Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Biblepay BBP Community Discussion Thread  (Read 23716 times)
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 06:39:27 AM

https://wiki.biblepay.org/index.php?title=BiblePay_DAO&oldid=5861&diff=prev

Apparently, the Foundation board initially consisting of 6 members, has changed to Sanctuaries.

If Rob owns 80 sanctuaries out of 240, that gives him 33% power.

1 out of 6 or 1 out of 5, is anywhere from 16% to 20% voting power.

If this is true, he gets double in voting power.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yaronidon

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:27:57 AM

for mining BBP you getting 3 others coins = Byteball and DCC and NEUMANNIUM (ANN)
can you please explain how to get DCC rewards on boinc ?
is it using grcpool ?
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 10:47:32 AM

despite that,  I would propose something along the lines of:

1.  Don't vote for your own proposals (or if you must limit to 5? votes)
2.  Limit voting on general proposals to less than 10% of the "Active" masternodes.

Especially #1.

In the past, some sloppy proposals were added that were half baked without any pre-proposal discussions. Its up to the proposer to mend this, but its up to him/her whether they want a pre-proposal discussion. I will say though that the content of what you vote should not change for the duration of the proposal. It comes off as amateurish and careless when the content of a proposal morphing on a daily basis. This is why the pre-proposal discussion is important to realize the different points of view and re-work your proposal with those considerations in mind. If we continue using forum.biblepay.org, I'm really against amendments... but if the proposal needs to be revised, it could be amended at the end explain why it is being revised. Or use another system altogether where revision history and discussion are available without having to register new accounts and the usual facebook, google, twitter, github, etc logins are already supported.

Agreed.... I would like to see more "Pre-Proposals" an informal poll before we start down the path of a new feature.  (or if we need a formal vote, lets do this prior to starting work as just a "should we evaluate it further")

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 10:50:51 AM

for mining BBP you getting 3 others coins = Byteball and DCC and NEUMANNIUM (ANN)
is it using grcpool ?

I think he is referring to what used to be called "Sparc" https://alpha.sparc.network/index.html  their coin is now DCC but i don't know of any place that trades the tokens yet
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 11:10:10 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 12:44:43 PM by thesnat21

https://wiki.biblepay.org/index.php?title=BiblePay_DAO&oldid=5861&diff=prev

Apparently, the Foundation board initially consisting of 6 members, has changed to Sanctuaries.

If Rob owns 80 sanctuaries out of 240, that gives him 33% power.

1 out of 6 or 1 out of 5, is anywhere from 16% to 20% voting power.

If this is true, he gets double in voting power.

I agree this is concerning, I wonder why he made it, hopefully he will explain.

It changed yesterday but nobody was notified...  Thanks for keeping an eye on the wiki for us!
cuarc001

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 02:40:07 PM

is it using grcpool ?

I think he is referring to what used to be called "Sparc" https://alpha.sparc.network/index.html  their coin is now DCC but i don't know of any place that trades the tokens yet

And keep in mind that WCG rewards haven't worked since the privacy laws went into effect. So, the system is what it is as they have no intention in fixing the Alpha portion. There is also no guarantee how much longer the Alpha will continue.

Here is my how to though if you need it.
https://hardforum.com/threads/how-to-get-sparc-during-the-alpha-phase-using-boinc.1953164/

Also, keep in mind that there are a hand full of projects that were on the list that are now closed.
Mind163

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:02:22 PM

Hey.
Tell me how to get these coins? The BBP has finally begun to be mined. Before that, for some reason, they did not add, although I did everything according to the instructions. In a day they began to be mined.
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:11:59 AM

Hey.
Tell me how to get these coins? The BBP has finally begun to be mined. Before that, for some reason, they did not add, although I did everything according to the instructions. In a day they began to be mined.

BBP has been mined since July of 2017.  As far as Byteball, DCC and Nuemannium, there are good guides out there for the first and third if you google (I don't have the links very handy at the moment) and the middle one (DCC formerly known as SPARC) is at https://alpha.sparc.network/index.html.  All three work although there is no market I'm aware of for SPARC, and the only market for Nuemannium is through the WAVES wallet trading, which you can only trade NEU for WAVES...and it's not worth very much at all.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 12:37:05 AM

Glad I was there during the first announcement of Biblepay and actually participated through it's success. I'm feeling so stupid to sell off all my biblepay coins that I got in mining for cheap. Biblepay has been successful to distinguish it as a useful coin and have it's mark on the cryptosphere.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:27:20 AM

is it using grcpool ?

And keep in mind that WCG rewards haven't worked since the privacy laws went into effect. So, the system is what it is as they have no intention in fixing the Alpha portion. There is also no guarantee how much longer the Alpha will continue.

Here is my how to though if you need it.
https://hardforum.com/threads/how-to-get-sparc-during-the-alpha-phase-using-boinc.1953164/

Also, keep in mind that there are a hand full of projects that were on the list that are now closed.
SPARC=DCC working= rewards is every friday

slovakia

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:05:47 AM

guys: his majesty ROBERTKO deleted all shits about QT? https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=264.0

hahahaha....something inconceivable again  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

i normally begin to think that he invented anything for his prospect

SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:16:36 AM

guys: his majesty ROBERTKO delete all shit about QT? https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=264.0

Yes I think QT was an idea without any concrete specification. There were many questions on the table regarding this. As usuall without any relevant answer. Author thinks that this could increase demand after BBP but its mistake. We still have a free market that would also advise on this speculation very well.
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 08:48:44 AM

guys: his majesty ROBERTKO delete all shit about QT? https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=264.0

Yes I think QT was an idea without any concrete specification. There were many questions on the table regarding this. As usuall without any relevant answer. Author thinks that this could increase demand after BBP but its mistake. We still have a free market that would also advise on this speculation very well.

I'll reply to both of you at the same time.

Yes, I was a bit disappointed to see the thread disappear.  He has also withdrawn the actual proposal as well, so I suppose it's fair.
Perhaps the issue will come up again later and can actually be discussed.
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:02:35 PM

Yes, I was a bit disappointed to see the thread disappear.  He has also withdrawn the actual proposal as well, so I suppose it's fair.
Perhaps the issue will come up again later and can actually be discussed.

Rob posted on 9/18 about cancelling QT and closing the thread, which I consider his good intention to do what's best for the project & community.

I will close the QT thread and cancel QT.

Let's start over in a non-toxic environment going forward.

Rob's house burned down recently so I'm sure he's busy with other important things at the moment. He'll be back soon. In the meantime I suggest we propose a solution to the MN-whale-vote issue.

Here are the basics of what we have so far ...

Let's put our heads together and come up with a reasonable limit on the number of votes that any multiple MN owner casts for a proposal. The vote-limit number can be based on a percentage of the total voting MNs.

While the number of votes would be limited for each MN owner, they could still continue to own as many MNs as they choose.

Since there probably is no way to enforce compliance for every current or future MN whale, this would be a voluntary limit with compliance overseen by the community. We ultimately have to rely on the Lord for a good outcome. As long as we do His will, we will be successful.

despite that,  I would propose something along the lines of:

1.  Don't vote for your own proposals (or if you must limit to 5? votes)
2.  Limit voting on general proposals to less than 10% of the "Active" masternodes.

Especially #1.

In the past, some sloppy proposals were added that were half baked without any pre-proposal discussions. Its up to the proposer to mend this, but its up to him/her whether they want a pre-proposal discussion. I will say though that the content of what you vote should not change for the duration of the proposal. It comes off as amateurish and careless when the content of a proposal morphing on a daily basis. This is why the pre-proposal discussion is important to realize the different points of view and re-work your proposal with those considerations in mind. If we continue using forum.biblepay.org, I'm really against amendments... but if the proposal needs to be revised, it could be amended at the end explain why it is being revised. Or use another system altogether where revision history and discussion are available without having to register new accounts and the usual facebook, google, twitter, github, etc logins are already supported.

Does anyone want to add anything?
sunk818

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 04:18:48 PM

Seems almost a moot point if Governance of the forthcoming BiblePay Foundation will be based on masternodes.

slovakia

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:36:43 PM

is this function?  https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=254.0

can we go away from group of BBP?

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 05:02:00 PM

is this function?  https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=254.0

It's not live yet... I don't know when this will be updated
sunk818

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 05:04:10 PM

is this function?  https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=254.0

thesnat21 would know exact count, but I think Rob voted using many of your masternodes to approve his proposal. so, right now, he has 80+ masternodes so any proposals he makes, he can pass with his masternodes. not everyone votes, so this makes it easy for him to vote with fewer masternodes and still have proposal pass.

you only need 10% yes to pass. so if there are 380 masternodes, you need net yes vote of 38. right now, it is 42 so this proposal will be approved unless the votes change.

maybe in the future, it makes sense for devs to send proposal for specific work they plan to do. if it is a big feature it should be discussed before hand and a separate proposal made. so, there's a delay of 30 days maybe, but it would give time for discussion to see if it is something people want. right now, devs do whatever they want even if the community thinks its a bad idea. even if you put it to a vote, rob with 80+ masternodes means anything he wants will pass... so he just does the work he wants even before a proposal passes.

i can appreciate this slows does coding because you have discussion beforehand, but isn't consensus more important than just making new features? in a way, its good for dev too because you can plan out your work one month in advance and maybe spend time with family or do other stuff in between.

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 06:27:13 PM

is this function?  https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=254.0

thesnat21 would know exact count, but I think Rob voted using many of your masternodes to approve his proposal. so, right now, he has 80+ masternodes so any proposals he makes, he can pass with his masternodes. not everyone votes, so this makes it easy for him to vote with fewer masternodes and still have proposal pass.

you only need 10% yes to pass. so if there are 380 masternodes, you need net yes vote of 38. right now, it is 42 so this proposal will be approved unless the votes change.

maybe in the future, it makes sense for devs to send proposal for specific work they plan to do. if it is a big feature it should be discussed before hand and a separate proposal made. so, there's a delay of 30 days maybe, but it would give time for discussion to see if it is something people want. right now, devs do whatever they want even if the community thinks its a bad idea. even if you put it to a vote, rob with 80+ masternodes means anything he wants will pass... so he just does the work he wants even before a proposal passes.

i can appreciate this slows does coding because you have discussion beforehand, but isn't consensus more important than just making new features? in a way, its good for dev too because you can plan out your work one month in advance and maybe spend time with family or do other stuff in between.

I believe voting is closed for this superblock cycle...

Rob will announce when the change will take effect.
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:45:20 PM

Seems almost a moot point if Governance of the forthcoming BiblePay Foundation will be based on masternodes.

We'll let Rob explain the change from directors to sanctuaries for the foundation, but I suggest we complete our "true case for an improvement" for the MN-vote issue and give it to him for feedback.

We've got the basics in place, is there anything else to consider?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: