Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:08:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 34021 times)
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:29:04 AM

Face it, bitcoin is in the tank and has nowhere to go but down and out. Get over it.
efx

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:29:10 AM

Ohh unix drivers!?

Hahaha, that's wonderful!

You're going to have to try harder if you actually expect me to believe you're anything more than an uneducated teenager.

What, you think I got stuck bagholding? Sorry little buddy, you really have no idea what you're talking about.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:33:41 AM

Son, I was writing unix device drivers while you were still pissing your pants.

Why don't you tell him you were whittling abacuses too.  That stodgy I'm an old timie programmer nonsense is worthless these days.
efx

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:34:18 AM

I think he's just repeating something he heard, probably from an "antique".  Wink

Either way, heh.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:34:33 AM

My dad said the same thing back in '98 when I tried to get him to get DSL and ditch AOL dial up after I told him he didn't understand modern computers. You must be an antique which explains why you have this overwhelming misunderstanding of what constitutes a crime and what doesn't.

~BCX~

hey look, i don't have to prove anything to anybody. Why don't you tone down the rhetoric. What you are planning to do is essentially to cause financial harm to unknown people by exploiting a vulnerability in AUR. That's the bottom line here. In my mind, that's criminal activity.

anderl

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:40:27 AM

My dad said the same thing back in '98 when I tried to get him to get DSL and ditch AOL dial up after I told him he didn't understand modern computers. You must be an antique which explains why you have this overwhelming misunderstanding of what constitutes a crime and what doesn't.

~BCX~

hey look, i don't have to prove anything to anybody. Why don't you tone down the rhetoric. What you are planning to do is essentially to cause financial harm to unknown people by exploiting a vulnerability in AUR. That's the bottom line here. In my mind, that's criminal activity.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:42:57 AM

Technically KGW hasn't been deployed yet, so no KGW yet exist in AUR.

~BCX~

That is irrelevant. You made your intent clear in your original statement. [edit] I suggest you keep to your sandbox and if you have significant results to publish, then publish and advocate for them, but don't fuck around with real blockchains.
efx

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:43:48 AM

No, in your mind it's morally wrong. Crime and morals aren't exactly the same thing. I do understand where you're coming from, I've been on the other side of the same sort of situation before.

However, I consider AUR morally wrong.  If KGT is indeed seriously flawed (and it does appear to be so), the implications extend far beyond the currently short AUR chain. I would rather see one fairly recent chain go down and the others adapt rather than a scammer taking advantage of every chain that utilizes KGT and really screwing everyone over without any notice or understanding of what actually happened.

Ideally, this work would have already been done on a testnet before launch and/or kimoto never advertise his creation as secure. Apparently, that's too much to ask these days.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:44:11 AM

~BCX~

Look man i'm getting low on popcorn here... I couldn't care less about the linux drivers. Or the legal/ethical implications.... like that has any kind of weight with someone running a large botnet.

Is there going to to be a 500BTC bet placed tonight or not. It seems that this kind of talk scares most people away. Being a high roller with almost 500 LTC i feel comfortable in these situations.

So let's get to it.

1. anderl -- are you accepting bcx's 250 BTC challenge?

2. how long before i cold storage my 14 aurora coins?

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:47:07 AM

No, in your mind it's morally wrong. Crime and morals aren't exactly the same thing. I do understand where you're coming from, I've been on the other side of the same sort of situation before.

However, I consider AUR morally wrong.  If KGT is indeed seriously flawed (and it does appear to be so), the implications extend far beyond the currently short AUR chain. I would rather see one fairly recent chain go down and the others adapt rather than a scammer taking advantage of every chain that utilizes KGT and really screwing everyone over without any notice or understanding of what actually happened.

Ideally, this work would have already been done on a testnet before launch and/or kimoto never advertise his creation as secure. Apparently, that's too much to ask these days.

You are not judge and jury and executioner in this world. Maybe in your dreams, but not here, not now.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:48:52 AM

Look man i'm getting low on popcorn here...

Who sold you a ticket ?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:53:03 AM

Who sold you a ticket ?

The aurora dev, we're both sitting here in our pj's waiting for the action to start. He said nothing can touch aurora coin, this beast is rock solid.... coingen gives a money back warranty so he's not worried either way.

anderl

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:53:12 AM

It's a fools bet.  He's already prepped to exploit AUR coin.  The game is rigged.  Besides that wasn't what I was looking for.  I want to see him hammer MAZACOIN.  But he can't do it.  He's already backed Aururacoin and isn't going to drop that exploit to try to feed a troll.  Too bad, so sad

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:53:24 AM

That is irrelevant. You made your intent clear in your original statement.

Glad you can still read after the sun goes down. My ol' man I guess is probably about your age (50's -ish) and he has a hard reading after dark. Intent hasn't changed. I see in another thread users are advocating for KGW to be deployed sooner than 5400, I'm all for it.

~BCX~

Well make sure you publish a snail mail address where legal service can be delivered if you have the balls.
anderl

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:55:21 AM

That is irrelevant. You made your intent clear in your original statement.

Glad you can still read after the sun goes down. My ol' man I guess is probably about your age (50's -ish) and he has a hard reading after dark. Intent hasn't changed. I see in another thread users are advocating for KGW to be deployed sooner than 5400, I'm all for it.

~BCX~

Well make sure you publish a snail mail address where legal service can be delivered if you have the balls.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:56:46 AM

Bitcoins, bullies and taunts. Judges, juries and executioners. Where did all the flowers go, long time a passing ...
anderl

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:58:12 AM

Bitcoins, bullies and taunts. Judges, juries and executioners. Where did all the flowers go, long time a passing ...

efx

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:59:30 AM

You are not judge and jury and executioner in this world. Maybe in your dreams, but not here, not now.

You come up with some odd responses. How about you address the real concern I presented instead of pushing back with nothing more than banality. I take it you believe everyone should just lay down and pretend nothing is wrong, even though people have expressed concerned about KGW (idk why I started putting a T in there...) and aur? The funny thing, people are mostly unwilling to listen to the voices of caution around here and have instead willingly lined up for exploitation by not asking the critical questions.

General apathy, misinformation and lack of understanding is not healthy for a strong decentralized chain.

I guess that sounds just fine to you though....

anderl

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:01:31 AM

It's a fools bet.  He's already prepped to exploit AUR coin.  The game is rigged.  Besides that wasn't what I was looking for.  I want to see him hammer MAZACOIN.  But he can't do it.  He's already backed Aururacoin and isn't going to drop that exploit to try to feed a troll.  Too bad, so sad

At least your straight up honest.

I give you that.

~BCX~

It's a Thursday night and I'm down a half bottle of scotch.  I'm lookin for entertainment.  I may be ripped but I still have enough sense that to place a stupid bet.  I'm not some altcoin dev.
efx

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:02:33 AM

At least your straight up honest.

I give you that.

~BCX~

It's a Thursday night and I'm down a half bottle of scotch.  I'm lookin for entertainment.  I may be ripped but I still have enough sense that to place a stupid bet.  I'm not some altcoin dev.

Even with the scotch, still sharper than many haha! I honestly know nothing about mazda coin or whatever it is, however since your offer has not been taken up, I assume you might be correct.

...I must ask about the context of that Mr. Rogers .gif, heh.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: