Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you manage your risks?  (Read 25655 times)
Cenil

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:53:11 AM

in crypto if you want to get a profit there is definitely a risk behind it, it's just that it depends on how we deal with the risk, for example if you participate in an ico whether it's participating in the bounty campaign or investing in the ico, the risk is if the ico is a scam, and to overcome this risk, I have to choose ico which is really good and having a trusted development team, not only can I choose ico because it will increase the risk of losing capital or getting a loss.
for factors in buying and selling coins, I usually do as a basic strategy in trading that is buying when the price goes down and selling when the price has risen and has exceeded the purchase price.
and for the short or long term it should be long term now, because the market conditions are unstable and difficult to predict, especially predicting the rise and fall of coin prices.
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:07:36 AM

Last year come Jan I held some coins that went so up and now so down I just sold off. I have determined to always sell off once I see a considerable profit and buy back lower.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
NikNikKomarov

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:09:52 AM

I try to protect myself against the risk of losing my investments. I invest for a long period, because I believe that short-term prospects can make a profit in exceptional cases.

generous

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:25:07 AM

I want to know how you relate the risks to profits?
What is the determining factor for you to sell or buy coins?
How many of you are trading short-term?
risks and benefits are related, but I minimize losses by not taking big risks. therefore I better buy coins that are only long term. like ether and btc. Long-term coins with a good reputation are one good choice. Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:40:47 AM

i will give you some tips, if you trade short term, you can buy altcoin with high risk and of course high return too.
first do research about coin you will buy, if that have good news you can buy it before the even started.
then sell when coin start to pump because that news, then buy again when other people dump it, you can repeat this about 2 or 3 time.
and also change to fiat/Tether after trade, because in short term, its hard if hard btc or ETH because the calue will not stable.
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:42:41 AM

I do some research and study before I joined or participated on the cryptocurrency so that I cannot regret it in the end. Hold first, then put a target date when will can sell it. So that we can get profitable income.
martabaktelor

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:54:09 AM

To manage the risk I think I will do the daily trade. Coin prices are now volatile and prices go up and down very quickly. If we do daily trade certainly could get a profit every day. And this daily trading, we must continue to make the radar. And daily trade also requires the ability to quickly buy and sell coins.
Haterstestbtc

Activity: 329
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:55:58 AM

Well, i always look an advantage in buying coins like from the past few weeks and months which it decreases the whole market volume because of some reason which it triggers the cryptocurrency movements, therefore it has already done through my research coins so that there is no regret after all.
Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:15:22 AM

if I personally would definitely buy a coin when the price goes down and sell it when the price increases 5% to 10% of the price I buy, I take a small profit because I just want to take a small risk, because if I wait for the profit I get by 20% or more, the risk for the price to fall is very likely to occur, so I better sell it when I get a profit of 5% or more (maximum 10%) to make my money safe.
bonji77

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 07:29:20 AM

if I personally would definitely buy a coin when the price goes down and sell it when the price increases 5% to 10% of the price I buy, I take a small profit because I just want to take a small risk, because if I wait for the profit I get by 20% or more, the risk for the price to fall is very likely to occur, so I better sell it when I get a profit of 5% or more (maximum 10%) to make my money safe.
I think by taking a 10% profit for the current market situation it is already very good because it reduces the big risk, and I also use the same thing. Wink

KAMAGAMES
TelegramTwitterFacebook ●●●●●●BUY KAMAGAMES TOKENS●●●●●● Linked-InRedditMedium
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀Join the growing community of players from around the world ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:38:50 AM

Limit losses to be able to overcome if you do not want to get losses in trading because of course if it does not do it will be the same can not manage our trading finances

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
linyhan

Activity: 684
Merit: 250

Early Funders Registration: monartis.com

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:51:25 AM

Actually many of us suffering the risk relate in profits.
Many factors for us to maintain a good quality in knowing what is the best thing we do in different ways either sell or buy a coin.
A lot of traders knows best they are simply communicate in some other part to reach out there goals.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   A New Crypto-Payment Platform   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█      Telegram  ]      [   Medium   ]      [   ICO Page   ]      [  Facebook  ]      [ Instagram ]      █
beami

Activity: 602

VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:57:44 AM

In trading we do not need to get a lot of profits, so we can freely get coins quickly. Trading by looking at short-term opportunities is riskier and this must be balanced with a long-term investment so as not to be disappointed if you lose trading days.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:07:22 AM

if you don't bag hold altcoins you automatically reduce your risks that you are taking in this market by a huge amount. because in short term the altcoin market is a lot more predictable than it is in the long term because of its lack of potential and because how the pump and dumps work in real life.
you can't escape the risks of pumps and dumps so what i have been doing or at least trying to do is to reduce the risk by reducing my exposure to the unexpected part of the dumps.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
JGreg96

Activity: 602
Merit: 144

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:20:11 AM

The risk management is personal and the purchase level is determined by the type of currency: for example for an ico i would buy after a -70/80% if the project is good. (which is probably the price where the private investor have bought)

BTCBTCBTC
dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:55:45 AM

There are quite a lot of risks in the crypt. A lot of things depends on market conditions. When the market is on the rise, I try to invest more. I try to trade cautiously. The most important thing is to pay attention to technical analysis, which can give you quite good forecasts.
airdropcoin

Activity: 442

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:47:45 AM

I am learning how to trade intraday, and hodl is not a good way in a bear market (unless your cost is low). So I think it is very necessary to learn short-term trading, and once we have mastered such skills, we can understand more trading methods, which is the most needed skills in the market.

rapsa2018

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:57:51 PM

In short term trading I used only 500$ but if I'm in long term trading and I want to used 1500$ to more potential that i will earn real big money.
Cryptomilz
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:24:42 PM

I trade daily with stop losses and trailing stop loss, taking profits along the line. Used to hodl but that is not really profitable now due to the condition of the market at the moment.
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:37:37 PM

I mostly stick to long-term investments. It's less risky for me. I'm waiting for the price to go up high enough to sell. Of course, buying a coin is always risky. So for each of my coins I can have different strategies. It also reduces risks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: