Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:42:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⭐[ANN] [ICO] ONAM Exchange - Globalizing Seamless Trading Under One Platform⭐  (Read 32287 times)
gee777

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 02:02:21 PM

from your Whitepaper, I see you're gonna use lots of Automated Features and Bots to keep it ahead of others!
but do you think those coding can be secure enough to keep your exchange safe and secure?
we all know how Hackers finds Vulnerability in automated process!

Nice. Very important question. Most of the hack or breach that occurred in exchanges where as a result from exploits or vulnerabilities in the trading bots. How will this be covered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ONAM_Official (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 02:10:41 PM

How secure are you gonna be?
i mean can you build your infrastructure so that it can prevent security threats?
and what if some security breaks and your funds gets stolen?

On top of standard DDoS mitigation, anti-phishing, 2FA solutions, and encrypted databases we have developed our own proprietary Advanced Threat Prevention, Intrusion Detection, and Trade Surveillance systems powered by machine learning. With the help of machine learning technologies, we will be able to detect any irregular activities and our Advanced Threat Prevention system will flag any potential problems in real-time, preventing breaches before it is too late. This makes ONAM the most secure trading platform in the foreseeable future.

Utilizing our relationship with BitGo we will be storing 99% of funds in bank-grade Class III vaults to ensure the safety of the funds ONAM customers have entrusted us with.
ONAM_Official (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 02:13:42 PM

from your Whitepaper, I see you're gonna use lots of Automated Features and Bots to keep it ahead of others!
but do you think those coding can be secure enough to keep your exchange safe and secure?

Nice. Very important question. Most of the hack or breach that occurred in exchanges where as a result from exploits or vulnerabilities in the trading bots. How will this be covered.

Since we offer bot/automated trading within our platform, you don't need to connect APIs of various bots. It would eliminate the vulnerability other exchanges exposed to.

Also, with the help of machine learning technologies, we will be able to detect any irregular activities and our Advanced Threat Prevention system will flag any potential problems in real-time, preventing breaches before it is too late. This makes ONAM the most secure trading platform in the foreseeable future.
Owillz

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:14:39 PM

So here we have another exchange project. Lots of exchanges popping out frequently. Interesting. Just found out this project. Will look more into it.
crazyer1976

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:18:15 PM

Since we offer bot/automated trading within our platform, you don't need to connect APIs of various bots. It would eliminate the vulnerability other exchanges exposed to.

Also, with the help of machine learning technologies, we will be able to detect any irregular activities and our Advanced Threat Prevention system will flag any potential problems in real-time, preventing breaches before it is too late. This makes ONAM the most secure trading platform in the foreseeable future.

What does "irregular actions" mean in a trading environment where the whole principle of trading is to perform actions that may seem illogical but result in maximum profit?) If on your trading platform all bots will do the same thing, then no one will make a profit, it is obvious. You cannot meet both of these conditions at the same time. Or delays in confirming the action will minimize the benefits of automation. You should focus your efforts on ensuring the security of cryptocurrency or money deposits/withdrawals, in this direction there is hope to become better than others.
ONAM_Official (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 02:18:44 PM

so many project are being released this days with similar features with nothing new in them!
so i would like to know how you're different from others and how you're gonna attract traders?
do you plan on bringing fiat in your exchange?

Yes, we are working with Regulatory bodies in multiple jurisdictions around the world. Not only will we have Fiat Trading, but we will have fiat trading in multiple major currencies. Euro, USD, AUD, Dirham, etc.
ONAM_Official (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 02:22:50 PM

What does "irregular actions" mean in a trading environment where the whole principle of trading is to perform actions that may seem illogical but result in maximum profit?) If on your trading platform all bots will do the same thing, then no one will make a profit, it is obvious. You cannot meet both of these conditions at the same time. Or delays in confirming the action will minimize the benefits of automation. You should focus your efforts on ensuring the security of cryptocurrency or money deposits/withdrawals, in this direction there is hope to become better than others.

That's actually a valid point.  ONAM Trade Assistant compiles unique user data including balance, portfolio and current open positions to create individualized comparisons to market data and signaling data. This unique information limits and even prevents the assistant from competing with other traders on our exchange who are simultaneously running the ONAM Trade Assistant
RyCriptoC

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:47:28 PM

There are now many new exchanges and when ico live they always offer something promising rather than the most popular exchanges today. But the facts speak differently and after the exchange is launched, everything is not as expected, the trading volume is low and far from comparison with other exchanges.

What will you do later, so you can compete with popular exchanges such as the comparison you show on the first page?

I also see a big problem. First, there are already many successful exchanges and, secondly, new ones come every week. I have been following some Exchange ICOs lately, but I never felt that they could become serious competitors to the existing Exchanges. But this one is different, I can not say exactly why, but I have a good feeling with Onam

Yeah. The first impression about this exchange tells it has so many different features. And have the capacity to handle large trading orders
Kinkadeinspired
Copper Member

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 03:58:31 PM

You claim to be able to achieve 10+ million TPS which is very fast if you ask me, my only question about this is, have this been tested? How did you achieve that figure?
chan001

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:08:56 PM

This is most important question.  I hope team have plans for the same. they need to use lot of security features to keep exchange safe
ONAM_Official (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 04:13:34 PM

You claim to be able to achieve 10+ million TPS which is very fast if you ask me, my only question about this is, have this been tested? How did you achieve that figure?

Yes, we have done extensive testing on this. We will be publishing the benchmarks along with our Alpha/MVP release, in just a few weeks. We were able to achieve these speeds utilizing GoLang programming language designed by Google which was specifically created for computationally intense server applications and auto scaling by AWS infrastructure, along with whole host of other frameworks like aurora, redshift, docker, etc. Software architecture of the engine brings “language simplicity”, better tooling, faster compile times, concurrency model and garbage collections system, which automatically frees up memory within the software.    
ONAM_Official (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 04:17:37 PM

This is most important question.  I hope team have plans for the same. they need to use lot of security features to keep exchange safe

On top of standard DDoS mitigation, anti-phishing, 2FA solutions, and encrypted databases we have developed our own proprietary Advanced Threat Prevention, Intrusion Detection, and Trade Surveillance systems powered by machine learning. With the help of machine learning technologies, we will be able to detect any irregular activities and our Advanced Threat Prevention system will flag any potential problems in real-time, preventing breaches before it is too late. This makes ONAM the most secure trading platform in the foreseeable future.

Utilizing our relationship with BitGo we will be storing 99% of funds in bank-grade Class III vaults to ensure the safety of the funds ONAM customers have entrusted us with.
Anilbg

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 04:18:25 PM

Yes, we have done extensive testing on this. We will be publishing the benchmarks along with our Alpha/MVP release, in just a few weeks. We were able to achieve these speeds utilizing GoLang programming language designed by Google which was specifically created for computationally intense server applications and auto scaling by AWS infrastructure, along with whole host of other frameworks like aurora, redshift, docker, etc. Software architecture of the engine brings “language simplicity”, better tooling, faster compile times, concurrency model and garbage collections system, which automatically frees up memory within the software.    

Nice. I just wanted to check the same. many claiming that their infrastructure support millions of transaction and all. But hardly anyone tested it in reality.
ONAM_Official (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 04:31:05 PM

Nice. I just wanted to check the same. many claiming that their infrastructure support millions of transaction and all. But hardly anyone tested it in reality.

We will be conducting Quarterly Mandatory 3rd Party Audits of our Matching engine, security, Order book to stay compliant and most importantly... offer FULL transparency to our userbase.
Kinkadeinspired
Copper Member

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 05:39:22 PM

Wow, its good to know that this much testing has been done, I do have another question though. Why did you come up with the name "ONAM"?
CrypticBabe

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 05:45:33 PM

i hope your detection technology can achieve a 100% accurency with detecting threat!
when it comes to my funds i'm always cautious with it!
do you have development ongoing?
RyCriptoC

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

We will be conducting Quarterly Mandatory 3rd Party Audits of our Matching engine, security, Order book to stay compliant and most importantly... offer FULL transparency to our userbase.

Great!  So we already know two main difference between Onam and other exchange.  One is number of transactions and other is quarterly audits as well.
Zombie259

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:59:13 PM

Great to see that the ONAM team had extensive testing on the TPS. I'm curious about the benchmark results and the MVP release.
chan001

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:04:56 PM

Great to see that the ONAM team had extensive testing on the TPS. I'm curious about the benchmark results and the MVP release.

We just have to wait for few weeks.  Team will provide benchmark results and the MVP release.
Getadaaa

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 06:20:15 PM

so many project are being released this days with similar features with nothing new in them!
so i would like to know how you're different from others and how you're gonna attract traders?
do you plan on bringing fiat in your exchange?

Yes, we are working with Regulatory bodies in multiple jurisdictions around the world. Not only will we have Fiat Trading, but we will have fiat trading in multiple major currencies. Euro, USD, AUD, Dirham, etc.

The fiat option on onam.io exchange makes it the best. Lately, there has been a fall in btc price, with many looking for option to sell off their coin directly to fiat quickly. Poor liquidity in some exchanges makes some exchanges fake their order books. How does onam.io plan to keep up with fiat pairs?

BEST TIME AND PLACE TO EXIST
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: