Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:49:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How did you end up with shit coins?  (Voting closed: October 25, 2018, 03:09:02 PM)
Pump & dump scheme gone awry - 5 (33.3%)
Peer/ friend pressure. - 0 (0%)
Did not read/understand whitepaper - 0 (0%)
Misled by Forums/groups that you followed. - 2 (13.3%)
Bet on the wrong team. - 3 (20%)
Had too much money and did not know what to do! - 0 (0%)
Other - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you end up with shit coins?  (Read 21172 times)
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 07:26:07 AM

When I first came into contact with crypto, I was inexperienced and listened to some "Online experts". I later realized that there were no crypto experts at all,they didn't even understand the basic knowledge of crypto. Now I am Only believe in my own judgment.

Loser
Jackrodwell
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 06:58:55 PM

I am working on an article about how smart people ended up buying shitcoins – I need some info on why you bought shitcoins (if any). If you choose "other" then can you care to comment on what that other means? Would appreciate if you helped me get an insight!
Thanks in advance.
I think the issue is too hype on coin and also not taking time to digest the whitepaper, even though I know there are too many fake whitepaper out there just to deceive investors.
jtbcoins

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 07:05:19 PM

I was holding, let me say, bad coins for a long time. I found out that it's not a good idea literally a few months ago. Now I think that if you getting some bad coins from somewhere - just sell it and forget about it.
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 07:31:46 PM

I don't think there's a reason same way people end up investing in scam ICOs. Usually everything look interesting and promising at first and then not long, the real picture is seen.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
Saint1990

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 08:39:40 PM

Well I was new to cryptocurrency market back in oct 2017 I heard from my friends to buy lower price coins which pumps any time in few days or month. I invested my first 100$ in dynasty coin and my funds got locked for six months & barely recovered 60$ by giving up on patience. The second time i cateched burning train buying already pumped coin UCASH which later dropped too hard I lost again my 50$. Then started to watch youtube channels to learn about basic & brush up my skills since then I swear not to invest in shitcoins & to go with hype on right time & exit at the right time by taking profits.

CryptoCoinArbitrage

Activity: 485
Merit: 12

$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:42:22 PM

Ended up with shitcoins during the hype in 2017. FOMO made me greedy and blind. I have learned the lesson on
the toughest way. Now, I am doing my own research and still listening to everyone but making my own independent
decision.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:49:04 PM

I was holding, let me say, bad coins for a long time. I found out that it's not a good idea literally a few months ago. Now I think that if you getting some bad coins from somewhere - just sell it and forget about it.
Yeah, its hard to know if its a shitcoin in the first place since you are being feed with a good papers, the site looks so great, the whitepaper is so good and the team is very responsible but after months of holding, you will just realize that its not worth holding anymore. If you ended with a shitcoins better to let it go now than to be stressed while you are still holding.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:52:28 PM

I ended up with a ton of shit coins in my wallet because I listened to the wrong person from a forum. Initially he looked like and experienced person and kept sharing proofs of his successful trading and how much profit he made. Luckily I didn't paid anything to him, the informations were free but I guess that's exactly why they were free(because you have to pay if you need something of a high quality). I think it's people fault that they belive everything they read in different websites and forums and they don't do enough research before investing their money in something they don't know anything about.
shad_ow90

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:34:24 AM

I am working on an article about how smart people ended up buying shitcoins – I need some info on why you bought shitcoins (if any). If you choose "other" then can you care to comment on what that other means? Would appreciate if you helped me get an insight!
Thanks in advance.

Shit coins finally will be die but they are also coins which are pumped strongest, because it is a price trap to scam investor that think they are good coins

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
VasyaPupkin

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:36:25 AM

Thanks in advance.
I dealt with Shitkoins when I wanted to fill my portfolio with something new and unusual, I will not give the name, anyway, now it is already at the zero level, but it was a bitter experience, but it was experience. Now I don’t consider below a hundred coins from the list by capitalization.

Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:45:32 AM

Thanks in advance.

Most of the $hitcoins I have came from bounty campaigns. I'm looking now for bounties that give bounty in eth or btc.
There's a benefit of giving eth or btc for bounties. It protects the project token from being dumped. It also gives immediate liquidity to the bounty hunters.
It's a win-win and I hope projects doing ICO follow the same path.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
Taner

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:15:43 AM

From shit coins you need to get rid of in any case, even if they cost a bit. The thing is, they could just disappear, I used to, so it's better to get something.
sangalangdavid

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:32:43 AM

I didn't think that the coins I am holding before will turn into shit coins. But as time passes by, the price was continuously decreasing and completely turned almost zero value. Some shit coins I've got is from bounty campaigns of ICOs.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Levious

Activity: 271

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:48:38 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2019, 08:59:08 AM by Levious

The source of these coins is often shocking. Some coins can even be used as a fan of IMTOKEN, he will send coins to your wallet. The current downturn in the cryptocurrency market is related to the abuse of tokens.

wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 09:57:00 AM

Shitcoin has low market capitalization and when i bought it but the price down, i wil sell it immeditialy and buy others coin that listed on 20 top ranking because all of that will have better fundamental and the price has more potential to rise later.

nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:54:28 AM

at first people don't know whether it shitcoin or promising token so they buy it in hope of growing in the future.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:02:02 AM

when I was new in crypto world, I bought shitcoins when their price increase I just follow the uptrend, sometimes I gained profit and sometimes not.
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:23:12 AM

I got all my shitcoins from airdrops when I was so active on it and of course from failed project those coins that didn't even get to the exchange although they have generated a good amount my wallets says it all how bad 2018 is so many shitcoins so many failed projects.

memecoin

Activity: 308

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:24:11 PM

I trusted big company that was creating the coin.
They weren't 100% honest about the launch and this fired back when coin entered the market as there were people with loads of coins and their dumped it making the price go low.

It was like you and I used to think, but it had a bit of a problem in that many people were frightened and dumped just because the price was low. But it does not shock me, pondering and still choosing it as a good money, but it takes time  Cheesy

Am I spamming? Report me!
dmcx

Activity: 348

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:47:11 PM

I don't think there's a reason same way people end up investing in scam ICOs. Usually everything look interesting and promising at first and then not long, the real picture is seen.

I mean, I can understand, but the good side from this I haven't seen. The fact that many altcoin is not used easily leads to the current situation, but it is not all, just due to fluctuations, that make them shitcoin  Cheesy

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌