Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:26:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good?  (Read 2891 times)
cbIpok

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 07:04:54 AM

KYC for airdrops is good to to block the cheaters and for some legal reasons but the awards they give are very low, so i do not want to give my personal information for nothing.
Pr0st0Pr0be1
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 04:05:34 PM

I believe that they are doing this purely because of orders from above. I think it is not very convenient for them to process all these data and check their correctness.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:09:50 PM

Of course not, this is not good, because cryptocurrency today is a very strange topic, I mean anonymity, because cryptocurrency as a whole must have anonymity or at least the security of your data.
Twkasun52

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:10:34 PM

I think it is totally un-expectable .Even for bounty Kyc should not apply.KYC is mainly introduced for money laundering issues,so it should not be used as spam filter,tracking multi accounting like minor reasons.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Flamebellow

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:12:11 PM

KYC for airdrops is the biggest absurdity of all that I have ever heard. Most of all, this is like inventing a reason to steal people's personal information from people. I do not advise anyone to participate in such airdrops, the risk is not worth it

solkinsolali

Activity: 154
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:14:08 PM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
Having KYC for peanut airdrops is total rubbish. I won't even waste my time on it allowing those scammers the chance to perpetrate whatever. Why demanding KYC for a less than 1 USD reward.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:32:50 PM

I don't think KYC's are good if it does not compensate for the possibilities of getting yourself scammed, perhaps hacked or whataoever where your identity maybe put on the line. One mistake may just get yourself into a big trouble. I have heard cases of stolen identity and  that seems to me iappropriate if you would only get small amount of token.

so_stupid

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:34:47 PM

I think this is a sign that you can participate in the airdrop.
In almost all the projects where KYC was, there was a good payout for airdrop.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
otong

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:36:54 PM

I think this is a sign that you can participate in the airdrop.
In almost all the projects where KYC was, there was a good payout for airdrop.
if the payment is deemed suitable, it is not a problem, but now the fact is that there are also lots of airdrops that cheat the participants and harm the participants
sirojuddin

Activity: 199

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 04:38:39 PM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
what you say is very true, it's not fair enough if we hand over the KYC, what we get is just something that is not in accordance with what we do.

crudpuppy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:39:53 PM

Having KYC for peanut airdrops is total rubbish. I won't even waste my time on it allowing those scammers the chance to perpetrate whatever. Why demanding KYC for a less than 1 USD reward.
That would be weird for me to join any airdrop bounty on here that needed a kyc for a reward. They are only trying to scam people.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Greenparkzhiv

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:42:19 PM

It seems to me that it is not profitable for me to change my documents for petty rewards for airdrop.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 04:42:22 PM

Of course it's not worth it at all.
People underestimate just how dangerous it is to throw your ID and personal information out there.
Especially if you upload it for "verification" purposes.  Once it's out in the digital world it is permanently out there.

On top of that, there is no legal precedent at all for KYC, not even for ICOs so definitely not for bounties or airdrops.
KYC is an international banking agreement to curb money laundering.
It has absolutely nothing to do with investing in new companies.

So asking for KYC for an airdrop is a huge sign that the company has no idea what they are doing.
If I, a person who has no legal experience, can do a quick 15 minute research into this and find facts, then that should go to show you how unprofessional the company is.
They can't even bother to look up relevant laws.

mirgo1791

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 04:44:13 PM

as preparing with use on works as qualifying distinct with unit on identification to leads with selection on variable as indication to work on exchange as disputing funds on submission and gains on collection to finish with returns on completion.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
musdafakfl

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:44:31 PM

Yes, I think it's a good practice because there were so many people who used bounty campaigns out of purpose, which didn't serve their purpose anymore and led to projects losing price, stability and trust. For this reason, I believe that this movement will give a good result and will prevent some kind of users. In addition, the citizens of the country who have forbidden the ICO projects with this system can not participate in the illegal.
Thesaintplague

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

https://www.jacs.tech/

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:15:00 PM

No, I don't think that's normal. Don't forget that 95% of all airdrops are pure fraud. But they don't just need your subscription to their social networks. Your passport data is their additional earnings or a tool for use on the darknet.

JACS   ♦♦♦   Internet 3.0 Decentralized Infrastructure
▬▬▬▬▬▬     https://www.jacs.tech/     ▬▬▬▬▬▬
kanmo

Activity: 458

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:28:00 PM

I don't think its a good thing to pass through the hassle of passing KYC in order to receive airdrop token. Some airdrops don't worth the KYC because it may not have value when listed on exchange.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
bitbabba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:29:55 PM

I am not comfortable giving my all private identity details for like 50 dollars or sth like this. I don't like KYC at all. If i am investing around 10.000 usd or more ok take my KYC, but for 50 usd i dont even bother.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Osayo

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 05:34:45 PM

My response is a FRANK NO! I wish the KYC of a thing did not even get involved at all because it was not like that from the beginning. I wonder why people start making it a requirement for airdrops too.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
maometano

Activity: 268

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:26:19 PM

I don't think its a good thing to pass through the hassle of passing KYC in order to receive airdrop token. Some airdrops don't worth the KYC because it may not have value when listed on exchange.
True, in my opinion, too, the airdrop KYC system is not entirely objective, but the tokens we receive sometimes have no value. from the positive side by reducing multiple accounts and becoming more effective for a complete biodata to start the project, if it is comparable to tokens that we can do no problem, because there have been too many failures or frauds, be smarter in choosing comparable ones.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: