Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:24:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Investments Why Risky?  (Read 2855 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SinisterBountyHunter
Copper Member

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

● ● ● CryptoMarketAds &#

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 10:43:49 PM

ICO investments are risky because when you are carelessly making investments without knowing it first may put your investment to a bad way. Your investment will may become zero if that is the case. And the ico price is still not fixed when it is put on the exchange.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 11:05:07 PM

Massive price decline. Price movements that are difficult to control make me reluctant to join Ico again. Especially if the developer team does not have the right strategy to overcome market saturation.

gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:16:12 PM

New thing always risky but deep study need to be done accordingly prior to the issuance... Uncertainty on what can happen after ICO is always the bigger challenge to understand... Confidence in the item or coins sustainability is also another hurdle to go through... Need to work hard to develop the community... Anyway, all things in life are risky
We must be prepared to accept the risks that might occur, as we know that investing in an ICO Project is very risky. Selecting the right project will make us achieve different results. It is necessary to have the right analysis because in my opinion determining the investment choices that we have prospects is a must. Without analysis, we will not do anything, do our best and we will also get the best results.
que91

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:26:50 PM

It is very risky for the investment of the ICO project at that time because of the lousy circumstance of the economy. As the stat last month, the ICO project has sold more than 150.000 ETH because they have lost belief about this market, specially ETH.
ndico

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:28:23 PM

You really made a good point and I also add that that there is a shift from traditional trading to ICO investment trading, what do i mean by that? In the past many people engage in trading, if you remember when exchanges were closing registration for new users, those people were trading and those trading drivers the market price up, suddenly, ICO investing came, people trading started giving away trading money to these ICO's in - exchange for tokens which will still enter the market while they cash out the ICO money, Now the question is this, who is going to buy these token? and with which money again?

TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 11:47:13 PM

I think trust is mostly the main issue when it comes to crypto i think investors can deal with the fact that token price falls down here and there but been scammed is usually hurting and it closes the door to other upcoming legitimate icos

Whaletale
Copper Member

Activity: 154

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:07:17 AM

A very sense there, mush reason many like me are very not buy into ICO of a thing as there is no law that bind the contract and they do as if there is one by imposing what favour them on investors even when they are the one helping out their project like asking for kyc when there is no regulation body and this is why we need a serious regulations to bid the ICO so we can sue them when ever it is necessary.

elite070
Copper Member

Activity: 112

www.codex.one

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:23:08 AM

I have not get good luck in investing into icos and the few one that I have invested is not doing very well in the market.  Icos investments is very risky and many investors have lose significant amounts of money.  I don't think we can really succeed the ways people and investors are losing money through icos scam projects.

Virutal product makes really no sense to fund about. Like online technology or software development. They just put the fund to the developers and creators of the app. But what makes sense is a real technology which can be used by many.

princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:47:29 AM

ICO investment is not risky. There is a certain level of risk attached to every investment made aside ICO investment. Before an investor decide to join a particular investment platform, it is required that the investor performs thorough research on the platform before joining. Scam is everywhere and not in crypto alone, hence investing blindly without studying about the ICO may end up joining a scam ICO.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
sekop

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:51:42 AM

Investment in ICO has a far greater risk than investing in altcoins. The reason is that:
1. Most ICOs that are still running have no clear prospects and are not yet in the market
2. The majority of prices from the ICO will decrease when it has been distributed to the participants
3. To increase the price, it takes a long time
4. ICO is not necessarily able to survive in crypto for a long period of time.
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 02:37:02 AM

Investment in ICO has a far greater risk than investing in altcoins. The reason is that:
1. Most ICOs that are still running have no clear prospects and are not yet in the market
2. The majority of prices from the ICO will decrease when it has been distributed to the participants
3. To increase the price, it takes a long time
4. ICO is not necessarily able to survive in crypto for a long period of time.

I agree, friend ...
indeed it's a risk that is not kidding. But also we shouldn't be too scared.
I still have a positive and good view of the ICO because of course there are still many ICOs that have very good contributions to everyday life.
So, investors are still worth investing their money in ICO, especially ICO, whose products are truly beneficial for everyday life. We and all investors must support such an ICO.
we only need deep analysis, so we don't suffer losses.

Yes, the US now offers certain conditions for these projects and does not allow US citizens to participate in projects that have not met these requirements. I wanted to give information in general because I did not write a article for a single country. For that reason, I wanted to express the difficulties that all the world's investors can face today in the field of law. Of course, what you write is not wrong, but if you need to comment on the United States quite accurate and important information.

wow good news in the realm of law. I myself feel very hesitant to invest because of this problem.
the presence of ICO garbage can be reduced by the existence of regulations that began to be formed and pioneered by the US. Hopefully other countries will follow soon.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
coinsycrip09

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 02:46:03 AM

New thing always risky but deep study need to be done accordingly prior to the issuance... Uncertainty on what can happen after ICO is always the bigger challenge to understand... Confidence in the item or coins sustainability is also another hurdle to go through... Need to work hard to develop the community... Anyway, all things in life are risky
i think you are right, all things are at risk. not only has a large enough risk but ico also has considerable advantages if we are on a good ico.

to get very big results it must have quite a big challenge too, and that i think is quite in accordance with what we will get.. it's just that, we can't just choose ico.
retnocintaku

Activity: 588

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 03:07:45 AM

Of course, there are risks, especially if we are already in crypto, of course we are ready with any risk, by facing the current market conditions, it is already a risk too, but still think wisely in facing crypto conditions for now and remain confident the future will run normal too for ico, hopefully in the future there will be a lot of ico who have good potential

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
acholagi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 03:10:08 AM

no official agency really regulates the existence of ICO as an investment business model. This deficiency makes me more alert, because developers can run away at any time without our knowledge
sometimes I also doubt the products written in the whitepaper, even though they have been explained in detail
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 03:10:56 AM

There is 100% risk with the ICO investment because we don't whether they have the ability to develop what they mentioned in the roadmap. During crowdsale it is impossible to predict about the company if we compare the percentage of success then we need to think twice before investing into any ICO.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 04:52:05 AM

the biggest risk is certainly a scam and useless coins in the market. certainly, these results can be anticipated with a good analysis in the selection of ICO. It's just that the science in analyzing or deepen ICO is still much less so many are stuck in confusion in the election and finally fell ICO.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 04:57:33 AM

the biggest risk is certainly a scam and useless coins in the market. certainly, these results can be anticipated with a good analysis in the selection of ICO. It's just that the science in analyzing or deepen ICO is still much less so many are stuck in confusion in the election and finally fell ICO.

that's what happens a lot now. The most dangerous risk when investing in ICO. Therefore, if we invest to be careful and analyze beforehand so that we don't experience the ICO scam anymore. There is also something that often happens is that ICO is really very good but the end is a scam too. The point is to really think before investing.

siorapokk
Copper Member

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 09:22:03 AM

Outstanding post. I hope every investor will go over this post and finally understand that you should not invest in every ICO that is live on the market. Be patient guys and when the market recovers, the situation will change.
Blinker123

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:05:34 AM

ICO projects have entered our lives with an incredible pace last year. People who follow the market very closely through these projects have very serious boilers and users who do not follow the market too could only hear information about projects. This investment sector, which saw a significant increase in the last year, managed to earn significant investments in the first quarter of this year, but unfortunately such investments cannot offer as much guarantee as before and cannot provide as much profit as before. Everyone can clearly see the end of the era of being rich by investing in ICO. And what risks does this investment vehicle have? Why is it not so favorable or favored by many investors today? Have you ever wondered the answer to these questions? In this article, I will tell you the answers and the reasons for all these questions.

Virtual Product

Virtual products are the first to be trusted or unreliable in ICO projects. The point to be mentioned with the virtual product word here is the expectation of profit margin return with the sale of a real and non-existent product. A token (product), which is not yet in the market, is sold to investors with a certain value. The investor thinks that when he buys these tokens, he will sell them with certain values and in some projects, he cannot go beyond imagination from some projects. In short, we are paid for a product that does not have any value yet and we think that we will sell it more profitably in the future. In this case, successful projects do not take place in some projects or completely explode in the hands of the investor.

Fancy Dreams

It is another risk factor related to the topic mentioned in a higher title. Once the project team has set a price for its product, it also tells its investors the price to sell. It is wrong to make such a clear value estimate for a product that is not yet completed or a product that has not yet been completed. As a result, each project will be successful and reach the target price and it can pass the price is not a rule. For example, let's say we get 10,000 X-Tokens for 1 ETH. The project team is going to sell this imaginary by stating that the value of these 10,000 X-Tokens will be 3 ETH. Then, we start to dream with this money. The big day is coming, and without any mishap the project is achieving success. In this case, the dreams sold to us become reality and we are doubling our money (who knows, maybe more?). But in case the project is not successful, our money is either decreasing or completely disappearing. In this case, the dreams sold to us are frustrated and have no value. This is why ICO projects sell us a dream when they actually offer investment opportunities.

Discenterless Management

The fact that many ICO projects have decentralized management is another risk factor. Since there is no center, the product to be produced or the imagination sold to us is open to many speculations. For this reason, our investments can be seriously valued with severe changes and serious losses may be experienced. It is important to note that this risk factor is present in many types of cryptocurrencies.

Law

Undoubtedly, I think many people know or predict this risk factor. In the crypto money market, unfortunately, there is no formal rule-of-law or formal legal framework (although not a few states try to take measures). Because this is not a legal framework or a rule framework, the investments in such imaginary products can be very risky for this reason. Of course, high risk means high earnings, but you are not able to do any legal action when you are defrauded in your investments. It is for this reason that many litter projects have recently made ICO and have made serious gains by making big picks.

Risk

Another risk factor that can be linked with an upper substance is trust. Since there is no legal regulation in this market, we can face many trust shortages when investing. Therefore, doing a detailed research on the members of the project team before making an investment will help us achieve a very useful result. With this research, the problem of trust will be solved and at least one risk factor will be reduced.

What is the biggest risk factor that makes you feel uneasy when investing in ICO? I am waiting for your answers with your explanations short or long.

Simply because the ICO's now is so risky and ICO's platform now are always the same that's why the investors are so afraid of investing now in ICO's. But there are some great ICO's now, try to research you will see that great ICO for investing.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:52:44 PM

ICO is very risky because they are not licensed by the governement, most of the Idea are too good to be true or too ambitious.  Aside from that in cryptocurrency space, most ICO developers are just present in the picture, there is no actual personal interaction between the investors and the project developer.  Sources like ICO ratings site are just some pay to publish sites in order for the project to be advertised.  In short, we are investing blindly in most ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: