Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:42:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buy beef with bitcoins  (Read 25548 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 11:03:33 AM

Tried the roast last night in the crock pot. It was pretty good. The meat was falling off of the bone.

Scoring: best out of  /10
Shipping speed 10/10
Packing 10/10
Cuts 9/10
Marbling 10/10
Freshness 10/10
Tenderness  10/10
Taste 9/10 ( I would give it a 10 but I have had cuts with more flavor)

Overall I am very satisfied and plan to be a repeat customer. Thank you!

I tried the t-bones, sirloin, and burgers yesterday. They were even better than the roast! Marbling on the tbones looked and tasted great.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lenkug

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:51:52 PM

Got my sample today!!
Here are some pics to show packaging and meat.

http://imgur.com/aaxeAsu,lYAwuhG,U0s2TDZ,99bZr9D,YOPEQqY

Beef came perfectly packaged and frozen.
Ill update when I cook them!
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:51:29 PM

OMG, they look stunning!

It doesn't look like you'll find it hard to find customers here with a product as good as this.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:19:08 PM

I have been raising beef cattle for over twenty years in southwest missouri. I had the idea of doing some direct selling of beef to the consumer. In the past, my cattle get sold at the local stockyards. I always raise my own for family use. Some of my friends have said that the meat is really good. This is actually the first time I have ever done a blog. I suppose I am a bit behind the times that way. I was actually interest in feedback as to suggestions. My son is helping me start a website at https://test.andelinlivestock.com. Does anyone think there would be much interest in buying beef for bitcoins? I thought I would put up photos of the farm, discuss details regarding how the animals are raised etc and perhaps some testimonials. Do you think it is important to be able to order directly on the website vs having a contact e mail or phone number. The meat is USDA inspected and would be shipped frozen. Any suggestions on how to guarantee satisfaction? I thought I could request payment after delivery. I am willing to take that risk since I imagine that most people are basically honest. How much lead time do you think people want on an order. Now if someone wants a side of beef, I make an appointment to haul him to the butcher, then they have to process the meat, which takes about two weeks. If I were to get a lot of interest I would butcher animals a head of time. I thought I woulf offer a significant discount for buying in bulk...that is 1/2 of an animal at a time. That equals about 250 lb of meat.
  Do you think I should offer some free steaks or roasts initially to provoke interest?
   What cuts are most people interested in? Current pricing plans are about 6.00 per pound for hamburger, 15.00 per pound for steaks and about 10.00 for roasts on average plus shipping. This is meat that, I believe to be superb quality. The calves are in the pasture. They are fed on grass, hay and some corn. The only antibiotics given are short term for illness. They do not go to a feed lot. They are treated as humanely as I know how. I raise angus cattle and I have recently started crossbreeding with the Maine anjou breed. Both breeds are excellent for meat quality and marbling.  The cross, I think , really leads to a quality product. Anyway, any advise on pricing? ? I plan to have the web site up and hope to be able to deliver in about 6 weeks.
  Any input from anyone interested is much appreciated, particularly in what I can do to built a reputation of trust.
  I became interested in bitcoin about a year ago. I noticed that someone in Australia is accepting bitcoins for beef...hence my interest

I received my package and was not home to receive it so I didn't take pictures of it in the box when it arrived in.  I'm happy to report the meat was frozen when it reached my doorstep and was packed well in a nice Styrofoam container just like the other more established companies ship it out so if others were wondering I give it a +1 on shipping quality...

I was glad I reread this post and found the information I was looking for in regards to the kind of feed you give your cattle and the mention of little use of antibiotics was also a big plus in my book.  I don't know how to thank you for sending out a sample other then to give you a honest review of my thought on the meat which I'll begin to do in the coming days.  I wish I had read the whole thread as I would have probably made a request but it doesn't matter, I'm very happy with what you sent.  More info to come, thanks again andelin!   
jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:35:04 PM

OMG, they look stunning!

It doesn't look like you'll find it hard to find customers here with a product as good as this.

They are stunning, and he won't have problems finding customers!

I got my roast in the mail yesterday.  Frozen solid, perfectly marbled.  It looks so flavorful, I am almost have a hard time believing its grass fed!  (I do believe it, just saying, there is a nice amount of fat in the roast)

I am going to braise it this weekend with onions, carrots, salt, pepper, beef stock, thyme, rosemary, red wine, garlic, and button mushrooms.  Will post pics of the process and outcome. 

After that I plan to order a standing rib roast, burger meat, some tenderloin...

BTCeef! 
eXSn

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:48:54 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 03:01:07 AM by eXSn

Unless its for a low cost, I'd recommend against using USPS.

They fat fingered my zipcode and sent it an hour away, forwarded somewhere unknown from there. Phone support is ridiculous and branch support is beyond incompetent, all of them should be fired. Hopefully nothing goes bad.

edit: Just arrived, two steaks and ground beef, looks amazing. Will update after dinner.

Scoring: 10/10
Shipping speed 8/10
Packing 9/10
Cuts 9/10
Marbling 9/10
Freshness 10/10
Tenderness  10/10
Taste 11/10

Added salt and pepper to the ground beef and nothing else. One of the best burgers I've ever had. Steaks amazing as well.

andelin (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:24:13 AM

I thank all of you who have been so supportive as we have tried to get this off the ground. I will post beef and shipping prices and payment options Monday April 7. I will be ready to ship on or before April 30. Thanks again.
AlmostEpic

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:58:55 AM

I can't wait for the pricing etc. to be released. Those steaks look amazing! Hopefully by the time your ready to start taking orders I am quick enough to get an order in and not miss out on first shipments.

Edit: To answer your questions
1:most desired/popular cuts? 
Ground, burgers, short loin, brisket, sirloin.

2: interest in discounts for larger orders
Possibly, depends on when I can buy another freezer to store it all.

3: interest in discounts for a  medley type order with a combination of steaks, roasts, hamburger
Very much yes, I love almost all cuts of beef and a medley package would work out great for my family.

4: interest in custom cuts , this could be arranged through the packing company I am using
Not really but I'm sure others might be.
Blaater

Activity: 462
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:22:07 AM

Every time I read this I feel terrible that I liveon the other side of the world. I love good meat, and this just looks awesome. You are goign to have a very big amount of costumers, I wish you the best in the bitcoin/meat business Smiley.
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:45:26 AM

Every time I read this I feel terrible that I liveon the other side of the world. I love good meat, and this just looks awesome. You are goign to have a very big amount of costumers, I wish you the best in the bitcoin/meat business Smiley.
thank you for your kind wishes
WEB slicer
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:18:41 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 12:56:53 AM by WEB slicer

OK i got my free samples today. I would like to start this off by saying thank you. Your generosity is truly appreciated.

You asked me to do an honest review and provide tips and feedback so here we go. You shipped this USPS priority on March 25. It was suppose to arrive March 27.  It was delivered March 29. There was no dry ice left in the cooler. The meat was not frozen or even cold. Blood and fluids was leaking out of the cooler and all over the box. The postman usually says hi, good morning, or i have a package for you. When he handing me this package he said "here" with an unhappy tone. With blood all over the box i dont blame him for not wanting to handle it.

This is what i suggest to help make delivery a little smoother for you. The post office is the worst carrier. They handle the most mail so lost damaged or late packages is common. If they would have delivered on the 27th instead of the 29th this may not have happened. I recommend using UPS or Fedex 2nd day. If you do use the post office ship next day cause its guaranteed next day and it comes with $100 insurance in case the meat does not arrive in good condition. Only ship monday or tuesday if not shipping next day cause Fedex and UPS will not delivery on saturday unless you pay extra. If this was not delivered today (saturday) it would have delivered monday and it would have been an even bigger mess. Try to ship as early as possible so your package ships with the current days packages instead of sitting around and going out with the next days packages. I also recommend you work on your packing. Im not sure why there was news paper in the cooler, but plastic wrap and paper is not a good idea. I suggest zipper bags so the fluids dont leak all over.

I like the idea of buying meat straight from the farm with BTC. But since this is a perishable product its not going to be easy. I have a feeling even if you do everything right there will still be complications which turns in to unhappy customers and financial loss for you. It can be done successfully but it will be very challenging. I dont recommend you do large orders until you have fulfilled alot of orders without problems.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:21:14 AM

OK i got my free samples today. I would like to start this off by saying thank you. Your generosity is truly appreciated.

You asked me to do an honest review and provide tips and feedback so here we go. You shipped this USPS priority on March 25. It was suppose to arrive March 27.  It was delivered March 29. There was no dry ice left in the cooler. The meat was not frozen or even cold. Blood and fluids was leaking out of the cooler and all over the box. The postman usually says hi, good morning, or i have a package for you. When he handing me this package he said "here" with an unhappy tone. With blood all over the box i dont blame him for not wanting to handle it.

This is what i suggest to help make delivery a little smoother for you. The post office is the worst carrier. They handle the most mail so lost damaged or late packages is common. If they would have delivered on the 27th instead of the 29th this may not have happened. I recommend using UPS or Fedex 2nd day. If you do use the post office ship next day cause its guaranteed next day and it comes with $100 insurance in case the meat does not arrive in good condition. Only ship monday or tuesday if not shipping next day cause Fedex and UPS will not delivery on saturday unless you pay extra. If this was not delivered today (saturday) it would have delivered monday and it would have been an even bigger mess. Try to ship as early as possible so your package ships with the current days packages instead of sitting around and going out with the next days packages. I also recommend you work on your packing. Im not sure why there was news paper in the cooler, but plastic wrap and paper is not a good idea. I suggest zipper bags so the fluids dont leak all over.

I like the idea of buying meat straight from the farm with BTC. But since this is a perishable product its not going to be easy. I have a feeling even if you do everything right there will still be complications which turns in to unhappy customers and financial loss for you. It can be done successfully but it will be very challenging. I dont recommend you do large orders until you have fulfilled alot of orders without problems.
Thank you for your honest input. I am realizing USPS may not work out. Thanks again. When I get all these issues solved, if you would like, I will send another sample.
WEB slicer
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:14:42 AM

Ya the post office sucks. They lost a package of mine a few months ago. Completely lost it and didn't know where it was even though it had tracking. Two weeks ago they mishandled another package and the goods was damaged. I filed a claim and they haven't even reviewed the claim yet. It will probably be a two month ordeal. If this would have arrived in the 2 days they advertise the ice probably would not have melted. I unwrapped the steak and took a good look at it. The meat is thick and looks like a good cut of meat. Half of it was nice and red but the other half was dark and starting to go bad. I decided to cut away the dark part and fry up the rest. It was tender and juicy but after a few bites i did notice a particular taste. Unless you are brave i dont recommend people eat it if its not frozen. I would definitely appreciate another try, but i know there is cost involved for you so unless you really want to dont worry about it. I know shit happens. I wish you the best and hope you have good luck with the BTC community. People around here like to buy all kinds of things so if you can perfect the shipping you should be fine.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:50:46 PM

Ya the post office sucks. They lost a package of mine a few months ago. Completely lost it and didn't know where it was even though it had tracking. Two weeks ago they mishandled another package and the goods was damaged. I filed a claim and they haven't even reviewed the claim yet. It will probably be a two month ordeal. If this would have arrived in the 2 days they advertise the ice probably would not have melted. I unwrapped the steak and took a good look at it. The meat is thick and looks like a good cut of meat. Half of it was nice and red but the other half was dark and starting to go bad. I decided to cut away the dark part and fry up the rest. It was tender and juicy but after a few bites i did notice a particular taste. Unless you are brave i dont recommend people eat it if its not frozen. I would definitely appreciate another try, but i know there is cost involved for you so unless you really want to dont worry about it. I know shit happens. I wish you the best and hope you have good luck with the BTC community. People around here like to buy all kinds of things so if you can perfect the shipping you should be fine.
I would love to send another sample ....this time I will use a different carrier ande get it right. I will pm you in the next few days.
WEB slicer
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:30:41 AM

OK - thank you sir.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:04:18 AM

OK - thank you sir.
I am realizing USPS is not going to be dependable enough. I am investigating Fed ex and UPS. Anyone have any useful experience with either?
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:10:20 AM

After I posted that the package arrived we put it in the fridge and I went back to work.
Later that evening I opened up the T-bone and Rib Eye steaks, and they looked and smelled fine.  I figured they had recently thawed out and were ready to go. (We did throw out the ground beef).

15 year old son tried a new steak sauce.  Equal amounts of red cooking wine and honey, lots of freshly ground pepper, and several crushed garlic cloves.  He served it with steamed vegetables (broccoli, bell pepper, onions, and mushrooms) with a honey wine vinegar drizzled over it.  Also some wheat bread just out of the oven with lots of honey. Wink

Turned out a very good meal.  The meat was fine, glad we didn't toss it out!  There were two of each type of steak, thick slices, and it fed 6 people.

If I had not bought a 1/2 a cow (with bitcoins  Cool) a week before this thread was created, and didn't have a friend locally who I buy from, I would consider buying from andelin before purchasing from the grocery store.

Figuring out how to ship a perishable item is a tricky thing and I consider the problems of this first run not to be an issue.  I think everyone can order from andelin without worrying about it being a scam.

We meant to take some pictures, but we were pretty hungry and it smelled really good once it was cooked...and we forgot to grab the camera.

No need to send a replacement shipment to us.  Thanks for sharing.
thankks for being willing to try a sample. I imagine you do alot of shipping. Any thoughts on UPS anf Fed ex? I am realizing that I need dependable delivery times when I am dealing with shipping something perishable.
jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:44:40 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 04:54:50 AM by jakedeez

So, as promised, here is my review.

I'll start with the basics:

Packaging and shipping 10/10

I asked for a roast, I thought about asking for more, but I figured I would just stick with a roast and I would do up a review and that it was a fair deal.  I'll be asking to buy some tenderloin and ground beef asap btw!

Anyway, so I got a chuck roast, and figured to myself, let's braise it...

So here are the cast of characters, aside from some egg noodles:

The Roast, Mixed Mushrooms, Carrots, Onions, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, EVOO, a decent Pino, Rosemary, Thyme, and some stock.

The process:

After sauteing the onions, carrots, and mushrooms separately I browned the roast in the hot dutch oven, after liberally applying salt, pepper, and garlic.

I then deglazed the pan, and added it all back in the pot:

A couple three hours at 250 later:

Finally, boiled off some egg noodles, cooked a little asparagus with olive oil, lemon and lime juice and a dash of salt for a really darn good meal:

The meat was flavorful, and super tender.  Usually I wouldn't go for a chuck roast with grass fed beef, I tend to favor the Chateaubriand/Filets or ground beef with grass fed.  This was however a great roast.  It was tender, and fell right off the bone.  Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it.

Paul - as I said, I'd love to place an order.  If you'd like to send me out any other cuts: steaks, roasts, burgers, whatever, I'd be more then delighted to do another little review with pictures and all.  But, either as some samples or if you'd be so kind as to allow me to place an order, I'd like to get some more of your BTCeef!

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 08:20:07 AM

OK - thank you sir.
I am realizing USPS is not going to be dependable enough. I am investigating Fed ex and UPS. Anyone have any useful experience with either?
Frankly personally   have shipped lots of items as a retailer here and on Bay for several years and I have found the USPS to be most reliable in my opinion. What class of shipping are you using priority? If so I suggest overnight. Shipping is more but if it is not delivered on time they refund the shipping cost. On the other hand Fedex and ups have given me lots of problems before. This may vary from region to region.
AlmostEpic

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:38:53 PM

After reading that review on the roast and seeing all of those pictures, I just wonder to myself........ Why is it not April 7th yet! That looks absolutely amazing!! I can not wait to get a chance to try a few different cuts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: