Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 04:46:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency  (Read 45091 times)
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3038

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 11:28:28 PM

so just flashed braiins os , i can ssh in but cant get to the web interface,

What browser you are using?

Try to clean the browser's history and cache or use incognito to test if you can access the WebGUI.

Also, try to hard reset the control board follow this guide below.

- While the control board is on hold IPreporter for 15 secs then release.
- It will automatically restart.
- After that test it again.

Update here if it doesn't work.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Freemine-001010

Activity: 139
Merit: 46

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 01:31:38 AM

so got it working ,  had to download a new copy of brains,
and ran the command to install to nand, and now it works,

the first time it was restarting every couple min ,
after this its now stable,

one question i have is there a graph or chart that lays out the over clocking
for each factory set and what to clock it to ,  

seeing some of my hash boards drop to 0 when using user defined freq
and not overclocking  but under clocking ,  im doing this because
some of the boards i have run hot and others dont so im tying to
turn the freq down on the hot boards and run the others @ 1.00 speed

any insights would be helpful ,  im using different config files triggered by cron tabs

mainly i have to under clock during the day as its hot still , and near normal speed at night  30-49% during the day and 85-95% at night

Thanks

FREEMINE
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 04:02:56 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2019, 01:37:57 AM by frodocooper

This was already explained on this thread. If you input values the hashboards won't tolerate, they drop to 0 hash, and a bit before that, they may exhibit a high error rate.

As i explained before, when this happens you have two choices: Either reduce speed (in Mhz), or increase voltage. Every hashboard is different and no single universal value works across all, you have to try with each of them find the most efficient setup. Various people have successfully underclocked and overclocked the boards. Underclocking maximizes eficiency, but after a point it starts becoming inefficient again until it drops to zero.

So no, there is no graph, and even if you bother to make one, it would only be valid for that specific hashboard. All hashboards react different, they should be "close", but not identical.

The first you have to do is, lower the voltage, until it fails, then go back to the previously working voltage (do this per board). If you decide to lower the speed, then after one step lowering the speed try again lowering the voltage, and so on. You would need to measure power consumption if you are looking to max efficiency. About 80 watt per THs is possible with the S9.

If your goal is not efficiency but simply the lowest noise/power, you have to try with the lowest speed and voltage you can manage without the boards dropping to zero. Remember, no hashboard is made equal. Test each separately. You may find a setting that roughly works with all, but it won't be the most optimum for all, but the one that worked with the worst performer. Which is your worst performer? Until you find it, any values you try will work in some and fail in others...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Freemine-001010

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 07:29:09 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2019, 01:38:16 AM by frodocooper

THANKS < VERY MUCH !!  Grin
Apprentice

Activity: 500
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:27:50 PM

will BOS be available for other miners? especially the new models? Whatsminer M20x, S17?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3038

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2019, 08:35:10 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2019, 01:38:36 AM by frodocooper

No, it won't work and they are not compatible.

They only supported these types of miners "Antminer S9, S9i, S9j and Dragon Mint T1 with G19 or G29 control board"

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 10:37:35 PM

will BOS be available for other miners? especially the new models? Whatsminer M20x, S17?

Yes, that is the reason they are now focusing on releasing the cgminer replacement, bOSminer. Currently its only S9, but not the latest models, and the T1.

Next year when they consider bOSminer stable enough for release, then they will start adding more hardware.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
alvinke

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 03:33:08 AM

I am using Brainns-os for my antminer S9 miner, it working fine, power consumption is very low.

But, it does not support antminer T9+, and "system.bit" no source code.

How i can get the "system.bit" for T9+? I have no idea at all, would you please supply (system.bit) to me?

thanks!thanks!thanks!
Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 05:06:01 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2019, 11:08:43 AM by frodocooper

You have to wait until they add support for T9+, its currently unsupported. This might come after bOSminer becomes stable next year.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
ainarssems

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 03:45:55 PM

I have been using Braiins for a while now and it has been working fine with stock fans.
Now I want to use S9 underclocked with external cooling and have been adding "no-sensor-scan":true, and different variations of it to the config file but it still does not work and gives 'Last cgminer quit reason: not enough fans' .
Can somebody who has got it working without fans psot a screenshot of their cgminer.conf file please?
Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2019, 04:10:18 PM

I have been using Braiins for a while now and it has been working fine with stock fans.
Now I want to use S9 underclocked with external cooling and have been adding "no-sensor-scan":true, and different variations of it to the config file but it still does not work and gives 'Last cgminer quit reason: not enough fans' .
Can somebody who has got it working without fans psot a screenshot of their cgminer.conf file please?

What has sensor detection anything to do with the presence of fans? The correct option is min-fans":"0"

Leave the sensors alone if they work fine...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
ainarssems

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 04:39:49 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2019, 12:43:40 AM by frodocooper

What has sensor detection anything to do with the presence of fans? The correct option is min-fans":"0"

Leave the sensors alone if they work fine...

Thanks man, that did it Smiley
Stealthbomber76

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 12:10:09 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2019, 12:42:28 AM by frodocooper

Not too sure if this is the correct place to post but i'm using braiins OS and Antminer S9 with a xilinx board and have a problem that after x amount of time the miner either
a) stops hashing completely when fans are turned to automatic - returns to normal after rebooting
b) hash drops to below normal ( 5k - 8k ) while normal is 13k/h - returns to normal after rebooting
Both times after reboot it works for about a day and then same thing occurs.
System log below.  This happened with Bitmain fw as well but was unable to change fan speeds there so it stoped hashing completely. Tried a different controller board and same thing is happening.
What can be wrong ? Fans ? Hash board sensors ?  If hash board sensors then disabling the sensors withing braiins OS is the only solution ? Is it possible to edit cgminer.conf without SSH like from web ui ?
Thanks for any help !

[...]

Hi. Did you get any help on this daemon err? I got about the same but different codes.

Hello there..
Been testing this fw some and i do love it! But i seem to get error as i have see one had also but i cant found the answer to it what to do...

Code:
 daemon.err cgminer[26603]
 daemon.err cgminer[29394]

Right now im using 2 Antminer s9 and both gives same error but code is different. I try to look online but not found any help Sad
THX
Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 10:27:53 PM

Hello there..
 Been testing this fw some and i do love it! But i seem to get error as i have see one had also but i cant found the answer to it what to do...
 daemon.err cgminer[26603]
 daemon.err cgminer[29394]

Right now im using 2 Antminer s9 and both gives same error but code is different. I try to look online but not found any help Sad
THX

Some error is occurring but that number is not what you think it is (don't bother searching online) this is the Process ID, in Linux when you start a program (ie. cgminer) it gets a Process ID number assigned, then after closing and reopening it gets another. All Linux process always have one of those, usually under 32768 then it goes back to nearly 1, as long as its not occupied with another process...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
BRDEJ

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 07:35:59 AM

Hi,
does anyone know, how can i set the frequency below 200 MHz?
sergw

Activity: 159
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 11:54:04 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2019, 03:05:56 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (3)

I'm using brains OS for about an year, want to say thank you to developers. it is pretty stable OS.

the issues that should be addressed ASAP:

1. temp cut on 95C - it is not good, as under high overclock it is ok to run 95-100C, so this should be tunable from GUI:  "fan-dangerous-temp":"100"
default should be: 100C

2. the same as above but for "no-sensor-scan":true - should be a checkbox in GUI

3. in case some hashboard failed the order of OC settings are shifted, Example:

if i set:

board#0 = 750 freq 8.8V
board#1 = 700 freq 9.0V
board#2 = 725 freq 8.9V

if board#1 - failed then board#2 will get "700 freq 9.0V" settings from board#1 - this is incorrect and brings problems on healthy boards. please fix this asap.
Freemine-001010

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 06:40:14 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2019, 03:06:22 AM by frodocooper

Hi,
does anyone know, how can i set the frequency below 200 MHz?

when i underclock them i can only get it to go to 200,

do you want a command to shut  off cg miner and put the fans to lowest pwm setting ?
Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 08:03:49 PM

I'm using brains OS for about an year, want to say thank you to developers. it is pretty stable OS.

the issues that should be addressed ASAP:

1. temp cut on 95C - it is not good, as under high overclock it is ok to run 95-100C, so this should be tunable from GUI:  "fan-dangerous-temp":"100"
default should be: 100C

2. the same as above but for "no-sensor-scan":true - should be a checkbox in GUI

3. in case some hashboard failed the order of OC settings are shifted, Example:

if i set:

board#0 = 750 freq 8.8V
board#1 = 700 freq 9.0V
board#2 = 725 freq 8.9V

if board#1 - failed then board#2 will get "700 freq 9.0V" settings from board#1 - this is incorrect and brings problems on healthy boards. please fix this asap.

Actually the presets are just rough guesstimates. Not all S9s are the same, certainly not all hashboards, not even from the same batch and model.

In my opinion, they wanted to go err in the safe side. It would be nice if they added those config options to the gui, but its not the end of the world. These are the types of settings that if you cannot bother to edit a simple text file to change, maybe you shouldn't mess with them in the first place. If it were me, i would even remove the ability to change frequencies from the web UI so be glad...

"high overclock" as you call it, is actually less efficient than a good underclock. bOS is very manual config oriented and it lets you do whatever, but you are really nitpicking here.

Most people should not be overclocking, period. 95°C seems to work fine for hundreds of units in a tropical 40°C ish ambient temp location, only a few units with buggy sensor readings need the setting changed, same as with "no sensors scan" which is an overkill choice only for very specific situations. Most people should NOT be using those.

Only your third issue looks important for consideration in my opinion, but i'm not sure much can be done about it. Perhaps reset frequencies to default if the number of hashboards change?. I don't think each hashboard has an unique ID they could use to prevent that. If there is, maybe this could be addressed.

And remember, nothing in bOS is changing until after bosminer is fully released to replace the (abandoned) cgminer, and only then would the work (hopefully) restart for new hardware and features...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
sergw

Activity: 159
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 11:47:46 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2019, 12:37:25 PM by frodocooper

I have 100+ S9 miners from different batches starting from 2016 and ending with 2019 s9j/s9k models.  So i can compare them. by the way, BOS still not showing chip temp on some S9 models from 2016/2017 batches.

Bitmain FW has temp cut value close to 110C, why BOS set 95C is not clear for me, my miners work for years in summer over 100C without issues.

At the end, bitmain fw stops mining process when you hit 110C, but BOS just restarts miner when you are close to 95C = which leads to infinite miner restarts - which kills hashboards also. So this is real problem which should be addressed.
Freemine-001010

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 04:38:40 PM

I have 100+ S9 miners from different batches starting from 2016 and ending with 2019 s9j/s9k models.  So i can compare them. by the way, BOS still not showing chip temp on some S9 models from 2016/2017 batches.

Bitmain FW has temp cut value close to 110C, why BOS set 95C is not clear for me, my miners work for years in summer over 100C without issues.

At the end, bitmain fw stops mining process when you hit 110C, but BOS just restarts miner when you are close to 95C = which leads to infinite miner restarts - which kills hashboards also. So this is real problem which should be addressed.

yep , would like the temp increased
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: