Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:02:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 [648] 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243165 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bbptoshi
Copper Member

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 12:11:51 PM

My wallet also shuts down as of this morning. Below is the error message it gives.  Last night it was acting very slow and would stall. (Ubuntu 16.04)  

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 12:37:05 PM

Who is <NICKNAME>PoG @('_')@ Monkey</NICKNAME>?   

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 12:55:51 PM

fyi ... my Win 10 wallet 64bit v1098 is freezing up with message "biblepay-qt.exe is not responding".
cuarc001

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 12:56:16 PM

My wallet was crashing a couple nights back only on one system. Multiple reinstalls and deleting contents failed. I had to pull a wallet backup from another system just to get the wallet to not crash. Then it wouldn't find peers. I had to copy my peers.dat file from the other system as well. After that, my client was working fine. Since Microsoft pushed out updates last night, both my wallets were down for applying the updates. No idea if they are happy today yet. Will find out after work.
vahtis

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 12:56:31 PM

Same address has used also StopCrashingBiblePay nick.
I remember seeing this at least yesterday.
noxpost

Activity: 235
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 01:59:32 PM

Adding to this (hi again everyone, been a while). Getting a lot of crashes here too. Let me know if there's something I can provide to help debug that you might not have already.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 02:12:55 PM

Thanks.

So far we have found a corrupted scriptPubKey on the PoG Monkey record.

All exchanges are disabled.

From what I can see preliminarily, the bad POG record is causing the core client to go into a condition where it ends up corrupting the reply messages to other nodes exacerbating the problem for people who are trying to resync.

Let me continue to do more testing.  Most likely we will need a mandatory upgrade release with a safer/more stable environment while we wait for Evolution.  We may have to disable POG and move to POBH temporarily, we're checking.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 02:30:33 PM

Thanks.

From what I can see preliminarily, the bad POG record is causing the core client to go into a condition where it ends up corrupting the reply messages to other nodes exacerbating the problem for people who are trying to resync.

Let me continue to do more testing.  Most likely we will need a mandatory upgrade release with a safer/more stable environment while we wait for Evolution.  We may have to disable POG and move to POBH temporarily, we're checking.

Waiting to see the outcome of this.. If you have to drop POG temporarily, how does this affect the PODC vote?
secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 04:23:36 PM

I get a 404 error on the page.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 04:52:59 PM

You don't sanitize the nicknames? Maybe make the parser smarter and filter out anything non-alphanumeric between <nickname> and </nickname>?

I've had the nicknames:
Code:
PoG @('_')@ Monkey

Code:
StopCrashingBiblePay

Code:
((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>

There's some cool 1 line ascii art here: https://1lineart.kulaone.com/#/

If you want, I can list all the nicknames I used.

Why, is that even relevant or important?

"StopCrashingBiblePay", that is such a Christian way to be Sun.  It figures it was you as you are hiding behind being Christian but not acting like one. 

Btw, stop trying to form hate groups on discord and move users over to your own private channels. 

People's messages are not being deleted if they follow the guidelines here. 

Your messages won't be deleted if they are respectful and helpful and contain the Full truth (not half truths as yours and Nokos have been).

Also, Please stop being disrespectful on our forum.

Thanks for taking our chain down Sun; thats one thing Ive always disliked is hackers in prod. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 04:56:17 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2019, 05:12:29 PM by bible_pay

Thanks.

Let me continue to do more testing.  Most likely we will need a mandatory upgrade release with a safer/more stable environment while we wait for Evolution.  We may have to disable POG and move to POBH temporarily, we're checking.

Waiting to see the outcome of this.. If you have to drop POG temporarily, how does this affect the PODC vote?

The PODC retirement vote is winning by 100, so we only have 80 more blocks before it would be retired anyway.

Nothing changes... as far as that goes.  The governance module should come back up and we will see if any changes are occuring to that vote over the next 10 days (IE governance does not go away).

The only thing that changes is blocks pay 50-50 to POW - Sanctuary (IE 5000 to POW/5000 to Sanc after governance escrow %) for a while, until Evolution.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
vahtis

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 05:36:23 PM

You don't sanitize the nicknames? Maybe make the parser smarter and filter out anything non-alphanumeric between <nickname> and </nickname>?

I've had the nicknames:
Code:
PoG @('_')@ Monkey

Code:
StopCrashingBiblePay

Code:
((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>

There's some cool 1 line ascii art here: https://1lineart.kulaone.com/#/

If you want, I can list all the nicknames I used.

Why, is that even relevant or important?

"StopCrashingBiblePay", that is such a Christian way to be Sun.  It figures it was you as you are hiding behind being Christian but not acting like one. 

Btw, stop trying to form hate groups on discord and move users over to your own private channels. 

People's messages are not being deleted if they follow the guidelines here. 

Your messages won't be deleted if they are respectful and helpful and contain the Full truth (not half truths as yours and Nokos have been).

Also, Please stop being disrespectful on our forum.

Thanks for taking our chain down Sun; thats one thing Ive always disliked is hackers in prod. 

Rob you are being very disrespectful. I know for sure that Sun in not hacking network and he did not bring chain down on purpose. You really need to man up and admit that developers have pushed faulty code into production in a rush. This is what bring the chain down.

What comes to those nicks I see them very differently
Code:
PoG @('_')@ Monkey
I find this very clever usage of ascii and it is art.

Code:
StopCrashingBiblePay
This one is more asking for fixing the issues into code. We have been reporting them into github and given you developers as much support as we can. Personally I have even debugged application to find out reason for crashing.

One more thing. Rob do not judge people by rumors. Sun is NOT creating hate groups. We are discussing about the things that bother us and we have right to opinions even they are not aligned with yours.
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 05:44:03 PM

I do think this should have been tested in testnet early on (special characters etc in the text fields).  I am curious how this is different than tx  message strings(Would this have a similar effect). 

I cannot say it was malicious (with intent to crash the chain), I suspect it was only a matter of time before someone/something did this.

I do think we can add some tests to testnet next time around with this knowledge.
fearfighter

Activity: 109

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 05:59:13 PM

if all it took was a nickname to crash the code then the dev should be glad to know it
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 06:39:15 PM

Thanks.

Let me continue to do more testing.  Most likely we will need a mandatory upgrade release with a safer/more stable environment while we wait for Evolution.  We may have to disable POG and move to POBH temporarily, we're checking.

The PODC retirement vote is winning by 100, so we only have 80 more blocks before it would be retired anyway.

Nothing changes... as far as that goes.  The governance module should come back up and we will see if any changes are occuring to that vote over the next 10 days (IE governance does not go away).

The only thing that changes is blocks pay 50-50 to POW - Sanctuary (IE 5000 to POW/5000 to Sanc after governance escrow %) for a while, until Evolution.

Wait, WHAT?
Sorry, but this is ridiculous. May I remind you that the proposal was not just simply "retire PODC?" but actually "retire PODC in favour of POG?"! So by all that is right, if you now make the (rushed) decision to simply bury POG for good, then this whole proposal/vote has no more legitimacy whatsoever!

So what you're saying now is, we not only give up on POG (which more and more seems to have been in beta stage at best), but also simultaneously bury the ONE system that has worked for more than a year now? And we're going back to our good old trusty botnet-mining?

I hate to say it, but I'm afraid as soon as any exchange is gonna open up our trading again (that is if there is still an exchange patiently enough ...) this coin will dump hard. Sad
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 07:15:09 PM

Amen.
Amen to your remark too, Tom, thanks for your support.

You guys are the highest caliber people I ever met; people who stab others in the back when they are drowning.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 07:18:25 PM

I admit I'm human and weak at times. It happens to all of us. Being able to admit your vulnerability and work on your shortcomings, makes you a stronger person in Faith. I hope you can do the same and relate to all of us in a way that earns respect and shows you as a spiritual and sacrificial leader.

The same group is here for BBP sun, Jaap took a sabatical, and as you can see Togo is still here.  Luke started working doubles at work.

Please take your negative attitude away from this forum.

Im not hiding my mistakes Sun!  I admit there are flaws in POG, why do think Im fixing it?

The difference is we dont need to attack each other disrespectfully.  If I have a problem with you or your code Ill mention it respectfully.  Thats all Im asking.

You deleted the roadmap without asking.  I said I forgave you.  Wasnt I really nice about it?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 07:21:17 PM

I do think this should have been tested in testnet early on (special characters etc in the text fields).  I am curious how this is different than tx  message strings(Would this have a similar effect). 

I cannot say it was malicious (with intent to crash the chain), I suspect it was only a matter of time before someone/something did this.

I do think we can add some tests to testnet next time around with this knowledge.

I made the assumption that our LIMITED_STRING was enough to prevent any effects of memory corruption, and for that I apologize to everyone.
In the future we wont base any production code on any untrusted user entered field ever again.

In my mind, the most effect the nickname could have had in the map was : Swear word (and we added code to remove those) and length, sorry guys.

In Evolution we will check every outside entry point in the smart contract processor.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 07:24:54 PM

Thanks.

Wait, WHAT?
Sorry, but this is ridiculous. May I remind you that the proposal was not just simply "retire PODC?" but actually "retire PODC in favour of POG?"! So by all that is right, if you now make the (rushed) decision to simply bury POG for good, then this whole proposal/vote has no more legitimacy whatsoever!

So what you're saying now is, we not only give up on POG (which more and more seems to have been in beta stage at best), but also simultaneously bury the ONE system that has worked for more than a year now? And we're going back to our good old trusty botnet-mining?

I hate to say it, but I'm afraid as soon as any exchange is gonna open up our trading again (that is if there is still an exchange patiently enough ...) this coin will dump hard. Sad

Dave, We arent saying it that way.  The point is Prod is down due to a malfunction in POG, and reliability and security are paramount now.

What I am saying is the vote for PODC retired PODC at the cutover height.  Next comes POW mining and stability.

Evolution will be ready in testnet within 10 days. 
We will have green features in the smart contract within 20 days after that date.  Just help us make a good product.

I'm not risking a fix to POG right now because I cant risk an unstable Prod environment during the interim between now and the Evo release.

None of this was done on purpose; this is something we have to go through for stability.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 07:25:35 PM

I made the assumption that our LIMITED_STRING was enough to prevent any effects of memory corruption, and for that I apologize to everyone.
In the future we wont base any production code on any untrusted user entered field ever again.

In my mind, the most effect the nickname could have had in the map was : Swear word (and we added code to remove those) and length, sorry guys.

In Evolution we will check every outside entry point in the smart contract processor.

I appreciate the candor,   and yes not trusting any user input is a great default state.. (intentionally or not User's are most often the cause of systems going awry)

I'll admit I didn't consider special characters having an impact either..
Pages: « 1 ... 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 [648] 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: