Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:53:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token price dropping after ICO, why so?  (Read 32288 times)
Sri rahayu

Activity: 795
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:49:53 AM

I think that depends on how their team is doing their job seriously or not, because, if they don't seriously develop their project, they will lose the trust of investors who have joined their project, and investors will feel disappointed with the behavior of the project developers.

As we know, many investors are very sensitive to the ICO because they see a lot of ico scams. However, if you see their team active and always develop according to their roadmap, then there is a possibility that prices will exceed the price of ico, even though prices will drop dramatically after ico, surely the price will go up even though all bounty hunters sell tokens from their jobs, and that takes time, because there is nothing instant for satisfying results.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kisfoxs

Activity: 289
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 03:40:34 PM

Yes, this often happens when a coin has entered in exchange and the price immediately falls. I think this is because many people throw coins. I often experience this when I get an ICO coin and I will sell it and surely the price is directly below the ICO price. Many people do not dare to hold ICO coins for a long time because the price does not increase.

https://cerlos.io
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
🏠 -> Transforming The Trillion-dollar Building Materials Industry <- 🏠
Aptekary

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 04:21:18 PM

Yes, this often happens when a coin has entered in exchange and the price immediately falls. I think this is because many people throw coins. I often experience this when I get an ICO coin and I will sell it and surely the price is directly below the ICO price. Many people do not dare to hold ICO coins for a long time because the price does not increase.
In any case, you need to assess the situation correctly, because the price of coins during the ico of the company, this is the price that the developers set. But in the market the coin has a price According to the situation of the cryptocurrency market.
Nonie

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 05:12:57 PM

maybe because major coins have decreased almost all crypto coins dropped in including ico tokens or other possible causes because bounty hunter or airdrop hunters sell their coins together

WillyZ
Copper Member

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

Crypto24Radio.com ❤️

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 01:30:19 PM

maybe because major coins have decreased almost all crypto coins dropped in including ico tokens or other possible causes because bounty hunter or airdrop hunters sell their coins together

Yes, I think we can't give a good explanation in this market situation as everything is falling. Can't expect ICO tokens to act differently.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ www.crypto24radio.com ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
☀️☀️☀️ Best Crypto Radio out there - All crypto, all blockchain, all the time 24/7 ☀️☀️☀️
cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 01:56:11 PM

Maybe one of the reasons is most bounty hunters are dumping their bounties once rewards are distributed. Also, it could be that pre-ico investors, who got good discount during the pre-ico stage wants to earn fast money once altcoin hits the exchange. There are actually a lot of factors that affects the price of an altcoin after their ICO.
I disagree for your first reason, you mentioned that most gift hunters throw away their gifts once the rewards are distributed at a cheap price, while the allocation of tokens they get is very small does it make sense if they can make market prices a dump?
that's right what you say because the bounty hunter has no connection the price of the token drops after the ICO is finished, because for the bounty prize it is small, therefore many investors have retreated because they feel disadvantaged. if in my opinion it has become the game of the ICO
moneyvolutions.com
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:09:43 PM

If after the ICO ends and listed on exchange the price of their token is drop, in my opinion it is reasonable considering that they have just been listed on the exchange and they are still in the early stage (not yet having a product). So just hold them until have a decent value. However, if the ICO has ends a long time ago but the price continues to drop it seems like you have to sell this token immediately. Because usually this is due to an internal problem that occurs on this platform, and if you are stubborn to keep holding it you will only get loss more.
Diskcroc8

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 09:53:36 AM

There could be many reasons for this but one of the main ones is that the company was a scam or they couldn't deliver what they promised, it could also be that people weren't as interested in the idea as the company thought.
pro100j

Activity: 980
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 06:20:48 PM
Merited by tmfp (1)

dont invest in any ico now, its a 99% that they will fraud you. 99% of them just writing fake numbers of funds collected and dont give a single proof that they collected them. now its a about 30 millions of funds is been collected for all of icos, but if you check hundreds of them that you will see that they write about 10 millions each, thats all fake
Mr. Art

Activity: 350

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 10:24:29 PM

less demands in crypto world, and in my opinion this is the main causes why the price of token dropping after ICO
just wait, started by this year,, i'm sure the green market will come and stay  Wink

DZU1410

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

https://saturn.black

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 12:00:15 AM

In bear market you can't expect ico price when listed in exchange. Bounty hunter dumping price after distribution because i think most of the hunter try to selling as like Competition this is the point of dumping reason. I have invested many project but i did not get the right price after ico.     
Do not blame the bounty hunters they are just a small part of the project. If that project really grows and there is always good news, bounty hunters will never sell their tokens at cheap rates but instead choose to keep them in the long run. Everyone blames the bounty hunter, but the most bugs are the developers of the project because they are the big money keepers.

As you said, bounty hunters are a small part of a large project and if the ICO is good, they are not able to lower the price by 90%.
In my opinion, there may be many reasons, but the main are: bear market, whales manipulation to drop the price and buy cheap tokens, and the most common - no marketing right after ICO.
I agree with you. It's just always easier to blame bounty hunters. This is the most common version that I hear all the time, but even if all bounty hunters start selling coins at the same time, they will not be able to influence the market, because their share is very small.

Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:01:38 AM

It is partly due to early investors and bounty hunters taking profits and also due to the weak market conditions.
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:48:10 AM

It is partly due to early investors and bounty hunters taking profits and also due to the weak market conditions.
If you say because of weak market conditions, I agree with you, because most ICO coins do not have big enthusiasts after they are registered in the market so that when someone sells their coins the price will not move up again because of the lack of investors after they are registered stock exchange.

Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 02:06:55 PM

It has nothing to do with the ico. Almost all the ico that started in 2018 are down by 80 percent . Many ico's are even dead and some have scammed people .That's the risk you are facing when you invest in upcoming technology.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:14:39 PM

It is absolutely normal for a token to lose its value after hitting the exchange(s). The thing is that a lot of bounty participants want to cash out their earnings and they want as high value for their tokens as possible. That is the reason why the price often times falls sharply after listing.

elzjmirra

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:41:50 PM

In 2018 there are often many coins that collapse after being registered in the exchange market. Many people throw coins and influence the decline in the price of Bitcoin. The decline in Bitcoin prices can have an impact on decreasing all Altcoin. We must be patient and continue to hold coins, as much as we can to invest.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:33:51 PM

In 2018 there are often many coins that collapse after being registered in the exchange market. Many people throw coins and influence the decline in the price of Bitcoin. The decline in Bitcoin prices can have an impact on decreasing all Altcoin. We must be patient and continue to hold coins, as much as we can to invest.
We can't actually stop them not to sell immediately after receiving their rewards since they much needed money at that point. In some areas weren't crypto isn't accepted for payment,  they absolutely converted their tokens into fiat currency. 
The downfall trend after ICO won't be resolve if the team won't take action on it,  they should look some alternative ways for its recovery and not just letting it go.
TheReverend

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:37:43 PM

because the price of btc is down, but I'm also a little confused because when opening ico the price is not much different maybe only 100-200 $ adrift from the price of btc when ico, but the decline is very high more than 60% even worse.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 06:18:55 AM

because the price of btc is down, but I'm also a little confused because when opening ico the price is not much different maybe only 100-200 $ adrift from the price of btc when ico, but the decline is very high more than 60% even worse.
well, sometimes I'm a little confused about this. I think that a project is paid for with the right money, but when it's finished, they wait for the market to be good. well, but basically, this is normal. maybe because a lot of people hold the coin, and sell it when they first enter the market and make the price fall.
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:13:18 AM

I think ETH price will affect more ICO. During the past BTC did not fall too low, but ETH fell very low. So all investors have dumped tokens to receive ETH. Also I thought maybe that scam project when they also made dumping

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: