Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:06:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy on ICO or buy after being exchanged?  (Read 18518 times)
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 12:41:14 PM

I see and observe recently that many ICOs are below the ICO price when they touch the exchange. Do you think it's a smart step to wait for an exchange and buy the tokens you want?
For me it depends on ICO kind If its a promising ,useful and has true use case I will still participate during the early ICO rounds because the token price in these stage was still cheap and the Bonus round is intact. I will choose to invest in ICO rather that to buy on the exchange  if those ICO platform characteristics is present.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 12:53:52 PM

If you buy token on exchange you will buy token for much lower price, there is a trend that after token listing price dump to the lowest possible numbers.

chits

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 12:58:43 PM

After all, the price after entering the exchange in almost every case is less than the ICO price. The choice is obvious, if, of course, the project is still not fraudulent. But if the project is powerful and in demand, as much as possible tested, then there is an opportunity to earn good money on bonuses during ICO
ridha inoue

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 01:01:24 PM

Buy when listed on exchange is the best choose for now.
Look at the bad market now, and many ICO fail and scam alert.
Just buy in exchange, that is safe now.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
as9ardia

Activity: 541
Merit: 137

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 01:54:53 PM

I see and observe recently that many ICOs are below the ICO price when they touch the exchange. Do you think it's a smart step to wait for an exchange and buy the tokens you want?

Here's what i'm doing recently
If the project (good project and u wanna invest) have some bounty campaign, then I'll wait till the distribution of bounty token and then buy from when it's available on exchange official or not official listed (i.e buy on forkdelta, etc). other mean i'm not buying on ICO phase.

But if there's didn't have bounty campaign, then Pre-ICO or Private Sale is good choice i think

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 02:15:52 PM

There are many tokens after be sold at ICO, they are never listed in market and they are also just zero, there is no any value. So, wait to buy when they are listed in market will more guarantee for you

Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 02:27:28 PM

now in retrospect the question is easy to answer. buy on the exchange.
but at the beginning of last year, when the hype was huge, everyone jumped on ico´s. and lost Lips sealed
crispyfry211

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 02:50:07 PM

I prefer buying on exchangers because of lower volume or lower price of tokens. i dont want to buy on ico because of high prices and dump after exchangers so much better to buy on exchangers and hold for couple of time then sell if the price pump.
Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 03:23:43 PM

If you looked at the ICO that just get in, in the market, you will get disappointed because the coins are dropping up to 80% of their ICO price even if you have a large bonus you will still lose your investment, so it's better to buy when it hit the exchange.

nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 03:46:33 PM

with the constant dump in price post ico, it looks like buying from the exchange seems more profitable this days, this is largely as a result of huge discount given to private investors in projects, once token is listed on exchange the private investors will dump and crash the price, i don't believe the little percent given to hunters can affect price that much, even if you miss out on ico don't worry too much because you can get in exchange even 3x cheaper than ico Grin
EL-NIDO

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 03:46:44 PM

Even if the ICO offers bonuses I would prefer to buy the altcoins after exchange listings. There are so many projects and fakes that not come to exchanges. Often there are also much cheaper and KYC is not required.
cp_underground

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 03:50:55 PM

Usually, buy an ICO is more better than you buy it when list on exchange.
ICO time is good time to invest, you buy and get many bonus come to you.
Take ICO and take profit.

XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 03:51:06 PM

Buy token during ICO is the most shady aspect based on the dump after been listed on an exchange, Buy ICO tokens after been listed on an exchange is still the best as the price at this time will drop. Is advisable to always buy token during ICO which i considered as the smartest step.

Nivia1st

Activity: 821

Volare.network

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 03:52:35 PM

buying when you enter an exchange is a good choice. it will make you safer and we can also know how many investors are interested in the project. we can also make long-term or short-term plans. and buying at ICO is currently too risky, you can see how many projects have failed or scam since the beginning of this year.

Shakreen

Activity: 80
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 03:59:22 PM

I think buying a market compilation is better than buying when ico ... some ico fail and some are successful ... this fact can make a better consideration if you want to buy some ico ... so if I, I prefer when the ico enters the market
Andrey13101991

Activity: 551

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 04:03:20 PM

buying when you enter an exchange is a good choice. it will make you safer and we can also know how many investors are interested in the project. we can also make long-term or short-term plans. and buying at ICO is currently too risky, you can see how many projects have failed or scam since the beginning of this year.
It seems to me that 90 percent of the projects have not received market implementation. All projects in which I participated were transferred till June to July
gulshan1

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 04:10:53 PM

Investment on the new ico is more risky against the some top coins in the crypto market because new ico are promising to all investors about the successful the ico but mostly ico are fail and they are not reaching to the selling offering price at the time of listing of coins. So many people are not liking to invest in the ico. Now this is your decision that you have to invest in ico or not.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 04:51:48 PM

There is no single solution for buying cryptocurrencies. Each project must be approached individually. For example, bittorrent gave a few X when listing on the stock exchange, but I'm sure that after a while it will be possible to buy below the ICO price.It all depends on the purpose you're pursuing.
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 05:13:37 PM

There is no single solution for buying cryptocurrencies. Each project must be approached individually. For example, bittorrent gave a few X when listing on the stock exchange, but I'm sure that after a while it will be possible to buy below the ICO price.It all depends on the purpose you're pursuing.
It seems to me that the investor is only trying to smile and this is a profitable investment in a really promising project. In many cases, even 50 percent discounts during the sale of the company’s ico token may be disadvantageous, given the scenes after listing on the stock exchanges.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 06:58:56 PM

depending on so many factors. Since generally the price of token may fall when listed on exchange, you may consider buying after listing but you may not be able to buy more especially when the token is not listed on good exchange. I have seen so many token hardly have 0.1BTC volume in 24 hours. except if you are very patient. you can be buying little by little and be accumulating the token.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: