Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:17:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum fail if Vitalik dies?  (Read 4011 times)
cc001

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:28:37 PM

And as he himself recently said, other developers are involved in Ethereum. He does not climb into the process.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
satgoldan

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:34:23 PM

IMHO, but yes. When there was news that Vitalik died in a car accident (of course, fake), then Ethereum fell. Yet Acne is the head of the Ethereum, its face. And in general this is the rule. Bad news about the head of some company = drop in the company's shares.

─────────────── IMO Ecosystem ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
[ TELEGRAM ] J O I N U S [ TWITTER ]
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:35:32 PM

Not so long ago, Vitalik Buterin said that the Ethereum network will quietly work in the normal mode and without it. Are there no talented developers in the project team? Or third-party developers? I think there is. Just a project can be quite different.
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:32:29 PM

Of course not. I did not hear anything more stupid. the ether is already positioning itself and is one of the most popular and multifunctional. so do not invent nonsense!
otunyot

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 03:36:46 PM

Ethereum is the second decentralized Cryptocurrency while bitcoin is first Cryptocurrency that is not control or own by single individual or group of people.  Ethereum will continue to develop and evolve with or without vitalik or any particular figure for that matter!

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Collinberg

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 03:39:11 PM

Vitalik is just the public face of Ethereum but there are a thousand people in the background who does the real work so if Vatalik were to die today, the project would not end but it would probably take a temporary hard hit but it would rally eventually.

ColdEmbrace

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:40:26 PM

The price will probably be affected for a little while but as long as the Ethereum team will continue to maintain and develop the ETH platform then I would say that it is still a solid project. I hope you're not planning to kill Vitalik though  Grin
so_stupid

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:43:24 PM

Maybe the broadcast will not fall off, but his course or "shares" will clearly lose their share of the percent

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:49:45 PM

Of course not. I did not hear anything more stupid. the ether is already positioning itself and is one of the most popular and multifunctional. so do not invent nonsense!

I agree you with you, I don't know how these stuffs goes on their mind. They know eth is becoming very popular in the crypto market, but still they have such silly doubts. Investors check the future of the project before investing not the person. Yes it may impact for few days but not permanently.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:50:39 PM

Nothing significant will definitely happen, because today the majority of development activities over ETH are moving very productively and without Vitalik, therefore nothing terrible will happen exactly.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:52:29 PM

Vitalik Buterin is a genious, he created decentralized alternative cryptocurrency. But now, Vitalik for Ethereum project is not needed, Ethereum is a decentralized network with thousands of developers. Some people think that if Vitalik leave Ethereum, it will be much better for Ethereum because it will make Ethereum even more decentralized Wink.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
Blamsud

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:53:20 PM

Nothing significant will definitely happen, because today the majority of development activities over ETH are moving very productively and without Vitalik, therefore nothing terrible will happen exactly.
It's a platform and it already exists the system works with or without anyone involves. It stable now in terms of transactions and what some developers already doing now is just adding more feature for better use.
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 04:58:40 PM

As Vitalik himself rightfully pointed out, Ethereum will survive even without him. He is already planning to take a backseat and not to be fronted as the owner anymore. It therefore means that even if he dies, Ethereum will live on.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
BravO_o

Activity: 532
Merit: 165

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:42:39 PM

Let's think logically. If Vitaly Buterin dies, God forbid, of course, the company will simply head a new Director and continue to work. This should not affect the price of Ethereum in any way
cryptolidus

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:55:53 PM

As Vitalik tweeted last week there are other main developers who will carry on the project when he one day
leaves the project. Good projects have chance to succeed even if the leader leave.

Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:57:31 PM

Not at all someone will overtake the business. But the reliability of the project will be less. And number of factors arises. But it is uncertain scenario.
koincik

Activity: 868
Merit: 265

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:59:38 PM

Vitalik is still very young Smiley

I hope nothing happens. I don't want to think of a person who is old at this age, even if it's not Ethereum. But I think it will continue to evolve from this moment, whether or not Vitalik.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
stevanGR

Activity: 310

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:17:52 PM

it just down for short term not on long term. maybe vitalik can be changed by other people who can handle his task
the, developing ethereum depends on 'new' vitalik

kinollihik

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:45:49 PM

I think if this happens then the course of the coin will drop a lot. But the project itself will remain alive and will work. But what will happen then is unknown to me
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:48:42 PM

What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes
I don't think it will make the slightest bit of difference to ETH as a whole, it will continue on but it would be without it's leader you could say.  He is talking about moving away from it anyway.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: