Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:06:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token price dropping after ICO, why so?  (Read 32288 times)
bchain22
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:56:46 PM

Too large a bonus and also the bounty provided will indeed be a threat to the market to be declining. that's the reason why many ico experience a big decline when they are listed on the market
I did not see the discount of the token after the ICO affected by the bounty. You say the bonus is too big? It is only 100-300k and equates to 1% of total ICO revenue. So the fall of the tokens is due to the market going down, unrelated to the bounty and the bounty hunters

It seems to me that the members of the community are all beginning to accuse the Bounty Hunters of falling prices, but in any case this is not so. I understand the negative statements in the direction of bounty hunters.

Would be refreshing to hear some bounty hunters comments here as well. Because, yeah, right now a lot of heat goes towards them regarding the prices falling after the ICO.

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alijiindahaus

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:40:51 PM

Too large a bonus and also the bounty provided will indeed be a threat to the market to be declining. that's the reason why many ico experience a big decline when they are listed on the market
I did not see the discount of the token after the ICO affected by the bounty. You say the bonus is too big? It is only 100-300k and equates to 1% of total ICO revenue. So the fall of the tokens is due to the market going down, unrelated to the bounty and the bounty hunters

It seems to me that the members of the community are all beginning to accuse the Bounty Hunters of falling prices, but in any case this is not so. I understand the negative statements in the direction of bounty hunters.

Would be refreshing to hear some bounty hunters comments here as well. Because, yeah, right now a lot of heat goes towards them regarding the prices falling after the ICO.
I also always meet negative information regarding Bounty Hunters. What are we to blame? The price of a coin cannot fall because of us, because even the total pool for a Bounty company rarely exceeds 2% of the total amount of coins. 2% of coins can not affect pricing. In addition, if the project is really promising, then a sane person will never sell the coin at low prices.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 05:58:38 PM

I also always meet negative information regarding Bounty Hunters. What are we to blame? The price of a coin cannot fall because of us, because even the total pool for a Bounty company rarely exceeds 2% of the total amount of coins. 2% of coins can not affect pricing. In addition, if the project is really promising, then a sane person will never sell the coin at low prices.
Its always expected much more to some investors because they need to buy tokens on Ico and its been a normal situation that after the Ico and the token or coin has been added to an exchange the price drops slowly or faster.  We cannot say that it was all from bounty hunter but the price falls because of the big holder or investors as well the big bounty credits of a particular token to sell right away on that exchange.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:19:03 PM

Aside from the Op's mentioned post from this thread, ICO's tend to pay tokens for advisors and other members of their team and some of them don't have some lock-up period to ensure no one is dumping large amounts of tokens you can't imagine how much they are paying them aside from regular cryptos like bitcoin and Eth, others from bounty hunters but that will also depend on the allocation of the campaign.

wojteks102

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:27:31 PM

Some reasons from my person:
1. Early investors dumping with little profit because of bonuses for them.
2. Bounty hunters dumping after token hit first exchange.
3. Some bad news come out about the project or team.
4. Whole crypto market situation and sentiment.
LOLpenguin
Copper Member

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

I like crypto podcasts...

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:52:20 PM

I think this sums it up pretty well

◄◄◄ Love the Crypto and Blockchain Talk podcast - listen here: www.cryptoandblockchaintalk.com ►►►

◄◄◄ LOL, funny crypto cover - "That's Not My Coin" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAcFrToY0Uw ►►►
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:01:41 PM

Its always expected much more to some investors because they need to buy tokens on Ico and its been a normal situation that after the Ico and the token or coin has been added to an exchange the price drops slowly or faster.  We cannot say that it was all from bounty hunter but the price falls because of the big holder or investors as well the big bounty credits of a particular token to sell right away on that exchange.
Bounty hunters do always took the blame when we do talk about dumps on initial listing of coins on its first exchange without even thinking that the real dumpers on those times are the investors majority to
secure out profits specially for those who bought on pre-sale but basing on the most common situation do happen on each project now.I can barely see to investors on making profits on a short time with ICO methods but rather they do lose up some amounts on their investment for sure.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:02:05 PM

I go with first point as they are the ICO investors who get the coin first and when the coin hit the exchange they are the one who sell the coin in any price as you stated they get coins with discount so their purchasing price becomes low and when the coins goes below ICO price then also they are in profit due to bonus.

But even then everyone blames on bounty hunter when they clearly know that the bounty hunters are the coin who get coin very late even after coin hit the exchange they get after some time till then coin price goes down and the bounty coin worth become very low.

kanayaTabitha

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:13:35 PM

2018 in my opinion the year to invest after the ICO is finished. start buying coins / tokens with a good concept and wait a month after the exchange is registered, the price will drop. why does this happen, because the market is bearish, now is the time for market correction whether to go up or down. stay cool and strong friend Kiss
Copod (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

crypto merchandise from www.RealCoinStore.com

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 09:17:47 PM

Yes, that makes sense as well. If only 2% of the tokens in circulation are handed to bounty hunters, then it is such a small fraction of the whole token distribution amount. It might be hard for them to have a big impact on the token price.

buying all my crypto merchandise from www.realcoinstore.com - tshirt, hoodies, mugs, coins, pillows, tote bags and more 🌟 FREE SHIPPING 🌟 on all coins and keychains
ohkkstaaahp

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:20:56 PM

- I do not think the reward for a bounty is a big problem because it only accounts for a very small part of the project, even bounty hunters also have no chance to sell tokens when they received the reward at a very late time, so the problem is not in the bounty. I very doubt the problem is the investors, they gradually realized that the projects were no longer too attractive and no longer profitable, especially in a very bad market situation like now, selling quickly when there is profit is their decision, they want to ensure safety and not loss but that thought has led to the collapse of the token after it is listed
Bounty is small, but they are the first to sell. During the trading session, they buy at low price and then sell again at below ICO price and higher than purchase price. That made investors fear and they also have the mentality of selling their pennies because they fear losses

tersotr

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:30:56 PM

2018 in my opinion the year to invest after the ICO is finished. start buying coins / tokens with a good concept and wait a month after the exchange is registered, the price will drop. why does this happen, because the market is bearish, now is the time for market correction whether to go up or down. stay cool and strong friend Kiss
Based on the fact that investors at ICO receive huge bonuses, it makes sense for them to immediately sell all received coins, and at the same time receive the necessary profit.
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:47:00 PM

Aside from the Op's mentioned post from this thread, ICO's tend to pay tokens for advisors and other members of their team and some of them don't have some lock-up period to ensure no one is dumping large amounts of tokens you can't imagine how much they are paying them aside from regular cryptos like bitcoin and Eth, others from bounty hunters but that will also depend on the allocation of the campaign.

but, in my opinion token price dropping after ICO is because at the private sale period most of project give a huge bonus for their early investors,,
and this investors dump their token early,,, i hope the lock period will be for private sale investors too, not only for the team or advisors from the project

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:57:26 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 06:44:59 AM by Clark05

There is a lot of reason for sure. The no.1 reason behind that is the hounty hunter not all but most of them are selling their coins once they got their token and listed to the market and other people who purchased token sell also token once the token listed.  But they have some scenario that project can cause of dumping the value.
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:28:19 PM

I have been into different ICO's already and that's what i have always experienced too. That's when the ICO got caught up during the market crash and others are also dumping their token holdings too.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:11:48 AM

Well, the thing is that it is always every single person that will be able to speak for themselves. However, for me personally, bounty campaign is just something I see as a long term thing when it comes to the tokens or coins from ICO. I have been holding so many tokens right from last year and I am still holding as much as I can, as long as I know there is a great prospect for the project in the long run. Basically, I do not just join bounty; I do my diligence to know that what I am joining is worth holding for the long term, so I do not end up bag holding a shit coin.

In this vein, I will only be speaking for myself, but I am sure a lot of bounty hunters are like this. Nonetheless, the team should always be considerate enough when issuing out bonuses to the investors, huge bonuses sometimes, will always lead to tokens being dumped to shake out weak hands by the whales.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:23:55 AM

Well, the thing is that it is always every single person that will be able to speak for themselves. However, for me personally, bounty campaign is just something I see as a long term thing when it comes to the tokens or coins from ICO. I have been holding so many tokens right from last year and I am still holding as much as I can, as long as I know there is a great prospect for the project in the long run. Basically, I do not just join bounty; I do my diligence to know that what I am joining is worth holding for the long term, so I do not end up bag holding a shit coin.

In this vein, I will only be speaking for myself, but I am sure a lot of bounty hunters are like this. Nonetheless, the team should always be considerate enough when issuing out bonuses to the investors, huge bonuses sometimes, will always lead to tokens being dumped to shake out weak hands by the whales.
Since the Bounty company is practically the only opportunity for me to replenish my home budget, I only sell tokens when I need money. But whenever possible, I keep all other coins for the future, because I understand which projects will be more promising.
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:50:58 AM

I have been into different ICO's already and that's what i have always experienced too. That's when the ICO got caught up during the market crash and others are also dumping their token holdings too.
They are forced to dump their tokens. Most of the ICO investors are only into chase for the profits.

When a whale who invested to that ICO sees that the drop would start soon, he's starting to dump his tokens to prevent more losses.
Mame89

Activity: 1554
Merit: 425

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:28:45 PM

I have taken part of some ICOs and everytime their token price goes down after the ICO.. why is that so?

EDIT:
oh, nice.. that was helpful and pretty much what I was looking for.. thanks for sharing

Hey

That might be helpful for you to understand the reason behind it - http://cryptoandblockchaintalk.com/why-do-prices-drop-when-an-ico-ends-27

Take care!
Facing this kind of thing we should have started to get used to dealing with it calmly because we have often encountered various altkoin from the ico project which ended at a price very far from the price of ico after being registered in exchange and you can minimize losses if you always monitor price movements tokens after being registered in an exchange because usually the initial price after entering the exchange still has a fairly high exchange rate then the price will decline and last long enough below the price of ico and if you experience this it is better to save and hold.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:11:00 PM

for me i guess this dropping of prices will all be due to some investors and bounty hunter selling their investments as soon as the ICO ends, and sometimes alts are being listed on a bad exchange that make other investors lose trust on it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: