Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:10:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty needs KYC to receive reward?  (Read 2340 times)
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:09:48 AM

You should understand that many countries have adopted the same type of regulatory practices as the US when it comes to investments and receiving benefits from ICO. These restrictions are placed on projects by governments not just because they feel like making your life more difficult. Besides that, it is an excellent way to stop Account farmers making multiple claims on the bounty and taking an unfair share of the pot before others.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CutePanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:22:18 AM

Sure if you believe in that project i think we should doing that and KYC is the only option we have, if we don't wanna do it they can't give us the reward. But i just do kyc for a big reward, not for a few token.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Robert de Crypto

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:33:21 AM

Most of the bounty is not required the KYC procedure but one of them ask for that. I always consider joining the bounty that asks the KYC procedure. Almost my bounties do not need to pass the KYC but I joined two bounties that need the KYC procedure and I am in cos I think the token is worthed. 
duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:36:03 AM

Although KYC can effectively avoid using multiple accounts, the privacy of our participants through KYC will be revealed. If it's a fake project, then our privacy will be the way they make money!

Tanya12356

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:21:07 AM

Something this year bounty is not happy with their projects. Embarrassed
paxaway21

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:15:39 PM

Some ico don't need kyc also for claiming their rewards if you are a bounty hunter.
Every ico have some ways to build a project and different thinking for doing it.
Captain Sneeze

Activity: 351
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:50:53 PM

I've been in the bounties in this past few weeks in order to do something in order to have some earnings in my free time, probably to join a signature campaign since it's doesn't required a full time to do it and you hold your own time to complete the tasks needed by the campaign.

After hovering for a couple of page there's one campaign that gets my attention because of its presentation and the concept and solutions of their project to the existing problem (Whitepaper) so to make it short it's a legitimate project, after reading the thread there's a note stated that "Campaign requires KYC." well i'm not from the US but this concerns me, for what I've known a KYC stands for "Know your CUSTOMER" so basically it's for the investors or the customer of the certain project.

According to Wikipedia a "Know your customer is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients and assessing potential risks of illegal intentions for the business relationship. The term is also used to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities."

In my understanding a KYC is a document needed in order to know the credibility of a certain person (investor) if the money they going to invest came from illegal works, money laundering and also to know the status of a person if he/she is has a criminal records for the certain country, etc. but in this case it's required in order to get the rewards.

As a bounty hunter and a fellow forum user this concerns me. Giving personal details to anyone on the internet is VERY DANGEROUS in today's era we can't live without using technologies including online banking, etc. it means they can use your personal datas in order to do illegal works and the likes, but let me give you the advantages and disadvantages of it (According to my own perspective) why they're requiring users to pass KYC documents in doing bounty works.

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid users who uses multiple accounts
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers
- To get personal infos and used to illegal works (It might be right?)

Effects: (For bounty hunters)
- Risk

Summary:
There are different possible reasons why the project requires the users to submit KYC documents. Probably a good reason or a bad reason but no matter what sending a personal documents or a personal valid ID is very risk for the users.

Solutions:
There are some ways in order to avoid risk in sending personal details/KYC to bounty campaigns
- Review the project
- Read every technical details
- Review each team member
- If the projects seems unprofessional it's a scam

but the safest way is not to send any information of yourself on the internet.

Disclaimer: All of the statement, solutions, etc. above are according to my observations, opinions and perspective on the said topic it might be right to others or wrong to others. This section might be wrong (I don't know where to post, maybe in meta? please correct me.) but I posted here because most of the bounty hunters are wandering in this section.
I think having a KYC in the bounty to receive an reward is very risky for he bounty hunters because having a kyc is giving your personal details so that you can join on the bounty campaign. But I think it was also a good idea of having a kyc because we can avoid multiple accounts in the campaign.
Akorharrison

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:55:09 PM

yes to me I don't truly accept the releasing of self identification because bounty program..

we don't really know why and how why do they need our details for such purpose, bounty participants are not meant to give out there ful details to unknnown people. i think kyc are only for project investors.
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 04:00:01 PM

Most campaigns require KYC to prevent users from using multiple accounts. It also helps the team members to identify the investors and identify scammed too.

travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:06:00 PM

Although KYC can effectively avoid using multiple accounts, the privacy of our participants through KYC will be revealed. If it's a fake project, then our privacy will be the way they make money!

This is not as effective a technique as you think, now you can buy other people's documents for the passage of this procedure for only 5 $ -10 $. Identifying multi-account and dishonest bounty hunters should be the work of a bounty manager.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
Cactushrt

Activity: 952
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:08:51 PM

Most campaigns require KYC to prevent users from using multiple accounts. It also helps the team members to identify the investors and identify scammed too.
But they should atleast inform the bounty hunters that KYC will be needed because i can see projects they will announce it after bouty ends

▄▄█████▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀█▌
             ▄████▀    ▀▄▀
    ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀       █▌
 ▄█▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄     ▄█▀
██▌        ██▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄██▀
███▄▄▄     ███ ▄▄███▀▀
 ▀▀███████ ███▐██▀▀▄██
     ▀▀▀▀▀ ███     ███▌
           ▐██     ▐██▌
           ▐██▄    ▐██
            ▀██▄ ▄▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄
Catena

▀██     ▄██▀
██▄ ▄██▀
▀█████
██
▄█████
██▀ ▀██▄
▄██     ▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
██████▀▀███████████▀▀██████
██████    ▀     ▀    ██████
██████               ██████
█████▌               ▐█████
█████                 █████
█████▌               ▐█████
███████▄           ▄███████
████▄▀████▀     ▀██████████
█████▄ ▀▀▀       ██████████
███████▄▄▄       ██████████
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:30:39 PM

This is indeed a risky action to take. I usually avoid bounties which have a KYC requirement as much as i can.
Peoples can use your KYC to make fake account, fake information, etc. But if you know it is a legal company and won't use your KYC to anything illegal,
then it is ok to do KYC because it is verified. Not only hunters, but investors are usually doing KYC when investing.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:48:02 PM

The thing is, that a lot of bounty campaigns say that they require KYC almost by the end of the campaign itself, leaving the bounty hunters with no choice, otherwise they will get no rewards for their work.
A very bad technique deploy to cut the number of participants who will be rewarded, i wonder why such bad act is common with campaign priestly those project should be tag as scam by participant on forum.
nik9990

Activity: 616

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:51:32 PM

not always, it all depends on the conditions of the campaign, most often it will not be required

Yalovtsev

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:54:57 PM

Well there are 2 sides of the coin,one that, Yes,drop out of work,and so on,less people will participate in the bounty and more money will be,and berating the party that they can just the same, thank KYC adinamii normal people who have done the bounty,in principle, managers do,and part of the proceeds of Bautista take,and where the General throw,thanks to KYC

kolsernik

Activity: 722
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:02:59 PM

All participants in the bounty are faced with a difficult dilemma. To refuse KYC is not to receive payment for their work. Agree to provide KYC with an opportunity to get into fraudsters.All of the projects in which I participated and  were asked to fill in KYC generously rewarded me.And I hope they don't use my documents in bad affairs.
Blamsud

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:26:03 PM

All participants in the bounty are faced with a difficult dilemma. To refuse KYC is not to receive payment for their work. Agree to provide KYC with an opportunity to get into fraudsters.All of the projects in which I participated and  were asked to fill in KYC generously rewarded me.And I hope they don't use my documents in bad affairs.
Just make sure that it will be un by professionals personnel, better know if the project is really a registered company then t will be fine to do so, it will give more high profit in bounty since not all want to comply in KYC.
simak84

Activity: 616
Merit: 41

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:11:36 AM

Great article and all of the above is true. But still the risks of data leakage are very high.
Now and in large projects there are missing data getting on the Internet, and what to say about small ones, which in the end may even turn out to be a scam.
Sincerely yours.
nemesio

Activity: 253

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:15:52 PM

I've been in the bounties in this past few weeks in order to do something in order to have some earnings in my free time, probably to join a signature campaign since it's doesn't required a full time to do it and you hold your own time to complete the tasks needed by the campaign.

After hovering for a couple of page there's one campaign that gets my attention because of its presentation and the concept and solutions of their project to the existing problem (Whitepaper) so to make it short it's a legitimate project, after reading the thread there's a note stated that "Campaign requires KYC." well i'm not from the US but this concerns me, for what I've known a KYC stands for "Know your CUSTOMER" so basically it's for the investors or the customer of the certain project.

According to Wikipedia a "Know your customer is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients and assessing potential risks of illegal intentions for the business relationship. The term is also used to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities."

In my understanding a KYC is a document needed in order to know the credibility of a certain person (investor) if the money they going to invest came from illegal works, money laundering and also to know the status of a person if he/she is has a criminal records for the certain country, etc. but in this case it's required in order to get the rewards.

As a bounty hunter and a fellow forum user this concerns me. Giving personal details to anyone on the internet is VERY DANGEROUS in today's era we can't live without using technologies including online banking, etc. it means they can use your personal datas in order to do illegal works and the likes, but let me give you the advantages and disadvantages of it (According to my own perspective) why they're requiring users to pass KYC documents in doing bounty works.

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers

- Risk

Summary:
There are different possible reasons why the project requires the users to submit KYC documents. Probably a good reason or a bad reason but no matter what sending a personal documents or a personal valid ID is very risk for the users.

Solutions:
There are some ways in order to avoid risk in sending personal details/KYC to bounty campaigns
- Review the project

Disclaimer: All of the statement, solutions, etc. above are according to my observations, opinions and perspective on the said topic it might be right to others or wrong to others. This section might be wrong (I don't know where to post, maybe in meta? please correct me.) but I posted here because most of the bounty hunters are wandering in this section.

I believe that it is necessary only for the creators of this bounty. For the participants it is very problematic. In addition, the trust is much less to the projects that decide to resort to KYC because not everyone wants to leave their data
paveel90

Activity: 255

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:18:03 PM

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers

- Risk

Summary:

Solutions:
- Review the project

Now I am categorically against this procedure. For me, KYC is very difficult and I do not want to leave my passport details to just anyone. I prefer to participate in bounty projects that don't have such a useless procedure
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: