Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:27:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Biblepay BBP Community Discussion Thread  (Read 23722 times)
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 09:20:22 PM

copying reply here for those that care.

When will pool.biblepay.org become a normal website?? It is something terrible and user total unfriendly.

In my opinion, your continual attacks here are not Christian but instead mean spirited.  In addition your posts make be believe it is user error.

Therefore, I have no reason to believe there is a problem.

I've started to wonder if you're interepreting things as mean-spirited...  I believe some of this may be a language barrier. 

You cannot expect a non-native speaker to have the communication ability of a native speaker.

Just the same,  you cannot and should not judge a non-believer by Believer's standards.

Can you try to look past the tone, and look for the heart of the message?

I agree the pool site is "functional" but I don't find it appealing, I think it could do with a makeover.  I get this is not a priority right now, with the new source uploaded to github maybe someone from the community could take it up?

sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 04:41:16 AM

When will pool.biblepay.org become a normal website?? It is something terrible and user total unfriendly

It is hard to find someone that can code well and also design well. They are two distinct skills and finding a crypto programmer, let alone a good UI designer is extremely difficult. Rob is a great coder, you can see he is stuck in the 90s (probably when he first started learning web technology), but the web site works.

Can you do better?

SVK Noko

Activity: 267
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:14:05 AM

When will pool.biblepay.org become a normal website?? It is something terrible and user total unfriendly

It is hard to find someone that can code well and also design well. They are two distinct skills and finding a crypto programmer, let alone a good UI designer is extremely difficult. Rob is a great coder, you can see he is stuck in the 90s (probably when he first started learning web technology), but the web site works.

Can you do better?

Yes I can. But Im not paid for that as somebody is.

Im just wondering that they want to expand. With next mandatory they should be open to all other team members but they still dont have basic things as webpages made correctly. When some new member will come to that webpage he will spend there maybe few seconds and then close it. Yes its functional. But even if you are superpatient and you dont try to refresh the page or try to use back button or there are other faults too after the web simply crash.

Other thing is that explorers are down more than week. This is the basic how can I buy some crypto when even explorers are not working?

Biblepay-central again "out of the picture". Data there are not correct. Try to find some data on leaderboard section there. For example next payment. Everything is zero.

This coin will never raise when basic things will not work correctly.
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 01:34:28 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 01:46:04 PM by thesnat21

I received this PM .... here is my reply, posting here as well.
Don't talk to me like that on the public forum again.

"Im Not Exempt".

Listen, this project was started by me, and I do demand a certain level of respect from you.

If your not capable of doing it you have the wrong community.  I am doing more than twice the amount of a full time job and dedicated to this, so I do deserve the respect and the ability to run this project until I decide to divide control among other lead devs.

You're demanding more respect than our Lord and Savior was given by the Jews.

If any non-believer shows up, you will not win them over with the attitude you display.   That is something you will be held accountable for on "Judgement Day".   I struggle with patience with people claiming they are Christians but showing only contempt for those "not like them".   I have mentioned this before,  I pray one day your eyes will be opened.

This project as a whole is a great idea, and I love the goal, but your public actions towards people put a big black eye on it.  

You think removing the team requirement will grow it by letting others in,  but this will not work if you chase, or demand they leave because they are not "Christians".

This is the heart of the issue..  Demanding respect but unwilling to give it without specific guidelines.

I will be praying as the team limit is rescinded,  that IF we get an inflow of people they are not chased away by this attitude.

I stand up, for those who don't/won't.   We are supposed to be a light in the darkness, not spreading darkness under the guise of light.

Again, if anyone that stumbles on this has felt attacked by ANY "Christians" I apologize,  that is not how we are supposed to behave.  God loves you and wants a relationship with you.  If you have questions, feel free to PM me!
sunk818

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 02:34:53 PM

Other thing is that explorers are down more than week. This is the basic how can I buy some crypto when even explorers are not working?

Explorer is my fault. I asked Togo to make 10k txs per addresses to see old transactions, but Iquudus explorer doesn't work so well with large transactions.

zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 01:14:54 AM

I received this PM .... here is my reply, posting here as well.
Don't talk to me like that on the public forum again.

"Im Not Exempt".

Listen, this project was started by me, and I do demand a certain level of respect from you.

If your not capable of doing it you have the wrong community.  I am doing more than twice the amount of a full time job and dedicated to this, so I do deserve the respect and the ability to run this project until I decide to divide control among other lead devs.

You're demanding more respect than our Lord and Savior was given by the Jews.

If any non-believer shows up, you will not win them over with the attitude you display.   That is something you will be held accountable for on "Judgement Day".   I struggle with patience with people claiming they are Christians but showing only contempt for those "not like them".   I have mentioned this before,  I pray one day your eyes will be opened.

This project as a whole is a great idea, and I love the goal, but your public actions towards people put a big black eye on it. 

You think removing the team requirement will grow it by letting others in,  but this will not work if you chase, or demand they leave because they are not "Christians".

This is the heart of the issue..  Demanding respect but unwilling to give it without specific guidelines.

I will be praying as the team limit is rescinded,  that IF we get an inflow of people they are not chased away by this attitude.

I stand up, for those who don't/won't.   We are supposed to be a light in the darkness, not spreading darkness under the guise of light.

Again, if anyone that stumbles on this has felt attacked by ANY "Christians" I apologize,  that is not how we are supposed to behave.  God loves you and wants a relationship with you.  If you have questions, feel free to PM me!

People who "demand" respect don't fully understand how respect works. The only way to get respect is to earn it. This requires we admit when we're wrong and change our behavior, our habits. Even though it takes time, people see this and respect the person for doing it.

Accusing and calling people names is a tough habit to break. A habituated person usually tries to push away people that care enough to help. Brothers & sisters in Christ understand the power of Agape/patience, so we will continue to persist despite rejection.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 02:41:07 AM

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/five-marks-of-a-servant-leader

1. A servant leader seeks the glory of his Master.
2. A servant leader sacrificially seeks the highest joy of those he serves.
3. A servant leader will forgo his rights rather than obscure the gospel.
4. A servant leader is not preoccupied with personal visibility and recognition.
5. A servant leader anticipates and graciously accepts the time for his decrease.

Be Gracious with Your Leaders

No earthly Christian leader is the perfect incarnation of these five fundamental marks of servanthood. Jesus alone bears that distinction. The vast majority of our leaders are imperfect servants trying to be faithful.

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 01:29:42 PM

just in case...

Please post my offensive quotes from the PM's here,  I'm curious what you are referring to.  

My first PM from you was telling me to leave because there is "no room for satanists in this community"

edit:  And early on we had some disagreements and I believe we both apologized..  
Hopefully you aren't saying that I have a habit of meeting a person and attacking them and calling them a satanist for no reason.  
In the few times that happened here, it was in response to something they said or did to me.  I agree, it was probably a very bad choice of words.
I probably should have said: Sir you are acting in a mean spirited way, and this community is Christian, please re-phrase your complaint.
I apologize for calling anyone a Satanist on this forum, and hereby structurally change my future response to the above and ask for forgiveness.

If we had an early disagreement, and we forgave each other, true forgiveness means that you "forget" that and act as if it didn't happen.  Your not supposed to continually harp on something that was forgiven mutually by Christians.  

We should remove any seeds of hate from our hearts and we should remove Grudges.  I know its hard for some but we need to be cognizant of how the other person is being received If you were to make a phone call to that person (IE Hey How are you, how have you been!   Not :  (hey its him), YEAH, what?).

Thank you for the apology I will happily forgive you..  As I said in a PM back in April, you are the face of this project.  Your attitude/actions/words bear more weight than anything else, and as a public figure unfortunately you need to be better than "everyone else".  

I was not won over by Christianity by people yelling and calling me a sinner (ala Westboro Baptist Church style),  I was won over by loving, and compassionate Christians that made me feel like family.   I have not seen that here much...

In some of our early PM's I thought we hashed several things out.. I don't begrudge you for any of that.   and I agree about grudges, they are poison and something Satan uses because it's an easy target.

What I struggle with is the activities that have still been going on,   taking any comment as a personal attack and responding in kind,  name calling or publicly attacking me while deleting any kind of response or rebuttal.  

If you are free to run a smear campaign on people, then they should have the right to defend themselves..  I would prefer to see neither personally.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 03:28:08 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 03:55:06 PM by sunk818

Well, we've all tried to respond to really bad things people say or do -  in a Christian way, but unfortunately Ive been called much, much worse by most of you without apology (via PMs and emails), I think SunK accused me of child abuse or something, and Snat said some pretty horrible things in PM, so you guys have no credibility.  The ones in the hate group wanted to strip me of masternodes, and remove ability to speak, etc (keep to your programming).

I reacted a few times by calling people a Satanist in response to some much more horrible behavior.

Again if you think my character is bad, then you are part of the problem.

Thanks for being in the BiblePay community however and making it stronger.

Please post my offensive quotes from the PM's here,  I'm curious what you are referring to. 

My first PM from you was telling me to leave because there is "no room for satanists in this community"

edit:  And early on we had some disagreements and I believe we both apologized..

Hopefully you aren't saying that I have a habit of meeting a person and attacking them and calling them a satanist for no reason. 
In the few times that happened here, it was in response to something they said or did to me.  I agree, it was probably a very bad choice of words.
I probably should have said: Sir you are acting in a mean spirited way, and this community is Christian, please re-phrase your complaint.
I apologize for calling anyone a Satanist on this forum, and hereby structurally change my future response to the above and ask for forgiveness.

If we had an early disagreement, and we forgave each other, true forgiveness means that you "forget" that and act as if it didn't happen.  Your not supposed to continually harp on something that was forgiven mutually by Christians. 

We should remove any seeds of hate from our hearts and we should remove Grudges.  I know its hard for some but we need to be cognizant of how the other person is being received If you were to make a phone call to that person (IE Hey How are you, how have you been!   Not :  (hey its him), YEAH, what?).

I never called you a child abuser. You are likely confusing me with someone else.

You must be thinking about the worldly phrase... "forgive & forget"? Forgetting is not part of forgiveness. Forgiveness is giving up the desire to take revenge in your heart. Forgiveness is the act of compassionately releasing the desire to punish someone or yourself for an offense. It is a state of giving grace -- nothing you can force nor pretend.

I think your public apology is insincere because you continue to deflect any responsibility for your actions and continue to believe situations are instigated by others and yourself. Being wrong is unthinkable.

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 01:05:15 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2018, 01:24:22 PM by thesnat21

cross-posting for obvious reasons.

I'll try to explain this to you in a nice way:  Part of my responsibility to give investors accurate information is not misleading them, and not compromising this forum with a personal tit-tat back and forth, as frankly its embarrasing.

I reserve the right to delete posts that do not move biblepay forward as a community.

We will not be ovverrun here with people's personal agenda on what they think should be our content.

If you do not trust my judgement, you are part of the problem.

Im not here to Censor, but you must start acting more respectfully and trusting my judgement.  

As for respecting your judgement,  well.. after this PM exchange, and the number of people driven away from this project/community through your attitude and actions...  It makes it difficult

We are all forgiven how can we not also forgive? ...

Yes, we are just men, and the least we can do is forgive others and also Not hold grudges.  Im not sure if you have seen our Gospel Links section in the pool, but I highly recommend watching This man saw judgement day.  It has nothing to do with where you are in your walk - its just worth watching Smiley.  Have a good one, I have a lot of PMs and issues but I enjoy remembering seeing your reply yesterday, it was like a rushing waterfall from Christ coming over me.

I will say this in PM,  no need to go further in public.

Are you trying to chase people away from this project?  

If I disagree with you, or challenge something my goal here is to better the project.  I am working to not have a tone or aggressive stance, with that I may be "cold" as I remove more emotion from it than I Should?  If that is the case then I am sorry.

I have chosen to stay in the shadows for the most part. I wanted to help on the re-base, but frankly I don't know if I could work with you from the limited interactions we have had.  

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing." (1 Cor 13:2)

“By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:35).

These are important verses.   My wife has repeatedly mentioned the need for love above all else in dealing with others.  I myself am nowhere near where I want to be,  but I will keep working on it until I leave this life.

Yes, I am trying to drive people away, yes!

I believe you made a backhanded apology yesterday also - as you apologized and then went on to criticize anyway, as if criticizing from a place that is superior, with less information about the core wallet and the pool.

zthomasz

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:37:03 PM

Here's an interesting service called "KYD Team Review" that verifies the lead developer for a crytpo project is who he says he is.

"KYD has a verification process that includes a state issued ID and selfie. We only verify the main developer or project lead at this time. KYD will be expanding verification levels in the coming updates, but at this time this is solely a beta product and should be used as a reference only."

https://review.kydcoin.io/
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 02:44:34 PM

Thank you for your single opinion; snat.  You are one of our 2500 users (accurate user count from the pool database), and one of approx. 10 (out of 2500) who continually try to make a mockery of this forum (by steering investors away from the core mission:  building value for biblepay) - and you havent disclosed if you even own one sanctuary.  Otoh, I'm entirely focused on that mission: building value for biblepay.

I'm sorry it has come to this, but I have to treat this as insubordination - since I started this project, I have the right to run it until it is large enough to split the work up upon multiple lead devs and multiple functions.  Its inherent trust lies in trusting me and if you cant do that frankly you should no longer be a part of this; as I think you have a hidden motive - possibly to drag down our price - or maybe workng for the enemy; its hard to say; but its clear you are a detraction and a net negative of our community.

In light of that, Im going to give you one more chance to act more respectfully toward the BiblePay forum and myself.  Please only post items that have to do with technical problems with biblepay, or how you are helping to solve them, or how you are helping other users, or spreading the gospel.  Do not post one more post :  attacking me, attacking the coin, attacking my character, or otherwise I will have to ask you to stop posting entirely on this forum.  

You have been warned - this is warning #1.

Please explain why me having a masternode would affect your opinion?

Currently no I don't have one(aside from a partial from experimenting with mintnodes).  I could but I'm still doing PODC so I cannot do both,  How many do you have?

I've been vocal, and have more than what you think that have spoken to me.   Many are afraid to speak up because of how you respond.

I would love to see some growth stats from that 2500 users.   When was their last activity, how many new users / departed users a month etc.

And thank you for being honest,  this is "Rob's" coin until you decide otherwise.   With the team vote that's all I was asking for.  If we really don't get a say, then make the changes I agree that is your right.

I do want to see this coin grow, which is why I have challenged your approach to dealing with people from what I've seen during my time here this is the largest barrier preventing growth.   People don't want to speak up if they are going to get beat down
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 02:45:06 PM

Here's an interesting service called "KYD Team Review" that verifies the lead developer for a crytpo project is who he says he is.

"KYD has a verification process that includes a state issued ID and selfie. We only verify the main developer or project lead at this time. KYD will be expanding verification levels in the coming updates, but at this time this is solely a beta product and should be used as a reference only."

https://review.kydcoin.io/

Interesting, but I don't see that going anywhere heh
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 03:05:33 PM

Thank you for your single opinion; snat.  You are one of our 2500 users (accurate user count from the pool database), and one of approx. 10 (out of 2500) who continually try to make a mockery of this forum (by steering investors away from the core mission:  building value for biblepay) - and you havent disclosed if you even own one sanctuary.  Otoh, I'm entirely focused on that mission: building value for biblepay.

I'm sorry it has come to this, but I have to treat this as insubordination - since I started this project, I have the right to run it until it is large enough to split the work up upon multiple lead devs and multiple functions.  Its inherent trust lies in trusting me and if you cant do that frankly you should no longer be a part of this; as I think you have a hidden motive - possibly to drag down our price - or maybe workng for the enemy; its hard to say; but its clear you are a detraction and a net negative of our community.

In light of that, Im going to give you one more chance to act more respectfully toward the BiblePay forum and myself.  Please only post items that have to do with technical problems with biblepay, or how you are helping to solve them, or how you are helping other users, or spreading the gospel.  Do not post one more post :  attacking me, attacking the coin, attacking my character, or otherwise I will have to ask you to stop posting entirely on this forum.  

You have been warned - this is warning #1.

Please explain why me having a masternode would affect your opinion?

Currently no I don't have one(aside from a partial from experimenting with mintnodes).  I could but I'm still doing PODC so I cannot do both,  How many do you have?

I've been vocal, and have more than what you think that have spoken to me.   Many are afraid to speak up because of how you respond.

I would love to see some growth stats from that 2500 users.   When was their last activity, how many new users / departed users a month etc.

And thank you for being honest,  this is "Rob's" coin until you decide otherwise.   With the team vote that's all I was asking for.  If we really don't get a say, then make the changes I agree that is your right.

I do want to see this coin grow, which is why I have challenged your approach to dealing with people from what I've seen during my time here this is the largest barrier preventing growth.   People don't want to speak up if they are going to get beat down

Snat, you have already proven to be a backstabber by trying to pick parts of our PMs to make me look like a bad guy.  

I recommend trying all of this in Peercoin's forum, lets see how far you get there.

Anyway, Im here to grow the coin.  You just responded with more personal questions and continue to make a public spectacle.

Please stop posting these type of posts and post only the type of posts I mentioned earlier: posts that grow biblepay or show you helping another user.

I copied the entire PM, including the history.. How you look is on you.   Now lets both stop this and move on.

Edit: as for the namecalling, please stop.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 09:23:40 PM

nor ever comingled any funds with my personal account (this rumor started by SunK when he failed to recognize the transaction went from the dedicated wallet back to my wallet first as a repayment, then from me to myself)

No one asked you to front BBP so why are you doing this? No one else from the other charities do this... (https://www.biblepay.org/charities/) Why can't you receive the BBP to a clean wallet and use that wallet exclusively to sell BBP for Compassion? I know you're honest, but it looks so shady when you take the payout (which goes to Orphan Foundation) and then move the BBP to create masternodes with it. From the optics point of view, this is extremely dirty and suspicious.

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 01:32:01 PM

As you all know there have been some "Interesting" prayers as of late.

What I've been seeing is they are normally replaced by Rob with the "not evolved from monkeys" prayer.  Until last night.

The surprising thing to me is this prayer:
"OUT_TX (10-05-2018 16:17:32) (10-05-2018 16:17:32)": "Please pray for love to flow through the community, and our leadership to be blessed. ",

was replaced with
"OUT_TX (10-05-2018 16:17:32) (10-06-2018 02:43:49)": "I pray that those with Anger and wrath issues learn peace and serenity, realizing their opponent is not their brother or sister, \"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [a]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.\" - Ephesians 6:12 ",

This is concerning to me...   Does anyone see anything wrong with this prayer, or why it would have been replaced?

With the new fork and "prayer signing" being a toggle Rob controls does this mean any legit prayers from those Rob disagrees with will be  removed?
zthomasz

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 02:06:46 PM

So do we want to propose a MN-vote-limit to Rob, or is it a waste of time?
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 02:49:10 PM

From his public comments it sounds like a waste of time, but you can try.  If it was me I know exactly what would happen.. heh
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 09:56:08 PM

It wouldn't hurt to ask and see what the response is. Do we lose anything by proposing?

zthomasz

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:05:12 PM

Regardless of whether Rob wants to participate or not, we can design an innovative whale-proof MN voting system that gives everyone equal voting power.

Lets think outside of the DASH box. I suggest a registration process where each staked MN investor is verified and added to a voter registration list. Each voter is assigned an ID via the same process used by legitimate crypto exchanges. Every registered voter gets one vote regardless of how many MNs they own. The majority vote wins. Anyone who wants to remain anonymous simply doesn't register to vote.

This type of democratic voting system would appeal to forward looking Christians interested in investing in a charitable coin where Christ is the only King.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: