Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:02:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: COMPANIES IN JAPAN PAYING SALARY IN BITCOIN  (Read 1484 times)
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:38:34 AM

True or not, I'd prefer a "stable coin" as salary with little to no volatility as paycheck needs to be planned for savings, bills, etc.
I would not want to lose $200-$300 every pay day (Gain is ok haha  Grin)

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:52:34 AM

True or fake news, in my opinion it still not advisable because there are disadvantages paying salary in Bitcoin, some people have lack of knowledge and are not aware of how to use cryptocurrency and hence open themselves to hacker. The technology is somewhat complex and therefore one needs to be mindful of it and not many websites and markets or stores accept digital currencies yet. Very few countries have legalized the use of cryptocurrencies, it makes it impractical for everyday use.
zedaq

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:57:14 AM

Good step and it will impact positively on coinmarket and hope other countries like Russia,USA,S.korea will do it.
But this is not yet accurate information, of course, as I said before, it's really cool, because such actions will unambiguously lead to the globalization of the crypto-currency industry all over the world
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:19:21 AM

COMPANIES IN JAPAN PAYING SALARY IN BITCOIN
This is very good for bitcoin and also altcoin  if all contries like Japan  become crypto friendly then crypto world be amazing for crypto lovers  and many will become millionaire and billionaire

Ya i agree that if more countries follow the usage of crypto as salary and even more heavy usage for example payment in no time there will be a big increase in crypto adopter and more awareness of crypto to the general public, which is a very good free advertisement for crypto.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
kafiddrhman

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:35:40 AM

I think that is an old news. I have read and heard the news in December 2017; at that time, that is a plan from some companies there. But I don't know whether they are truly doing this or not.
maaldaz

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:52:37 AM

As the time goes, i think more countries will also implementing/using bitcoin as the way of payment. It also doesn't close the chance that altcoins will also be used.

chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:59:17 AM

This is very good for bitcoin and also altcoin  if all contries like Japan  become crypto friendly then crypto world be amazing for crypto lovers  and many will become millionaire and billionaire
if the news is really like that there, it's really fun in my opinion because it makes it easy if I want to invest Bitcoin directly into your wallet, don't bother going into the exchange to buy Bitcoin
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:06:20 AM

While this is a laudable development, it would be more valid if you posted a link of the source of this news alongside. I'm sure such link would carry the names of such companies and some people would like to verify it. But ultimate, this is a news that benefits BTC majorly, not sure what the impact will be for alts in the short run.
pearcy jackson

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:18:13 AM

I agree this is good news, but I think specifically for BTC and Crypto in general. I'm sure BTC will rise if more and more use it, like the Japanese company. and altcoin  Huh ? I don't know, altcoin for me is still a little dubious.
jemarleon

Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:19:20 AM

Thats great news but can you show us the link of this article to confirm if its true or not, because if its true this will give more impact to the market.

BTW this topic does not belong here, you can move it to Bitcoin Discussion https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=1.0.
gredisgold88

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:24:42 AM

It looks like receiving a bitcoin wage is not an attractive option, https://news.bitcoin.com/66-of-cryptocurrency-enthusiasts-dont-want-to-receive-wages-in-fiat/

It is interesting to see whether Bitcoin or crypto currency will be an employee's wage payment option.
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 11:27:34 AM

That's good of course. We also have a project in the Philippines under the loyalty reward system that is tokenized and can be used globally wherever their partner merchants are available. It's better that the traditional reward system and I know there are other crypto currency that are being used in real life and will soon be used massively.

baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:30:30 AM

I think right now it might be a good thing because when bitcoin will grow those people will have a nice amount of money. I wouldn't recommend it until it gets more stable.
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:31:04 AM

This is the first time I've heard of this, what an interesting development.  Imagine if BTC takes a dive though, your salary range could vary by so much!  Do you have a list or know which companies are currently doing this?
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:35:14 AM

this is good for bitcoin but not good for worker
i mean if the price of bitcoin very low like this time workers will not get a full salary
BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2086
Merit: 593

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:40:08 AM

It would be quite a risky move to accept payment in Bitcoin, especially if it is your sole salary. I would think that this would be an optional move, as I can't imagine that many people would gladly accept Bitcoin knowing what cndition the market is in right now, it's never a good idea to mess around with your only income!

xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:26:47 PM

We are already seeing this trend in some important countries. Yes, it is not only happening in Japan.

Europe is in too: https://bitcoingarden.org/lithuanian-start-up-paying-salaries-in-crypto/

This is really big in fact. If more companies follow, the possible implementations and the price of Bitcoin will probably increase a lot in a short amount of time.

Of course, it will be the starting point. We have to wait until Bitcoin stabilizes more before we are really close to a worldwide Cryptocurrency.
CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:00:49 PM

I think this is a very smart step and more companies will join this. I think it will take at least another few years for this to become popular.
Kasliono

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:07:27 PM

I totally agree with you, It is a good news for cryptocurrency, when people already accept bitcoin as a payment even for their sallary, it means that the prices of bitcoin and altcoin will be stable and Steady. We don't need cash and Money changer anymore, even bank.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:24:13 PM

True or not, I'd prefer a "stable coin" as salary with little to no volatility as paycheck needs to be planned for savings, bills, etc.
I would not want to lose $200-$300 every pay day (Gain is ok haha  Grin)
Yeah, it kinda sucks when you get paid with a volatile currency and its value is like a roller coaster ride and I think most of the people don't like that to happen, just like what you have just said, what if the time of your payday is the same time as the market bloodbath, what would that person feel if he really needs some cash that day? that's pretty frustrating, right? Grin
But if Japan tries to test that kind of method of payment on the salary on their country, I don't think that their citizens gonna support it in my own point of view. Cheesy
I'd prefer a "stable coin" as salary.
Me either, and I don't think that there are people that want Bitcoin as a salary for their stable jobs. Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: