I would hope the community gets much bigger and a community based committee takes over the decision making on this coin for funding, donation, marketing activities, more exchange listing etc.  The community is not there, we are still in this stage where dev activity is actually a lot more stronger than community activities.

On the other hand, this may be a reason for other people to join.   Low price also means bigger profit in the future when the community/dev actions together push this coin price higher.
Bigger By The Day

Activity: 641
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 11:34:10 AM

https://altmarkets.io/voting 

good exchanger to list and cheap  - by voting   under $50

Jeronimo99

Activity: 105

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 03:48:38 AM

NENG MINING POOL - FEE 1% Payouts are made automatically every 1 hours

-o stratum+tcp://pool.ga:3433 -u NijiLwfGU3LqZAK3u7D69u58WKseixsMoZ -p c=NENG

admin e-mail privatwallet@gmail.com
Bigger By The Day

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2019, 12:29:46 PM

NENG MINING POOL - FEE 1% Payouts are made automatically every 1 hours

-o stratum+tcp://pool.ga:3433 -u NijiLwfGU3LqZAK3u7D69u58WKseixsMoZ -p c=NENG

admin e-mail privatwallet@gmail.com

great i mine neng at your pool

i want to mine quebecoin scrypt algo also  to your pool  Smiley
if you add this coin - you have only neng now
Bigger By The Day

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2019, 12:30:52 PM

hard to make any neng now - hashrate is high now
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: