Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:10:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How did you end up with shit coins?  (Voting closed: October 25, 2018, 03:09:02 PM)
Pump & dump scheme gone awry - 5 (33.3%)
Peer/ friend pressure. - 0 (0%)
Did not read/understand whitepaper - 0 (0%)
Misled by Forums/groups that you followed. - 2 (13.3%)
Bet on the wrong team. - 3 (20%)
Had too much money and did not know what to do! - 0 (0%)
Other - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you end up with shit coins?  (Read 21172 times)
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:09:52 PM

I missed the polls well the shitcoins in my wallet are mostly my earning through airdrops and buying into ICO that at the end of they listing into the exchange they price dropt to 0 santoshi and end up being useless to me because no body will buy a worthless coin on any exchange.
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:12:45 PM

Especially in the early times I've got all my shitcoins from bounty campaigns. After that I've become a trader and investor so I've started to get them from ICOs or directly from the market to speculate on them.  We are in a consolidation period now so the prices don't really reflect the technology advancements that took place recently. I can't wait for a full-fledged bull market to see the market reaction.
Yahiris

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 07:38:24 PM

Most of the shitty coins I got caught participating in the bounty companies and mostly they didn't bother me much, because I tried to sell them right away.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
AztecGoldHero

Activity: 1274
Merit: 645

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 07:41:00 PM

%90 of crypto shıt coins, so its about how good shit is it Cheesy

no body use %90 of coins, so they are all useless, and all copy paste coins,

and now they are movıng to binance chain and they startın another hype, they gonna fuck people at bınance chaın now Cheesy
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:53:00 PM

I am working on an article about how smart people ended up buying shitcoins – I need some info on why you bought shitcoins (if any). If you choose "other" then can you care to comment on what that other means? Would appreciate if you helped me get an insight!
Thanks in advance.
if I was not successful with my investment it will giving me a lots of disappointment because there are so much of time and work from my side was totally waste but it will always happening in this field so I cannot worry a lot.
trashman43

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:57:14 PM

Most people in the crypto ecosystem end up owning shit coins usually as a result of greed and not reading the whitepaper of the project. I end up having shit coins in my wallet because of greed and not spending time to monitor its market and trading trends. I invested in them because I saw its market value increasing at a rate of 5% in 48hrs. After i owned some of the coins in my wallet, the price dropped and hasn't raise since then.

Serve20

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 08:06:06 PM

I ended up with many shit coins because I don't really have prior knowledge about the industry operate and what makes a project to be seen as solid project. I follow hype and I don't usually dump at the right time thinking that the ride will continue like that.

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 08:11:43 PM

I am working on an article about how smart people ended up buying shitcoins – I need some info on why you bought shitcoins (if any). If you choose "other" then can you care to comment on what that other means? Would appreciate if you helped me get an insight!
Thanks in advance.

Well the list is long

Refusal to sell at peak
Long term hodling gone wrong
Fomo rushes purchase and token ends up at 1 sat then delisted
And misplaced research findings can also be a factor

It makes sense. Holding the shitcoin has no value in return in my opinion. I prefer to sell them when I see the news about getting listed on known exchanges. The problem is big exchanges never support the useless projects.
necromastery

Activity: 1414
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 08:20:50 PM

%90 of crypto shıt coins, so its about how good shit is it Cheesy

no body use %90 of coins, so they are all useless, and all copy paste coins,

and now they are movıng to binance chain and they startın another hype, they gonna fuck people at bınance chaın now Cheesy
It's true, honestly people only use it for trading if his price is good, if not then they will throw, not so many use it for the coin platform. because they have moved to the binance chain, we will blend into it, everyone will get their own type of shitcoin.
Pasyugi

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 08:41:10 PM

Hi dear forum members, I would like to share this reference https://pyyro.com This project, a kind of social network and news site on the subject of crypto!
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 09:12:11 PM

Thanks in advance.
That has happened to me twice but I’m never going to make such a mistake again. The first time was due to I got a wrong information, and was convinced to buy a coin that ended up being useless at last. Then as for the second time, it was as a result of pump and dump. Happened so quick, before I could know what was happening they had already dumped the coin and I was left with the shit coin. Had to withdraw my money and sell every coins I had then cause I didn’t want to fall for the same again.
laskybok

Activity: 315
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 10:07:01 PM

At a particular point, it seems pump and dump was the order of the day.
Most times, we are aware that a coin is a shit coin and that the particular growth trend at that is pump and dump. Yet we would want to get into it and see if we could also partake of the profit, which is where we might make mistakes and end up acquiring more shit coins.
Judge-Dredd

Activity: 517
Merit: 257

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 10:14:38 PM

Some of these were through poor decisions and others were some of the best decisions I've made in crypto. Low cap, high supply all the way.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
TCTDev

Activity: 574
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 10:25:06 PM

Especially in the early times I've got all my shitcoins from bounty campaigns. After that I've become a trader and investor so I've started to get them from ICOs or directly from the market to speculate on them.  We are in a consolidation period now so the prices don't really reflect the technology advancements that took place recently. I can't wait for a full-fledged bull market to see the market reaction.

I also received most of the shitcoins during bounty campaigns, especially during the boom of ICOs, most of them never riched the exchanges and still hang in my wallets like a shadow of old times. But some of them I even bought just before the Bitcoins rally, even good projects end up badly, who knows maybe if the market condition was different some of those projects would survive and even become something meaningful, but after the moment when most of the altcoin lost most of its price or closed, I end up with shitcoins, and now try to buy only existing stable coins and practice more trading to earn profit on volatility.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:16:55 PM

Mostly from bounties of failed projects, airdrops of useless tokens, being naive and FOMO-ing into a pumping shit coin, thinking I could dump it on the suckers that entered after me and that is pretty much it. Most of those I already sold even at loss, but some of them are still messing up my wallets.
Metall303

Activity: 891

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:12:08 PM

Many shitcoins are very profitable but in a short period of time. You need to constantly monitor your cryptocurrency portfolio. So I don't like shitcoins.

Whether or not Shit depends on how you value them, I am investing in an altcoin that you might consider it shitcoin. Its market cap is only a few tens of thousands of dollars, but tracking github is still working. So I have been investing some money here, if it is wrong, I will not lose too much
you are doing right. Now there are a lot of projects that look like Shitcoins, but technical work is underway and the team continues to work. even by investing $ 50 in such a project now and if it works you can make $ 1000 out of $ 50. but you have to be lucky

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 08:34:24 PM

It's simple. I got those shit coins from bounty and airdrop of failed and scammy projects. Failure to research deep and not seeing the end result of these projects before hand caused it. They kind of make my wallet unorganised.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
EducoinVietnam

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 10:59:10 AM

They are bought only during periods when the entire market has high volatility and a clear bullish trend is visible. At such moments, anything can grow, which in most cases turned out to be true.
ajdaj

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 06:53:19 PM

For me, i am very careful about what coin to buy. I didn’t want to spend my money for useless tokens. The only shitcoins that i receive were from bounty campaigns. Hopefully the market is getting better these days and it’ll be more profitable.
I completely agree with you, because in the past I have not received real profit on the Bounty company.  Tokens accumulate in wallets and have no value.  In addition, most of us do not even do not go to the stock exchange to trade.  To really have to invest your personal funds only in the highest-rated cryptocurrency.
hongus

Activity: 736

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 07:18:02 PM

Grin Well, the whole problem is that we trade badly. Buy shitkoin during takeoff. And then we can not sell because he does not need anyone. True truth. Statistics will not lie.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: