Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:18:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you think ICO is necessary?  (Read 658 times)
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:08:03 AM

Just advise other way to raise funds..

At the moment ICO is the best solution. It is not expensive, it could raise a lot of funds, it is not so hard to organize and lunch.

I agree, trust in ICO is less than it was last year. I, personally invested just twice during this year. Not only because of scam, mostly because of coin price.
After ICO it is much cheaper to buy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:58:02 AM

Irrespective of problems encountered by crypto enthusiasts like fake icos, scammers and delay. I think ICO plays an important rule in execution of sound projects. So Without ICO, most coins  find it difficult to raise funds to execute their project. Without ICO, coins or projects will find it difficult to advertise their project, without  ICO, projects will find it difficult to reach the right audience, Etc.therefore I believe in ICO because it enable me to research, analyst and evaluate the potentials of that project. Do you also believe in ICO?

Obviously they are important because without them there is no real deal. I mean in the real world IPO is formed whenever there is new project or entity is getting launched. They do this so that people can come to know about the establishment of new firms or projects and also raise the money at the same time. This is very much important step in the crypto sphere too as there is no other way to gain such high amount of money and then deliver the project roadmap. Yes, there are fake and fraud cases all the time but we cant anything about it as there are also nice projects emerging and who can benefit us as the investors.
SoulRey

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:53:53 PM

As already mentioned by other forum members.
Yes, ICO is necessary for crypto currency, but before you invest you need to study the project in which you are going to invest.
But the ICO also carries the risk of fraud and you need to invest the funds that you will be ready to lose (I think so), you do not need to invest the last money and hope that you will earn millions.
Scientest

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:57:25 PM

Without ICO how will the innovative idea come up? Only ICO can flourish the chance of spreading the blockchain based currency a.k.a cryptocurrency. Different people will come up with new ideas and it requires ICO for making the idea a successful one.
Torps1

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:04:31 PM

Yes....I think it is necessary so as to raise the required fund to execute intended projects. Founders may have ideas but no funds, that's where ICO's comes into play. However, the ICO system needs a holistic approach to get rid of fraudulent activities.
omedian

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:11:22 PM

Irrespective of problems encountered by crypto enthusiasts like fake icos, scammers and delay. I think ICO plays an important rule in execution of sound projects. So Without ICO, most coins  find it difficult to raise funds to execute their project. Without ICO, coins or projects will find it difficult to advertise their project, without  ICO, projects will find it difficult to reach the right audience, Etc.therefore I believe in ICO because it enable me to research, analyst and evaluate the potentials of that project. Do you also believe in ICO?
Yeah, there are too many SCAMs in the ICO market, but I hope this is just a matter of time. More and more platforms that will "filter" ICOs and help reliable projects to raise funds are emerging today.

doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:11:38 PM

ICO is a process on which the coins is at the state where investors could buy it, I mean it is a lot of cheaper and you could make bigger profits when you are going to invest in an ICO than buying in the market, it depends if that certain ICO will pay you then that would be a sure profit. Without an ICO, yes it would be hard to sell the coins peer to peer, that would be a time consuming and too hassle for the team to do, it will cost a lot more money for them.

The only negative thing about ICO these days are they are turning scams at the end, which is pretty sad if you spent months on them yet at the end you will realized you are hoping for nothing at all.
Patmille

Activity: 243

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:21:18 PM

ico is necessary since new project needed funds to pursue the development of it. these icos are a way of soliciting funds and in return they promise their investor that theyll profit in the market. some give certain privilege for investors in their project.
LuaKT

Activity: 162

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:30:46 PM

They can surely create and develope their own technologies with 1m dollar also but i need icos necessary for that ecosystem. Because people always try to find new technologies and updated versions like telephones.In the world now people wants to buy new telephone everyyear. so we can think icos like that. but surely they need to collect less amount of money. they are not collecting money for developments only. they are collecting for lambo homes future insurance etc. Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
kokrokok

Activity: 447
Merit: 11

Koinomo

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:35:21 PM

yes ico is very influential in the development stage because with the ico funds the project can run well, but there are also some coins that don't need ico maybe they already have many partners and a lot of their own funds so they can develop well

otunyot

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 06:37:37 PM

ICO is an effective way of crowdfunding in Cryptocurrency community.  It has an advantage of liquidity  for Cryptocurrency market as a whole,  and it could also attract investment from non Cryptocurrency community.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:32:47 PM

ICO is a fundraising tool, many ideas are utopian, but some of them are really cool.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 07:48:10 PM

Yeah, there are too many SCAMs in the ICO market, but I hope this is just a matter of time. More and more platforms that will "filter" ICOs and help reliable projects to raise funds are emerging today.

Initially many users got fooled by the scam ICO's, but as time goes on the users are turning out to be more careful and they do a thorough research about the project and then they get involved in the ICO. I believe more moderators should be added to the forum to monitor almost all the ICO projects which are advertised here in bitcointalk forum to avoid further scams.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:16:35 PM

I think ico is not necessary for a project there are other methods to raise funds but to be honest icos are the easiest way to raise funds because you have no binding of repayments, because if they get funds from other sources like banks or financial institutes they will have to pay interests and also pay back the loans within specific period of time, that is why icos are getting popular as they are global and with no pressure on team other than project delivery.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:57:10 PM

In order for most of these trash projects to raise funds, ICOs are about the only way. They can't launch an IPO because they have no product or often even a company, and nobody would provide them a single cent. Right now, most ICOs are just snatching as much money from the market as they possibly can before they disappear into obscurity in a few years. Very few projects have a genuine vision for the future that they want to implement.
Cojiro

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:01:21 PM

crypto world cannot be separated from the ICO
because altcoins that have a capital market now are the results of ICOs that were done before the other ICOs appeared
Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:09:34 PM

ICO is a great ways introduce a project to everyone who wanted to invest regardless of life status. With respect to scams and other fraudulent actions of other groups of people who seems to ruin the reputations of crypto currency projects with a wrong perceptions. This has come to a point that people lost trust of crypto because of these reasons. Overall it's really necessary for us in order to grow the demand of the crowd funding of a certain project.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
nemey

Activity: 658

Catena X

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:00:52 PM

I think it is not about the necessary. I think that ICO is an opportunity that we must take based on the smart analysis and wise decision. ICO is actually very worthy as long as we can ensure about 80% if it is legit, not scams. growingly, ICO offers the very compatible and advanced technology and concept. It has included many fields in the world.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
fakegurutu

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:06:45 PM

Every coins that will be created out there should launch an ICO, first of all, it needs a lot of investments so that the project will pursue and continues, another thing is it needs promotion and advertisement so launch a bounty campaign. These are just the two main reasons why ICO is very much necessary.
andreijoaquin

Activity: 173
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:07:44 PM

For those who are in investment I think ICO is really important because it plays a major role in giving information about the project. Through ICO the whole information is complete including the future development and analysis of the project. For some critics just by reading their ANN thread they can easily assess if the project will succeed or just a scam. It is also a way to increase awareness for the end user of the project.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: