Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:46:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum fail if Vitalik dies?  (Read 4006 times)
ellensmith025

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:30:27 AM

At the last conference, there was a very warm and positive atmosphere that inspired confidence in the future of the project. Now I think that it is worth waiting for the upcoming update of the network, it will determine how the future fate of the project will develop.
Do not prematurely write off with Vitaly counts.

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:49:12 AM

In my opinion, even if something happens to Vitalik, which of course would not be very desirable, then Ethereum will be able to fully develop together with the team that he has!
Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 11:01:50 AM

What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes

I don't think ethereum will fail in case Vitalik will suddenly die because I'm pretty sure he has someone whom he will pass on and entrust his entire legacy be it his money and other very important things that will make his name still alive even when his gone.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:38:39 AM

Ethereum may be his brainchild but do not think it is really dependent upon him only. Just like any business goes on with CEOs changing, Ethereum will go on with or without Vitalik.

Yes. Ethereum might survive after Vitalik's death, especially since there's a lot of money invested into it. There are a lot of developers and ordinary people supporting this smart contract platform, which means that it'll be hard to take down anytime soon. Given the level of popularity Ethereum has gained over just a couple of years after launch, it could be said that it's similar to Bitcoin in every way. Of course, something as tragic as Vitalik's death would cause the price per ETH to fall, but it should be a matter of time before the market recovers.

There are still a lot of things to be done, and while Vitalik is still alive, Ethereum could take the right step into becoming a smart contract platform that's unstoppable. In fact, Ethereum is already unstoppable since it has a lot of hashpower supporting the security of its blockchain. With the transition from PoW to PoS, things are going to become even better for Ethereum. Therefore, I don't think that Vitalik's death should be any reason to worry if there's a replacement that would help the project move on to new heights. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
elliuut

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:55:51 AM

The past has proven that vitalik is a crucial part in ethereums success. When the rumours came the first time around the prices crashed super badly. Hence, I think ethereum will fall if he dies.
alonelyorange

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:02:03 AM

Maybe ethereuem right now have die without Vitalik still live, look how drop of ethereum price more than three months and never got higher price, how to make ethereum could growing back again to higher price.
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 03:09:02 AM

Should cause fall for a short while, but ethereum certainly won't die, there will be someone else who would take over.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:16:27 AM

Yes, if he dies it will drastically reduce the price for some time being but that will not be the end of Ethereum. Vitalik is not the only one behind Ethereum, there are many developers working behind the scene that we do not really know them and they will not abandon the project.

I think not, ethereum has complete, there is no debug or error when using ethereum, if Vitalik die certainly does not have any impact on ethereum, the proof is that everyone can make ethereum based tokens without permission so that it becomes a good opportunity in the future.

youcansee

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:18:44 AM

In my opinion, even if something happens to Vitalik, which of course would not be very desirable, then Ethereum will be able to fully develop together with the team that he has!
I agree, although Vitalik has an important role in the development of ethereum, still if he dies, surely there will also be someone who can replace his position, although later the price of ethereum must fall first

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:22:17 AM

I agree, although Vitalik has an important role in the development of ethereum, still if he dies, surely there will also be someone who can replace his position, although later the price of ethereum must fall first

Yes... that is the way I think about it as well. Ethereum is not a one man army, at least now. There are a lot of competent developers out there who can sort out the bugs and issues. But the price is going to crash quite heavily.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:40:59 AM

I think the price will dump dramatically in this case but then it will go back as soon as people understand that ethereum project will live in any case. Vitalik is not the only person here who develops this project. He is just the one who most of the people know as the founder. But I don't think that ethereum can't live without him.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:51:09 AM

I don't think ethereum will big dump if Vitalik is dead maybe down a little, ethereum will continue running I'm sure of that because many people like eth and I'm sure they will replace a good leader.
jemura

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:56:18 AM

We allready know Apple and Steve Jobs. Apple still huge company, lider. IN MY opinion ETHEREUM will continue growth

chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 04:38:06 AM

We allready know Apple and Steve Jobs. Apple still huge company, lider. IN MY opinion ETHEREUM will continue growth

You're right. Apple is still the leading company in smartphone industry after Steve Jobs death. Same goes with ethereum. The ethereum price may be declined so hard if Vitalik died but the project won't fail. Ethereum has a big community that will help the continuation of ethereum's development.
primarydumz

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 04:41:28 AM

I dont think so, its like bitcoin when satoshi nakamoto abandon bitcoin it doesnt fail infact bitcoin is getting progress in every year. Thats why if Vitalik will die ethereum will survive and continous to grow and progressing in the future.

▰✔♞❉▰ Globedx BOUNTY MANAGER ▰❉♞✔▰
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:03:01 AM

Vitalik hasn't been involved in a life threatening accident or recently died of a serious illness so what is the point of asking questions like this?

No project is bigger than any one person, did Apple collapse when Steve Jobs died?

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Ayomiqueen
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:47:54 AM

We are in a decentralized technology which has nothing to do with the founder life or any other thing but people are just nothing and used to fud, which will only react to the market at that particular point in time and surely the market will stabilize again and every thing will normalise . His death will not crash eth just as Satoshi where about does have any thing to do with btc price.

jcmansah7

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:52:53 AM

I don't think so because any good leader who is spearing any project makes sure that he puts in place someone who can step into his shoes whiles he is gone and i believe that Vitalik has someone among his team who can also lead the Ethereum project to great success when he is no more.
Long live Vitalik because i want to see the Ethereum project fully developed to the max!

miningguru

Activity: 1148
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:55:40 AM

I don't think so because there are a group of people behind Ethereum to move the blockchain to further level, besides there is a group of people in Ethereum Alliance where they will develop the Ethereum blockchain to further level developments by adding new features to it.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:57:48 AM

Ethereum as it is still an open protocol cryptocurrency, I think if by any reason Vitalik could not go on with ethereum, other developers can continue where he stopped and the growth and development of ethereum can continue!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: