Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:34:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good?  (Read 2893 times)
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:28:47 PM

It will never be a good thing to have KYC on airdrop.
remember there are so many ICO who was a scam and asking for KYC.
this will be not good even just on airdrop.
make your self-secured as always never do KYC in any AIRDROP.
Deewhy2
Copper Member

Activity: 233
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:34:55 PM

KYC on airdrop is not a good thing,  I count it as waste of time.  Most bounties don't have KYC and for just airdrop to have KYC is never a good idea.

Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:43:23 PM

My identity is not worth few bucks so I stopped doing airdrops and now I am considering about stop doing bounty campaigns because I see that more and more bounty camapigns require KYC.
In crypto, there should be no KYC, no AML, we should be free and not supervised as criminals Roll Eyes.
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:44:28 PM

Doing KYC for airdrop is ok for me but at least the value of it is also worth to provide your identity , As you may notice more and more airdrops are just turned into nothing so in my opinion getting money for airdrop only is not a good way to earn money.  
Kulitha

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 06:49:42 PM

I think they put KYC submitting rule for avoiding multiple participation my same person. Sometimes we could find profitable airdrops that asking KYC also. I think getting decision for participating this kind of bounty campaigns depend on demand of project, I will not worthless if project has good demand.
frchowe214

Activity: 402

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:50:19 PM

Most will be scammers trying to get your personal details to sell on the underground markets. I would only do a KYC for a trusted project with full transparency, and it would have to be a good profitable one, otherwise avoid like the plague

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
Terrmit

Activity: 413
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:56:50 PM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.

You are telling the absolute truth. Projects that require your data are not a guarantee of success. There is no guarantee that you will not encounter a number of problems later. All this is done for whatever purpose. And when we find out the real purpose of data collection, we may regret it.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
Vieni

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:56:59 PM

I was active in airdrop before the kyc regulations was imposed. I have no problem with kyc. But the problem is the reward for airdrop is so low. I miss airdrop lile the kind of ebtc, blue, hawala, equal, authereon, pearl, hydro and some other to mention. This has no kyc but i have earned a lot from this.  So having kyc in airdrop is not convenient, giving your details and document for only $5 -$10 value of tokens.
fina13

Activity: 243

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 07:44:28 PM

For me, it's not good to fill KYC to claim Airdrop. I think it is very risky to give our identity in the Airdrop project because there are currently many airdrops that are scam.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
Crim3

Activity: 294
Merit: 21

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:45:34 PM

Comrades, the format of airdrops itself is no good.  Introducing KYC will somehow turn them into a kind of bounty.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
cerberus5424

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:13:50 PM

I don't think anyone would want to go through KYC for the company's airdrop. But if there are such people, then you are simply madmen. No offense, but in order to get from one to 20 dollars, you are ready to give your personal data in the hands of unknown people and knowing that 90 percent of ICO and airdrop are fraud.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Ragnar Lothbrok

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:42:45 PM

of course not, in my opinion KYC is only used for the identity of people who buy ICOs, because KYC is "Know Your Customer" and I think we are not customers of the ICO but the team of the ICO, because we helped promote the ICO instead of buying the ICO and we are referred to as marketing in the ICO, so in my opinion if airdrop asks for KYC it is very unreasonable and I am afraid that the KYC we give can be misused (not negative thinking but alert), therefore I never join the airdrop asking to fill KYC.
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:43:29 PM

I can't even give my details out to any project, let alone airdrop that is full of scam. Most of them them are after getting the personal data of their victims. If any of them is not ready to give out good reward without KYC, then they should hold their tokens.
MAXENATOR

Activity: 90
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:28:43 PM

In my opinion, this is the most useless thing that managers may require from bounty hunters.
At the moment, it is not difficult to forge identification documents, and they do not understand this and continue to ask them to provide.
felicity06

Activity: 251
Merit: 3

Globe-dex.com

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:40:57 PM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.

It depends on what airdrop is, having KYC in airdops are quite good because we know that some projects are increasing their security to avoid scammers and other fraudulent activities. But for all airdrops and bounty hunters it is very common to pass KYC before getting their tokens likewise for all investors who want to purchase token directly in tokensale that provides of a ICO projects.

[ Globe-dex.com ]
───────────[  Modern Trading Platform With High Trade Engine ]───────────
KofiAdepa

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:46:35 PM

Actually with the whole KYC thing I don't really support it since giving out your personal details to an unknown person with no regulatory body is quiet strange and alarming. No one is to be trusted since what they normally say is they will not use your details for anything bad of which I doubt. Airdrops with KYC don't worry yourself since it might not fetch you much.

●  ●  ●    Auditchain    ●  ●  ●
◄►  REAL-TIME ASSURANCE. ONE BLOCK AT A TIME  ◄►
maflec0713

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:47:46 PM

Hi. Giving your information to a project that is unknown makes me think twice for you're giving them a chance to use your information. But if you trust the project and its value is worth it, maybe you can do the KYC. I believe some trusted projects asking KYC, uses authenticator to keep safe your information.
moneyangel

Activity: 336

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:53:36 PM

I will not waste my time in those airdrop as this is not worth to gamble my identity. I only know that KYC is only for those investors that invested more than 2 ETH but not for those participants in bounties or airdrop.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1345

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

Kyc for an airdrop is really a bad idea.
I would not participate in such an action and give out my data.
The days of the good airdrops are over, and that's why i've given up on taking part.
You are taking the right decision, many people have decided that they are willing to give up their data to people that they do not know over the Internet for coins that do not even have any value, when you look at what you are giving up in order to get those coins it is very obvious that you are making a terrible deal because even if the coins that you receive become valuable now those people can use your identity for all kind of bad things.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:03:13 AM

With airdrops 90% being scam or being worthless, implementing kyc is quite alarming. There have been a lots of reports with scammers stealing private information via kyc. I have been always against kyc and with these reports I am pretty certain that my beliefs is actually correct. Sharing personal information online is really dangerous.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: