Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:19:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayun Zig Z1 - Lyra2Rev2 6.8GH/s Asic miner  (Read 42422 times)
sattar2002

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:14:37 AM

hello everyone
afew days ago i boaght a zig z1+ from a supplier
whan i open the frimewire in Version 20180926 i see the name of asic is z1
so I guessed its not a z1+
also the hash rate of asic in nicehash is 5.5
i told everything to my suplllier but he Insist its zig z1+
so anyway i need your help guys to make sure

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fazal.crypt

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:06:35 AM

Don't buy this miner. Seems like a small workshop or garage factory. Don't have an email address or website. No English speaking Customer Service. People or Companies selling are big-time fraud.

Bought mine directly from a company Ningbo Skycorp EP Technology Co., Ltd., the machine is hashing 6 Ghs and below. Have flashed with the latest update i.e. 20181105 but still the same. Got blinded with the expected return but would not advise anyone to go for it as not it is at 20 USD/day. Not worth the risk.
bpt242

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:51:00 AM

I am really interested in this ASIC as it will be my first and it really does seem legit but after this thread, I am not so sure.

Other than Amazon is there anywhere else I could buy it? I want to buy at least 5 or more to make a decent profit.

I visited the so-called official site of the machine. It cost a lot less there because they claim that they buy straight from the manufacturer

http://www.dayunmining.com/product/zig-z1/

It is a lot cheaper there and sometimes I see the Zig on sale and cost even less. They claim they only take BITCOIN because it is more secure that way. Do not get me wrong I am all for wanting to use Bitcoin as currency but honestly, it seems like a way to make sure they do not get caught scamming.

Does anyone have any opinion of this site or can tell me where to legit get a Zig to try for myself?
lennujuht

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:58:00 AM

Alibaba vendors do not sell hushboars of Zig Z1.

They all respond: Sorry,we don't sell hashboards.

I would very happy, is somebody help me where I can get hashboards.
zgzg

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:10:15 PM

Miner R1 looks the same and has the same algo and parameters as Pinidea RR200. Very interesting. see
https://www.zigminer.com/miner.html
https://shinwangs.en.made-in-china.com/product/BjnxMbaobIhz/China-2018-New-Arrived-Hot-Selling-Pinidea-Rr200-27kh-S-Asic-Chips-Miner-for-Mining-Xmr-Etn-Sumo-Bcn-Grfr-Ipbc-Aeon.html
astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:31:20 PM

The Z1 firmware mentions 'PinIdea' in several files, so it's already known to be the same design and firmware, at the very least.
hagie

Activity: 792
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:31:55 PM

Quote from:  link=topic=5038441.msg47639287#msg47639287 date=1541503365
Hi,

I'm confused .. which is the right webpage to order the Miner direct from china / manufacturer ?

http://www.dayunmining.com/
Looks like scam - price too low, no ssl - bad appearance

https://www.zigminer.com/
Looks better but no option to order something (I mailed them ... no answer till now)

https://dayun.company/
Looks best, complete order / account system, price looks legit

Anyone could help here ... ?
Thanks

OK - my personal opinion here is , stay away from https://dayun.company a quick reverse lookup shows:
Host Name for 94.130.219.239
Host Name: davs.2sz.ru

Dayunmining.com is located in USA !?
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Price is too low compared to most offers - looks also like scam

I hat some emails with ZIGMiner - they answer short but I can't tell if they are legit. They offer to sell miner for ¥30000 including shipping. Looks like they don'T do this often - there is no shop system nor do they have any contract for international shipment. But If I dare I could offer there. Right now I don't - too often I burned in the crypto flames ...
but ... they also use a rented VPS ?! :
Host Name for 149.28.91.238
Host Name: 149.28.91.238.vultr.com

no luck here ?

Regards
astraleureka

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:40:47 PM

Using a VPS is not unusual in this day and age. Hell, Poloniex is/was hosted on DigitalOcean.
esol

Activity: 41
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:45:12 PM

the "no problem / sorry" pattern is the most typical Chinese traders behavior!

The point is that manufacturer under no circumstances sell spare hash-boards without returning the full defective unit;
they only manage replacements as they DO NOT own an equipped lab for repairs;

So, the only option is claiming warranty to your vendor by sending back the full unit;
Upon receive from you, the vendor ship the miner to DaYun that should replace the faulty boards, provided that have not been burned out by overclocking, surge or else... but as they are definitely unable to understand the failure cause, the decision in totally arbitrary!

Looks to be big challenge even for Chinese customers, good luck mate!

FYI, my CN partner investigated and explained the whole workflow:
1) the ASIC chips and PCBs (main / hash boards)  are produced by a well known high-tech factory in Shenzhen area;
2) the DaYun manufacturer (most likely based in NingBo) is a very small company just managed to buy and assemble the raw material, develop firmware (maybe...) and distribute the end product to the myriad of vendors mostly located (again) in Shenzhen...
3) the vendors are the only "official" distribution channel and they all signed an agreement with DaYun to not unveil their identity!

/E
hagie

Activity: 792
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:50:13 PM

Using a VPS is not unusual in this day and age. Hell, Poloniex is/was hosted on DigitalOcean.

yes possible, but setting a reverse dns is the least small thing a vendor could do.

I just post my observations ...

regards

astraleureka

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:58:45 PM

yes possible, but setting a reverse dns is the least small thing a vendor could do.

I just post my observations ...

regards

It is a valid observation, however I wouldn't expect it unless they were sending mail directly from the machine. It appears they're using MSFT for their email, so probably not the case. I think it is more unusual they have a private domain registration yet they aren't hiding the site behind a reverse proxy, i.e. Cloudflare.

1) the ASIC chips and PCBs (main / hash boards)  are produced by a well known high-tech factory in Shenzhen area;
2) the DaYun manufacturer (most likely based in NingBo) is a very small company just managed to buy and assemble the raw material, develop firmware (maybe...) and distribute the end product to the myriad of vendors mostly located (again) in Shenzhen...
3) the vendors are the only "official" distribution channel and they all signed an agreement with DaYun to not unveil their identity!

Interesting. Thank you for sharing this =)
Andartis

Activity: 306
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 08:33:11 PM

Is there any way to tone down the fan a bit?
Otherwise, with the new firmware, I still get stall shares on nicehash. In general 6.8GH hashrate on average.
yrk1957 (OP)

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 08:58:25 PM

The point is that manufacturer under no circumstances sell spare hash-boards without returning the full defective unit;

So, the only option is claiming warranty to your vendor by sending back the full unit;
Upon receive from you, the vendor ship the miner to DaYun that should replace the faulty boards, provided that have not been burned out by overclocking, surge or else... but as they are definitely unable to understand the failure cause, the decision in totally arbitrary!

1) the ASIC chips and PCBs (main / hash boards)  are produced by a well known high-tech factory in Shenzhen area;

/E

Interesting, that would explain why the vendors are hosting the firmware updates.

Any idea about the Nov 1 story?
esol

Activity: 41
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:13:24 PM

/E

Interesting, that would explain why the vendors are hosting the firmware updates.

Any idea about the Nov 1 story?

this mostly explains why DaYun don't have any direct contact with their customers.
Simply they lack of staff and resources to manage anything else then assemble pre-built parts, pile packs on pallets and handle domestic shippings to their vendors net.
This commercial decentralization also facilitates the proliferation of confusion, scammers and fake info...

Nov 1 story? Halloween joke of course, a CN version of April Fool :-)
Andartis

Activity: 306
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:14:04 AM

Is there any way to tone down the fan a bit?
Otherwise, with the new firmware, I still get stall shares on nicehash. In general 6.8GH hashrate on average.

I take that back. Suddenly stales all over the place and dropping hashrates... How often do you restart the miner? Every x hours? I can set my smartplug to do that.
Yezzzuurrr

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:38:13 AM

Is there a way to change the ip to the .0 range instead of the .1 range before i put a new usb firmware in it? My miner is in a .0 homenetwork and when i write new firmware to the usb its default back in the .1 . So maybe i can change it on the usb in some file before i plug it in
Or should i copy my original usb into my new usb and then update via the dashboard? I want to keep my original usb as backup and use a new one..
zigminer

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:28:21 AM

I am the founder of zigminer, dayun is just one of our sellers (Z1), and now has no contact with zigminer.
office web : https://www.zigminer.com
office firmware download : https://download.zigminer.com
alex.asic

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:53:27 AM

If you are the founder of Zigminer then perhaps you can shine some light onto why it seems most people on this forum struggle to get the hash rate the miners is sold as being able to achieve? And also why the miners are so up and down in their hash rate?

I am the founder of zigminer, dayun is just one of our sellers (Z1), and now has no contact with zigminer.

Mordred80

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:27:53 AM

And why is the FAN OUT showing 0 RPM and the miner stops working even if the fan is still running?
And why can't we disable the FAN CHECK so that we can continue mining?
And why don't you release a firmware where we can disable the FAN CHECK?
And why is the hashrate to low and so unstable?
And why can't we find/buy hashboards?
And why is there so much junk in the firmware?

And so on...

If you are the founder of Zigminer then perhaps you can shine some light onto why it seems most people on this forum struggle to get the hash rate the miners is sold as being able to achieve? And also why the miners are so up and down in their hash rate?

zigminer

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:41:18 PM

And why is the FAN OUT showing 0 RPM and the miner stops working even if the fan is still running?

If the fan fails to detect the speed, it is decided to be a fan fault.

And why can't we disable the FAN CHECK so that we can continue mining?

Fan failure, high temperature will damage hashboard

And why don't you release a firmware where we can disable the FAN CHECK?

Next version, we are considering adding this feature.

And why is the hashrate to low and so unstable?

Try to reduce frequency.  Some businesses have modified the firmware of Z1, counterfeiting z1+.

And why can't we find/buy hashboards?

We are trying to improve the official website pages as far as possible, and will sell spare parts later.

And why is there so much junk in the firmware?

specific?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: