Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:43:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TeamRedMiner - Old Thread  (Read 85753 times)
Divinity666

Activity: 312
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:52:48 AM

Does this miner support Fiji?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 09:57:34 AM

Is it so hard for you to look through the 1 st page ? It says only Lyra2z and PHI2 !

Lol not sure what dumber the original question or the response. Fiji are an older series of AMD graphics cards Almody not a mining algorithm.
rubine2323

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:22:43 AM

Why not just try it out ?
Almody

Activity: 259
Merit: 34

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:11:46 AM

Is it so hard for you to look through the 1 st page ? It says only Lyra2z and PHI2 !

Lol not sure what dumber the original question or the response. Fiji are an older series of AMD graphics cards Almody not a mining algorithm.
My bad bro, but generally it's too many questions that people asked not even looking  through the firs page of the topic, so I wrote the answer  automatically !
kerney666

Activity: 658
Merit: 86

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:13:16 PM

Afaik Fiji should be able to load the same kernels as Ellesmere/Baffin. That said, we haven’t tested on any Fiji card, and I haven’t heard of anyone using the miner for Fiji.

So, please try and report back. I have to double check our platform detection code, it might also be that we just don’t detect and accept Fiji.
avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:15:16 PM

Following up on the API topic: like many have pointed out, there are many pros with implementing a known API. However, we believe it needs to be both open source and a multi-algo miner API, which disqualifies some suggestions. Since we're AMD only, the natural target is sgminer, it makes it much easier for us to test things. Therefore, we're targeting the following setup in an upcoming release:

• Implement the sgminer API v4.0 (sgminer 5.5-gm is a good reference)
  • We will not have time to add ADL/sysfs support for fans/temps, that will be added later.
  • We will support both the ugly text-based and json-based formats.
  • No privileged commands will be supported for now, the API is read-only.
  • We will verify correctness against a few known monitoring tools, Awesome Miner is one of them. If you have other suggestions, let us know.
  • PCIe bus id for each gpu will be displayed on startup and made available over the API to map cards against other tools.

Would be nice if it will be compatible with Claymore's EthMan, for example like ethminer - https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/pull/253
kerney666

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 02:26:15 PM

Following up on the API topic: like many have pointed out, there are many pros with implementing a known API. However, we believe it needs to be both open source and a multi-algo miner API, which disqualifies some suggestions. Since we're AMD only, the natural target is sgminer, it makes it much easier for us to test things. Therefore, we're targeting the following setup in an upcoming release:

• Implement the sgminer API v4.0 (sgminer 5.5-gm is a good reference)
  • We will not have time to add ADL/sysfs support for fans/temps, that will be added later.
  • We will support both the ugly text-based and json-based formats.
  • No privileged commands will be supported for now, the API is read-only.
  • We will verify correctness against a few known monitoring tools, Awesome Miner is one of them. If you have other suggestions, let us know.
  • PCIe bus id for each gpu will be displayed on startup and made available over the API to map cards against other tools.

Would be nice if it will be compatible with Claymore's EthMan, for example like ethminer - https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/pull/253

Imho it's not a good fit, and it violates both of the conditions we set up (open source and a multi-algo miner API by design). It just doesn't sit right to use a ethash-centric miner API with a miner that doesn't do ethereum but rather a range of algos, we're just getting started on that front. For ethminer it's a very different ballgame though.

That said, if someone wants to write a little API adapter in e.g. Python, I think it's a great idea! I could even do it myself if I ever find a few hours to spare when we're done with the initial sgminer implementation. Building little adapters in a language who can massage json natively is just a so much better solution than pushing everything down into C code in the miner, it's so much more work writing the necessary boilerplate code down there.

lebuawu2

Activity: 176
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:19:06 AM

You've developed great software! It worked for months, not hanging and not requiring maintenance at all! Unfortunately, the lyra2z died, I had to switch to another algorithm. But thank you for my time saved. I hope that you'll increase the number of supported algos. Today we need cryptonight v8. =)

Thank you for the kind words! Todxx is the main target for your sunshine though Smiley. It’s quite possible that we will roll out CNv8 in a few weeks. The upside is limited due to the memory-bound characteristics of the algo, but we’ll see where we end up. For CN Heavy, I’m quite confident we will produce the fastest miner so far. Dev time is the limiting factor for us right now.

Hi,

Will you release CN-V8 support before 18 Oct? is it including CN variant like Heavy, Haven, and Saber?

Thanks.
kerney666

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:03:08 AM

Hi,

Will you release CN-V8 support before 18 Oct? is it including CN variant like Heavy, Haven, and Saber?

Thanks.

We'll try to make a big push, but I can't promise we'll make it in time. It will for sure not include the large number of CN variants out there. CNv8 is the first target, anything else is a bonus. Heavy and the closely related ones are second on the list though unless anything changes. We're currently battling both trying to whip the miner into better shape with api etc as well as adding more algos, stretched a bit thin atm.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 11:31:10 AM

Is there an ETA on the API support? I can't monitor half my farm if I use your miner..

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
kerney666

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:23:23 PM

Is there an ETA on the API support? I can't monitor half my farm if I use your miner..

Just before writing this I completed the full API layer supporting the necessary read-only subset of the sgminer API, I'm currently monitoring using Awesome Miner.

The remaining parts are (1) adding more stats inside the miner, many values are fudged or hardcoded in my current test version and (2) do some intense testing. I would say that this will be released within 4-5 days with a very high probability, hopefully earlier as well.
soothaa

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:42:41 PM

Just before writing this I completed the full API layer supporting the necessary read-only subset of the sgminer API, I'm currently monitoring using Awesome Miner.

The remaining parts are (1) adding more stats inside the miner, many values are fudged or hardcoded in my current test version and (2) do some intense testing. I would say that this will be released within 4-5 days with a very high probability, hopefully earlier as well.
Awesome!  Grin

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
peteris-apse

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 07:26:02 PM

mining lux on several amd rigs with hiveos. works great. i just used same oc settings as if mining lyra2z. power consumption os like 3% less than lyra2z on same oc settings.
soothaa

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:16:05 PM

Make my weekend and release the API support today/tomorrow  Cheesy

patrike
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 01:18:33 PM

Thanks for working on the API part.

I've received a number of requests from users running Awesome Miner to include support for your mining software. If you have any beta version of the software with API enabled, please send me a PM and I can start the integration work. Thanks!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
kerney666

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:29:30 PM

Thanks for working on the API part.

I've received a number of requests from users running Awesome Miner to include support for your mining software. If you have any beta version of the software with API enabled, please send me a PM and I can start the integration work. Thanks!

Hi Patrike!

Awesome Miner is our test benchmark, so the integration work should be trivial for you: just clone/rename your sgminer integration. Since we clearly mark our whole miner as a beta for now, we'll probably make the first version with API publicly immediately. I'll reach out if we decide to do a private test release for 3rd party monitoring providers though!

In general, we're working crazy to get MoneroV8 / CNv2 ready for the fork, otherwise the API would have been ready by now. Still hoping for a release very shortly.

SigiSinatra

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:37:57 AM

Please don't forget to implement rocm driver support. Does vega rig work with amd-pro ?
Thank you.
kerney666

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:39:46 AM

Please don't forget to implement rocm driver support. Does vega rig work with amd-pro ?
Thank you.

We have rewritten the platform detection and added the necessary support, both rocm and amdgpu-pro will be supported in all Linux releases going forward (Vega as well as Polaris).

I don’t have any experience with the setup myself, but amdgpu-pro >= 18.30 should support vega.
soothaa

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:22:47 PM

Any update on the API?  Grin

todxx (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 76

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:37:28 AM

Any update on the API?  Grin

Hey soothaa,

We have the API mostly done, but we need to do a bit more testing.
Unfortunately, because we're so busy getting cnv8 working, we don't have the time to do a separate release for just the API before doing another release for cnv8.
We should have the next release out with API and cnv8 support by Oct 18th, hopefully a bit sooner.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: