Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Biblepay BBP Community Discussion Thread  (Read 23722 times)
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 04:13:41 AM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Maybe ours should say "SlovakiPay" LOL, JK.

theymospay

I noticed there were 76 invalid tithes in one block about 12 hours ago. Block height 106662.

Looks like many of it was bbptoshi - min coin amount was okay, but maybe min coin age was increased after the tithe entered the mempool.

For me, I used to send with 0 fee. But now that txes are crowded sometimes, I use the recommended fee now. And that seems to include the tx in the next block more often.

Can we include a higher fee? The smart fee calculator seems brokens and it won't let us pick higher tx fee.

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Command": "podcupdate",
  "PODCUpdate": "Invalid Destination Address"
}

exec associate rosetta_email rosetta_password true

"Results": "Error: The transaction was rejected! This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here."

Does your biblepay.conf have tithe=1 and nickname=supporter setup? If you are doing PoG, some people have been able to do PoDC update by using utxooverride=your-stake-amount , then move that BBP amount to your rosetta address (or non-tithe address) then do an exec associate again . There's some weirdness sometimes when you try to use PoDC and PoG together. You're not the first to report this.

Religion and crypto should never be mixed what a ridiculous concept for a coin.

Can you explain your position more? BiblePay has some Christian values like helping the poor. BiblePay thus far donated over $150k USD to charity. My intention is not to boast, but to show the positive the crypto coin has done by supporting charities. Maybe you can explain in more detail why religion and crypto shouldn't be mixed and you feel this is a ridiculous concept?

More crashes today. More reports of MN crashing today (last count 6 masternodes crashed) along with my Windows QT wallet crashing again after many days of no crashes. It got really quiet after 1198 came out.  Existing builds need more stability. I think DASH evolution can wait until existing product is stabilized. And no, waiting 60 days from now to release DASH evolution rebase is not the answer.

SVK Noko

Activity: 267
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 05:06:26 AM

I have about 8 unconfirmed tx in my wallet from 12 hours ago.

I tried:

1) tools, repair, rescan
2) tools , repair, zapwallettxes=1
3) resync - remove everything except wallet.dat and biblepay.conf and resync the chain

I want to avoid zapwallettxes=2 because I lose coin age. And its not clear based on zapwallettxes=1 that =2 would solve my issue.

Short of running a new wallet, any other suggestions? I'm guessing my wallet.dat got corrupted from the daily crashes 1198 is experiencing.

thanks.

I don't think you tried -rescan yet, because that removes orphans and rebuilds the entire txlist.

On corruption, you will know if its corrupted after you boot, as there is a wallet check.

If you really want to ensure there is no corruption you can back up your wallet - then remove wallet.dat, and replace it with a backup from the backups folder, and restart, and verify your balance is full.

What OS are you running thats crashing?  Im on the latest in windows and not crashing.  Im only running one thread on the miner though, maybe try running less than 5 threads on the miner.

I just told you I tried -rescan already. I'll try again. I may have to resort to salvaging the wallet or creating a new wallet and import the private keys to the fresh wallet.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit. Like I said, wallet running only PoDC has not crashed.

The one running PoG with genproclimit=1 and minersleep=950 crashes daily. Do you believe there is an issue with 1198, or it is just me? If you believe, it is just me, then there's nothing to do I suppose. But if you believe this is caused by 1198, I'd like updates on what you propose to do to address the crashes? I know many masternodes on Linux are crashing recently, so I'm lead to it is BBP code and not something specific to my workstation.

Do we have anyone else on the forum in windows 10 that crashes daily?

Yes, on the -rescan, I am saying that from what the code actually does, it clears orphans and reinstates the transaction list based on blockchain data, so yes please try that again and monitor the txlist orphan before and after.  It should not say "offline".  It might say Unconfirmed (broadcast through N nodes) - that is not an orphan in that case.  

Yes, my wallet is crashing in Win 10 as well. Not daily but one time per few days.
trongnam63072

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 05:09:42 AM

So bigger, your posts will not be deleted here
SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 12:20:49 PM

Everything crashed during this night again.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 03:47:04 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2019, 05:53:45 PM by sunk818

Everything crashed during this night again.

I wonder why he wants to keep erasing posts. He said he was not delete posts, but lately he deletes many. Some are not even criticism.

shorty34

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 05:29:33 PM

Hi Guys!

It just sounds great to post knowing it will not be deleted; I had to test it Smiley
vuli1

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 06:49:50 PM

my wallet started crashing in Win 10 lately too. I tried to sync from begining  but, will see. strange thing.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
shorty34

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 09:40:38 PM

my wallet started crashing in Win 10 lately too. I tried to sync from begining  but, will see. strange thing.

I suggest you wait a few more hours, until the new wallet version is available.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 02:29:50 AM

I'm stuck at block 33620 on any wallet I started from scratch.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 01:18:52 AM

More crashes today. More reports of MN crashing today (last count 6 masternodes crashed) along with my Windows QT wallet crashing again after many days of no crashes. It got really quiet after 1198 came out.  Existing builds need more stability. I think DASH evolution can wait until existing product is stabilized. And no, waiting 60 days from now to release DASH evolution rebase is not the answer.

Religion and crypto should never be mixed what a ridiculous concept for a coin.

Can you explain your position more? BiblePay has some Christian values like helping the poor. BiblePay thus far donated over $150k USD to charity. My intention is not to boast, but to show the positive the crypto coin has done by supporting charities. Maybe you can explain in more detail why religion and crypto shouldn't be mixed and you feel this is a ridiculous concept?

Command": "podcupdate",
  "PODCUpdate": "Invalid Destination Address"
}

exec associate rosetta_email rosetta_password true

"Results": "Error: The transaction was rejected! This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here."

Does your biblepay.conf have tithe=1 and nickname=supporter setup? If you are doing PoG, some people have been able to do PoDC update by using utxooverride=your-stake-amount , then move that BBP amount to your rosetta address (or non-tithe address) then do an exec associate again . There's some weirdness sometimes when you try to use PoDC and PoG together. You're not the first to report this.

Maybe ours should say "SlovakiPay" LOL, JK.

theymospay

I noticed there were 76 invalid tithes in one block about 12 hours ago. Block height 106662.

Looks like many of it was bbptoshi - min coin amount was okay, but maybe min coin age was increased after the tithe entered the mempool.

For me, I used to send with 0 fee. But now that txes are crowded sometimes, I use the recommended fee now. And that seems to include the tx in the next block more often.

Can we include a higher fee? The smart fee calculator seems brokens and it won't let us pick higher tx fee.

A record 4 posts delete by bible_pay. Sad, when only 1 was about crashes.

More serious though, everyone can't open their Windows wallet and QT wallet keeps crashing. Explorer halted at 106814..

Code:
2019-03-13 05:50:21 GUI: Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

2019-03-13 05:50:21

EXCEPTION: N5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_16bad_lexical_castEEEEE      
bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target      
C:\crypto\biblepay_podc\biblepay-qt.exe in Runaway exception

Who is <NICKNAME>PoG @('_')@ Monkey</NICKNAME>?  

You don't sanitize the nicknames? Maybe make the parser smarter and filter out anything non-alphanumeric between <nickname> and </nickname>?

Who is <NICKNAME>PoG @('_')@ Monkey</NICKNAME>?  

Same address has used also StopCrashingBiblePay nick.
I remember seeing this at least yesterday.

I've had the nicknames:
Code:
PoG @('_')@ Monkey

Code:
StopCrashingBiblePay

Code:
((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>

There's some cool 1 line ascii art here: https://1lineart.kulaone.com/#/

If you want, I can list all the nicknames I used.

Why, is that even relevant or important?

Wait, WHAT?
Sorry, but this is ridiculous. May I remind you that the proposal was not just simply "retire PODC?" but actually "retire PODC in favour of POG?"! So by all that is right, if you now make the (rushed) decision to simply bury POG for good, then this whole proposal/vote has no more legitimacy whatsoever!

So what you're saying now is, we not only give up on POG (which more and more seems to have been in beta stage at best), but also simultaneously bury the ONE system that has worked for more than a year now? And we're going back to our good old trusty botnet-mining?

I hate to say it, but I'm afraid as soon as any exchange is gonna open up our trading again (that is if there is still an exchange patiently enough ...) this coin will dump hard. Sad

PoG was working for the most part. We had some illegal tithe issues (could have been remedied by explicit confirmation count). The nickname can be sanitized. Developers do this as part of SQL injection mitigation. I don't know why code like that isn't there for nicknames, prayer requests, or messages of any type. If its an attack vector, you take reasonable safeguards to prevent it. I think PoG is still viable, but as always, its up to Rob and his 120+ masternodes.

Btw, stop trying to form hate groups on discord and move users over to your own private channels.  

People's messages are not being deleted if they follow the guidelines here.  

Your messages won't be deleted if they are respectful and helpful and contain the Full truth (not half truths as yours and Nokos have been).

Also, Please stop being disrespectful on our forum.

Thanks for taking our chain down Sun; thats one thing Ive always disliked is hackers in prod.  

If you can't admit weakness in the BBP code, how do you expect to make a better product? You can't admit that not sanitizing the nickname or using a homebrew serialization method is not best coding practice? So far, you can rarely admit you were wrong which means everyone around you by default is wrong. That's no way to live a life nor is a good way to have relationship with others. Why do you think everyone on the BiblePay team (except some devs) are all gone?  You think people like being called "dimwit" and accused of wrongdoing all that time?

I admit I'm human and weak at times. It happens to all of us. Being able to admit your vulnerability and work on your shortcomings, makes you a stronger person in Faith. I hope you can do the same and relate to all of us in a way that earns respect and shows you as a spiritual and sacrificial leader.

While I know that this has been a frustrating week, let's all take a second to thank MIP/Rob for the tireless dedication they've shown towards fixing these issues. It might feel a little chaotic, but those of us wanting more transparency and clarity in the process are getting it, and now we all know everything that goes into new feature launches and dealing with unforeseen circumstances. I'm sure we'll do things a bit differently in the future, and there are some lessons to be learned no doubt, but let's not forget to have some gratitude either.

Don't get discouraged; we'll come out of this and be able to focus on the mission.

One of the changes I'd like to see is not to use letters in builds.

Everyone that is not compiling the source themselves are confused now. Is it 1.1.9.9a or g?

Some are downloading the binary from biblepay.org/wallet while others are getting the Linux PPA.

We just need to know what we're dealing with. Many of us are ready to help mine the difficulty down with hundreds of core.

I guess we will have to compile the source to be sure: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/

as a group, we were a much more cohesive community a year ago than we are now.

personal infallibility of epic proportions will do that to a group.
LOL, the original group is still intact except for the troublemakers - which YOU are part of, and thats why Your out.

LOL, get real Rob. You think you know everything and do everything, but it just shows how little you know, especially how to treat people with respect. You crave respect but you don't know the first thing about how to earn respect. I don't work for you and never have. I'm here for the community and to insulate them from your boorish, arrogant, and childish behavior.

proofodc

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 05:11:07 PM

PODC is gone.

What coin you guys recommend to mine with my boinc clients if any ?

My stations are old stations, they are good for boinc but not for BLE.
Do you know any other coin that can be mine with old dual core x86 64bit Linux stations ?
cuarc001

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 06:34:21 PM

Are you getting OByte now by contributing to WCG?

https://hardforum.com/threads/how-to-earn-byteball-running-wcg-distributed-computing.1959820/#post-1043613449
secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 07:25:10 PM

I'm doing 0Byte. I'm not certain but they may have lowered the payouts some. Still, it's a good deal.

profodc, there are a lot of cpu coins out there. You should join the Cpu Miner's Club, there's always lots of ideas there.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2019, 03:12:04 PM

PODC is gone.

What coin you guys recommend to mine with my boinc clients if any ?

My stations are old stations, they are good for boinc but not for BLE.
Do you know any other coin that can be mine with old dual core x86 64bit Linux stations ?

Resistance.io has a boinc pool you can join. Same code it seems as grcpool or bbppool.

there's DCC that is web based. you may be able to use some cli chrome based tool to do work like

puppeteer
https://github.com/GoogleChrome/puppeteer

selenium, kantu, etc
https://a9t9.com/kantu

cuarc001

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 06:44:47 PM

I thought DCC awards from the SPARC Alpha was over. Now to earn DCC you have to run their work which is outside of BOINC IIRC. Is there another that awards DCC?
secoccular

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 07:59:07 PM

I thought DCC awards from the SPARC Alpha was over. Now to earn DCC you have to run their work which is outside of BOINC IIRC. Is there another that awards DCC?

Gridcoin. Also, you can look at curecoin+foldingcoin, which has a Chrome-based cruncher.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2019, 05:52:53 PM

You can also look at Bittube which has a Chrome extension that let's your learn while you do Chrome DCP work. https://bit.tube/

secoccular

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 08:36:04 PM

You can also look at Bittube which has a Chrome extension that let's your learn while you do Chrome DCP work. https://bit.tube/

I'm using their new chrome extension, and it works great. Earn crypto while surfing.

There's also a CPU coin called Surfcoin, which can be used on any phone or browser. It's very low impact on the system, and can run alongside anything.

Also, UPX is another nice CPU coin.
cuarc001

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 02:30:17 PM

How well does bit.tube work with the search and such? Using the extension for youtube works but it is very tedious to use for earning as you have to do videos one link at a time.

And don't forget to use people's referrals. :p
secoccular

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 04:55:36 PM

How well does bit.tube work with the search and such? Using the extension for youtube works but it is very tedious to use for earning as you have to do videos one link at a time.

And don't forget to use people's referrals. :p

You're talking about the old plug-in for youtube. We're talking about the new plugin that rewards tube for any web surfing with chrome.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: