Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayun Zig Z1 - Lyra2Rev2 6.8GH/s Asic miner  (Read 42425 times)
Edj125

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:21:52 PM

I was able to get mine working by burning this firmware on a new USB stick:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z564S10Q3SWN8-8_HmreuUCQEI_gXYl9

Not sure how to load this onto the USB, do you need to extract the files first.

Z1 not booting at all.

There is included usb imaging software in the first folder I believe.  You also need to unzip the .7z file, because it contains the image.  Run the imaging software and choose the image that was unzipped. 

I used a different usb drive thanwhat came with it and after a couple user error problems, I got it to work.

Can you elaborate on how you got it to work? I bought a 16 GB flash drive and loaded the image via the included exe, but I can't connect to the machine's web interface to make changes or set the static ip.
Are you on a 192.168.1.x network, the default IP is 192.168.1.100

No, I'm on 192.168.0.x
That's your problem. Either give yourself a 192.168.1.x address and connect to the ASIC directly to change the Z1 IP to 192.168.0.x, or change your network to 192.168.1.x. You could cheat by changing the subnet on the network from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0

So I switched my network to 192.168.1.x, but I still can't get it at 192.168.1.100 and I can't see it on the ip scanner or my router. My service goes from cable modem to Tenda wireless router to a switch (via ethernet) and then to the asic. Any other suggestions?  I've also been trying to reset it, is there a special sequence for that?  Thanks for your help BTW, this one is stumping me!
btc2017btc2017

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:25:22 PM

Z1 not booting at all.

There is included usb imaging software in the first folder I believe.  You also need to unzip the .7z file, because it contains the image.  Run the imaging software and choose the image that was unzipped. 

I used a different usb drive thanwhat came with it and after a couple user error problems, I got it to work.

Can you elaborate on how you got it to work? I bought a 16 GB flash drive and loaded the image via the included exe, but I can't connect to the machine's web interface to make changes or set the static ip.

No, I'm on 192.168.0.x
That's your problem. Either give yourself a 192.168.1.x address and connect to the ASIC directly to change the Z1 IP to 192.168.0.x, or change your network to 192.168.1.x. You could cheat by changing the subnet on the network from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0

So I switched my network to 192.168.1.x, but I still can't get it at 192.168.1.100 and I can't see it on the ip scanner or my router. My service goes from cable modem to Tenda wireless router to a switch (via ethernet) and then to the asic. Any other suggestions?  I've also been trying to reset it, is there a special sequence for that?  Thanks for your help BTW, this one is stumping me!
It might not work now since you messed with the USB. Did the USB creation involve running an EXE program that writes an ISO image file to the USB?
Edj125

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:28:47 PM

Z1 not booting at all.

No, I'm on 192.168.0.x

It might not work now since you messed with the USB. Did the USB creation involve running an EXE program that writes an ISO image file to the USB?

I used the imageUSB exe that was included in the zip file and I wrote the z1_static_100_09_14 image file to it.
Goletiani

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:05:40 PM

Z1 not booting at all.

No, I'm on 192.168.0.x

I used the imageUSB exe that was included in the zip file and I wrote the z1_static_100_09_14 image file to it.
Why would you do that? You can just enter the interface and upload the new firmware from the settings. Did it work after all? I did firmware upgrade thru the interface settings and it's working for 5 days without any problems. Less Hw errors and rejects...
mattaero

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:35:12 PM

Z1 not booting at all.

I am assuming it is hard wired into the router.  I turned it on and waited a couple miinutes then logged onto my router to find our the IP address by looking for all devices connected to the network.  It should be called Dayun (mine was) and I think initially it defaulted to 192.168.1.176 for me.  If it doesn't even show up in your router, then I really don't know.  Maybe try a different PSU to the control board, but between the original usb boot drive and the new one, it should at least get connected to the network... otherwise maybe there is something else wrong.
mattaero

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:49:52 PM

Heh man this thing has been a disappointment.

Takes like 5 minutes to start hashing, reporting is so outlandish they'd be better off not even showing local hash rate (I've seen as high as 25GH shown locally), loud as shit, has rejected shares at stock clocks, barely delivers advertised hash power, can't over clock it, I could go on and on.

Guess I'm just spoiled from the super simple/reliable BitMain GUI that actually reports properly.

Anyone want to buy mine? Already state side, tariffs paid, $4500 shipped.

Yeah, its not super great.  Bitmain has a massively better UI and UX.  The local hash rate info is a joke... but if you let it run long enough the hourly trend is more helpful, but I tend to agree that this is not a well designed miner.  Hopefully there is a firmware update that corrects some of the issues, but I am not holding my breath.

you actually probably CAN overclock it if you manually change the config files to greater than 900 mhz... but overall I agree with your assessment.

(PS... you complain about it then offer to sell it at nearly full price??  I love that...lol)

Cheapest ones are over $5000, + 35% import tariff + won't ship for another week because of the Chinese holiday etc.

I have no doubt itll easily do ROI as quick as its advertised, despite my complaints I'm still averaging $80/day, plenty of people out there not as picky as I am lol.

If someone wants it cool, if not, I'm not sweating it.

Hope Bitmain dumps a better and cheaper one in our laps. The price is not worth the risk, at all...

It arguably has the fastest ROI out of any ASIC on the market right now, if anything its a lower risk than the majority of ASICs out there, so I'm not really sure what you mean lol.

35% tarriff?  Where do you live??

I ordered mine from a chinese supplier at $4600 with a $108 shipping fee and paid no import or customs fees.

I am not seeing the $80 per day, but I am not mining individual coins currently, but it looks like via nicehash I get between $60 and $70 depending on how my hashrate is, which is a bit lower than advertised.  But even at a 90 or 100 day day ROI, I am happy (ish).

My biggest complaint is really noise.  It is higher pitched and louder than my other miners, so I am building a sound dampening box this weekend (about $70 in additional cost, and a few hours).

Either way, if you can deal with the frustration and very little support, its not a terrible purchase, just more difficult than what can be expected from bitmain.

I ordered mine from a chinese supplier at $4600 with a $108 shipping fee and paid no import or customs fees.

I am not seeing the $80 per day, but I am not mining individual coins currently, but it looks like via nicehash I get between $60 and $70 depending on how my hashrate is, which is a bit lower than advertised.  But even at a 90 or 100 day day ROI, I am happy (ish).

My biggest complaint is really noise.  It is higher pitched and louder than my other miners, so I am building a sound dampening box this weekend (about $70 in additional cost, and a few hours).

Either way, if you can deal with the frustration and very little support, its not a terrible purchase, just more difficult than what can be expected from bitmain.

Uhm, good ole USA, they were just hiked another 10% on Sept 24th up to 35% from 25%, the only reason you didn't get hit with tariffs is if the company you purchased the miner from lied about what you paid for it, which is illegal, but the risk is on them, not you, so just consider yourself lucky that they were willing to lie about it lol.

Any invoice over $1000 is flagged by customs and subject to import tax.

Friend of mine ordered 2 Z9 Minis on the same ticket, was just over $1200 , ended up paying $366 in duty fees, fees on a Dayun are ~$1500 if they catch it.

I don't think this is correct...Unless you operate as a business instead of as a hobby.  There is a personal use exception for most goods.  The company that sent it to me listed it as a personal computer (which is fairly accurate) with the full value and it cleared customs in 6 hours and I did not owe any fees.

btc2017btc2017

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:56:13 PM

Z1 not booting at all.

No, I'm on 192.168.0.x

Why would you do that? You can just enter the interface and upload the new firmware from the settings. Did it work after all? I did firmware upgrade thru the interface settings and it's working for 5 days without any problems. Less Hw errors and rejects...
The ASIC was on a different network, he assumed that it was not working
Edj125

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:58:15 PM

Heh man this thing has been a disappointment.

Takes like 5 minutes to start hashing, reporting is so outlandish they'd be better off not even showing local hash rate (I've seen as high as 25GH shown locally), loud as shit, has rejected shares at stock clocks, barely delivers advertised hash power, can't over clock it, I could go on and on.

Guess I'm just spoiled from the super simple/reliable BitMain GUI that actually reports properly.

Anyone want to buy mine? Already state side, tariffs paid, $4500 shipped.

Yeah, its not super great.  Bitmain has a massively better UI and UX.  The local hash rate info is a joke... but if you let it run long enough the hourly trend is more helpful, but I tend to agree that this is not a well designed miner.  Hopefully there is a firmware update that corrects some of the issues, but I am not holding my breath.

you actually probably CAN overclock it if you manually change the config files to greater than 900 mhz... but overall I agree with your assessment.

(PS... you complain about it then offer to sell it at nearly full price??  I love that...lol)

Cheapest ones are over $5000, + 35% import tariff + won't ship for another week because of the Chinese holiday etc.

I have no doubt itll easily do ROI as quick as its advertised, despite my complaints I'm still averaging $80/day, plenty of people out there not as picky as I am lol.

If someone wants it cool, if not, I'm not sweating it.

Hope Bitmain dumps a better and cheaper one in our laps. The price is not worth the risk, at all...

It arguably has the fastest ROI out of any ASIC on the market right now, if anything its a lower risk than the majority of ASICs out there, so I'm not really sure what you mean lol.

35% tarriff?  Where do you live??

Uhm, good ole USA, they were just hiked another 10% on Sept 24th up to 35% from 25%, the only reason you didn't get hit with tariffs is if the company you purchased the miner from lied about what you paid for it, which is illegal, but the risk is on them, not you, so just consider yourself lucky that they were willing to lie about it lol.

Friend of mine ordered 2 Z9 Minis on the same ticket, was just over $1200 , ended up paying $366 in duty fees, fees on a Dayun are ~$1500 if they catch it.

I don't think this is correct...Unless you operate as a business instead of as a hobby.  There is a personal use exception for most goods.  The company that sent it to me listed it as a personal computer (which is fairly accurate) with the full value and it cleared customs in 6 hours and I did not owe any fees.

I can verify... I got hit with over $1300 in tariff on 6 z9 minis... I tried to fight it but there were already court cases specifically targeting cryptomining equipment
mattaero

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:03:55 PM

[/quote]

Under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (2018 HTSA Revision 12), Items with the heading:  8471.41.01  which are  Automatic Processing Units: Comprising in the same housing at least a central processing unit and an input and output unit, whether or not combined are free from tarrifs, but it is 35% if they come from certain countries countries... which China is not listed on.

Maybe I was supposed to, but neither side actively tried to circumvent anything.
Edj125

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:06:26 PM

Z1 not booting at all.

No, I'm on 192.168.0.x

The ASIC was on a different network, he assumed that it was not working

I got it!

My stupid free windows unzip "App" didn't create a proper image file... re-extracted (while watching ads, not minimized) and it works!  Thanks for the help!
Edj125

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:13:29 PM

Under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (2018 HTSA Revision 12), Items with the heading:  8471.41.01  which are  Automatic Processing Units: Comprising in the same housing at least a central processing unit and an input and output unit, whether or not combined are free from tarrifs, but it is 35% if they come from certain countries countries... which China is not listed on.

Maybe I was supposed to, but neither side actively tried to circumvent anything.
[/quote]

I was going to use the same argument in my case, but it's already been to court. The ruling stated that because ASICS cannot be programmed by the end user they do not qualify as automatic data processors and are subject to the tax. This even applies to the Baikal units that can run multi algo.

When I ordered my Z1 they only invoiced me for $150, so no tax....
mattaero

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:21:30 PM

Since you actually can make significant changes to the Zig Z1 (because you have an external boot drive that could conceivably be programmed)  wonder if it would be considered the same?  Obviously it would be a pain in the ass, but I would assume a linux and html programmer could make all sorts of changes.  (I am not one of those people, lol).

In any event, if I order another one I will make sure they value it at under $1,000 just in case!  I want to get at least another week of steady profits before I consider spending that much money again though.  

Currently I am at work and it looks like one of the has boards is not functioning (getting 5.4 Mh/s) which is super annoying.

Anyone know how I set up remote access through a Verizon quantum router? lol
mattaero

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:29:46 PM

Since you actually can make significant changes to the Zig Z1 (because you have an external boot drive that could conceivably be programmed)  wonder if it would be considered the same?  Obviously it would be a pain in the ass, but I would assume a linux and html programmer could make all sorts of changes.  (I am not one of those people, lol).

In any event, if I order another one I will make sure they value it at under $1,000 just in case!  I want to get at least another week of steady profits before I consider spending that much money again.  

Currently I am at work and it looks like one of the has boards is not functioning (getting 5.4 Mh/s) which is super annoying.

Anyone know how I set up remote access through a Verizon quantum router? lol

I'll sell you mine if you're interested.

Also, I just use TeamViewer and remote into my desktop at home from my phone / work computer / wherever I may be

I might be interested at some point, depending on the cost.  However, given the amount of money involved, I am not sure how we would do it such that I would feel comfortable unless we did it through Ebay or something similar.   Or if you happen to live near me, which seems unlikely.

mattaero

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:55:46 PM

I am having some decent hash rates with Nicehash, but I have between 3-5% stale shares...probably because it goes through a switch with  8 other miners on it, but in case its software related...Anyone know if I can add these commands from the nicehash page into the Dayun miner JSON?  

"if you have access to software fine-tuning, you can experiment with these cgminers/BFGMiners additional settings: --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --expiry 1"
justin1197

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:26:30 AM

Hi All,

Just received new Zig Z1.  Machine not booting at all, powers up but red light is always on.  It wont connect to the network so i cant set it up.  Appreciate any help.

Cheers  JB

Try and follow the video I posted a few posts back.  I set the first pool address to an IP address, the second to nicehash, and changed the settings in the miner to static (I put mine at 192.168.1.100) and then go to your router settings and set the DHCP to static instead of dynamic for that IP address.

Try that, and wait like 5 minutes.

Hi,

Thankyou for your help.  Can't find you post with the video.  Could you please post link again.
Cheers
JB
Bitreo

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:50:12 PM

I am having some decent hash rates with Nicehash, but I have between 3-5% stale shares...probably because it goes through a switch with  8 other miners on it, but in case its software related...Anyone know if I can add these commands from the nicehash page into the Dayun miner JSON?  

"if you have access to software fine-tuning, you can experiment with these cgminers/BFGMiners additional settings: --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --expiry 1"

if you want to modify the config files on the filesystem then you need to get the root password. if anyone can crack the password here is the hash :

Username: root
PW Hash: $6$pvnavTv2$2W/s.veJLVbb1g9qJpFO7ATNNBiOtwt.MXABU6nRVgJwuiS3WlBrRMj0avAdnHL

Username: fa
PW Hash: $6$muvIxroU$Lcuu06mrLbEONRLK312njB.RTI4dbC9QdJAZ6Bam0RnJpibRO2K62XHBKRKRo3U1IDFTtTAdXb/h.vp8vXuio1

regards
jadrew1020

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:34:14 PM

Hi to all of you guys in this my first message on the forum and sorry for my bad English,

Well, I'm thinking about to buy the Zig Z1 but I'm very afraid of scams and I don't know this miner manofacturer and don't know anyone ho has one. Please, could you give me some information? anyone has bought one? in what store? Any problems with the miner, good or bad quality?

Thanks!!!

Hello Crippt,

I recently purchased a Dayun Zig Z1 from crypto drilling. I was also skeptical at first, I proceeded to the wire transfer and everything worked out. I live in canada quebec and the delivery only took 4 days. Also they have a very fast response when sending emails. I recommend them!

Jamie
Aurelchan
Copper Member

Activity: 11
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:02:14 PM

Very interesting thing. Send a review message for dayun zig 1 on dayun.company. They change your message and publish on website. I wrote

1 board is not working. I sent mail to dayun company and no reply and gave 1 star. Published message is this

" Thanks! My miners came to me, you are the best! "

This shows the objectivity of the company. You can try like me.

I have one more question. I updated to last firmware but still one board is dead. Is there any way to wake it up ?
Could you give us the url of the company please ?
zizou10

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:19:39 PM

Hi guys,

I have purchased a Dayun Zig Z1 asic few day ago. After having set it up the hashrate on the asic is very unstable (keeps going up to 10GH and then coming down to 0 again all the time).

I have mounted the firmware on the disk again today and reduced the frequency to 800 mhs, but still no luck the hashrate keeps jumping up and down.

Does anyone have a similar problem or maybe a solution?

Thanks
mattaero

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:41:19 PM

Hi guys,

I have purchased a Dayun Zig Z1 asic few day ago. After having set it up the hashrate on the asic is very unstable (keeps going up to 10GH and then coming down to 0 again all the time).

I have mounted the firmware on the disk again today and reduced the frequency to 800 mhs, but still no luck the hashrate keeps jumping up and down.

Does anyone have a similar problem or maybe a solution?

Thanks
\

What the miner shows you is useless.  Start mining on a pool and check your average hash rate after an hour or two.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: