Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 34017 times)
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 05:10:52 PM

This is my last post in this thread for today. Good luck BitcoinEXpress.

To the above poster, just a quote from your recent work.... Not really a man of your word I see?

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 05:12:36 PM

Many crystal balls. Such proud ethics. Very fervor.
Many crusaders and evangelists everywhere .
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:22:35 PM

Cryptocurrency is in the land of the ungoverned. It is a lawless society based on computer mathematics. Your morals sound good, but your logic does not.

Good luck with that attitude if real monetary damages are being caused.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 05:23:25 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 05:41:26 PM by LTEX

I think this is a great idea because the entire thing is being announced publicly.

I am surprised anyone would speak out against this. If a flaw can be found in a coin, it should be found and stomped on hard so it can be fixed. You do realize that if BitcoinEXpress could find it, then technically anyone could, and they most likely would NOT be out in the open about it.
people fail to understand security through obscurity is no security at all.

many of the aur boosters itt are so afraid their coin will fail they aim to quash ANY discussion that might put their currency of the week in a bad light, rather than fixing the problems and addressing the fundamental flaws in their currency strategy.  

Your statement is true, but wouldn't it be more logical if BCX just be "out in the open about it" for real? I mean. If answer A to the question asked by Colinstheman is the only truthful one, shouldn't BCX be really open about his findings and contribute to the improvement of the security rather than ranting about how he will prove how he is so good in destroying "an entire nations coin" ??

It's like Putin bombing the hell out of the Ukraine and saying "hey, I told you I could do it, stop wining! If I hadn't done it someone else would have. It's because they are weak!"

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 05:30:13 PM

Cryptocurrency is in the land of the ungoverned. It is a lawless society based on computer mathematics. Your morals sound good, but your logic does not.

This ^^^

Anyway, it looks like ~BCX~ has realized that he is unable to justify his actions and has backed off of his threat against AUR holders.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:37:37 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 06:08:13 PM by kalus

people fail to understand security through obscurity is no security at all.

many of the aur boosters itt are so afraid their coin will fail they aim to quash ANY discussion that might put their currency of the week in a bad light, rather than fixing the problems and addressing the fundamental flaws in their currency strategy.

Your statement is true, but wouldn't it be more logical if BCX just be "out in the open about it" for real? I mean. If answer A to the question asked by Colinstheman is the only truthful one, shouldn't BCX be really open about his findings and contribute to the improvement of the security
yes! That's the purpose of this thread.  you're aware of the stress test because of this thread, and BCX didn't keep it a secret.  some people (nite69, boristhespider) are taking this thread for good use, and are discussing solutions ITT.  However, you, s1gs3gv, and a few others are trolling this thread, and are actively trying to suppress anyone disagreeing with the auroracoin party line.  

By spending your energy criticizing BCX you solve none of the problems with the coin design, the airdrop, and the poor network hashrate of auroracoin.

take your own advice, and allow people to discuss improvements to security, rather than attacking the messenger and attempting to stop discussion of problems with auroracoin.  

rather than ranting about how he will prove how he is so good in destroying "an entire nations coin" ??
please show us where the nation of iceland has officially accepted this coin as their national currency.  Without this, you and the Panamanian developer are essentially imposing your financial will on a sovereign nation. 

It's like Putin bombing the hell out of the Ukraine and saying "hey, I told you I could do it, stop wining!"
so where would mining a blockchain equate to bombing and killing civilians?  hell of a strawman you're constructing here.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 11:12:25 PM

This ^^^

Anyway, it looks like ~BCX~ has realized that he is unable to justify his actions and has backed off of his threat against AUR holders.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! Or maybe he just doesnt feed trolls. Ahhh... can you smell that popcorn?  Cheesy

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 11:17:58 PM

another ~BCT~ sock puppet exhibiting all the signs of independent thinking

~~LOL~~
Crypto-t

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 12:26:50 AM

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:17:30 AM

I didn't threaten anyone, just giving notice of testing an exploit I think exist in AUR when KGW is rolled out.

Why am I giving notice? Simply because in the past when I use alt coin chains as test subjects, people tend to lose coins.
~BCX~

Does not compute.

~~LOL~~
pjviitas

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:27:12 AM

Look...the guy has all the right in the world to cripple Auroracoin...its not illegal.  Auroracoin is not legal tender.

Even if some country wanted to try and indict him I doubt anyone one extradite him...so he is basically safe.

In the mean time I still haven't had anyone volunteer to give me any pointers on how to put my AUR into offline cold storage.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:31:54 AM

microwaved a new batch of jiffypop.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:35:02 AM

LOL Smiley

....Fear - the city is rank with it.

Nite69

Activity: 477

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:42:33 AM

Look...the guy has all the right in the world to cripple Auroracoin...its not illegal.  Auroracoin is not legal tender.

Even if some country wanted to try and indict him I doubt anyone one extradite him...so he is basically safe.

In the mean time I still haven't had anyone volunteer to give me any pointers on how to put my AUR into offline cold storage.

Just run a client on a virtual machine, or some old PC or laptop everyone has a pile of in their closets, send your coins to that wallet, (optionally:wait till they are there) and then turn it off.

Sync: ShiSKnx4W6zrp69YEFQyWk5TkpnfKLA8wx
Bitcoin: 17gNvfoD2FDqTfESUxNEmTukGbGVAiJhXp
Litecoin: LhbDew4s9wbV8xeNkrdFcLK5u78APSGLrR
AuroraCoin: AXVoGgYtSVkPv96JLL7CiwcyVvPxXHXRK9
colinistheman

Activity: 872

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:37:14 PM

Look...the guy has all the right in the world to cripple Auroracoin...its not illegal.  Auroracoin is not legal tender.

Just run a client on a virtual machine, or some old PC or laptop everyone has a pile of in their closets, send your coins to that wallet, (optionally:wait till they are there) and then turn it off.

Or just print a bunch of paper wallets and send your coins there. That's probably the easiest way.

You can see the private keys by going to your Aurora QT client console and typing 'dumpprivkey [public key]'

Then print these out on paper and send your coins to them.

Important note: You would want to do the generation of the new key(s) on an offline computer and delete the wallet.dat file when you are done.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
colinistheman

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:41:09 PM

just waiting for block 5400.

Excellent. It looks like Aurora has 718 blocks to go. They are 10 minute blocks, so that means there's about 5 days left to wait.

Question for BitcoinEXpress: I noticed you are waiting for AUR coin to newly implement KGW. Does this mean that your method of exploit won't work on an existing coins' KGW that have been in use for a while?

If your answer is that it makes no difference when KGW is implemented for this exploit to work, then why don't you just do it on the pettiest coin you can find that already has KGW? Plus, that way you don't have to wait 5 more days.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lunas

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:12:28 PM

If he follows through with this he is doing aurora coin for several reasons some he has posted here.
colinistheman

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:28:19 PM

just waiting for block 5400.

Excellent. It looks like Aurora has 718 blocks to go. They are 10 minute blocks, so that means there's about 5 days left to wait.

Question for BitcoinEXpress: I noticed you are waiting for AUR coin to newly implement KGW. Does this mean that your method of exploit won't work on an existing coins' KGW that have been in use for a while?

If your answer is that it makes no difference when KGW is implemented for this exploit to work, then why don't you just do it on the pettiest coin you can find that already has KGW? Plus, that way you don't have to wait 5 more days.

I know for a fact it works on KGC as I sandbox tested it.

AUR devs had made this personal that's why.

For all I know this might not work on a live chain with decent hashrate, but I don't think the hashrate will effect anything.

We'll see.
~BCX~

Ok i see. Revenge is not always a good tactic, but nevertheless thanks for the explanation.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Trinibits

Activity: 635

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:39:27 PM

I wonder how damaging this will be for the crypto currency reputation with the public who are now getting to know about this exciting world. Auroracoin now has media exposure and if the coin is taken out due to vulnerability issues with KGW the media is going to have a field day with this and in the bigger picture strengthen any argument the banks and public have against us.
I personally support this coin and have faith in it but I also believe that scam coins need to be given the boot. If I was going to pull down scam coins I would choose one not in the media's eye so that cypto currency's reputation remains in tact and that future devs better think twice before releasing scam coins because they will get shut down quick time.
However if Auroracoin does turn out to be a scam coin its a real shame. If the air drop dont happen then I would be first man calling for BCX to pull down this coin. At this point If I knew how to fuck up the scene I would give it the benefit of the doubt up till air drop day.
Just a thought
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 06:19:59 PM

There is no logical solution for the "Air drop" being anything other than a scam or better said a laundering mechanism for the premine. This is amplified by the fact the AUR Devs have categorically refused to even consider moving the premine to a trusted third party escrow and removing themselves from the air drop. There is one reason they won't.

~BCX~

Man you have a huge block of concrete around your brains! I have tried several times to answer this in a decent and logical manner, maybe if I put it up in big read letter, will that help?

I agree 100% with you that having a trusted third party controlling the airdrop would help a lot to support trust to this campaign. But then comes the logical question: Who is going to be this third party?

I don't think it can be an escrow from this forum. As I stated before, where lies the trust in a forum member that has a fictive name and says in his profile he is a 12 year old girl?

So, it obviously needs to be a well respected openly and publicly known member of real society. Even if we can find such a person willing to take up the burden, it will be a bad choice. Why? Because the pre mined coins can then be easily seized by Government, banks or criminals!

So that's why it is perfectly logical to me that Dev doesn't use third party and keeps anonymous until the airdrop has been put into motion. I am one of few who has actual insight in the plan and have no doubt it will work perfectly, also in a way all transfers from pre mined addresses actually transparently get to the Icelandic people.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: