Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:51:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **Breaking news** Satoshi Nakamotos identity revealed  (Read 77421 times)
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:50:56 PM

Honestly who cares.  Like he said, Bitcoin is bigger than him now and he's no longer in control.  If it's him then he's a genius and deserves the riches.  If it's not he'll sue stupid Newsweek for ruining his life and get rich that way.  

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:54:02 PM

Now that he has nothing to hide anymore, he is probably going to throw his coins in the market
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:56:00 PM

I think Bitcoin loses something, when the creator gets found. I like it that the creator is anonymous. So everybody could say he is Satoshi and part of the revolution. So my opinion might not me neutral. But I think this stinks and the guy of this article is not the creator. Or let's say I am really sceptical...

I go with Charlie Shem:
“I find it hard to believe that a guy who’s name is Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto who went sooo far, farther than anyone I know to hide is anonymity, signed messages with PGP, used a throw away email address, avoided all emails about his personal life, worked for the US government, would use his REAL name on potentially the most groundbreaking technological innovation of our time.”

and Jeff Garzik:
This Newsweek article is no more, or less, credible than other articles supposing to find Satoshi. It offers zero credible evidence that he designed bitcoin. We will know Satoshi by his digital signatures: the “real” Satoshi can easily prove their identity by (a) signing a message with his well-known PGP key, or (b) signing a message using bitcoins presumed to be mined and held by Satoshi.
http://www.coindesk.com/denial-outrage-acceptance-reactions-satoshi-nakamotos-unmasking/

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
bananas

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:57:16 PM

the family is already in flames discussing the billions they have, his woman is asking for divorce right now.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:57:51 PM

From the article: "She also describes her father as a man who worked all hours, from before the family rose in the morning to late into the night."

This roughly fits with one piece of data about Satoshi - one thing  I read a while back is that analysis of the timing of his emails and posts showed that he was typically inactive from 12:00 to 6 AM, eastern standard time. At the time I figured this meant he was most likely living on the east coast of the U.S. But if he was an early riser, the "dead time" pattern makes more sense.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
gollum

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:05:04 PM

MSM is known for fooling people, this article is a distraction from the truth - Satoshi is not a person, it is a team of developers, probably employed by NSA.
Purpose? Testing out a digital currency that can be traced and make it easier for the government to tax and control people.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:08:08 PM

Honestly who cares.  Like he said, Bitcoin is bigger than him now and he's no longer in control.  If it's him then he's a genius and deserves the riches.  If it's not he'll sue stupid Newsweek for ruining his life and get rich that way.  

If he actually confirmed it, what justification does he have for suing them?  He would have refused to talk to them and threatened legal action.  I don't necessarily believe that either a) he confirmed it or b) that it was true.  The story just doesn't make sense.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:08:53 PM

Now that he has nothing to hide anymore, he is probably going to throw his coins in the market

I would think his wife and kids would at least request he sell a few. Wink 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:09:57 PM

If he actually confirmed it, what justification does he have for suing them?  He would have refused to talk to them and threatened legal action.  I don't necessarily believe that either a) he confirmed it or b) that it was true.  The story just doesn't make sense.

Didn't they post pictures that gives away his location?  They took them down but that is a huge security issue for him so he would have grounds for a lawsuit for that I would think.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:10:37 PM

This is fake Smiley
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:12:55 PM

1.  Satoshi wanted to be outed someday.  What good is being a genius without recognition?

Most intellectuals achieve fame long after their death.

That generally only happens when their contributions have been largely ignored during their lifetime. There are not many great scientists who would refuse a Nobel Prize.
kthejung

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:13:03 PM

dude, everyone knows that the real Satoshi is really a green alien just like Dr. Wiley in Mega Man 2.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 06:16:47 PM

This is fake Smiley

god dammit just play along.. i wanna see where this goes.   Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:17:45 PM

Didn't they post pictures that gives away his location?  They took them down but that is a huge security issue for him so he would have grounds for a lawsuit for that I would think.

Barbra Streisand filed a similar lawsuit about a picture of her coastal home.  She not only lost but was ordered to pay costs and fees for the other side under California's anti-SLAPP law.  Publishing photographs of a building that is visible from the public is generally not actionable in the context of truthful reporting (assuming this actually is truthful reporting).

This guy may not be a public figure for general purposes like Streisand, but is certainly a public figure at least for the limited purposes of discussing a subject of legitimate news interest, that is, Bitcoin, especially if he actually admitted to having invented it.
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Coinoholic

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:20:19 PM

There's one major hole in this story which I will present to you in one simple sentence.

The man in this article is not me, I am Satoshi Nakamoto.

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
Arksun

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:22:35 PM

It could easily be true.  Don't forget, when Bitcoin started it was nothing, just an idea of what money could be, it took time before it exploded into what it is today. So given its very humble beginnings and zero certainty, what reason would he have to use an alias?

Once the media and internet whipped it up into mythical status, well, by that point no-ones gonna believe there's actually a real person with that name! which would explain why no-one thought of this guy till now, because who's gonna believe he'd use his real name then, right?

But whether this is really the guy, or not the guy, this journalist should be ashamed of herself, she really didn't think this through. The bottom line is, there will be thiefs and kidnappers out there that will assume he still holds the keys to an insanely huge amount of wealth on a hard drive that he owns. recklessly revealing soo much personal info puts not only his life, but the life of any close friends and relatives at risk.
Because of this, I really hope that he IS the real Satoshi, and that he does still hold his bitcoins, because at least that'll give him some financial leverage to dissapear or at the very least relocate.

But if this guy isn't Satoshi and lives a humble life because thats all he can afford... then I would not want to be in his shoes right now when he gets the call that his mother/brother/sister has been kidnapped and will be killed unless he hands over all his Bitcoins.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
bananas

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:24:14 PM

jerem2398

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:24:36 PM

If it really is him, he might as well come back to the forum and join the Bitcoin scene once more. The community could use his intelligence as well as he could use our support since he will be getting a good deal of attention now. It was his idea, he should stick with it to some extent in the same way Bill Gates keeps up with Microsoft.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 06:24:56 PM

Just wanna know what happened to all those theories about satoshi nakamoto  is not a person, it is a team of developers. I don't know how credible the article is .

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:25:20 PM

He's not going to do anything to confirm himself as being "the" Satoshi, because he clearly does not want to be ID'd as such. That said, he's going to need a quiet place to hang out for a while, until the furor dies down. And some security upgrades around the house while he's at it. God bless him and keep him.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: