Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:59:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs dying off?  (Read 27156 times)
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 07:52:42 AM

ICO still has the opportunity to make money. But you also have to be smart to find a real ICO project. Already many ICO has failed so many investors have doubts about ICO. They currently prefer to invest in established coins.
The reality is that. Indeed many projects fail and investors are made to lose their money. Because the project is not mature it will certainly lead to the development of the project itself. I agree with what you say by looking for projects that are real and must be potential in the future.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 08:20:32 AM

ICOs have been a nightmare since last year with regards the massive dump on exchanges after ICO and also scam projects. People have been skeptical due to uncertainties surrounding ICOs but the recent trend now is hosting ICOs on exchanges. Exchanges like LATOKEN has been doing this but BINANCE has created the greatest impact as seen on the price spike of Bittorent (BTT)  and FETCH.AI (FET) selling out in few seconds/minutes.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 08:47:57 AM

for now investors are starting to turn to exchanges for security and risk for their money because their confidence in the ICO has been eroded in the previous year with a lot of losses and loss of money because the project was scam and some chose to remain silent and see the development of the ICO at this time

Lacca89

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 09:55:33 AM

You have to find the right ones and do your research before investing. Make sure they have a strong team and a working product.
OptimusPrime_3

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 11:20:06 AM

Probably not, the ico also have suffered the bear market lately because too as well as every other investments.  Although personally am glad the bear market happened because it helped uncover many useless projects as well scam projects too. Now I think it made many wiser to be careful on the type of project they invest on

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 12:13:04 PM

nowadays, ico is much doubted and also avoided as an investment by many people due to the decline in quality and also many cases of fraud that occur, this is the real thing that is now happening to ico
sonicwave

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 12:45:13 PM

Probably not, the ico also have suffered the bear market lately because too as well as every other investments.  Although personally am glad the bear market happened because it helped uncover many useless projects as well scam projects too. Now I think it made many wiser to be careful on the type of project they invest on
You are right, the bear market opened the eyes of many investors and made them think, not all investors blindly believe in ICO projects, or began to check better, or took a break

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
rdewilde

Activity: 925

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 01:05:12 PM

After an explosion of time, it needs to be fixed. ICO has exploded in 2017 and in 2018 and 2019 will come to an end for ICO. I am hoping a new form will appear in the near future

der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 01:46:20 PM

They are just facing not their best times. Unfortunately there are too much projects that are ending scam and people are losing their money. Binance is now trying to fix this problem and is holding ICOs that are having a huge success. I think if Huobi will do the same, such ICOs would be also very successful.
Niam_bakri

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 02:11:03 PM

After an explosion of time, it needs to be fixed. ICO has exploded in 2017 and in 2018 and 2019 will come to an end for ICO. I am hoping a new form will appear in the near future
are you a true ico will end? updates should actually occur. look at the condition of the ico are not investors responded I guess also the impact of a declining market asset prices, it makes investing ico decreased. in the long run because many investors thought to have crypto assets on the market in large quantities.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 02:59:36 PM

You understand that everything depends on us. Today there is a very big risk to participate in the investment of new projects. Today there are a very large number of people and projects that may turn out to be scam projects and this frightens investors very much.
AtlantaFive

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 03:23:28 PM

Ico won't die unless some sort of regulation happens or if something important need to prioritize but for now they will continue as long as new projects arise. The only bad thing now about icos is we are in bear market and most of the investor thinking twice or thrice before investing money because they don't want to get hype just like year 2017 where ico exploded then after that the ico market begins to fall.

Jimitieu

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 03:25:53 PM

If ICO continues to succeed in 2019 and helps them to be profitable, I believe that ICO will not die. Investors are interested in recent ICO projects and I believe that ICO will continue to live

otong

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 04:02:07 PM

"September has seen the least amount of funds raised by #ICOs in more than a year. Are ICOs dying off?"

Chart here: https://twitter.com/Bancor/status/1049690978213404673

I think ICO is not dying, it only takes time to grow again. because I think that situation is not always above. sometimes it's below too. so we don't think negatively about the current ICO situation.
acord00

Activity: 225

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 06:40:23 PM

Yeah, it can be said that the ICO is almost dying because of the large amount of competition between the ICO which has caused the ICO to try harder to get investors to reach the softcap and even the hardcap from the project. Plus, the ICO has to deal with a fake ICO which has reduced investor confidence in the ICO. I just hope that trust in ICO will recover and there will be no more ICO fraud. ICO fraud only makes the market worse.
m0Ray

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 03:40:58 AM

ICO projects do not meet the expectations of investors. Almost all of the projects which have been able to collect the money failed to make a good show in the market and on the stock exchange. Even if the project wants to pay dividends to investors, it needs to be listed on the stock exchange. And now the worst conditions for entering the auction.
shooleh

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

Personal Text: Revolusi industri erotis di Blockc

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 03:53:37 AM

In 2018 the price of Bitcoin dropped very sharply. Impacts all aspects of Crypto. Declining ICO quality and a large number of ICO frauds caused many investors to suffer losses. But I don't think that the ICO is completely dying. But there are still many good ICOs, only we have to work hard to find them.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
Mata Kripto

Activity: 175

guestcrew.com

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 04:03:59 AM

ico is not dead but is dying. This is really happening now, but I still believe that ICC still has good potential to follow, so don't give up with the declining market conditions. believe that there are times when the market can rise again and investors will invest again in the ico project.

▆▆▆▆▆▆   :[GuestCrew]:   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Earn GUEST Tokens by sharing content
guestcrew.com
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 04:13:09 AM

"September has seen the least amount of funds raised by #ICOs in more than a year. Are ICOs dying off?"

In my own opinion, I think ICOs are on their way out. It is because ICOs are unregulated and investors like us holds all of the risks. Even if the team is legit, there are no guarantees that it will become successful. Only a handful of ICOs are successful nowadays, as most of them have failed.

I believe that ICOs will be phased out and things of the past. STOs would dominate in the upcoming months since they're regulated and backed by assets. It is something that would protect investors and I'm very supportive of this. Just my two sats.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 04:22:53 AM

I think ICO is not dying, it only takes time to grow again. because I think that situation is not always above. sometimes it's below too. so we don't think negatively about the current ICO situation.
how can you say ICO is not dying? don't you see how the ICO is developing now? there are so many ICOs that are currently unsuccessful that it is even very difficult to reach a softcap, that is because there are so many investors who are not interested in the ico world anymore because maybe they are aware that the ICO cannot provide any more profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
  Print  

Jump to: