Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good?  (Read 2891 times)
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 08:55:58 AM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.

Totally agree with you! The KYC procedure for airdrop is nonsense. It is not right. In addition, most airdrops are dummy projects. And I have no confidence that such projects will be able to protect my personal data (and most likely, they will simply sell information about me).
hanxinvwang

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 08:57:05 AM

KYC itself is only to prevent the emergence of cheaters, but if the airdrop project itself is fraudulent, then our KYC will only reveal our privacy, is this the case?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
visionE2

Activity: 616
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 08:59:36 AM

I think it's too difficult to join an airdrop if that airdrop requires KYC, which I know KYC is only needed for ICO participants, not for airdrop
Ale75Opus

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:07:39 AM

I have not participated in Airdrop for a very long time, I think, now it is meaningless, and no one will give us good coins. And I do not want to collect garbage in my wallet. And as for KYC for Airdrop, I think it is stupid; it is not clear who and why to distribute my data
futurefuturecoins

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:12:01 PM

I am sure that KYC for airdrops is absolutely fraudulent. This happens to take possession of the personal data of the participants. KYC scares off participants. KYC is not needed.
ahmed04

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:53:12 PM

How shall I tell you.. I don't understand their legal fears that bounty hunters haven't passed the KYC, they're not investors after all.
ediloverose

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 07:07:45 PM

I really don't like Airdrop, which requires KYC because I only get a few tokens and it's not worth it, that's the reason I'm not following Airdrop, which must fill KYC.
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:01:48 AM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
Only a fool will allow themselves to be a victim of identity theft. These people are not aware of selling personal information via black market. I agree that it is not worth it compromising your personal information in exchange of a few dollars.
jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:41:37 AM

I think its not worth for providing KYC for airdrop campaign. Airdrop give us not too many coin and i think i am better not join in airdrop like that. I am prefer join in bounty even its need KYC because bounty more worth, i think
jcmansah7

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:43:14 AM

Well i think conducting a Know your Customer process for an Airdrop is quite a good idea to prevent most participants from cheating in the Airdrop campaign. This way all honest participants can be awarded equally for their hardwork other than having some few group of people accumulating most part of the tokens because of their cheating activities.

jaja colleen

Activity: 188
Merit: 2

Brings You A Time Trading Social Community Platfor

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:22:10 AM

Kyc for airdrop is not right that is very suspicious,Airdrop means they are give it for free to the participants and I did not experience joining a Airdrop that need the participants to perform kyc,because kyc is for the costumers who participate in the project tokensales and Bounty Campaigns that is detected many cheater participants.

⟨   EraSwapToken.io   ⟩  ⟩  ICO Active   Join Now  ⟩
Brings You A Time Trading Social Community Platform
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798

homt.net

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 02:29:41 AM

For me from day one i don't like the use of KYC in the cryptocurrency sphere,whether in ICO or airdrops because the use of KYC negate the principle of decentralization which cryptocurrency is all about, it's should be abolished.

HOMT

Powered by,
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:45:49 AM

Through KYC, it gives investors security of their investments especially from being scammed by fraudulent ICOs. It's better that way than being sorry. But for airdrops, i don't really think it's a good requirement before you can earn your rewards because in the first place, an airdrop is a free tokens given freely for participants.
KYC does help coins, I just don't feel the need for me to give them any personal identification for a lousy coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
disbil

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:27:45 AM

Why should the airdrop required to do a KYC, i don't think it's necessary cause the number of coins that are received from joining an airdrop isn't that much of coins, so it's pointless to perform KYC for an airdrop.
cryptoman1ac

Activity: 182
Merit: 13