Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ArtByte - the cryptocurrency for the arts!  (Read 143216 times)
KMN

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:19:48 AM

why networkhash is more than officepool hash??

and officalpool limit 25mhz for miner....

Huh??

so scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:30:46 AM

Huh??

so scam?

There is almost 250 Mh here.  http://hashgoal.com/pool/ABY/

KMN

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:41:17 AM

Huh??

so scam?

There is almost 250 Mh here.  http://hashgoal.com/pool/ABY/

limit 25MH for miner , wTF?
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 05:06:50 AM

Huh??

so scam?

The official pool limit is 25mhs per person, total official pool hash is currently 300mhs, there is another pool out there, and solo miners using asics on windows.

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 05:07:43 AM

Applebyte (BTC-ABY) is pleased to announce that we are now listed on Bittrex:
Bittrex BTC-ABY

Also traded on Poloniex:
Poloniex ABY/BTC

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
sgm3lvin

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:20:14 AM

yeah that doesn't make alot of sense to me with your statement about the internet fuking things up man. If anything it opened the doors to people who otherwise would never be heard. Now if i want to put an album out i can and if it survives its because of its merit and not because some shitty radio station has jammed it down the throat of the masses. Crypto opens up a whole new way for people to vote with their funds and i think we will see the impact that it brings in the near future.

I think you and the previous poster, <GailSan> are coming at the same point in different ways. Yes as an artist I can publish my work on the internet, which is fantastic! The difficulty we face, as artists is that once posted, how do we drive traffic to our site. This is where AppleByte can help. We are building a solid community of artists and art lovers, which gives artists a passionate audience of potential fans who know about their work. Through our Twitter, FB, and other communities, we can introduce artists and fans to each other. Than as you say, the audience will decide on the merit of the work. This will become even more powerful when we release out new Twitter app, allowing people to tip artists via their twitter account (in testing now, to be released in two weeks). And for musicians at least our site allowing them to sell their music for applebytes gives them another venue and income source.

Don't underestimate the power of a focused community. Artists like art (music, dance, film, visual art, etc). Our focus is to connect these artist fans, to other artists, and through applebytes, give them the financial means to support the art they like. The non-artist fans will flock to this community as well.

Additionally, giving artists the chance to earn AppleBytes via putting them in circulation (via the orchard (faucet)) and the opportunity to mine them with their CPU (our official pool pays a bonus to CPU miners), gives starving artists, not only a chance to better support their own career, but share with other artists as well.

I like the whole idea and direction. Clear concise n hopefully ur community will only be stronger. Congratz on ur recent listing in bittrex and poloniex, nonetheless the risk. I've invested some to show support. Smiley
andyou1234

Activity: 938

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:41:08 AM

Looks have a sense of science and technology logo,i like it.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:18:41 AM

This is just a : Scrypt Algorithm?

What's it hashing at? 2.18 GH/s?
http://hashgoal.com/algorithm/scrypt

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
CryptoCurrencyInc.com

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:24:28 AM

You should start a campaign on "Hollywood Boulevard" and promote AppleByte coins to Hollywood actors, actresses, & musicians.
Tell them to use their scam U.S. currency and buy ApplyByte coins, this way the money they earned can't be control by the Illuminati forever.

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

swiss_trueness

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:39:53 PM

This sounds very interesting. Keep watching and bought a little today.
Best regards from Switzerland.
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:19:43 PM

Why this coin has been added on Bittrex? No reason?
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:23:57 PM

Why this coin has been added on Bittrex? No reason?

Actually ABY is one of the only Alts that have gone up in value!  I miss the days of solo mining the shit out of this coin!!  Cheesy

hayabusa911

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:43:54 PM

I just bought some ABY on ebay!  Wasn't expecting to see it there. A little overpriced but whatever! Was if from one of you guys?

ATPBH4tpoGWH5fvHsnKDHfvGMi7Gtkad3r
kirilvvbg

Activity: 213

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:22:48 AM

This thing with the 25MH is... a bit obscure...

Cannot be found on website (may be somewhere in the forums, but not sure)...
For sure there is nothing on the announcement here in BCT...

But it can be found on the pool... where it says: "...the AppleByte Pool does not permit accounts using over 25MHS"
OK, fair enough... And this statement made me think pool is able to control MHS like other did it before (MIN, LIMI, etc.) - and how they did it: even if you get double hashes, they will be counted only as 25MH... So, I started to mine today, after notifying the coin is on trex...
And yes, I have small asic (29MH) which was cut to 25MH as statistics in the pool were showing...

But just couple of hours later, when trying to log in the pool, I received this message: "Unable to login: Account locked. Please Check your Email for instructions to unlock"... Yes, I got e-mail from the pool with very good UNLOCK instructions: "Your pool account has been locked for exceeding the pool limit of 25mhs per person."... No "Hi", no "dear", no whatever... And certainly no instructions how to unlock account, some explanations, even may be suggestions how to lower my hashes (for sure I do not know - it is plug and mine asic)...

Friendly, very friendly attitude.... Thank you, AppleBytes... For sure I would not allow you to "byte.me" again...

First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 03:44:55 PM

This thing with the 25MH is... a bit obscure...

But it can be found on the pool... where it says: "...the AppleByte Pool does not permit accounts using over 25MHS"
OK, fair enough... And this statement made me think pool is able to control MHS like other did it before (MIN, LIMI, etc.) - and how they did it: even if you get double hashes, they will be counted only as 25MH... So, I started to mine today, after notifying the coin is on trex...
And yes, I have small asic (29MH) which was cut to 25MH as statistics in the pool were showing...

Your hash rate showing on the pool varied between 29 & 30. You said, your read the limit on the pool, but mined it with 29mhs anyway. and tried to adjust it unsuccessfully. It would not be fair to our other miners, who keep their accounts under 25mhs, to leave yours running. It says the limit on the front page of the pool, as well as why we do it.

It is not a question of friendliness, it is a question of Support staff time. We post it clearly. Those that exceed we lock & immediately send them an email. Most that get the email, reply and say they have lowered their hash rate to meet the limit and we unlock it.

First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 06:14:13 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 06:25:03 PM by First.Bitcoins

AppleByte is six months old today!
From the beginning we have said we are building for the longterm, and we are pleased with our progress to date.

To be successful longterm, a coin needs to meet the needs of three separate groups:

1. Real users - in our case, the community of artists (actors, filmakers, musicians, visual artists, etc) & art lovers worldwide
2. Miners - essential to supporting the network
3. Investors/Traders - because they are the ones who make the market - without them, who will the users & merchants sell the coins to

Our success to date is reflected in our price and growing industry recognition

We are one of the very few coins that has risen consistently in price this year.  
Yesterday we started trading on Bittrex. We have been traded on Poloniex since launch. Here is today's chart:

Recent industry recognition:

A nice twitter acknowledgement from a friend in NYC

GoCoin Chairman & Co-founder, Brock Pierce twitter acknowledgement

Update on longterm plan:

Real users

- our social media reach is now over 13,000 - 80% artists & art lovers, 20% crypto fans
 - they can mine, using the CPU on their laptops, and receive coins everyday, due to the bonus we pay CPU & GPU miners in the official pool
 - we promote AppleByte artists using our social media & forum, helping to build their careers
 - artist awards and scholarships given by the AppleByte Foundation
 - we provide places to spend AppleBytes (prepaid AppleByte VISA card, AMC Movie gift cards, Starbucks gift cards, restaurant gift cards, etc (subsidized by the AppleByte Foundation)

- in current development: A twitter tipping app & and a site to sell music for AppleBytes

Miners
 - to support the broadest spectrum of miners, we limit the maximum hash per user on the official pool to 25mhs, keeping it profitable for GPU users, while accepting some ASICS
 - we held back the release of the linux source, to keep out the large multipools

Investors/Traders
 - listed on Poloniex on launch day
 - added Bittrex, 10/31/14
 - no pump & dump (Devs were paid in Bitcoin) not ABY

The reality of longterm altcoin success is that all the members of Bitcointalk combined are not enough people to build a longterm user community. The real users are outside Bitcointalk. Without real users, altcoins are nothing but pump & dumps. Think about it, how many "technological breakthrough" coins have come and gone this year?

Longterm success comes from outside. For example, no matter what your opinion of Doge, they proved the users are elsewhere, and built a real community outside these forums. I applaud them for that. And with the GoCoin/Bitpay/Paypal deal, they are here to stay.

Thanks to all of you who supported AppleByte, and helped us build the foundation of success that we have today.
If you have not joined us, I invite you to do your own diligence and join us if you believe we are on the right track.

JM Cabaniss
AppleByte Founder
(You can reach me direct at: jmc<at>applebyte.me. My name & the names of our lead technical developers have been public from prelaunch

swiss_trueness

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:19:57 PM

There's nearly no interest on bittrex.  Huh you need to raise the comm. How may we help you?
sucksyd

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:03:55 PM

Im getting ahead of my self though and this coin isnt about being global which is fair enough. What I said still applies, but I guess
more for the NY area. Then again why not global? seems like a pretty big chunk of the market you guys have cut your self off from.. Anyway I wish you all the best of luck with the coin. I will of course pick
some up  Cool

AppleByte actually is global. We are currently following a two prong strategy.

1. Is to spread the word globally, primarily through building our Twitter & Facebook community. And that strategy will gain significant momentum when we release our app to tip artists via their twitter accounts (in testing now, to be released in the next two weeks).

2. Since we are in NYC, and it has perhaps the greatest concentration of artists of any city in the world, we are focusing on local artists. events, and promotions.

We simply don't yet have the budget or manpower to do that in every city at once. Where we are going though, is just like bitcoin, where local centers of volunteers or staff exist to better reach the local community.

But I vey much appreciate your feedback. If we are projecting a NY centric image, We need to review our website, forums, social media, and correct that.

ahead of you is the failure of vidio so how do you solve the doubts ;first artists need real money to feed themselves coz booze needs real money .second,if there are no global companies involved in ,this means nothing to both the artists and the fans.
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 01:18:44 AM

Here are the latest places our users can spend their AppleBytes!

From the AppleByte Forum Places to use AppleBytes

swiss_trueness

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:55:13 AM

Nice - your coin has a huge potential in it!

Didn't expect that actors could really change their ABY's to a VISA-prepayd-card. That is awesome!

I think as soon as some famous artists have heard of your coin, they'll spread the word. It'll just needs some patience.

Good luck!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: