Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:35:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we add an in-wallet torrent client for downloading?
Yes - 18 (62.1%)
No - 11 (37.9%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥[QMC]🔥 🌐 The Decentralized Torrent Network 🎬 NextGen ROI Tech 📈 [MN/PoS] ✅  (Read 58015 times)
nhutle87

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:09:47 PM

this is promise project for everyone,reality for use...
QMCoin (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 01:21:29 PM

Nice video, shows a good use case for the project.

Torrents are a huge market and it is annoying when the sites get shut down, using a tor connection through the blockchain is a great way to keep the link alive and remove the power of dmca requests etc from shutting sites down.  Great job with this looking forward to seeing more updates and exchanges in the future!!

keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Just to clarify - tor is optional, and the magnet links are available on the blockchain, we don't make any external connections.
Each node holds and shares the list of the torrents.

You can use the QMTool to submit a torrent/magnet link at the cost of a 1 QMC investment,
and I say investment because you can get up to 5 QMC back next month for every link you post that is voted as good.

So in a nutshell, we are aiming to be a decentralized piratebay, kickasstorrents, leechtorrents, any-other-site
But without a website - just a wallet that can search & download torrents, where you can earn some $$$ from submitting quality stuff, as opposed to torrent sites where one can submit all their life in return for nothing but the site being shut down eventually.

The benefits are numerous - no censorship from the site owners, no censorship or takedowns by isps, no annoying ads and popups - and as you can see the speed of searching is pretty much instant, all you need to do is sync with the network  Cool

Yes I know the tor connection is optional, its just a very nice touch especially for owners of torrent sites who want to switch over to using QMC for distribution with the added benefit of using tor for anonymising and protecting themselves further , being able to monetise those links with a coin that could increase quite a bit in value is a major added bonus if you ask me. I'm pretty sure once a decent sized torrent site decides to start adding its links the rest will be sure to follow as long as the application runs as expected in the future.

Also, loving the ease of the masternode setup, way easier than a lot of other coins and will defo be a help to new investors without alot of exposure to setting up a MN for the first time. I also like the fact that the collateral and rewards are pegged to the number of nodes running, defo a help to stop those Dumps from happening.

Like I said man, keep up the good work!

We think that ease of use is the way to go - so every aspect of the project is accessible to any level of technical knowledge.

For the same reason we set the pre-sale MN prices so low, we would like the network to be full of many participants - and not just the people with cash to splash who are looking for a stable ROI and good investment - but certainly, we believe the mathematical modules used and the rewards based on # of MNs will provide very stable ROI as opposed to pump and dump coins Smiley

QMCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 01:29:09 PM

this is promise project for everyone,reality for use...

Every blockchain needs a purpose  Cheesy

QMCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 02:02:31 PM

First exchange listing is ready, will be published on Discord and here soon!

lbeiro

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:33:31 PM

I'm glad to be part of this project, seems great. Good luck!
QMCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 04:03:13 PM

All up and running on BarterDEX !  Grin
Coin prices from LP are listed higher than presale price (which is still ongoing) for obvious reasons

Video tutorials coming later today !

Kid_diK

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

bit★Starz - Dream Big, Win Bigger

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:17:19 PM

Thats great news. We still need some kind of info on how to trade on BarterDex as it seems quite difficult and unusual.

Other than that, great job and good luck Smiley

QMCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 05:54:04 PM

Thats great news. We still need some kind of info on how to trade on BarterDex as it seems quite difficult and unusual.

Other than that, great job and good luck Smiley

We'll be uploading a video tutorial and possibly a written pdf on that too - along with a long awaited whitepaper Wink

QMCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 06:00:46 PM

A quick tutorial for BarterDEX posted by CryptoSam on discord:

Here is a quick tutorial:
1. after you gen a passphrase for log in, go to MANAGE COINS
2. on the left side, in the drop down menu, type QMC and select QMCoin.
3. press "Add Coin to Local Database"
4. restart barterdex
5. login again, press ADD COINS
6. select QMCoin, Native Mode, then Enable
7. now QMCoin is in the front page (dashboard). You can deposit QMC to the barterdex's RECEIVE address.
8. in the QMC exchange, select Komodo and change it to Bitcoin. this will change to QMC/BTC pair.
9. For Bitcoin press Electrum (my suggestion) to create a BTC wallet in Barterdex

Thanks Sam !

lolland

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:11:54 PM

Wallets with a built-in torrent search engine have been released as promised !

The New Wallet in Action

Enjoy the freedom ! Wink

Coming up next - exchanges, a huge torrent submission bounty and search engine optimizations

Nice video, and I think that the new wallet have some nice features’ it’s really good to see the progress this coin and project have done already.
QMCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 06:13:32 PM

This is really a nice new wallet, I like the way this Masternode coin want to combine torrent and blockchain. I think there will be a huge market for this Masternode.

Always nice to hear from a full member Wink Thanks for the feedback !

QMCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 06:15:52 PM

Nice video, and I think that the new wallet have some nice features’ it’s really good to see the progress this coin and project have done already.

Thanks for the feedback!
And yeah - it looks like we will have to redo our roadmap with either longer term goals  Grin
More wallet GUI updates will come soon enough though, like posting torrents from the QMC wallet directly without using QMT.
(A redesign wouldn't be too bad either)

smar41

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:52:29 PM

QMC to the moon, interesting roi % Smiley
bartobar33

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:24:19 PM

Good introducing video, but also you need a website for you project.
QMCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 07:29:56 PM

Good introducing video, but also you need a website for you project.

Thanks - we are considering a website, but as a project focused on decentralized and privacy, we are not sure we want one.
We'll see though !

QMCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 07:40:06 PM

QMC to the moon, interesting roi % Smiley

Calculated stability in mind - both long term and short term.
Your MN worth 2000 QMC will still be active when the collateral goes up - so that alone allows for good ROI once we get an MN exchange service (planned)

Caztiel

Activity: 773
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:28:09 PM

It's a Well Structured Reward System. But I see reward per block will increase with more MNs coming into picture. I just wanted to clear one doubt, Max Supply of QMC won't be over 42M at any point of time in future considering this increasing reward structure ... Right ?
QMCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 09:40:11 PM

It's a Well Structured Reward System. But I see reward per block will increase with more MNs coming into picture. I just wanted to clear one doubt, Max Supply of QMC won't be over 42M at any point of time in future considering this increasing reward structure ... Right ?

The max supply will always be 42M - that includes everything like normal block rewards and rewards from superblocks which pay out to people who submit torrents/magnet links to the network.

And of course, we've implemented a manual inflation/deflation control that allows changing the block rewards at any given time - so if too many or too little coins are in circulation they can be statistically increased/decreased by using the future blocks, hence slowing down or speeding up the creation of new coins.

QMCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 01:01:55 AM

New poll!

Also, a new exchange listing within the next 1-3 days !  Smiley

sampathkumar7

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:39:34 AM

I get error message in BarterDEX while adding coin saying check whether is coin is installed or not my wallet in pointed to appdata i added to custom location. How to fix this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: